Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! (65297 Views)

Nigeria Warns Nationals Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus See Brutal Details / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Universities In Northern Cyprus ‘illegal’ – Ambassador (University World News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
idogbo:
BRo shurup must u use taxi, dumush(bus) from lefkosa to magusa is 16tl, if you can't afford a taxi while not use a bus, do you know d distant between lefkosa to magusa. Naira is worthless doesn't mean the fair is high. So get your shit right...even people in US don't run AC's all day during summers. If u can't afford the electric bill with AC then get a Fan, no let oversabi kill you.. Stop blaming Cyprus but blame the worthless Naira, there was a time when naira has so much values than TL what will you say about that, 30tl is just like 30 naira, will you enter a taxi for 30 naira in Nigeria... Please let's be guided and speak with wisdom and stop dishing out gibberish based on sentiments. If Cyprus no sweet you stay Nigeria shuo... I have been living here for over 4years, the only complaint here is the house rent in pounds other than that everything is normal. You really need to start traveling so you can see the difference and then you appreciate Northern Cyprus.

Man He told you to educate the house on jobs for students, not this stuff you wrote above.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Onlinebar:
My cousin went there to study and has been there for more than a decade. Not sure what he's still doing there

Probably waiting for the school to return his original certificates back to him undecided

So many Nigerians are stuck in shithole european, arab, asian, north/south/central American countries wasting away their lives and destinies because they are too ashamed to come back home because they worry about what people will think or say.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Luvdmx(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
samsard:
Except for Turkey you can't go to Europe from there as it's not part of the EU or even recognized by most countries. If you can afford the fees there, then you're surely not poor in Nigeria. There are many people who are very much comfortable living in nice places in Nigeria.

You're wrong bro. You can actually travel to any Europe country from North Cyprus as long as you met the purpose and condition. They got German embassy that process Europe visa. Going to North Cyprus was one of the best decision I ever made. I know plenty of people like me that went through North Cyprus, some now in United State, Australia and Uk doing well. Everybody get different grace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by ugbanante: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
Wow, this is interesting!
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dwilliams: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
idogbo:
BRo shurup must u use taxi, dumush(bus) from lefkosa to magusa is 16tl, if you can't afford a taxi while not use a bus, do you know d distant between lefkosa to magusa. Naira is worthless doesn't mean the fair is high. So get your shit right...even people in US don't run AC's all day during summers. If u can't afford the electric bill with AC then get a Fan, no let oversabi kill you.. Stop blaming Cyprus but blame the worthless Naira, there was a time when naira has so much values than TL what will you say about that, 30tl is just like 30 naira, will you enter a taxi for 30 naira in Nigeria... Please let's be guided and speak with wisdom and stop dishing out gibberish based on sentiments. If Cyprus no sweet you stay Nigeria shuo... I have been living here for over 4years, the only complaint here is the house rent in pounds other than that everything is normal. You really need to start traveling so you can see the difference and then you appreciate Northern Cyprus.

Mugu, in your bid to lure more students to the island to fatten your purse, 30tl is now equivalent to 30 naira ,just imagine how stupid and desperate you sound.
Did you just say appreciate North Cyprus? I weep for your potential victims.

idogbo:
In response to some statements made by Hon. Abike Dabiri, I would like to give my condolence to the family of Hon. Justice Bello. I also wish to state without equivocation, that North Cyprus is one of the safest if not the safest country. We recognize the fact that international students face several challenges outside their country to which North Cyprus is not an exception. However, it is important to note that insecurity is not among these challenges in the Northern Cyprus society. Like every other country there have been cases of deaths amongst Nigerian students as well as other international students. Contrary to what the NIDCOM boss had said, these causes largely natural and has nothing to do with hate from locals, as a matter of fact, some of these cases are as a result of disputes amongst friends of the shared nationality. 95% of the names given by the NIDCOM boss have been deaths from natural cause, it is rather bogus and ridiculous to say that 100 Nigerian students have been murdered in North Cyprus, “those are numbers from a war situation”. The publication of these statements appears to buttress my concern on the inability of the media to carry out investigative journalism, thus focusing more on just selling stories. As the CEO of NIDCOM, it is expected that Hon. Abike Dabiri would have taken the pain to visit, and get required facts from the North Cyprus government before making the claims in her press statement. This is because, over the years Nigerians have studied and are currently studying in this country. Also, the universities in North Cyprus are internationally recognized as universities of Turkey, and graduates are accepted all over the world, NIDCOM should also gather necessary information about this. We are very much aware of the security challenges in Nigeria, and the number of students that have unfortunately lost their lives within our country and abroad however, we should bare in mind that there can be challenges anywhere in the world. I am therefore calling on parents and guardians of students in North Cyprus to remain calm, there are no killers or murderers in North Cyprus. As the leader of Nigerian students in diaspora, I would like to state that as much as Hon. Abike Dabiri is entitled to her opinion, she should in her capacity as NIDCOM CEO, visit Northern Cyprus to find out the truth about what resulted in the Death of the young man. She should also inquire about investigative measures taken by the country’s police force instead of, demonizing the island and its education, in a bid to cause panic amongst the parents who have children studying in Northern Cyprus. The NIDCOM boss should be aware of the sensitivity of this issue, and the aftermath of her claims will neither be, beneficial to the thousands of Nigerians studying in north Cyprus, nor the grieving family of the young man

Look at the lengthy post u penned just to prove the island is a paradise. It clearly buttresses the fact that we are our own problem as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by idogbo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
I am sure u didn't read to understand. Am not an agent, neither am I saying some points are not right but the electricity bill is 110% wrong, you pay for what u use, some people feel say na naija when dem de bypass electricity usage.

ezixt:

You sound pained. You took it personal. Is he ruining your business with the post? Are you an agent? You come off as one.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by spiritedtete: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
North cyprus is a mistake and a Trap... don't fall for it...

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Hedonisco: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Anything 'north' na wahala.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by idogbo(m): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
I never said 30tl is 30naira, I only said 30tl seems like 30naira to them... Na your naira no good.. If we were using Pounds will you speak I'll of the island... Blame your government and leave the island... Am not an agent, I graduated from there and no longer leaving there, so stop saying what u don't know, dem really talk am say na who no de house de say e go beat police like say e de there.

dwilliams:

Mugu, in your bid to lure more students to the island to fatten your purse, 30tl is now equivalent to 30 naira ,just imagine how stupid and desperate you sound

Look at the lengthy post u penned just to prove the island is a paradise. It clearly buttresses the fact that we are our own problem as a nation.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dwilliams: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
idogbo:
I never said 30tl is 30naira, I only said 30tl seems like 30naira to them... Na your naira no good.. If we were using Pounds will you speak I'll of the island... Blame your government and leave the island... Am not an agent, I graduated from there and no longer leaving there, so stop saying what u don't know, dem really talk am say na who no de house de say e go beat police like say e de there.

I am not on the island but I left this year so I am in a better position to talk about recent happenings and besides so many ppl have shared their experiences why are you eager to crucify me for stating the obvious

9 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Arabaincubus: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
FreeSpirited:

Why not travel there, and live or school there to confirm. Since it's ya beautiful dream country.

The real problem is their isolation and that has taken them to this desperation. No country has an embassy there and Turkey is their main God as they derive all their support from Turkey. He is quite right that tourism and service provide the majority of their GDP. If not for this conundrum, it is far better than Nigeria and their population is under 400k. Because of lack of international presence and cooperation, I won't advise anyone to go there to school. They are 95% Muslim but they are liberal. Also, they are mainly of Turkish ethnicity while the south is mainly Christian and of Greek origin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by humilitypays(m): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Countries You Must Never Go for Study or Stay As a Nigerian!

1.) Northern Cyprus

2.) Benin Republic

3.) Ghana

4.) Ukraine

5.) Turkey

6.) Lebanon

7.) South Africa

8.) Egypt

9.) Libya

10.) India

11.) Pakistan

12.) Syria

13.) Saudi Arabia

14.) UAE (Dubai)

15.) Serbia

16.) Finland

17.) Czech Republic

18.) Mexico

19.) Philippines

20.) Bulgaria

Don't ever go to these countries to study or to live permanently, they are not friendly to Nigerians and black people generally! And their education system is worst than Nigeria's own, why waste so much money acquiring useless certificate that won't help you grow in life

9 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by tobayonline: 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Instead of getting your children a phone,
smartwatch do it all

WhatsApp https:///message/LNNUWVJD2U5ZL1

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or is it hearsays?

THINK VERY WELL BEFORE YOU POST ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!!

STOP SAYING FOOLISH THINGS!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by jodpoundz(m): 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Inuendo:
Word on marble for today:
No b all abroad b abroad
true talk bros

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by TheManOfTheYear: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mummymahdi:

He blacklisted only Northern Cyprus not the whole country sir
Lol. Northern Cyprus is a 'country' sir. Although only recognized by Turkey

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by AdemolaA2: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or is it hearsays?

He is 100 % correct . I could even add some missing Info from this piece of article to further blacklist this country .

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Slynation(m): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
dasparrow:

cheesy cheesy

You better start praying for your friend Victor. Hopefully he will eventually leave that place.
Absolutely.....!! Hoping everything is fine with him tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by akaahs(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=optimusprime2 post=93209695]He left out the part where the admission agent's tell lies just to fleece students [/quote me
He mentioned it as part of his experience with them
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by ahiboilandgas: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
IamPlato:
North Korea, North Nigeria, North Cyprus or What Ever... Why North Just Evil Like This?
bush man north America ? Vs south America....where will u be . ..
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by rationalhuman(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
Finland, Czech Republic, India, Serbia these countries have bad education system compared to Nigeria??
This comment of yours itself shows quality of education in Nigeria.

Any reputed report, University ranking, Global University Commission report to support your claim? or You think everyone on Niaraland is illiterate enough to digest this crap?

Make up your mind, You know how many Patents their Universities files annually? you know how much research opportunities they give to student.

I can write pages full here but to make it short, Tell me any Nigerian University where you can asses a Supercomputer to Validate your Variable Model for graphical simulation? For india i can tell you, most of their universities have this ability they are connected to Centralized Supercomputers from University Grant commission and few Universities Electronics and Computational Department have their own dedicated Super Computers.

And you are talking here garbage, Ask me next and i will quote references,

I am waiting for that Report that states Nigerian education is even equal to those, share that.

humilitypays:

1.) Northern Cyprus

2.) Benin Republic

3.) Ghana

4.) Ukraine

5.) Turkey

6.) Lebanon

7.) South Africa

8.) Egypt

9.) Libya

10.) India

11.) Pakistan

12.) Syria

13.) Saudi Arabia

14.) UAE (Dubai)

15.) Serbia

16.) Finland

17.) Czech Republic

18.) Mexico

19.) Philippines

20.) Bulgaria

Don't ever go to these countries to study or to live permanently, they are not friendly to Nigerians and black people generally! And their education system is worst than Nigeria's own, why waste so much money acquiring useless certificate that won't help you grow in life

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by TheManOfTheYear: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
southpole:
Including North america (USA and Canada)?
is North America their names?
undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Coldie(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
humilitypays:

1.) Northern Cyprus

2.) Benin Republic

3.) Ghana

4.) Ukraine

5.) Turkey

6.) Lebanon

7.) South Africa

8.) Egypt

9.) Libya

10.) India

11.) Pakistan

12.) Syria

13.) Saudi Arabia

14.) UAE (Dubai)

15.) Serbia

16.) Finland

17.) Czech Republic

18.) Mexico

19.) Philippines

20.) Bulgaria

Ghana and South Africa in particular

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by tbaby534(f): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:

Please dont be unfortunate in life, which of the Cyprus do you stay in, that you will pay 120Tl for electricity consumption with AC or Heater during the summer months and please dont let Ogun descend on you, there is no taxi that will charge you less than 30TL even if your destination is just next door, I talked about Taxi , A Journey from Magusa to Lefkosa cost 250tl, a 30 minute drive and that's almost 20k in Naira,40k to and fro, a journey from Gonyeli where I stayed to Haspolat where my university was located costs 50tl(3000), I spent an average of 6k per day and 30k a week on transportation alone to campus.

Please educate this noble house what are the jobs for students there, it's obvious you are among those agents who lure unsuspecting students to the island.

A Zimbabwe friend told me that they used to have a high number of Zimbabwe student on the island in the past but since those who came to the island have been narrating their ordeals their population has gradually reduced, I wonder why Nigerians cant do the same!

I thought the number of nigerians there was reducing whilst the Congolese was increasing as at when I left in 2018
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by bigcasava1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
That's how my brother travel to Ukraine hungry wan killer am, thank he abandon the school and relocate to Germany. Abroad na scam they don't have anything. Our rulers should wake up. God has blessed us so much that we have no need to lack.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Annie001: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Anyone can just wake up and paste misleading information and it will grace front page.
Paste your own too
Everyone can't be lying

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by farouk2much(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
na jelousy they wory the person wey post this fake news. secondly nigeria is worst country with bad roads. so i consider this post/news as shit. and fake news
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Annie001: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
farouk2much:
na jelousy they wory the person wey post this fake news. secondly nigeria is worst country with bad roads. so i consider this post/news as shit. and fake news
Kindly tell us why you think it's fake news

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Daejoyoung: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
humilitypays:

1.) Northern Cyprus

2.) Benin Republic

3.) Ghana

4.) Ukraine

5.) Turkey

6.) Lebanon

7.) South Africa

8.) Egypt

9.) Libya

10.) India

11.) Pakistan

12.) Syria

13.) Saudi Arabia

14.) UAE (Dubai)

15.) Serbia

16.) Finland

17.) Czech Republic

18.) Mexico

19.) Philippines

20.) Bulgaria

I don't know where you got this list from, but for your information, Finland has one of the best systems of education in the world and it is a very safe country.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Yommy247(m): 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
Cc wip7
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by d33types: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
HeGeMon:
After reading this article, my take will be that Firstly, as a Nigerian, respect yourself anytime you find yourself outside the shores of Nigeria, until our people understand that their host communities took conscious/ deliberate efforts to make their country as affordable, accomodating and receptive, the better.
Secondly its worthy to note that Nigerians are only one of the various nationalities residing in TRNC, for Educational and other pursuits, so much that you will find nationalities as such as far as Kyrgyzstan nationals amongst the over 20 nationalities studying there.
It is for a fact, all over the world that the great strides and trail blazing our Nationals are achieving world over, but we still have our disgusting negative sides, like we know how our people are used to nefarious activities and other I'll vices, especially when we find a quiet and accommodating host nation, if only a reporter could go to the streets of Turkish Cyprus and conduct a survey or better still the police stations and hear of the daily incidences of Nigerian Yahoo boys, Cult gangs, drug peddlers, Robbers all 98% Nigerian boys.
All that been said, it's such a heartbreaking thing to continue to hear of Nigerian citizens been killed of questionable circumstances, and I expect the government to take a well informed decision to this regard.

You succeeded in writing rubbish, nonsense and missense.
How could you possible think up this stinking and misinformed write-up?

How does behaving properly relate to the evils that go in in op's write-up?

Lastly, why are you this daft?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by d33types: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Agugbadin:

I am convinced that you are one of the wicked agents deceiving unsuspecting Nigerians to the that hell of a place called Northern Cyprus.

You are right. These agents are bent on making money against all odds. See this one below too

benflow7:

I stand to say most of this write up are not founded as I currently live here; you just over exaggerated things just like the trending news making rounds. Taxi cost is less as twice as you mentioned sir and accommodation fee are charged per session and not per semester as claimed by the writer which is about 1800-1900$ per session and a session is for 10 months. Other claims also spoke about electric bill and the likes; depending on your consumption you pay an average of 70-120 Turkish lira for electric bill. Travel within two state used to cost 10 tl before the pandemic and within a state bus fare is about 4tl and taxi is 20tl. Yes Cyprus is an educational friendly island and I concur and it’s not the government that lured you with a lucrative job waiting for you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Answers To Exam Questions From A SS1 Student. PHOTOS (must See) / Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.