Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US (48108 Views)

AP Journalist Behind The Report Of A Russian Missile In Poland Has Been Fired / Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. / Russia Unleashes New Top-secret ‘satellite Killer’ Missile ( Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by rottennaija(m): 7:38am On Aug 27, 2020
God1stson:

Russia could have been worst than US AND CHINA, just that they don't have the economic reach.

Could have? With what evidence?
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by rottennaija(m): 7:41am On Aug 27, 2020
Openbusiness:
I pity China, America will send them back to stone age. They have no real allies except for North Korea. If you remove USA from the picture, Russia's number one enemy in terms of global competition for power is China. The only reason they are collaborating now is because of America. But Russia will not fight a major war with US and its allies because of China. North Korea is only interested in local politics. China is playing with fire. They better not start what they can't finish. They should ask the Japanese who were the first to bomb Pearl harbor. How did it end for Japan?

This is not the 40s. A lot has happened since then.
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by loadedvibes: 7:41am On Aug 27, 2020
Lol no be lie.. we have it in abundance
4Play:

Corruption
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by rottennaija(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

cheesy grin cheesy Marvin these dudes are underestimating China cheesy

I laugh in swahili cheesy

If only they know the nuclear arsenal that China has.

Don't mind them. They watch too much movies.
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by BadBradley: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2020
China military is still no match to the US.

2 Likes

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2020
dermmy:
America and China should tread carefully. America should also stop its provocative actions in the South China sea. China is a country that wants to control its own destiny and won't be moved around by a bully.

So the world should look by as China illegally annexes almost all of the South China Sea? The Philippines challenged China's claims at the UN's Court of Arbitration and won, but China has refused to accept the court's ruling.

The United Nations Convention in the law of the Sea says that a country may claim an area extending 12 nautical miles from its coast as its own territorial sea.

China doesn't recognize this law. It claims the entirety of the South China Sea and that is illegal.

Take a look at the picture I uploaded, the red lines is what China calls the "nine dash line". That's how much of the South China Sea China wants for itself. China even claims territorial waters close to Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia etc.

If you guys think the US is a bully, wait until China becomes very powerful. You'll understand the difference between a democratic superpower and a communist superpower.

As it is now, if you post an anti-China comment on social media in Nigeria, and then you travel to China and what you wrote was discovered, you'll be liable for prosecution.

The Mayor of Lusaka, Zambia, was made to tender an apology to China because he berated Chinese nationals resident in Zambia for mistreating their Zambian staff. That's how China operates: dictatorial and high-handed.

Other countries in Asia have welcomed the United States freedom of navigation stance in the South China Sea. What China did to Indian troops over a border dispute is still fresh. They have enemies around them and they want to become a super power. That's not how it works. The truth is,most countries still prefer the US to China.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by gnykelly(m): 7:44am On Aug 27, 2020
what's America doing several thousand of kilometers away from homeland.
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by TheGladiator: 7:45am On Aug 27, 2020
ProfAmaben:
I love China's progress but they should steer clear of the US. The US can obliterate China in one fell swoop.

Chinko, don't start what you can't finish.

Not that simple. China is the sleeping tiger. No pushover
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by KenModi(m): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2020
wunmi590:
I'm using this medium to thank God for giving me another year to my present age, as I +1 today.

Please nairalander just say a word or two prayers for me to excel in every good things I lay my hands on.

Happy birthday to me

Go look bush! Who your birthday epp? Say a prayer or two for you?!

You definitely a clout chaser. Can't you just celebrate your birthday with your friends and family in peace and quiet?!

3 Likes

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 27, 2020
dermmy:
America and China should tread carefully. America should also stop its provocative actions in the South China sea. China is a country that wants to control its own destiny and won't be moved around by a bully.
why won’t China also let Hong Kong and Taiwan control their own destinies too? China is the biggest bully of all sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by gnykelly(m): 7:47am On Aug 27, 2020
DapperGuy:

So the world should accept China's illegal claim to almost all of the South China Sea? The Philippines challenged China in an international court and won, but China has refused to accept the Court's ruling.

The United Nations Convention in the law of the Sea says that a country may claim an area extending 12 nautical miles from its coast as it own territorial sea.

China doesn't recognize this law. It claims the entirety of the South China Sea and that is illegal.

Take a look at the picture I uploaded, the red lines is what China calls the "nine dash rule". That's how much of the South China Sea China wants for itself. China even claims territorial waters close to Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia etc.

If you guys think the US is a bully, wait until China becomes very powerful. You'll understand the difference between a democratic superpower and a communist superpower.

As it is now, if you post an anti-China comment on social media in Nigeria, and then you travel to China and what you wrote was discovered, you'll be liable for prosecution.

The Mayor of Lusaka, Zambia, was made to tender an apology to China because he berated Chinese nationals resident in Zambia for mistreating their Zambian staff. That's how China operates: dictatorial and high-handed.

Other countries in Asia have welcomed the United States freedom of navigation stance in the South China Sea. What China did to Indian troops over a border dispute is still fresh. They have enemies around them and they want to become a super power. That's now how it works. The truth is,most countries still prefer the US to China.

what's your opinion on Falk island the UK claim that's clear belongs to Argentina

2 Likes

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Openbusiness: 7:48am On Aug 27, 2020
marvin906:

you guys should kindly shut da fvck up..
what type of statement is that the US will obliterate China in one fell swoop as what..
is China a small island in the Caribbean or what...
a war with China will go for year's...
if you're about nuclear weapons which is impossible cause millions will die on both side
Oga, without nuclear weapons being used, USA will crush China within 6 months maximum. Which ICBM missile does China have that they can fire from China that will reach America? NONE....ZEROOooooo. America has dozens of military bases on surrounding countries all around China, they have Aircraft carriers, they have all kinds of heavy artillery ICBM launch pads within easy range of China and Beijing itself, they have fighter jets they can easily deploy for aerial bombings and Nuclear powered warships on the seas. They have thousands ground troops in South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, and other close countries that they can deployed for combat at a short notice. A war between America and China would be fought on Chinese soil. China will NOT be able to reach American skies, with the number of int'l allies system America has put in place. The entire war will be fought in Asia and on Chinese soil. America has the military capacity, weapons capacity and financial capacity to prosecute a full blown war with China. They will bomb Beijing to dust. They already have China surrounded within their missile defense and attack range. Which military base does China have that is close to America? Do you think they call America World Police for decoration? Even Russia is boxed in and surrounded by American missiles from every corner around them. You think war is won by noise or population size. The military strategy and strategic military formations and installations America has put in place all across the world gives them a powerful edge to destroy any foreign enemy. They have AFRICOM in Africa, do you think AFRICOM is here for decoration and they will sit back and watch missiles fly over African airspace to land in America? Or do you think the NATO they have in Europe will let any hostile enemy use its airspace to fly to America without bombing it to oblivion. They have strong military presence, weapons, troops and allied countries all across the Middle-East Asia, East, West, North and South Asia. Not just anyhow allied countries, but the powerful nations in almost all regions. Saudi Arabia is an ALLY; Israel is an ALLY; the UAE are ALLIES, Japan is an ALLY, South Korea is an Ally......let me just stop here because the list will be too long. Or do you think the oceans that America controls will allow Chinese submarines free access? China is a baby when it comes to global warfare. America will defeat China so easily. FYI, it was America that defeated Hitler and Germany in WW2. Europe was conquered, Russia was almost conquered, if not for America.

9 Likes

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by holywind(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2020
EmptyGarden:
I G G
initial gra gra

1 Like

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by ayenale1(m): 7:49am On Aug 27, 2020
I'm waiting for when my dear country will launch her own missile near Ghana sea as a warning for oppressing our citizens���
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Openbusiness: 7:49am On Aug 27, 2020
rottennaija:

This is not the 40s. A lot has happened since then.
Yes, i 100% agree with you. A lot has happened. America is now 1 billion times more powerful than they were in the 40's.

2 Likes

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by OBku4(m): 7:50am On Aug 27, 2020
Tonylyte:
[s]It a good thing to watch them attack them selve[/s]s. These two nations have been terrorising the world in one way or the other, especially the midgets country, China. I dont know what is wrong with those people, they brought the world to a total halt, killing 100 of thousands of people with their planned Virus, yet no remorse or apology tendered in any form....they still go about causing restlessness to people in different form of attacks.

U don't know what you saying bro.
When 2 world powers fight, it's the world that suffers
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Originality007: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2020
[s]
dermmy:
[/s]

No matter how the narrative goes, your own is to blame and Demonize America.

1 Like

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by TheGladiator: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2020
dermmy:

Did you read this part

“ ..... all of the potentially energy-rich South China Sea, but Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam also lay claim to parts of an area, through which more than $3 trillion of trade passes each year.

Money! Money! Then there is major geopolitical influence. America major power projection was built up especially for a purpose like this, not interference in phoney boko haram in a country where the leaders don’t even want the strife to
end. Boko will end when General Buhari wants it to!
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by udemzyudex(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2020
dermmy:

Rubbish post.

1 Like

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Michaelcas(m): 7:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Exmilitant:
he is very correct. American base in South Korea can take on China.
WRONG, y'all should quit watching too much American movies and face reality, Asians are cannot really be defeated, ask Vietnam or China, secondly China is too powerful to be bleeped with

Thirdly, US cannot maintain an all out war with China without help from Allies, it would fall apart, and sure China got allies too

Nuclear weapons can't be used in a war until the last moments or until authorised by other countries which is unlikely to happen, oh and china got nuclear power too

3 Likes

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by sulasa07(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2020
Kevinsamba:
They weren't in China's air space
Dey read well o
Abegi,where was US
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by onadana: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2020
dermmy:

By stealing other peoples resources.How will you feel if your neighbor claims your property because you're weak.The only country standing up to China is the US.
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by boss221: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2020
Now China now Nigeria wan borrow money from.. Make we no pay back first Nigeria go see waiting dem dey find
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by sulasa07(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2020
Tonylyte:

China is a terrorist nation, those midgets are just laying low....they are underground doing the destruction.
Both China and US are terrorist nations,it's the fact

1 Like

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Topmaike007(m): 7:57am On Aug 27, 2020
ProfAmaben:
I love China's progress but they should steer clear of the US. The US can obliterate China in one fell swoop.

Chinko, don't start what you can't finish.
you're saying rubbish wetin concern America and China Sea to warrant America from moving around there
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Topmaike007(m): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2020
titiakins:
China is really flexing its muscles

They don't know who they are messing with

If not for the useless democrats that are always in support of China, China no get this kind mind on a good day!
which muscle, who authorised America from moving around China territory

1 Like

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Adeedris(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

This fracas between the US and China, I hope it doesn't degenerate into a war.

China nor send anybody o. You nor see how them slaughter Indian soldiers with crude instruments when them dey fight for territory

The UN is not doing enough.

Look at what is happening with the US and Iran

Isreal and its occupying of the West bank

Russia and Turkey tensions in the Middle East

Nato vs the East and its allies

World war 3 loading

Indian soldiers probably killed them more bro, but China didn't admit any casualty. It was after the incident that I read on BBC that Chinese soldiers would undergo martial arts training (possibly because they were more hurt).

The world is becoming more and more unstable like you said and I don't think that would stop anytime soon, but a full blown war? I don't think so.
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Michaelcas(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2020
Exmilitant:
he is very correct. American base in South Korea can take on China.
It is almost impossible to take over another country in war, even though Thailand might be weaker militarily, it's impossible for China to attack and defeat it, war is no video games bro

eg to defeat and capture Nigeria would only be possible with 2.5 to 3million troops, which no country has, nor does any nation have the resources to capture the whole of Nigeria, so quit games and movies so you can think with more logic
Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Exmilitant:
Forget China gra gra, they are millions of miles behind the USA Militarily. Us has 13 carrier-killer. China has 2. Us spends 650 billion dollars annually for military exercise. China spends 150 billion. Do the maths.

Outcome of wars are not predicted by these things you write. America wouldn't want to lose a citizen to a foolish war it irrationally provokes. Many of you just think linearly, you see war as maths. It has never been so. Even U.S threads with caution when dealing with NK.

Leave all those nonsense calculations. U.S. cannot afford the casuality that would follow a war at their present stage, especially with countries as Russia and China.

1 Like

Re: China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US by prinxwizard(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2020
wunmi590:
I'm using this medium to thank God for giving me another year to my present age, as I +1 today.

Please nairalander just say a word or two prayers for me to excel in every good things I lay my hands on.

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to yhu! Continue being the best yhu can be....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Fleeing London Attack With Beer In Hand (Picture) / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO / Ukraine: 40-Mile Russian Convoy Threatens Kyiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.