Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,251 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! (65314 Views)

Nigeria Warns Nationals Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus See Brutal Details / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Universities In Northern Cyprus ‘illegal’ – Ambassador (University World News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by whirlwind7(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hmmm.

Why is it that when countries break up into North and south, or at least partly separates...the northern part is usually the horrible part?

North Sudan
North Cyprus
North Korea
Pakistan (formerly north of India before it separated)
North Nigeria

North is where evil gets nurtured. Fear North

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Folabifreeman(m): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
samsard:
You didn't get the op. If you go there you're not going to be making money. You're actually going there to spend boost their economy.

Yes I understand but what I'm saying is that at least you'll: 1) escape this shithole country
2) stone throw away from the EU
3) escape this shithole country
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by wink2015(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:
I have always wanted to warn Nigerian students seeking prospects in Europe or abroad generally to remove the option of TRNC from their list but l lacked the motivation, that time to sit down and pen a lengthy post discouraged me, but in lieu of the recent headlines on the news, I will say my bit and warn anyone who probably has been nursing that idea to desist from going there!

I felt the agents who processed my admission for me were not fair to me as they ought to have warned me enough but anyway, it's a dog eat dog world. They were only interested in loning their pockets.

Though, the news going round on social media that hundreds of Nigerian students have been killed there is grossly over exaggerated, there have been some killings but Northern Cyprus still remains safer than most part of Nigeria to be candid!

The TRNC is a country which is not recognized by any country in the world aside from Turkey, they have no natural resources or industries to generate revenue from, so they built some universities all over the country and they branded the Island as A STUDENT FRIENDLY ISLAND, may God punish them for that deceit!

The only source of revenue for the Northern Cyprus government is Education, their own citizens dont attend their universities, they mostly school in the UK,Turkey or the southern part of the island which is under the EU zone, to further enhance the scheme of luring unsuspecting students to the island, the TRNC is one of the easiest countries you can travel to as a prospective student, I bet it is not one of the easiest but the easiest!

A prospective student can apply and get admission in 3 days and you dont need a Visa to go there ,you only need your admission letter and your original school documents to go there, a process called OK to BOARD so most Nigerians who have been denied admission or have been denied Visa in other countries have no choice than to jump at that offer, A prospective student who applied Today can be in TRNC in less than 2 weeks to show how fast it is!

All this is to encourage students to come to the island and help their economy, the TRNC is a very expensive country to survive in,it costs about 300 pounds on the average to get a decent 2 bedroom flat and the hostel fees on the average cost about 3000 euros per semester aside from school fees, let me break it down further, 3k euros in Naira is equivalent to 1.5m per semester and we have 2 major semester in an academic year which means an average of 3m on accommodation alone, The tuition fees here starts from 2500 Euros per semester on the average! Which is roughly 2.7m in Naira.

Now that's not the worse part, the worse part is the day to day living on the island, it costs about 40 turkish lira to take a taxi to any location and that's about 2,400 naira and 4800 in total,for a to and fro journey though there are school buses which the government claims to be free but they are not entirely free as the cost of transportation has been deducted from your school fees.

The TRNC government lures student to the island to boost sectors such as housing as accommodation is very expensive, even the locals here dont pay what foreigners pay for housing they pay lesser, students come in to boost the tourism sector, the hospitals and pharmacies benefits from it, the transportation sector benefits from it and ofcourse it creates that multiplier effect that propels their economy.

Any household item or commodity whatsoever that you desire to purchase here is over 7 times the rate in naira, let me give examples, it costs over 2500 naira to buy a pain killer like panadol which cost around 200 naira, it costs about 15k to buy a charger for your phone, electricity bills can be as high as 60000 naira in a month during the summer and winter months when the air condition and heater has to be used, yes I said 60000 naira, Gas and water bill is something else entirely, the price of everything there is Jaw dropping as the prices are inflated to leach every penny from foreigners, they believe that every student especially Nigerians are rich!

When you register as a new student here,their universities will seize your original certificates to trap you so you wont leave and if you decide to leave the school you will be asked to pay termination fees in addition to whatever debt you probably owe the school!

Is it not crazy that a friend had to drop out on financial reasons and he was asked to pay over 2800 euros with the fees he owed the school before he will get his original certificates which he submitted while registering as a fresher!

Some of the institutions here fail students deliberately so that they can keep paying this school fees and trap them in the system to keep boosting their economy.

To crown it all, their are no jobs there coupled with the harsh and expensive living conditions many students have no options than to engage in petty vices.

95 percent of the universities there, the degrees are not Recognized by several international bodies, what the agents mostly do in Nigeria is to tell Nigerians that they are going to Cyprus and they will think they are going to the Southern part of the island which is an EU zone but on getting to Cyprus they are taken to the North. In fact the temporary residence permit wont take you to any country and since the country is not recognized most countries dont have embassies there which means to relocate you probably have to get a Tourist visa from here to Turkey which is not so difficult to apply to any country of your choice.

No b all abroad b abroad, and na small the north Cyprus take fine pass Nigeria sef, the roads are not so good and the houses are not so rushed.

According to the last NANS report there are approximately 30000 Nigerian students on this island and we have Zimbabweans, Congolese and other countries from other developing nations both in the middle east and Asia here.

My advice to all prospective students, if you are nurturing the idea of coming here to work while schooling please jettison those ideas. In fact dead it!

North Cyprus is not worth it ,one bit! I have spoken and its finally out of my conscience, who get ear make e hear!

And as for the grammar police wey go wan check my post for spelling errors and punctuations, this post is to share my experience there and warn prospective students against going to that expensive island.

IT IS HIGH TIME THE UNITED NATION SOLVE THE "CYPRUS QUESTIONS"

Turkey is dragging the northern part of Cyprus and calling it TRNC

Greek is dragging the south cyprus that is recognised by the European Union.

WITH ALL THIS PRESSURE ON NORTH CYPRUS by both Greece, Turkey, and EU all fighting for the soul of Cyprus.

How do one think that is a good environment for peaceful study?

Agreed Cyprus has nice beach, sunny weather infact beautiful sunshine.

But beyond all this lies the EVIL OF CYPRUS !

Educational agencies in Nigeria have brainwashed many unsuspecting Nigerian students including their parent to think Cyprus is a place to get good, affordable and qualitative eduation that is european standard.

I hope Cyprus have offered them their dreamed expectation.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by samsard(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
Folabifreeman:

Yes I understand but what I'm saying is that at least you'll: 1) escape this shithole country
2) stone throw away from the EU
3) escape this shithole country
Except for Turkey you can't go to Europe from there as it's not part of the EU or even recognized by most countries. If you can afford the fees there, then you're surely not poor in Nigeria. There are many people who are very much comfortable living in nice places in Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or is it hearsays?
IT'S NOT BLACKLIST O. I CAN NOW RELATE TO WHAT MY YOUNGER ONE PASSED THROUGH THERE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mintyguy:
With this your article,my fear just heightened for a friend who went there early this year

I hope say your guy never drop original certificate o. shocked
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Folabifreeman(m): 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
samsard:
Except for Turkey you can't go to Europe from there as it's not part of the EU or even recognized by most countries. If you can afford the fees there, then you're surely not poor in Nigeria. There are many people who are very much comfortable living in nice places in Nigeria.

6OOK used to run the package back in the days.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
EXPERIENCE THEY SAY,IS THE BEST TEACHER.ONE OF MY BROTHER IN-LAW HAS BEEN THERE FOR OVER FOUR YEARS AS I AM TYPING THIS REPLY NOW HE HAS GONE INCOMMUNICADO .
AFTER THE WHOLE FAMILY DONATED MONEY FOR HIS JOURNEY,WHICH WAS ARRANGED BY UNSCRUPULOUS AGENTS,THE BURDEN OF KEEPING HIM THERE HAS MADE EVERYONE TO BACK OUT.
JUST AS YOU SAID AT A TIME HE NURSED IDEA OF LEAVING THERE FOR FINLAND BUT THE AMOUNT THEY WANT HIM TO PAY TO GET HIS CERTIFICATE BACK IS ENOUGH TO SEE HIM THROUGH COVENANT UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA.
TODAY WE DON'T KNOW WHAT LEVEL HE IS AND HOW HE IS SURVIVING IN THAT ISLAND.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by planetx: 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is a result of thinking everything white or European is better and superior.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by panpan(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Are Nigerians allowed to travel from Northern Cyprus to Cyprus without a visa?
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
I pity my ,friend who scooled there
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Ladycewhy(f): 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Let he that has ear heat now o. I am glad the op choose not to keep quiet, many Nigerians who have been fvcked over choose to lick their wounds in silence.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Charmingrascal(m): 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or is it hearsays?

Go there no one stops you.

Na stubborn fly dey follow dead body enter grave

14 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by PS712: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:
I have always wanted to warn Nigerian students seeking pro

Na our bad leadership carry our people enter this one chance!
Weldon for opening people's eyes.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Investnow2017: 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
ComputerWiz007:
Jeremiah 1:14.
Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the North an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land.
Jeremiah was here referring to Babylon which was to the north of Jerusalem or Judea. Will you say the same for North America?

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by SeriouslySense(m): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thank you for this, its really interesting to read
dwilliams:
I have always wanted to warn Nigerian students seeking prospects in Europe or abroad generally to remove the option of TRNC from their list but l lacked the motivation, that time to sit down and pen a lengthy post discouraged me, but in lieu of the recent headlines on the news, I will say my bit and warn anyone who probably has been nursing that idea to desist from going there!

I felt the agents who processed my admission for me were not fair to me as they ought to have warned me enough but anyway, it's a dog eat dog world. They were only interested in loning their pockets.

Though, the news going round on social media that hundreds of Nigerian students have been killed there is grossly over exaggerated, there have been some killings but Northern Cyprus still remains safer than most part of Nigeria to be candid!

The TRNC is a country which is not recognized by any country in the world aside from Turkey, they have no natural resources or industries to generate revenue from, so they built some universities all over the country and they branded the Island as A STUDENT FRIENDLY ISLAND, may God punish them for that deceit!

The only source of revenue for the Northern Cyprus government is Education, their own citizens dont attend their universities, they mostly school in the UK,Turkey or the southern part of the island which is under the EU zone, to further enhance the scheme of luring unsuspecting students to the island, the TRNC is one of the easiest countries you can travel to as a prospective student, I bet it is not one of the easiest but the easiest!

A prospective student can apply and get admission in 3 days and you dont need a Visa to go there ,you only need your admission letter and your original school documents to go there, a process called OK to BOARD so most Nigerians who have been denied admission or have been denied Visa in other countries have no choice than to jump at that offer, A prospective student who applied Today can be in TRNC in less than 2 weeks to show how fast it is!

All this is to encourage students to come to the island and help their economy, the TRNC is a very expensive country to survive in,it costs about 300 pounds on the average to get a decent 2 bedroom flat and the hostel fees on the average cost about 3000 euros per semester aside from school fees, let me break it down further, 3k euros in Naira is equivalent to 1.5m per semester and we have 2 major semester in an academic year which means an average of 3m on accommodation alone, The tuition fees here starts from 2500 Euros per semester on the average! Which is roughly 2.7m in Naira.

Now that's not the worse part, the worse part is the day to day living on the island, it costs about 40 turkish lira to take a taxi to any location and that's about 2,400 naira and 4800 in total,for a to and fro journey though there are school buses which the government claims to be free but they are not entirely free as the cost of transportation has been deducted from your school fees.

The TRNC government lures student to the island to boost sectors such as housing as accommodation is very expensive, even the locals here dont pay what foreigners pay for housing they pay lesser, students come in to boost the tourism sector, the hospitals and pharmacies benefits from it, the transportation sector benefits from it and ofcourse it creates that multiplier effect that propels their economy.

Any household item or commodity whatsoever that you desire to purchase here is over 7 times the rate in naira, let me give examples, it costs over 2500 naira to buy a pain killer like panadol which cost around 200 naira, it costs about 15k to buy a charger for your phone, electricity bills can be as high as 60000 naira in a month during the summer and winter months when the air condition and heater has to be used, yes I said 60000 naira, Gas and water bill is something else entirely, the price of everything there is Jaw dropping as the prices are inflated to leach every penny from foreigners, they believe that every student especially Nigerians are rich!

When you register as a new student here,their universities will seize your original certificates to trap you so you wont leave and if you decide to leave the school you will be asked to pay termination fees in addition to whatever debt you probably owe the school!

Is it not crazy that a friend had to drop out on financial reasons and he was asked to pay over 2800 euros with the fees he owed the school before he will get his original certificates which he submitted while registering as a fresher!

Some of the institutions here fail students deliberately so that they can keep paying this school fees and trap them in the system to keep boosting their economy.

To crown it all, their are no jobs there coupled with the harsh and expensive living conditions many students have no options than to engage in petty vices.

95 percent of the universities there, the degrees are not Recognized by several international bodies, what the agents mostly do in Nigeria is to tell Nigerians that they are going to Cyprus and they will think they are going to the Southern part of the island which is an EU zone but on getting to Cyprus they are taken to the North. In fact the temporary residence permit wont take you to any country and since the country is not recognized most countries dont have embassies there which means to relocate you probably have to get a Tourist visa from here to Turkey which is not so difficult to apply to any country of your choice.

No b all abroad b abroad, and na small the north Cyprus take fine pass Nigeria sef, the roads are not so good and the houses are not so rushed.

According to the last NANS report there are approximately 30000 Nigerian students on this island and we have Zimbabweans, Congolese and other countries from other developing nations both in the middle east and Asia here.

My advice to all prospective students, if you are nurturing the idea of coming here to work while schooling please jettison those ideas. In fact dead it!

North Cyprus is not worth it ,one bit! I have spoken and its finally out of my conscience, who get ear make e hear!

And as for the grammar police wey go wan check my post for spelling errors and punctuations, this post is to share my experience there and warn prospective students against going to that expensive island.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by nototribalist: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
Or is it hearsays?
two of my friends that went there to school 2 years ago couldnt finish their degree, now I know why.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Mummymahdi(f): 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
Or is it hearsays?

He blacklisted only Northern Cyprus not the whole country sir

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
dats y They say Not all that glitters is gold
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
einsteine:
The major problem is that people confuse Cyprus (Nicosia) with North Cyprus.

The rule of thumb is that if a place is easy for Nigerians to go, then you probably shouldn't be going there

Not totally true. The UAE is relatively easy for Nigerians as long as you have your money.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Hades2016(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mintyguy:
With this your article,my fear just heightened for a friend who went there early this year
let’s pray for your friend cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by AbuAeesha: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
Or is it hearsays?
it's not an earsay, even NIDCOM has recently warned Nigerians about going to northern Cyprus, it's risky living there as a foreigner

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Slynation(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
Chai...... Victor ooO!!
I haven't heard from him since oO and Baba has refused to graduate and come back ever since

12 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Mummymahdi(f): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is an eye opener. May God bless u OP

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by sync(f): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Well said
Well written
I schooled in the Southern part of Cyprus and there’s no much difference except the fact that the South is under the EU. Since I came back, I’ve been a strong ambassador preaching against going to Cyprus generally but a lot of people would not listen, they want to go “abroad”. Experience is the best teacher. I only survived that island just by the grace of God.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by HeGeMon(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
After reading this article, my take will be that Firstly, as a Nigerian, respect yourself anytime you find yourself outside the shores of Nigeria. Until our people understand that their host communities took conscious/ deliberate efforts to make their countries as affordable, accomodating and receptive, the better.
Secondly its worthy to note that Nigerians are only one of the various nationalities residing in TRNC, for Educational and other pursuits, so much that you will find nationalities as such as far as Kyrgyzstan nationals amongst the over 20 nationalities studying there.
It is for a fact, all over the world that the great strides and trail blazing our Nationals are achieving world over, but we still have our disgusting negative sides, like we know how our people are used to nefarious activities and other I'll vices, especially when we find a quiet and accommodating host nation, if only a reporter could go to the streets of Turkish Cyprus and conduct a survey or better still the police stations and hear of the daily incidences of Nigerian Yahoo boys, Cult gangs, drug peddlers, Robbers all 98% Nigerian boys.
All that been said, it's such a heartbreaking thing to continue to hear of Nigerian citizens been killed of questionable circumstances, and I expect the government to take a well informed decision to this regard.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Benprass(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Why is it that anything that has do with the north in most countries in the world is evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lolz i thought the world is a global village and Nigeria a dump site.

I enjoy these beatings. U must learn.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by MosheDayan: 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
FreeSpirited:

Why not travel there, and live or school there to confirm. Since it's ya beautiful dream country.
wonderful response.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by guywitzerogal(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
Or is it hearsays?
go help us check pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Answers To Exam Questions From A SS1 Student. PHOTOS (must See) / Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.