Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! (65313 Views)

Nigeria Warns Nationals Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus See Brutal Details / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Universities In Northern Cyprus ‘illegal’ – Ambassador (University World News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
The won't listen. Nigerians are obsessed with anything "abroad" and they do not realise that their own country is 1 million times better than these so called abroad institutions.

Then let them go and learn the hard way that is if they even manage to come back alive. Some Nigerians are too stubborn for their own good and mess up their own lives and destinies by the poor decisions they make.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Achz(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or is it hearsays?
IBERIBEISM DETECTED

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by KenModi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or is it hearsays?

I lived there for four years before I managed to get out. Every single word the OP said is true! I even managed to learn the language and speak it fluently which helped me to a certain extent to survive there till I escaped.

The OP didn’t even mention that the island is divided into North and South and you cannot even go to the south even with a Schengen visa. You would be told to take a flight from an EU country before you can enter the southern part of the island which is the part recognized by the European Union.

Oga, if you have ears, you better listen to what the OP said else you go land for hot water wey you no go fit comot if you go that useless island. Don’t say you were not told.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Babychido(f): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:
I have always wanted to warn Nigerian students seeking prospects in Europe or abroad generally to remove the option of TRNC from their list but l lacked the motivation, that time to sit down and pen a lengthy post discouraged me, but in lieu of the recent headlines on the news, I will say my bit and warn anyone who probably has been nursing that idea to desist from going there!

I felt the agents who processed my admission for me were not fair to me as they ought to have warned me enough but anyway, it's a dog eat dog world. They were only interested in loning their pockets.

Though, the news going round on social media that hundreds of Nigerian students have been killed there is grossly over exaggerated, there have been some killings but Northern Cyprus still remains safer than most part of Nigeria to be candid!

The TRNC is a country which is not recognized by any country in the world aside from Turkey, they have no natural resources or industries to generate revenue from, so they built some universities all over the country and they branded the Island as A STUDENT FRIENDLY ISLAND, may God punish them for that deceit!

The only source of revenue for the Northern Cyprus government is Education, their own citizens dont attend their universities, they mostly school in the UK,Turkey or the southern part of the island which is under the EU zone, to further enhance the scheme of luring unsuspecting students to the island, the TRNC is one of the easiest countries you can travel to as a prospective student, I bet it is not one of the easiest but the easiest!

A prospective student can apply and get admission in 3 days and you dont need a Visa to go there ,you only need your admission letter and your original school documents to go there, a process called OK to BOARD so most Nigerians who have been denied admission or have been denied Visa in other countries have no choice than to jump at that offer, A prospective student who applied Today can be in TRNC in less than 2 weeks to show how fast it is!

All this is to encourage students to come to the island and help their economy, the TRNC is a very expensive country to survive in,it costs about 300 pounds on the average to get a decent 2 bedroom flat and the hostel fees on the average cost about 3000 euros per semester aside from school fees, let me break it down further, 3k euros in Naira is equivalent to 1.5m per semester and we have 2 major semester in an academic year which means an average of 3m on accommodation alone, The tuition fees here starts from 2500 Euros per semester on the average! Which is roughly 2.7m in Naira.

Now that's not the worse part, the worse part is the day to day living on the island, it costs about 40 turkish lira to take a taxi to any location and that's about 2,400 naira and 4800 in total,for a to and fro journey though there are school buses which the government claims to be free but they are not entirely free as the cost of transportation has been deducted from your school fees.

The TRNC government lures student to the island to boost sectors such as housing as accommodation is very expensive, even the locals here dont pay what foreigners pay for housing they pay lesser, students come in to boost the tourism sector, the hospitals and pharmacies benefits from it, the transportation sector benefits from it and ofcourse it creates that multiplier effect that propels their economy.

Any household item or commodity whatsoever that you desire to purchase here is over 7 times the rate in naira, let me give examples, it costs over 2500 naira to buy a pain killer like panadol which cost around 200 naira, it costs about 15k to buy a charger for your phone, electricity bills can be as high as 60000 naira in a month during the summer and winter months when the air condition and heater has to be used, yes I said 60000 naira, Gas and water bill is something else entirely, the price of everything there is Jaw dropping as the prices are inflated to leach every penny from foreigners, they believe that every student especially Nigerians are rich!

When you register as a new student here,their universities will seize your original certificates to trap you so you wont leave and if you decide to leave the school you will be asked to pay termination fees in addition to whatever debt you probably owe the school!

Is it not crazy that a friend had to drop out on financial reasons and he was asked to pay over 2800 euros with the fees he owed the school before he will get his original certificates which he submitted while registering as a fresher!

Some of the institutions here fail students deliberately so that they can keep paying this school fees and trap them in the system to keep boosting their economy.

To crown it all, their are no jobs there coupled with the harsh and expensive living conditions many students have no options than to engage in petty vices.

95 percent of the universities there, the degrees are not Recognized by several international bodies, what the agents mostly do in Nigeria is to tell Nigerians that they are going to Cyprus and they will think they are going to the Southern part of the island which is an EU zone but on getting to Cyprus they are taken to the North. In fact the temporary residence permit wont take you to any country and since the country is not recognized most countries dont have embassies there which means to relocate you probably have to get a Tourist visa from here to Turkey which is not so difficult to apply to any country of your choice.

No b all abroad b abroad, and na small the north Cyprus take fine pass Nigeria sef, the roads are not so good and the houses are not so rushed.

According to the last NANS report there are approximately 30000 Nigerian students on this island and we have Zimbabweans, Congolese and other countries from other developing nations both in the middle east and Asia here.

My advice to all prospective students, if you are nurturing the idea of coming here to work while schooling please jettison those ideas. In fact dead it!

North Cyprus is not worth it ,one bit! I have spoken and its finally out of my conscience, who get ear make e hear!

And as for the grammar police wey go wan check my post for spelling errors and punctuations, this post is to share my experience there and warn prospective students against going to that expensive island.

This is really disheartening, this is why it's good to carry out proper research before traveling out..

Just as the poster said, not all abroad be abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Excuses: 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
planetx:
This is a result of thinking everything white or European is better and superior.

Bro black man has enslaved himself..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by yemmywesey(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by rhames(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:
I have always wanted to warn Nigerian students seeking prospects in Europe or abroad generally to remove the option of TRNC from their list but l lacked the motivation, that time to sit down and pen a lengthy post discouraged me, but in lieu of the recent headlines on the news, I will say my bit and warn anyone who probably has been nursing that idea to desist from going there!

I felt the agents who processed my admission for me were not fair to me as they ought to have warned me enough but anyway, it's a dog eat dog world. They were only interested in loning their pockets.

Though, the news going round on social media that hundreds of Nigerian students have been killed there is grossly over exaggerated, there have been some killings but Northern Cyprus still remains safer than most part of Nigeria to be candid!

The TRNC is a country which is not recognized by any country in the world aside from Turkey, they have no natural resources or industries to generate revenue from, so they built some universities all over the country and they branded the Island as A STUDENT FRIENDLY ISLAND, may God punish them for that deceit!

The only source of revenue for the Northern Cyprus government is Education, their own citizens dont attend their universities, they mostly school in the UK,Turkey or the southern part of the island which is under the EU zone, to further enhance the scheme of luring unsuspecting students to the island, the TRNC is one of the easiest countries you can travel to as a prospective student, I bet it is not one of the easiest but the easiest!

A prospective student can apply and get admission in 3 days and you dont need a Visa to go there ,you only need your admission letter and your original school documents to go there, a process called OK to BOARD so most Nigerians who have been denied admission or have been denied Visa in other countries have no choice than to jump at that offer, A prospective student who applied Today can be in TRNC in less than 2 weeks to show how fast it is!

All this is to encourage students to come to the island and help their economy, the TRNC is a very expensive country to survive in,it costs about 300 pounds on the average to get a decent 2 bedroom flat and the hostel fees on the average cost about 3000 euros per semester aside from school fees, let me break it down further, 3k euros in Naira is equivalent to 1.5m per semester and we have 2 major semester in an academic year which means an average of 3m on accommodation alone, The tuition fees here starts from 2500 Euros per semester on the average! Which is roughly 2.7m in Naira.

Now that's not the worse part, the worse part is the day to day living on the island, it costs about 40 turkish lira to take a taxi to any location and that's about 2,400 naira and 4800 in total,for a to and fro journey though there are school buses which the government claims to be free but they are not entirely free as the cost of transportation has been deducted from your school fees.

The TRNC government lures student to the island to boost sectors such as housing as accommodation is very expensive, even the locals here dont pay what foreigners pay for housing they pay lesser, students come in to boost the tourism sector, the hospitals and pharmacies benefits from it, the transportation sector benefits from it and ofcourse it creates that multiplier effect that propels their economy.

Any household item or commodity whatsoever that you desire to purchase here is over 7 times the rate in naira, let me give examples, it costs over 2500 naira to buy a pain killer like panadol which cost around 200 naira, it costs about 15k to buy a charger for your phone, electricity bills can be as high as 60000 naira in a month during the summer and winter months when the air condition and heater has to be used, yes I said 60000 naira, Gas and water bill is something else entirely, the price of everything there is Jaw dropping as the prices are inflated to leach every penny from foreigners, they believe that every student especially Nigerians are rich!

When you register as a new student here,their universities will seize your original certificates to trap you so you wont leave and if you decide to leave the school you will be asked to pay termination fees in addition to whatever debt you probably owe the school!

Is it not crazy that a friend had to drop out on financial reasons and he was asked to pay over 2800 euros with the fees he owed the school before he will get his original certificates which he submitted while registering as a fresher!

Some of the institutions here fail students deliberately so that they can keep paying this school fees and trap them in the system to keep boosting their economy.

To crown it all, their are no jobs there coupled with the harsh and expensive living conditions many students have no options than to engage in petty vices.

95 percent of the universities there, the degrees are not Recognized by several international bodies, what the agents mostly do in Nigeria is to tell Nigerians that they are going to Cyprus and they will think they are going to the Southern part of the island which is an EU zone but on getting to Cyprus they are taken to the North. In fact the temporary residence permit wont take you to any country and since the country is not recognized most countries dont have embassies there which means to relocate you probably have to get a Tourist visa from here to Turkey which is not so difficult to apply to any country of your choice.

No b all abroad b abroad, and na small the north Cyprus take fine pass Nigeria sef, the roads are not so good and the houses are not so rushed.

According to the last NANS report there are approximately 30000 Nigerian students on this island and we have Zimbabweans, Congolese and other countries from other developing nations both in the middle east and Asia here.

My advice to all prospective students, if you are nurturing the idea of coming here to work while schooling please jettison those ideas. In fact dead it!

North Cyprus is not worth it ,one bit! I have spoken and its finally out of my conscience, who get ear make e hear!

And as for the grammar police wey go wan check my post for spelling errors and punctuations, this post is to share my experience there and warn prospective students against going to that expensive island.

Like their Turkish patrons, they are always waiting to fleece anyone of their hard earned living.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Lovelyn451(f): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
No b oly Cyprus na Antioch...wetin wan carry me go there sef, when I'm not going on a missionary journey

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Hopefully Nigerians will listen and take heed. For those who don't, they have themselves to blame.

Rather than go and study in a country like North or South Cyprus, it is better to study in an African university instead. Nigerian universities may be crappy but universities in other African countries are not bad at all.

Nigerians just think that everything white must be superior and anything Black must be inferior. We really need a change of mindset in Nigeria. Honestly. Inferiority complex is not cute. And then they wonder why they are getting killed over there like chickens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Funkybabee(f): 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
such huge amount all together for North Cyprus, then where is Canada. God purnish devil

I just pity one of a friend there oo, wonder how I can get his number to check his safety. and it's 4years things oo, I swear North Cyprus is a long time scam thou na North people full there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by okonyia(m): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks bro for sharing this information.
I wish Nigerians can stay home and school here. But the major problem is strick and poor founding

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
planetx:
This is a result of thinking everything white or European is better and superior.

Gbam! May you live long! My sentiments exactly.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by webizone(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
IamPlato:
North Korea, North Nigeria, North Cyprus or What Ever... Why North Just Evil Like This?
I tire o.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
PS712:

Na our bad leadership carry our people enter this one chance!
Weldon for opening people's eyes.

It is not just bad leadership. Most Nigerians just tend to worship anything that's white. There are many decent universities in Africa. Anyone who cannot afford to study in the western world should strongly consider studying in an African country outside Nigeria. Going to all this shithole racist eastern european countries to go and study is not the way forward.

Back in the day, when my parents' generation traveled abroad for studies, they focused on going to western nations for their higher education. This generation of young Nigerians are willing to go to any shithole country to study as long as it is outside Africa and the people there are not Black. Inferiority complex is a big problem in the Nigerian society.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Slynation:
Chai...... Victor ooO!!
I haven't heard from him since oO and Baba has refused to graduate and come back ever since

cheesy cheesy

You better start praying for your friend Victor. Hopefully he will eventually leave that place.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by kponkedenge(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Choke1900:
Guys please the OP poured out is absolutely true and even worse. I was there for two years for a post graduate program after being lied to by the agent that I could work and school at the same time.

My two cents, if you must study in Cyprus choose the south side and get admission letter showing clearly its south Cyprus then get ready to learn some good ol greek ��

How was your stay there?
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
The won't listen. Nigerians are obsessed with anything "abroad" and they do not realise that their own country is 1 million times better than these so called abroad institutions.
So what are you doing outside the country you Frump?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
sync:
Well said
Well written
I schooled in the Southern part of Cyprus and there’s no much difference except the fact that the South is under the EU. Since I came back, I’ve been a strong ambassador preaching against going to Cyprus generally but a lot of people would not listen, they want to go “abroad”. Experience is the best teacher. I only survived that island just by the grace of God.

Glad you are back.
When one tries to advice Nigerians, they won't listen. They think every part of the world is safe and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Many Nigerians also don't understand that there is a lot of discrimination towards Africans worldwide. All they are thinking about is how to leave Nigeria and in their desperation they go from frying pan to fire. Some end up coming back in a coffin. It's very unfortunate.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Smdvee: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by ezixt: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
idogbo:
Bros abeg stop to the lie cheap lie all in d name of writing an article, there is no way electricity will be that high... U open factory , u pay for what u use that is why it is pay as you go... Stop giving false information please.... Yes we know d cost of living is high in Northern Cyprus but then u can't compare to places in Europe if you ever had an opportunity of visiting any. No go de do pass yourself bro if abroad no favor you go house. No b do or die...

You sound pained. You took it personal. Is he ruining your business with the post? Are you an agent? You come off as one.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
Iko5000:
Well as long as its not Northern cyprus , this is the issue with Nigerians not checking the history of a country before travelling there becuase they think as long as it's abroad it's better than Nigeria.

And that kind of mindset is what will keep getting some Nigerians killed in "the abroad."

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Lal Las na Papua NewGuinea I go enter

shocked

grin Better stay in Nigeria or relocate legitimately to another nearby African country.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by stormborn28(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mintyguy:
With this your article,my fear just heightened for a friend who went there early this year
Nigerians are very impatient when they want to do certain things.. I don't pity those that have gone there..
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by greypencils: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
No be this kain school Omotola pikin go? Wonderment. My pipu to hustle enter Federal Uni for Naija better pass all this yeye Universities. A good degree from a federal Uni can get you into Harvard and Ox-Bridge not all this sillly Universities springing up and down.

10 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by planetx: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
Nigerians traveling to that island are only going there to chill and do there thing without disturbance or harassment from Nigeria police or efcc, no be school them dey go for, just like when I traveled to Russia 2007, Russia is a very bad country for foreigners then I don't know of now shall, alot of Nigerians where selling drugs, doing 419, oil scam, me I no fit go jail, I jejely buy car for taxi, old Russia Lada b4 you knew it I became a taxi driver in the city of Moscow, everyday I was saving $100, I make alot money, come back to Nigeria and invest, what will you say about Vietnam or Cambodia, yet Nigerians are making hell of money in those countries. My guy if there is anything to do that will give you money join them do am make you no they form lazy and they complain abeg. I no say make you commit crime oo
Peace.
Nigerians are not making a hell of money in Vietnam or Cambodia stop lying and deceiving gullible young Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
I'm not in Cyprus, Kazakstan or some shitty country and I'm definitely going to move back to naija
NNU0000:
So what are you doing outside the country you Frump?

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by planetx: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
dasparrow:

Glad you are back.
When one tries to advice Nigerians, they won't listen. They think every part of the world is safe and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Many Nigerians also don't understand that there is a lot of discrimination towards Africans worldwide. All they are thinking about is how to leave Nigeria and in their desperation they go from frying pan to fire. Some end up coming back in a coffin. It's very unfortunate.
They think the way they worship foreigners in Nigeria is the same way other people treat foreigners.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dasparrow: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
ggood:
I now understand why my cousin come back without certificate after spending over 4 years in Cyprus.

we warn him but he refuse to listen , he abandon his course , he was in year 2 here in Nigeria

Most Nigerians are stubborn. They only learn their lessons after a bad experience. When one tries to warn Nigerians about certain countries of the world so that they could avoid heartache, sorrow and stories that touch, Nigerians won't listen. They need to go and experience hardship first before their brains reset.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
I'm not in Cyprus, Kazakstan or some shitty country and I'm definitely going to move back to naija
Yeah I know you're in the land where you are regarded as minority.

Moving back to 9ja? No comment on that.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by idogbo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
BRo shurup must u use taxi, dumush(bus) from lefkosa to magusa is 16tl, if you can't afford a taxi while not use a bus, do you know d distant between lefkosa to magusa. Naira is worthless doesn't mean the fair is high. So get your shit right...even people in US don't run AC's all day during summers. If u can't afford the electric bill with AC then get a Fan, no let oversabi kill you.. Stop blaming Cyprus but blame the worthless Naira, there was a time when naira has so much values than TL what will you say about that, 30tl is just like 30 naira, will you enter a taxi for 30 naira in Nigeria... Please let's be guided and speak with wisdom and stop dishing out gibberish based on sentiments. If Cyprus no sweet you stay Nigeria shuo... I have been living here for over 4years, the only complaint here is the house rent in pounds other than that everything is normal. You really need to start traveling so you can see the difference and then you appreciate Northern Cyprus.

dwilliams:

Please dont be unfortunate in life, which of the Cyprus do you stay in, that you will pay 120Tl for electricity consumption with AC or Heater during the summer months and please dont let Ogun descend on you, there is no taxi that will charge you less than 30TL even if your destination is just next door, I talked about Taxi , A Journey from Magusa to Lefkosa cost 250tl, a 30 minute drive and that's almost 20k in Naira,40k to and fro, a journey from Gonyeli where I stayed to Haspolat where my university was located costs 50tl(3000), I spent an average of 6k per day and 30k a week on transportation alone to campus.

Please educate this noble house what are the jobs for students there, it's obvious you are among those agents who lure unsuspecting students to the island.

A Zimbabwe friend told me that they used to have a high number of Zimbabwe student on the island in the past but since those who came to the island have been narrating their ordeals their population has gradually reduced, I wonder why Nigerians cant do the same!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by idogbo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
In response to some statements made by Hon. Abike Dabiri, I would like to give my condolence to the family of Hon. Justice Bello. I also wish to state without equivocation, that North Cyprus is one of the safest if not the safest country. We recognize the fact that international students face several challenges outside their country to which North Cyprus is not an exception. However, it is important to note that insecurity is not among these challenges in the Northern Cyprus society. Like every other country there have been cases of deaths amongst Nigerian students as well as other international students. Contrary to what the NIDCOM boss had said, these causes largely natural and has nothing to do with hate from locals, as a matter of fact, some of these cases are as a result of disputes amongst friends of the shared nationality. 95% of the names given by the NIDCOM boss have been deaths from natural cause, it is rather bogus and ridiculous to say that 100 Nigerian students have been murdered in North Cyprus, “those are numbers from a war situation”. The publication of these statements appears to buttress my concern on the inability of the media to carry out investigative journalism, thus focusing more on just selling stories. As the CEO of NIDCOM, it is expected that Hon. Abike Dabiri would have taken the pain to visit, and get required facts from the North Cyprus government before making the claims in her press statement. This is because, over the years Nigerians have studied and are currently studying in this country. Also, the universities in North Cyprus are internationally recognized as universities of Turkey, and graduates are accepted all over the world, NIDCOM should also gather necessary information about this. We are very much aware of the security challenges in Nigeria, and the number of students that have unfortunately lost their lives within our country and abroad however, we should bare in mind that there can be challenges anywhere in the world. I am therefore calling on parents and guardians of students in North Cyprus to remain calm, there are no killers or murderers in North Cyprus. As the leader of Nigerian students in diaspora, I would like to state that as much as Hon. Abike Dabiri is entitled to her opinion, she should in her capacity as NIDCOM CEO, visit Northern Cyprus to find out the truth about what resulted in the Death of the young man. She should also inquire about investigative measures taken by the country’s police force instead of, demonizing the island and its education, in a bid to cause panic amongst the parents who have children studying in Northern Cyprus. The NIDCOM boss should be aware of the sensitivity of this issue, and the aftermath of her claims will neither be, beneficial to the thousands of Nigerians studying in north Cyprus, nor the grieving family of the young man

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by idogbo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
She should also inquire about investigative measures taken by the country’s police force instead of, demonizing the island and its education, in a bid to cause panic amongst the parents who have children studying in Northern Cyprus. The NIDCOM boss should be aware of the sensitivity of this issue, and the aftermath of her claims will neither be, beneficial to the thousands of Nigerians studying in north Cyprus, nor the grieving family of the young man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Answers To Exam Questions From A SS1 Student. PHOTOS (must See) / Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.