Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55775 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:
I did not experience any waste...........

My Tux was hired, gown was hired, friends suits hired, shirts hired, trousers hired, our shoes from the one's we already had etc etc

I planned it meticulously.......... grin

The Great Hirer. At least you no hire your manhood join. Na you get that one.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by shilz(f): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:
I have never been a fan of weddings. I even struggle to honour wedding invitations, so I always knew it will totally wear me out.

Stress, wearing tight fitted clothes, greeting so many people that do not like or wish you well! Ewww! I can’t deal with all that inside one hall. I’ll pass out!!!

I am the type to marry quietly today and greet you tomorrow like nothing happened. Shebi it is my husband and marry? grin grin
u are not alone

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by hkidola00(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:

When I wedded pounds to naira was just about less than 200 naira to a pound so it's not current market rate. Naira get small value then...however it was a waste.
that should be 2003/2004
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by paul100(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:
I did not experience any waste...........

My Tux was hired, gown was hired, friends suits hired, shirts hired, trousers hired, our shoes from the one's we already had etc etc

I planned it meticulously.......... grin

Although we had over a thousand people in attendance (was happy with that expense)...... It was a wedding on a Thursday (the attendance shock us)..... But i was fully prepared for them too...... cheesy

NB : The money saved was spent on very expensive rings (still looks new). Over 20 years later.......
A thousand what!! You know people oooo

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by dxdiag(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
The Agbada i wore for once after close to 4years of been married.
The unnecessary paparazzi chattering 2 coaster bus to meet my inlaw
The white gown wifey brought and used for once
The suit i brought for bestman, shoes, shirt and other accessories.
The yeye photographer with poor editing skill
The alaga that kept requesting for money.
No be small thing.
I looked back and thank God we ve crossed that hurdle and looking ahead for better things God has in storeroom for myself and wifey.
After wedding, you face reality.

8 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

The Great Hirer. At least you no hire your manhood join. Na you get that one.

What would have been the point buying something, we would never wear again.......... cheesy
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by larryking540: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
No selling of asoebi or whatever.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.

how far ,,u too go try hustle too o, because the man go also need to change e own ring too o ,hope u will be able to do that
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
paul100:

A thousand what!! You know people oooo

By the time I factor in mama people, papa people, in laws people etc etc

And guess what...... Wedding presents no pass 20............ grin

All never opened and locked up in my grandparents room (for over 20 years now)........ cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by paul100(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Queenoffucks:
Getting a humvee-5 at 57.67 million minus clearing o. Only for supposed husband to end up not knowing how to fvck as hard as I'd anticipated afterwards.

Well guess what I fvcking did.
Fvcked his best man
Fvcked his best man's other friend
Fvcked our security guy for some time before firing him.

Now, if you're reading this
Fvck you
Fvck weddings
Fvck Buhari

Queenoffucks
You need to take your drugs.

9 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by larryking540: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Qtsnow:
Mine was a parlour wedding at an agreed venue with my in-laws, well decorated with enough food and drinks to go round. No alcohol.

Only regret was the ₦4500 shoe I specifically bought for the wedding, which say on the shoe rack for almost 3years without me wearing it more than 7times. But than God I decided not to buy am expensive one.
it's worthless buying a very expensive shoe mostly for a one time event ,,no matter how original the shoe is ,e will still get spoilt

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by bobbyjfc: 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
nice thread. i just hope d lady am abt to marry next year by God's Grace will understand cos if she doesn't , we can't marry.
i intend doing just Traditional marriage and as low as 30persons or even 20persons.
i intend paying her bride price then she will cook cos she is a caterer and dts it.
well we can register in court for legal purposes and i think dts it.
but i will never never joke with my wife cos she is Me. and i pray she turns out well in everything.
lastly , am a very in managing my spending.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

What would have been the point buying something, we would never wear again.......... cheesy

No point at all. I support you. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by TimeTraveler369: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
If you are African, then White man's wedding is a waste of money intoto.

Do your Traditional Marriage in all its glories and drink native palm wines and take your wife to bed.

The day the white people will conduct African weddings is the day I will approve an African doing a white man's wedding.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
Investorbj:

grin Women ehn
No mind her she wan login

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Madam now forced me to buy wedding suits for me and my best man.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

Share the mistakes you made in expense planning wedding
Baba do wedding anniversary give away

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by paul100(m): 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

All never opened and locked up in my grandparents room (for over 20 years now)........ cheesy
20 presents out of a thousand people!!!i'm shocked but was food enough for all this people?
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
paul100:

20 presents out of a thousand people!!!i'm shocked but was food enough for all this people?

Food, drinks, suya, small chops was over surplus........ cheesy

They even took takeaway, took away my fresh decoration flowers etc etc

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by emeraldlife: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..

Wow. I need to call you for a tip
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by grim33(m): 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bruh you need to calm down.
womenareapes:
Mr blessings tapper, do you know if he is a ritualist or Yahoo boy? undecided

I remember when hushpuppi was raining! many people was tapping his blessing but not knowing he is a fraudsters.

you foolish men of ignorant! you just limited yourself by spewing this rubbish.

that guy there is not even rich!
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by grim33(m): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
Think about it twice.
taiwo92:
I have 1.5m and I plan to marry soon. Have been away from Nigeria for a while now, what n what will u advise me to do and don't.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by gordus: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mine was not a regret cos of the wisdom I apply,my wife and I have been planning the wedding before I travel down to Nigeria,on getting to Nigeria the expenses she brought to me was over 5m, I noticed she wanted to impress her friends and family,is not just right spending money unnecessary so I apply wisdom,I don't want to hurt her feeling by telling her I can't spent that kind of money on wedding,two days later I told her I'm going to the bank to withdraw cash with my foreign card so that we can start preparing,I went back home told her my account has been blocked for using the card in another country so I can't get money and the money in my Nigeria account is around 600k,she was disappointed,she told me she has 300k in her account.ladies and gentlemen,we plan all the wedding expenses on the 900k and I'm happy with my action till date.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by hkidola00(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
bukatyne:
Did not regret much expenses. However

1. My change of shoes slept pretty in my hotel room while my feet was aching during reception grin

2. The small chops and cake vendor was a minus

3. Ribbons for my flower girls did not even make it to the hotel. I used it to tie up some gifts years later. cheesy

nice one dear.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by membranus: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..

37k on marriage ceremony?

Wao, you must be a wizard on money management!!!

Corporate orgs should be rushing you to serve as their financial manager.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Buffet instead of a course meal (2nd course alone)
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by DencyZemirah: 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
itycyril:
Zoom did the magic for us.
With over 1000 people connected we had the best fun ever.
Go check out #TheCyril2020 on IG.
yeah I saw it from the Iheanacho's. It was such a beautiful wedding with a pretty bride.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
afonjabreed:
See as People dey lie
bro4u:

grin grin let's read and laugh at their lies

I don't see lies here, people are wasting money on marriages all the time. My doctor friend spent close to 2 million naira on his wedding, yet his guests couldn't say that they actually ate at that wedding.

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by chukwugoziegi: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
itycyril:
Zoom did the magic for us.
With over 1000 people connected we had the best fun ever.
Go check out #TheCyril2020 on IG.

Your wife is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by tonyudo57: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Just reading
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by iyenebari(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
waiting to read some comment
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Why is that?
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Angy55(f): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Especially those lashes. It does not add a single drop of beauty to women. I wish they knew.Their eyes get reddened, they keep blinking non-stop. Hair do and facial make-up is okay, but not lashes.
Lashes adds beauty. It's about going for the length that fits your face. The person that did her make up, messed up.

It's just like applying make over on the face every day, the day you dare not apply, your face would be like someone who is sick.

Bottom line is we should be MODERATE in everything we do.

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by mukthar2000(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
wasted money to paid for the invent hall, the hall management collected money from two people on the same date, but later create another space for me on the field and the event planners beautify the place more than the main hall. Bexos if I am to use the hall on that day with the unbelievable crowds that attend the wedding I would blame myself, but finally give Glory to Almighty Allah and learn a lesson that their is always a reason behind any accuracy in life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.