Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55776 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by sleeknaija(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..

Interesting grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ugolinze123(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
my only regrets is the lavish traditional ceremony i did, way i for just rent only one canopy and strictly do all the traditional right inside my wife parlour everybody eat and go. instead i just go lavish money for traditional marriage... anyway the pictures i see today are memorable.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Roon9(m): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona

Wow! I did mine in July but somehow still spent up to 1.5m. Still dunno how or why sef grin

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Omoluabi16(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Mad ooo!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
hahaha. Na true I dey talk oh. cheesy :DI no just wan mention category of people wey dey wear lashes up and down. But you check out most women hawking agbo . Make una do normal make up and rest jare. All the extra extra is just something else.tongue

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by sleeknaija(m): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date

Weldone Mr Linus undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
maasoap:

Why is that?

The guests that did not give anything, knew we did not require anything...........

So they read our minds perfectly...........
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
dxdiag:
The Agbada i wore for once after close to 4years of been married.
The unnecessary paparazzi chattering 2 coaster bus to meet my inlaw
The white gown wifey brought and used for once
The suit i brought for bestman, shoes, shirt and other accessories.
The yeye photographer with poor editing skill
The alaga that kept requesting for money.

No be small thing.
I looked back and thank God we ve crossed that hurdle and looking ahead for better things God has in storeroom for myself and wifey.
After wedding, you face reality.

Terrible combination. Those MC can exploit for this life, it's really irritating. I realised too late that the photographer my wife hired used analog camera when digital cameras were already reigning (2011). I blamed myself because I should have overseen what I paid for

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
gordus:
Mine was not a regret cos of the wisdom I apply,my wife and I have been planning the wedding before I travel down to Nigeria,on getting to Nigeria the expenses she brought to me was over 5m, I noticed she wanted to impress her friends and family,is not just right spending money unnecessary so I apply wisdom,I don't want to hurt her feeling by telling her I can't spent that kind of money on wedding,two days later I told her I'm going to the bank to withdraw cash with my foreign card so that we can start preparing,I went back home told her my account has been blocked for using the card in another country so I can't get money and the money in my Nigeria account is around 600k,she was disappointed,she told me she has 300k in her account.ladies and gentlemen,we plan all the wedding expenses on the 900k and I'm happy with my action till date.

Good thinking, good product...

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The guests that did not give anything, knew we did not require anything...........

So they read our minds perfectly...........

I thought you were angry. But if you were not angry, you should have honoured the few who came with gifts by opening it.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by vasco01(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mine was the bride price

Which later I realized that she was fake

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by soleexx(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Not married yet, but I guess I will just hire a wedding planner to sort it out for us.. I don't wanna be stressed with the preparation and everything...

Traditional is important just as the wedding.. Its a one time thing! So it must worth it...

I always have the thought of a small beach wedding with few people but My gf doesn't want that so I have to make it memorable and amazing for Us...

And definitely focused on Honeymoon
I will deal with that myself...

Good luck to the niggas that are getting married this year...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
gordus:
Mine was not a regret cos of the wisdom I apply,my wife and I have been planning the wedding before I travel down to Nigeria,on getting to Nigeria the expenses she brought to me was over 5m, I noticed she wanted to impress her friends and family,is not just right spending money unnecessary so I apply wisdom,I don't want to hurt her feeling by telling her I can't spent that kind of money on wedding,two days later I told her I'm going to the bank to withdraw cash with my foreign card so that we can start preparing,I went back home told her my account has been blocked for using the card in another country so I can't get money and the money in my Nigeria account is around 600k,she was disappointed,she told me she has 300k in her account.ladies and gentlemen,we plan all the wedding expenses on the 900k and I'm happy with my action till date.
Brotherly.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by TemmyT002(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
ogawisdom:
grin

White wedding was a waste I should have avoided and done only traditional marriage angry

Thanks for this
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
J111333:
Brotherly.

If only we elected him instead of Buhari. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by sleeknaija(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:
I have never been a fan of weddings. I even struggle to honour wedding invitations, so I always knew it will totally wear me out.

Stress, wearing tight fitted clothes, greeting so many people that do not like or wish you well! Ewww! I can’t deal with all that inside one hall. I’ll pass out!!!

I am the type to marry quietly today and greet you tomorrow like nothing happened. Shebi it is my husband and marry? grin grin

Lolzzzzzz grin grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
maasoap:

I thought you were angry. But if you were not angry, you should have honoured the few who came with gifts by opening it.

Angry..... NEVER...... grin

My point would be, what's the point of opening something I would never use/take........

Understand that most wedding gifts are toasters, glass set, pots etc etc.........

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by seunny4lif(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
cool
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by debosalau(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Someone should please summarize all lessons from this thread and mention me
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

If only we elected him instead of Buhari. cheesy cheesy
I dey tells you. Sense full his head. See as son of man save N4.1m just like that. The bros suppose come do giveaway mek we follow am chop the savings. cheesy
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by franugo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
No selling of asoebi or whatever.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.

My kinda girl...I envisage a beach wedding for mine, I kukuma no dey go church so guests no go plenty
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by placeofallure(f): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Waste money? Lailai! I decorated the venue myself. Me, my kid sister and a friend. The cake, a 3 tiered cake was baked by me and my sister. I bought all the accessories and the material for the wedding gown myself, I only paid the tailor to sew. I made my bead myself. I've been on it a few months to the wedding. I did my make up myself and I tied my gele myself. I got to the church 10 mins late. My husband was furious I should have designated some of the things out but not me, I guess I am Madam DIY grin

20 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Delhdel: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
For me it was a simple,well calculated & organized wedding. We never spent excessively but the regret is 95% of the left over funds was lost to MMM - yr 2016. It could have been used to buy property.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by vicben27(m): 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
hmmm my wedding is 11 & 12th of sept. the money l have spent Soo far, l no wan think am self, there is still a few things to be done, l cannot kill myself, everything will fall in place God's willing

6 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by PitexyBaba(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date
Which kind life b this?
God sef shock!
If you lie, Nah the car u wan buy u don buy so.......No more car for you
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by intruder15(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
kizwid:

and when you die oneday, God will judge you for this lie and you will have nothing to say, then devil to lead you to hell fire

And he shall suffer for 600 years.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by intruder15(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
No selling of asoebi or whatever.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.

Same here.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
I have no regrets... Even if I wanted to lavish money, the money was not there
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by shadeyinka(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:

I totally understand. I was only offering a solution since the wedding gown has already been bought.
Ok dear.

Don't make the same mistake when you're getting married. Many young people plan for a spectacular wedding rather than a beautiful marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by adanny01(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
ezechi24:

Abi na you send them go collect your property back... grin

I wish!

Hungry armed robbers. They ate my fresh bread, drank my coke and took away my DSTV smart card (dumb mofos, DSTV of all things).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona

Na Wetin you give them chop bro?
Garri and wetin....?

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Emyres: 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
itycyril:
Zoom did the magic for us.
With over 1000 people connected we had the best fun ever.
Go check out #TheCyril2020 on IG.

Congrats bro. Just checked it out.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by cheftea: 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin grin
We dey plan am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.