Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! (65316 Views)

Nigeria Warns Nationals Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus See Brutal Details / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Universities In Northern Cyprus ‘illegal’ – Ambassador (University World News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Yaks02(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
I got admission earlier this year to study there. I was supposed to leave 16 March, I thank God lock down started and I didn't go. I've later hearing sad stories about the place ever since so I decided not to go again and my agent has been disturbing that flights are resuming September. My agency and application money went in vain, about 160k and I am sponsoring myself. Agents will never tell u d truth, always make research on ur own

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by zhad(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Well said. If u like listen. We in the shit already
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dwilliams: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Yaks02:
I got admission earlier this year to study there. I was supposed to leave 16 March, I thank God lock down started and I didn't go. I've later hearing sad stories about the place ever since so I decided not to go again and my agent has been disturbing that flights are resuming September. My agency and application money went in vain, about 160k and I am sponsoring myself. Agents will never tell u d truth, always make research on ur own

Bro no try am, the system here is designed to take from you and not to give to you, just take heart and let go of the money you have spent because you will definitely spend more and there are no jobs here

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or are your facts based on hearsays?
I was there for one year, everything he said is true.. I left everything for them the certificate and school ran back to Nigeria, where we live we pay 450 pounds every month for house rent, i remember we once owe 120k naira on light bill, water we pay 15k monthly

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
E no good and you still there schooling... Who are u fooling

But on a serious note Why anything about North is evil

Northern Nigeria
Northern Korea
Northern Africa
Now Northern Cyprus

The thing tire me , thank God u say e better than NIGERIA
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by wildrose1721: 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
benflow7:
I stand to say most of this write up are not founded as I currently live here; you just over exaggerated things just like the trending news making rounds. Taxi cost is less as twice as you mentioned sir and accommodation fee are charged per session and not per semester as claimed by the writer which is about 1800-1900$ per session and a session is for 10 months. Other claims also spoke about electric bill and the likes; depending on your consumption you pay an average of 70-120 Turkish lira for electric bill. Travel within two state used to cost 10 tl before the pandemic and within a state bus fare is about 4tl and taxi is 20tl. Yes Cyprus is an educational friendly island and I concur and it’s not the government that lured you with a lucrative job waiting for you. Stop been a peddler of fake news all in the name of earring your view. The same island you complain about it’s still the same some few are making it without adding Sheddy deals. The island is safe though not under EU yet cos of the break away they had with the south but it might interest you to know that Uk has an embassy here and they boast of having tourist come in from different part of Europe on yearly basis.
Their citizens also attend their universities as I have some as friends, even foreigners aside from third world nations have few nationals here cos their tuition is cheaper as compared most part in Europe. Accommodation is cheap if compared with European nations. Please get your facts and acts right and don’t be a rumor monger
You are so right. If anyone is to enjoy Cyprus, either as a student or a migrant, he/she needs to have money! The cost of living compared to Naija is way high, it being a tourist country. You pay for everything you use.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to get a job in Cyprus. Leave whatever any agent will tell you. You MAY get some hotel or restaurant jobs, but they are likely to consider Pakistanis first (they learn the language quite faster, and maybe they accept 'shit' compared to Nigerians.

I had to do all sort to add up to the little I received from home- offloading goods from container, gardening, etc. ( I couldn't get dish washing job in any hotel, even after filling forms with passport photographs. Lol).

That being said, the locals are friendly, and the place is very safe. No harassment from the police. Even when I had not done my student muhaceret (permit), I could walk even at 2 a.m. in front of the police with no fear.
I am surprised hearing Nigerians are being killed, way way exaggerated. I want to believe the deaths recorded apart from natural causes are cases of deal gone bad: Drug, cult or 'picker' whatever. As at then, grapevine had it that TRNC was the next hotspot for G boiz after Malaysia. Hushpuppi was once received there with fanfare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzPsah75uk&t=37s

As per my opinion, I am not really convinced of the education standard. It is not more than what you will get in an average private Uni in Nigeria, though they are more organized, and the lecturers are more open. As for acceptability of their certificates in EU or wherever, I had a course mate who after completion of his Bachelors got a scholarship for Masters in Germany, so I don't think that is an issue.

Some of OP's points are way exaggerated. As at 2017, students needs to have Turkish transit Visa to go to Cyprus, so I don't understand the Right to Board stuff OP talked about; maybe it is a new development, I wouldn't know.

Note: The above is my opinion. Different people may think otherwise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by maxiuc(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nonsense country

I ran back

Lefkosa kofali apartment my lodge that year

Yeye poor country

Everything this op wrote was the truth

The only cheap there is food

Accomodation expensive
Water and light too much money
Yeye salty water
Their taxi is a rip off

Go to Cyprus that's if you have plans of getting to turkey

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks OP for this eye opener abeg No be all Abroad be Abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by benflow7(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Greenbirth:
you are a scam agent not living there sir.
Sir you can say whatever; your quote just proofs how we Nigerians don’t do proper investigation before we conclude on issues. What will make you conclude am not currently living here? Am speaking not as an agent but as an individual: thank you

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by lilyheaven: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Yaks02:
If you have millions of Naira to pay school fees a term, why not visit covenant university

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
if it was a poor man child that got murdered will the government announce good death it is a very rich and influencer personality that for killed now that is why articles are going through the roof top.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by benflow7(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Investnow2017:

If you are currently school there, their educational standard must be abhorrably poor. Take care
I can equally deduce from your quote that you are a professor in your field reason why you can’t even do proper corrections where needed. Sir remove the wood in your eyes before you remove the speck in my eyes. Thank you
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by mofedamijo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
ofonimi:
This is the kind of information ministries of foreign affairs and information suppose to give to intended students that would want to travel to Cyprus or any unsafe country for further education. Thanks bro for sharing.

Back then, Abike Dabiri was all over the news shouting and screaming that no Nigerian should go there..... I haven't been to Nigeria in a long time, but I heard about the information even on Nairaland here. It was on the News, Newspapers and several blogs.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by benflow7(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
dwilliams:

Please dont be unfortunate in life, which of the Cyprus do you stay in, that you will pay 120Tl for electricity consumption with AC or Heater during the summer months and please dont let Ogun descend on you, there is no taxi that will charge you less than 30TL even if your destination is just next door, I talked about Taxi , A Journey from Magusa to Lefkosa cost 250tl, a 30 minute drive and that's almost 20k in Naira,40k to and fro, a journey from Gonyeli where I stayed to Haspolat where my university was located costs 50tl(3000), I spent an average of 6k per day and 30k a week on transportation alone to campus.

Please educate this noble house what are the jobs for students there, it's obvious you are among those agents who lure unsuspecting students to the island.

A Zimbabwe friend told me that they used to have a high number of Zimbabwe student on the island in the past but since those who came to the island have been narrating their ordeals their population has gradually reduced, I wonder why Nigerians cant do the same!
First of all I can see you are one of those that came in here to live a very high standard life; why will you in all sanity take taxi from magusa to Ciu or Lefkosa as the case is when in the first place there is a free school bus or an interstate bus that can take you for as low as 10tl; it’s like you carrying Uber from one end of Lagos to another end in Ogun state. That been said; oga you spend over 60k in naira on electricity; are you running a factory? The moment I landed I bought a gas heater to help during winter, I hardly use my AC and I use my washing machine only at night; It’s like using a pre paid meter and yet you always use all your appliances at a go and expect not to buy electricity card like twice within a month. In my earlier post I never spoke about you getting a job; what I said was the government never promised anyone with a job; all they will tell you is that it’s educational friendly.
Bro I live in Famagusta and I school in CIU so I can tell much about how much I spend on transportation, please cut the chase and tell us more about your lifestyle rather than spewing trash about how extravagant you live and you can’t maintain some sense of decency in your spending

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by wildrose1721: 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
benflow7:

First of all I can see you are one of those that came in here to live a very high standard life; why will you in all sanity take taxi from magusa to Ciu or Lefkosa as the case is when in the first place there is a free school bus or an interstate bus that can take you for as low as 10tl; it’s like you carrying Uber from one end of Lagos to another end in Ogun state. That been said; oga you spend over 60k in naira on electricity; are you running a factory? The moment I landed I bought a gas heater to help during winter, I hardly use my AC and I use my washing machine only at night; It’s like using a pre paid meter and yet you always use all your appliances at a go and expect not to buy electricity card like twice within a month. In my earlier post I never spoke about you getting a job; what I said was the government never promised anyone with a job; all they will tell you is that it’s educational friendly.
Bro I live in Famagusta and I school in CIU so I can tell much about how much I spend on transportation, please cut the chase and tell us more about your lifestyle rather than spewing trash about how extravagant you live and you can’t maintain some sense of decency in your spending
I can understand the OP's pain. It takes heart if one doesn't have money in Cyprus. The cold is unbearable during winter, as well as the heat during summer. Mehn!
I blame so called agents who don't give proper orientation as well as students who go without proper investigation.

Also, from Gonyeli çemberi axis towards Sanayi/Honda Levent/Haspolat, not sure there is dolmuş. But maybe OP could have used school bus or found a house closer to school.

Anywhichway, if you no get money, no reason abroad for education with the hope of getting a job. It has driven many of our guys into shady dealings and our girls into runs. Na just sey we Naija go believe sey anyhow yagayaga we go rugged am.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Grandest(m): 12:07am On Aug 26, 2020
dasparrow:

Glad you are back.
When one tries to advice Nigerians, they won't listen. They think every part of the world is safe and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Many Nigerians also don't understand that there is a lot of discrimination towards Africans worldwide. All they are thinking about is how to leave Nigeria and in their desperation they go from frying pan to fire. Some end up coming back in a coffin. It's very unfortunate.
The educational system here is horrible believe me. Nigeria is a big joke. I won't blame anybody for trying to leave. I'll just advise them to go to a well established and well known country. I repeat Nigeria is a hellish place to live in.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Facemask(m): 12:10am On Aug 26, 2020
All what the OP said is true... I graduated from EMU 2008. Lived in gazimagusa. Stayed in senemis hostel. The rate of racism in the island is enormous.

The only jobs available is construction. I will never even recommend my enemy to go there

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by One4me: 12:10am On Aug 26, 2020
able88:
You just blacklisted a beautiful country. How long have you lived there to know all these?
Or are your facts based on hearsays?

Why dont you "Whitelist" the Country with your own facts?
Or was his post about how beautiful the landscpe is or about the sufferings of Nigerians that go there to study?
Mtchew
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by One4me: 12:25am On Aug 26, 2020
Yaks02:

I am not going to castigate people like you for wanting a better education for yourself, it is the thieves in Government of Nigeria that is pushing people into this sort fo desperation.

But PLEASE, if l may suggest, anyone who can put a million or two Million Naira together (School fees and Flight for the firts year) should PEASE think of something else to do with such money, INSTEAD of using it to go to all these hell-hole countries, especially with your Black Skin!

Start a small business (Farming, Buying and Selling, Tailoring (My wife's Tailor is aged 29yrs, yet to marry but she has a building and a plot of land to her name, in this Tailoring business! shocked ), Welding, Consturction areas like Wall/Pillar decoration, etc).

Just start small, small, do a good job, be honest and trustworthy and little, by little, you will grow and accumulate wealth.
When you are wealthy enough, you ca nnow chose to get a foreign education.
How struggling and poor people strive to get an expensive foreign education that even the rich struggle with, is just beyond me.

"Abroad" is not as cool as those there make people think!
Some are too ashamed to tell you the truth about their experience while some feel even if they tell you the truth, you will not listen but rather start hating on them, so they just smile at you when they hear you want to go to places like Lebanon, Northern Cyprus, Libya, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2020
dwilliams:
I have always wanted to warn Nigerian students seeking prospects in Europe or abroad generally to remove the option of TRNC from their list but l lacked the motivation, that time to sit down and pen a lengthy post discouraged me, but in lieu of the recent headlines on the news, I will say my bit and warn anyone who probably has been nursing that idea to desist from going there!

I felt the agents who processed my admission for me were not fair to me as they ought to have warned me enough but anyway, it's a dog eat dog world. They were only interested in loning their pockets.

Though, the news going round on social media that hundreds of Nigerian students have been killed there is grossly over exaggerated, there have been some killings but Northern Cyprus still remains safer than most part of Nigeria to be candid!

The TRNC is a country which is not recognized by any country in the world aside from Turkey, they have no natural resources or industries to generate revenue from, so they built some universities all over the country and they branded the Island as A STUDENT FRIENDLY ISLAND, may God punish them for that deceit!

The only source of revenue for the Northern Cyprus government is Education, their own citizens dont attend their universities, they mostly school in the UK,Turkey or the southern part of the island which is under the EU zone, to further enhance the scheme of luring unsuspecting students to the island, the TRNC is one of the easiest countries you can travel to as a prospective student, I bet it is not one of the easiest but the easiest!

A prospective student can apply and get admission in 3 days and you dont need a Visa to go there ,you only need your admission letter and your original school documents to go there, a process called OK to BOARD so most Nigerians who have been denied admission or have been denied Visa in other countries have no choice than to jump at that offer, A prospective student who applied Today can be in TRNC in less than 2 weeks to show how fast it is!

All this is to encourage students to come to the island and help their economy, the TRNC is a very expensive country to survive in,it costs about 300 pounds on the average to get a decent 2 bedroom flat and the hostel fees on the average cost about 3000 euros per semester aside from school fees, let me break it down further, 3k euros in Naira is equivalent to 1.5m per semester and we have 2 major semester in an academic year which means an average of 3m on accommodation alone, The tuition fees here starts from 2500 Euros per semester on the average! Which is roughly 2.7m in Naira.

Now that's not the worse part, the worse part is the day to day living on the island, it costs about 40 turkish lira to take a taxi to any location and that's about 2,400 naira and 4800 in total,for a to and fro journey though there are school buses which the government claims to be free but they are not entirely free as the cost of transportation has been deducted from your school fees.

The TRNC government lures student to the island to boost sectors such as housing as accommodation is very expensive, even the locals here dont pay what foreigners pay for housing they pay lesser, students come in to boost the tourism sector, the hospitals and pharmacies benefits from it, the transportation sector benefits from it and ofcourse it creates that multiplier effect that propels their economy.

Any household item or commodity whatsoever that you desire to purchase here is over 7 times the rate in naira, let me give examples, it costs over 2500 naira to buy a pain killer like panadol which cost around 200 naira, it costs about 15k to buy a charger for your phone, electricity bills can be as high as 60000 naira in a month during the summer and winter months when the air condition and heater has to be used, yes I said 60000 naira, Gas and water bill is something else entirely, the price of everything there is Jaw dropping as the prices are inflated to leach every penny from foreigners, they believe that every student especially Nigerians are rich!

When you register as a new student here,their universities will seize your original certificates to trap you so you wont leave and if you decide to leave the school you will be asked to pay termination fees in addition to whatever debt you probably owe the school!

Is it not crazy that a friend had to drop out on financial reasons and he was asked to pay over 2800 euros with the fees he owed the school before he will get his original certificates which he submitted while registering as a fresher!

Some of the institutions here fail students deliberately so that they can keep paying this school fees and trap them in the system to keep boosting their economy.

To crown it all, their are no jobs there coupled with the harsh and expensive living conditions many students have no options than to engage in petty vices.

95 percent of the universities there, the degrees are not Recognized by several international bodies, what the agents mostly do in Nigeria is to tell Nigerians that they are going to Cyprus and they will think they are going to the Southern part of the island which is an EU zone but on getting to Cyprus they are taken to the North. In fact the temporary residence permit wont take you to any country and since the country is not recognized most countries dont have embassies there which means to relocate you probably have to get a Tourist visa from here to Turkey which is not so difficult to apply to any country of your choice.

No b all abroad b abroad, and na small the north Cyprus take fine pass Nigeria sef, the roads are not so good and the houses are not so rushed.

According to the last NANS report there are approximately 30000 Nigerian students on this island and we have Zimbabweans, Congolese and other countries from other developing nations both in the middle east and Asia here.

My advice to all prospective students, if you are nurturing the idea of coming here to work while schooling please jettison those ideas. In fact dead it!

North Cyprus is not worth it ,one bit! I have spoken and its finally out of my conscience, who get ear make e hear!

And as for the grammar police wey go wan check my post for spelling errors and punctuations, this post is to share my experience there and warn prospective students against going to that expensive island.
.....MAY GOD BLESS YOU NyaFuNyaFu Left , Right and Center cheesy
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Akpaamunsi: 1:12am On Aug 26, 2020
humilitypays:
Countries You Must Never Go for Study or Stay As a Nigerian!

1.) Northern Cyprus

2.) Benin Republic

3.) Ghana

4.) Ukraine

5.) Turkey

6.) Lebanon

7.) South Africa

8.) Egypt

9.) Libya

10.) India

11.) Pakistan

12.) Syria

13.) Saudi Arabia

14.) UAE (Dubai)

15.) Serbia

16.) Finland

17.) Czech Republic

18.) Mexico

19.) Philippines

20.) Bulgaria

[s]Don't ever go to these countries to study or to live permanently, they are not friendly to Nigerians and black people generally! And their education system is worst than Nigeria's own, why waste so much money acquiring useless certificate that won't help you grow in life??[/s]?

What you put up there sadly says a lot about the mental capacity of this generation of Nigerian youths. I won't blame buhari for calling your generation mentally lazy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by One4me: 1:12am On Aug 26, 2020
idogbo:
In response to some statements made by Hon. Abike Dabiri, I would like to give my condolence to the family of Hon. Justice Bello. I also wish to state without equivocation, that North Cyprus is one of the safest if not the safest country. We recognize the fact that international students face several challenges outside their country to which North Cyprus is not an exception. However, it is important to note that insecurity is not among these challenges in the Northern Cyprus society. Like every other country there have been cases of deaths amongst Nigerian students as well as other international students. Contrary to what the NIDCOM boss had said, these causes largely natural and has nothing to do with hate from locals, as a matter of fact, some of these cases are as a result of disputes amongst friends of the shared nationality. 95% of the names given by the NIDCOM boss have been deaths from natural cause, it is rather bogus and ridiculous to say that 100 Nigerian students have been murdered in North Cyprus, “those are numbers from a war situation”. The publication of these statements appears to buttress my concern on the inability of the media to carry out investigative journalism, thus focusing more on just selling stories. As the CEO of NIDCOM, it is expected that Hon. Abike Dabiri would have taken the pain to visit, and get required facts from the North Cyprus government before making the claims in her press statement. This is because, over the years Nigerians have studied and are currently studying in this country. Also, the universities in North Cyprus are internationally recognized as universities of Turkey, and graduates are accepted all over the world, NIDCOM should also gather necessary information about this. We are very much aware of the security challenges in Nigeria, and the number of students that have unfortunately lost their lives within our country and abroad however, we should bare in mind that there can be challenges anywhere in the world. I am therefore calling on parents and guardians of students in North Cyprus to remain calm, there are no killers or murderers in North Cyprus. As the leader of Nigerian students in diaspora, I would like to state that as much as Hon. Abike Dabiri is entitled to her opinion, she should in her capacity as NIDCOM CEO, visit Northern Cyprus to find out the truth about what resulted in the Death of the young man. She should also inquire about investigative measures taken by the country’s police force instead of, demonizing the island and its education, in a bid to cause panic amongst the parents who have children studying in Northern Cyprus. The NIDCOM boss should be aware of the sensitivity of this issue, and the aftermath of her claims will neither be, beneficial to the thousands of Nigerians studying in north Cyprus, nor the grieving family of the young man

Look at this fool, who made you leader of Nigerian Students in Daispora? Which Diaspora? The Northern Cyprus, Kazakstan, Leabono, Libya, etc type of Diaspora or the Canada, USA, Britain, Germany, etc type of Diaspora? grin grin grin
No be only Leader, Na Leather! How much will Cyprus Agents pay you for this nonsense you wrote? grin grin

Hearing you banging your head on the floor for Cyprus, l almost got misled into thinking you are the Foreign Ambassador of Northern Cyprus to the only Country in the world that recognises it: Turkey!
shocked grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 26, 2020
Yaks02:
Thank jah for ur life bro,
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Sunrise258: 6:15am On Aug 26, 2020
...if a student dropped out on financial inadequacy grounds, he would be ask to pay university termination fees of about €2700...

I piss for boxers on reading this one o!!!
The country is really evil.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Luxurydriverng: 6:57am On Aug 26, 2020
No place like home.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by rationalhuman(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2020
Ignore him, That list is full of Crap,
Finland, Czech republic, India and Serbia have very good quality education. Proven all over the world.
Seems to me this person never went out of his village.

Daejoyoung:

I don't know where you got this list from, but for your information, Finland has one of the best systems of education in the world and it is a very safe country.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by dwilliams: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2020
wildrose1721:

You are so right. If anyone is to enjoy Cyprus, either as a student or a migrant, he/she needs to have money! The cost of living compared to Naija is way high, it being a tourist country. You pay for everything you use.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to get a job in Cyprus. Leave whatever any agent will tell you. You MAY get some hotel or restaurant jobs, but they are likely to consider Pakistanis first (they learn the language quite faster, and maybe they accept 'shit' compared to Nigerians.

I had to do all sort to add up to the little I received from home- offloading goods from container, gardening, etc. ( I couldn't get dish washing job in any hotel, even after filling forms with passport photographs. Lol).

That being said, the locals are friendly, and the place is very safe. No harassment from the police. Even when I had not done my student muhaceret (permit), I could walk even at 2 a.m. in front of the police with no fear.
I am surprised hearing Nigerians are being killed, way way exaggerated. I want to believe the deaths recorded apart from natural causes are cases of deal gone bad: Drug, cult or 'picker' whatever. As at then, grapevine had it that TRNC was the next hotspot for G boiz after Malaysia. Hushpuppi was once received there with fanfare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzPsah75uk&t=37s

As per my opinion, I am not really convinced of the education standard. It is not more than what you will get in an average private Uni in Nigeria, though they are more organized, and the lecturers are more open. As for acceptability of their certificates in EU or wherever, I had a course mate who after completion of his Bachelors got a scholarship for Masters in Germany, so I don't think that is an issue.

Some of OP's points are way exaggerated. As at 2017, students needs to have Turkish transit Visa to go to Cyprus, so I don't understand the Right to Board stuff OP talked about; maybe it is a new development, I wouldn't know.

Note: The above is my opinion. Different people may think otherwise.

You dont need a Visa to go there now, ask anyone you know on the island, you only need to Apply for your OK to Board it cost between 150k to 300k depending on the agent processing it for you and you are good to go, when you get to Ercan Airport you will be stamped in.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by Cutiekatty: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2020
He is saying the obvious truth about the island I schooled there too and it was hell, but fun for those with money to spend most especially the northerners,and yahoo boys doing their hustle. I ran back to Nigeria when it became too unbearable

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by tot(f): 10:03am On Aug 26, 2020
dwilliams, kudos to you for this thread and taking your time to share your experience. You don't know whose life out there you may have saved as a result. God bless you.
Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by rationalhuman(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Dont even think about Northern Cyprus
Except the Turkey and one or two Islamic countries no one recognizes Northern Cyprus and so its Education and certificate.

This mistake may cost you dearly on every front.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Travel To Northern Cyprus! by babaireti(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2020
This is serious o,eleyi gidigan o,thanks for this piece

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Answers To Exam Questions From A SS1 Student. PHOTOS (must See) / Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.