Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? (48744 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by MajesticD(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2020
Klass99:
My classmate's story when we were @ University. I'll call her Nengi because she was just as hot as the BBN housemate (if not hotter sef) cheesy

Nengi was dating a working class guy off campus and would often visit him at his crib, she had some of her stuff at his place as well. She visited one weekend and all her stuff were gone (clothing, toiletries, etc) When she asked where her things were, dude said his crib had been broken into and the thieves made away with her things.

Thieves broke in but somehow only her things were missing! This was the first sign that things weren't right but none of us saw, what was to come. Mike did a 360 degree turn afterwards and started dating one of Nengi's close friends and eventually married her. I don't think they did proper marriage rites cos Nengi's friend got pregnant and moved in with Mike (not his real name) I hear they are still living as man and wife, several years later.

Nengi was devastated because she truly loved Mike and wasn't playing games on him, she also had a good character as far as, I could tell. So, I didn't understand the switch he made either. The shocker for me was the friend he went for. Adams Oshiomole will best describe the girl he ended up with.

Mike had proposed to Nengi prior to all this drama and if I remember correctly, he had gone to see her parents about his intentions. Some people say jazz was involved. I didn't know what to think back then or even now, except, fear men grin

My sister, jazz was involved? Nah women you suppose fear. grin
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2020
saucecode:

Bullshitto, if ure not billing dem, are u na investing in their life or dashing dem money? Wat is the friendship dat will exist between u and a man where exchange of favours or sex won't be involved.
Abi is it prayer meetings u and dem will be doing

Mafren, save ur tales. I've rolled wit ur type plenty before. Mrs I don't bill guys bt yu secretly expect dem to do things for u, na una way na. See her talking of recharge cards,now I know ur level sef cheesy
Ibknownyou run a charity organization where you pay bills for women. Keep it up.
That's how girls will Bleep and dump you after collecting the little change you have. And then yes u go to your male friends and form hard man to them. I pity your type .
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by afilaka(f): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2020
dingbang:
Marry a woman who loves you more wink

Believe me,except yoa ready for marriage,this would irritate you as a man. Men love to go after Hard-to-get ladies.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by saucecode(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Ibknownyou run a charity organization where you pay bills for women. Keep it up.
That's how girls will Bleep and dump you after collecting the little change you have. And then yes u go to your male friends and form hard man to them. I pity your type .
Hehehehehehe,at least we fcked. Dats the idea, not ur type dat expect favours & gifts in the name of friendship without sex. Wetin u and a man you're not in a relationship with want to dey discuss on a daily, motivational quotes? grin

4 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2020
undecided
saucecode:

Hehehehehehe,at least we fcked. Dats the idea, not ur type dat expect favours & gifts in the name of friendship without sex. Wetin u and a man you're not in a relationship with want to dey discuss on a daily, motivational quotes? grin
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2020
saucecode:

It's your type that can't hold a conversation with an opposite sex because the only thing you know is sex.

5 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Pearly255(f): 9:15am On Aug 24, 2020
culf:
beautiful. God bless your universe for you jo

AMENNNNNN!!!!!!!
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by SirMichael1: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I didn't see more or the interpretation of it.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by jeff1607(m): 9:24am On Aug 24, 2020
afilaka:

Believe me,except yoa ready for marriage,this would irritate you as a man. Men love to go after Hard-to-get ladies.

Not all MEN

2 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:24am On Aug 24, 2020
MakaveliTheDon:

You're right.
A man can cheat and still love his wife of girlfriend. Not saying this suit men but that's just the truth..
Once a woman starts cheating she's good has gone.

Yes it’s not to suit men, it’s not good to cheat, but the truth is just that, women can destroy everything when cheating, they don’t mind the consequences at that moment, so that they are happy in the new relationship and enjoy their romantic affair, it’s finished, they will start rejecting the mans advances, pushing him away, etc, they were built to cheat with emotions even feelings.

2 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by placeofallure(f): 9:30am On Aug 24, 2020
dingbang:
smiley your opinion doesnt matter sweetheart

Why should yours matter if hers won't matter? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:30am On Aug 24, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

WHO THE F**K ARE YOU??!! cheesy cheesy

What are you talking about? undecided
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by saucecode(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
It's your type that can't hold a conversation with an opposite sex because the only thing you know is sex.
Is it conversation u need in friendship wit the opposite sex?grin Wat of ur female friends,are dey dumb or u ppl dont have anytin to talk about dat its na guys u want 2 b having long unproductive conversationz wit cheesy

3 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by dingbang(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2020
placeofallure:

Why should yours matter if hers won't matter? Just asking.
dont even take panadol over our matter, else you will loss. uyai and I have an understanding. wink
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by dingbang(m): 9:45am On Aug 24, 2020
afilaka:

your opinion to you, my opinion to me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by folake4u(f): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2020
wintersnow:

Except me

Lol, good for you.
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by descarado: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
It's very annoying. Me sef I'm tired of meeting or getting to know new makes. They all want sex. I don't take any guy serious these days.
It didn't start today. Even the days of our grandmothers.
What u should aspire to do is be ahead of them with second option. If he is somebody u will want as a friend, yeah, u can stir the ship towards that. Everyman that took interest in you both those your close friends had at one point or the other fantasized about bedding you. Some relegate the thought to the back of their brain and maintain friendship pending on when opportunity knocks or just let it be and move on. That some men were outright with that doesn't tag them bad men, your response and actions after determines if he is the serious type, testing type or all weather type.
So don't just stop cos some guys asked for sex first. That's what all of them wanted in the first place. Those that delayed where simply trying to make you soft pedal and to please you. The reason why even after 3 months of dating, once he collects, he is off and start hunting again. Learn the rules of the game and u won't burn. Men are very easy to read and understand. Just that ladies live on some fantasy land.

6 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2020
descarado:

What u should aspire to do is be ahead of them with second option. If he is somebody u will want as a friend, yeah, u can stir the ship towards that. Everyman that took interest in you both those your close friends had at one point or the other fantasized about bedding you. Some relegate the thought to the back of their brain and maintain friendship pending on when opportunity knocks or just let it be and move on. That some men were outright with that doesn't tag them bad men, your response and actions after determines if he is the serious type, testing type or all weather type.
So don't just stop cos some guys asked for sex first. That's what all of them wanted in the first place. Those that delayed where simply trying to make you soft pedal and to please you. The reason why even after 3 months of dating, once he collects, he is off and start hunting again. Learn the rules of the game and u won't burn. Men are very easy to read and understand. Just that ladies live on some fantasy land.
You are very correct. I tell girls, it better he's blunt with your and you tell turn him down than he's cunningly waiting to take advantage of you. And again, as a babe if you are willingly accepting to have sex with a guy, prepare to do that without getting emotionally involved cos you will end up shocked. Enjoy the sex if you must and don't go crying after him that he left you after sex. It's in men to take off after eating the cookies.

3 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by taiocol: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2020
Available
taiocol:
Make conscious effort to beautify your home/apartment and offices now. Get these sets of Art at a very affordable rate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12189165_tmpcam2446979606428384684_jpeg7bdcaa8fe2d63a399e44263c61acbe96
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by placeofallure(f): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

For a husband and wife it becomes difficult as they have to be up in each others faces. One thing that first goes is communication. Especially physical. One of the earliest is facial expression and interest in your presence. Your being there. Once that goes, physical contact goes, then verbal communication goes too then you have two strangers in the house. Marriage is based on Friendship and mutual two way Interest. Once friendship goes, forget interest. Interest becomes one way traffic. At that point the one withdrawing affection is simply using the other person. This is objective and without prejudice to who is guilty or who caused the problem.

I quite agree with you about the communication aspect. You will have little or nothing to say to each other when you stopped loving yourselves.
I once had a bf, we were good together, so I thought, until I met another. The other one helped to magnify the faults in the former. Like GboyegaD said earlier on this thread, people grow apart sometimes. I guess that was the case with me. As I grew older, my tastes changed. I had new thrills, new passion, new vision which must be fulfilled. So naturally, it was only a matter of time before things capsized between us. He was a good man, principled, cultured, very well behaved and kind and he loved me and provided for me but all of those couldn't keep me.

When our affair eventually went comatose, one of the first things that got affected was communication. Even if I leave my house to go visit him, we'd have nothing to talk about. You could always feel the palpable tension in the air. He knew someone else had my attention. He tried to talk me out but I was already swept off my feet. This my new man is a friend. You don't get tired of friends, you remember them and you smile. They're naughty in a pleasant way. When you marry your friend, you are on a long, jolly, fun ride. I never regretted that decision, never!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by PropertyBuying(f): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2020
Interesting revelations.
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by placeofallure(f): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2020
dingbang:
dont even take panadol over our matter, else you will loss. uyai and I have an understanding. wink

Yeah! I suspect that too.
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by placeofallure(f): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
judedwriter:

I discovered that to truly love someone of the opposite sex, you must be good platonic (non sexual) friends for at least 1 year!

Dating is a SCAM! The sooner people know, the better for them.

Yes. I was platonic friends with my husband for several years before we started dating. Now, it's still that same friendship mentality. Back then as friends, we gist about anything and everything, it's still like that. Then, we trek in the neighborhood, even to longer distance so we could have more gist time. Till tomorrow, it's still like that. Then, we used to go to concerts, events etc as friends, it hasn't changed. When we started to date, it's just like doing the obvious - putting the icing on the cake.

The problem is this generation is not as innocent. They just want to explore the explorables beneath the clothes. Little or no thought is given to compatibility. Marry your friend, they'll never listen. Of course what works for 'A' may not necessarily work for 'B' but you have to start from somewhere.

5 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I've never billed a male friend and I don't intend to. [b]Billing a guy has never been my thing. [/b]Stop thinking like a dickhead baby boy. You have the mentality of all those little boys that go bragging blhow they recharge btheir babe's phone which is something friends do for friends be it male of female. You need to make genuine frineds who really care about you cos you will never understand what friendship is with this your childish B

If deductions are to be made from nairaland grin one might just believe females here are virgins, independent & rich .... back to reality whu are those billing & fvcking men grin
well i understand, i don't expect you or any gurl here to reviews things you've bin upto grin afterall what gives a man valve is what depreciates a woman. pls note friendship is not onesided
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=MISSCONGENIALITY post=93161418]I've never billed a male friend

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by phazotron(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2020
afilaka:

Be living in 18th century. Which man has time for stunts now with everything going on in this world?

Come try am with me u go know what's up.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by afilaka(f): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2020
phazotron:

Be living in 18th century. Which man has time for stunts now with everything going on in this world?

Come try am with me u go know what's up.

Who the Bleep are u exactly?

My husband far better than ya. And even at that, you're nt still it.
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by culf: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2020
Pearly255:

AMENNNNNN!!!!!!!

Thank you dear, God will keep you and bless you more to take good care of her.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Liposure: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2020
placeofallure:

Yes. I was platonic friends with my husband for several years before we started dating. Now, it's still that same friendship mentality. Back then as friends, we gist about anything and everything, it's still like that. Then, we trek in the neighborhood, even to longer distance so we could have more gist time. Till tomorrow, it's still like that. Then, we used to go to concerts, events etc as friends, it hasn't changed. When we started to date, it's just like doing the obvious - putting the icing on the cake.

The problem is this generation is not as innocent. They just want to explore the explorables beneath the clothes. Little or no thought is given to compatibility. Marry your friend, they'll never listen. Of course what works for 'A' may not necessarily work for 'B' but you have to start from somewhere.
sometimes, sexual compatibility is essential
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Pearly255(f): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
culf:

Thank you dear, God will keep you and bless you more to take good care of her.

Amen, I claim it. Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by bukatyne(f): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
judedwriter:

I discovered that to truly love someone of the opposite sex, you must be good platonic (non sexual) friends for at least 1 year!

Dating is a SCAM! The sooner people know, the better for them.

That friendship base is very important.

How can you conveniently claim to love someone you don't know?
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Liposure: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
descarado:

So don't just stop cos some guys asked for sex first. That's what all of them wanted in the first place. Those that delayed where simply trying to make you soft pedal and to please you. The reason why even after 3 months of dating, once he collects, he is off and start hunting again. Learn the rules of the game
god bless u

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos) / I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help / My Lover — Not My Husband — Impregnated Me, Wife Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.