Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (89843 Views)

What Lekki, Lagos State Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
I've had to go to Alexander in Ikoyi every day for the past 4 days. Not impressed by that axis of Lagos. Narrow roads. And if I didn't know that it was an exclusive neighbourhood I won't have given it a 2nd look.

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
crackhaus:

You don't know what infrastructure means, and that's how I know you've not left your village before.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crownstar01:
Lagos is the place to beat? What a bombshell!!

Your education is indeed faulty. Do you know Lagos is one of the dirtiest cities in the world?

One of the worst places to live in the world.

HajimeSaito:

Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial nerve center, is the third worst city to live in among 140 cities worldwide.

The revelation is according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU’s 2018 ranking of the world’s most liveable cities. The city was ranked 138th of the 140 countries ranked by the EIU.

With a relatively low score of 38.5 per cent, the city was just a little above Syria’s war-torn capital, Damascus, and Bangladesh’s Dhaka. Both cities are hotbeds of violence, destruction and war.

The new ranking saw the Australian capital, Melbourne, lose the title of world’s most liveable city after a seven-year reign after dropping to second by just 0.7 percent. The city was piped to the post by Vienna, which received an overall score of 99.1 percent. According to the EIU, Austria’s capital’s rise to the top was attributed to increased security scores due to a return to relative stability across much of Europe after high-profile terrorist attacks in recent years.

The annual list assesses stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure in 140 different cities of the world.

On a larger scale, the ranking showed, global liveability has improved for the second year in a row, increasing from 74.8 per cent last year to 75.7 per cent in 2018.

In the new ranking, published Monday, Japan’s Osaka and Tokyo have now moved up into the top ten, coming in third and seventh place respectively. Both cities achieved their highest ranking on the survey this year thanks to a decline in crime rates as well as improvements in public transportation.

According to the report summary, “Osaka stands out especially, having climbed six positions, to third place, over the past six months, closing the gap with Melbourne.

“It is now separated from the former top-ranked city by a mere 0.7 of a percentage point. Osaka’s improvements in scores for quality and availability of public transportation, as well as a consistent decline in crime rates, have contributed to higher ratings in the infrastructure and stability categories respectively.”

Hamburg and Helsinki, that held tenth and ninth place last year, have dropped out of the top ten, while this year’s ninth place spot went to Copenhagen, which achieved a score of 96.8 per cent.

Canada, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver also performed relatively well, the report said.

The report noted that global business centres tend to be victims of their own success because the ‘big city’ buzz they enjoy could overstretch infrastructure and cause higher crime rates. It noted that New York (57th), London (48th) and Paris (19th), for instance, are all prestigious hubs with numerous recreational activities but they all suffer from higher levels of crime, congestion and public transport problems.

The report showed without much surprise that Syria’s war-torn capital, Damascus, continues to languish at the bottom of the list, with an overall score of 30.7 per cent. It was followed by Bangladesh’s Dhaka and Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial centre.

In 2017, Lagos was ranked the second worst city to live in after Damascus.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/280081-lagos-third-worst-city-to-live-eiu-report.html

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Stop being unnecessarily defensive.
Bourdillon is trash compared to medium income areas of any city that Lagos likes to be seen as.
Name the cities and countries.

Bear in mind that Nigeria is not a first or second world country, neither is Nigeria a very rich country.

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tiger28: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Not impressed.....Check out ORDINARY Gaborone,Botwana or Kigali, Rwanda.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by LZAA: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
excuse me you dont know anything about lagos development by your first comment, lagos state doesnt have enough space and land to cater to for the mass migration .over 5 millions cars on lagos roads, over 21millions people of which a lot re destitute constituing nuisance. There can only be sanity if lagos is decongested.
Other states govs too should work to improve economic activities in their respective states.
Lagos can't continue cater for their people while they collect Abuja allocation without doing anything
Oga please keep quiet
Lagos was the former NATIONAL capital
If u think it's just gonna collapse cuz the capital was moved to anuja u are in lala land
The capital of Brazil is Brasilia but ask most peeps and they will say rio
There is nothing special about lagos

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Crownstar01: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
tareigns:

Bros, I haven't been to Togo sef. Just show us your journey memoir's... Even if its 3 pictures. Please make sure you are in them
I have nothing to prove here but meet me in person, then you know that I have lived abroad, in world class cities. Lagos is not a world class city. Not even in top 50.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Femsyn(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhPI38MJ1tg

Not to burst anyone's bubbles. Attached is a virtual tour of Toronto, ON.

Compare and make your conclusion.

Personally, I saw a couple of places there that looks exactly like Marina, Lagos.
Comparing Bourdillon to slums in some Countries is quite overreaching.

There's YouTube to view these cities virtually, without stepping foot.

Great cities by the way.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Propsvilla:
Nothing much have changed from the way the white left Lagos...

You are wrong. An AWFUL LOT has changed in Lagos since 1960. The infrastructure is 100 times more than it was.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
hedonister:
Also checkout ALLEN AVENUE, LAGOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5k5ZIz4nM

First time I’m not seeing post of potholes on Nairaland. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
fredylee:
Calling on our ever listening Governor Sanwo-Olu to restore the street lights that disappeared after Ambode's departure.

Don’t you know how to contact the local government councillors and chairman of the area as well as the state assembly lawmakers

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by IBvoss(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crownstar01:
Lagos is the place to beat? What a bombshell!!

Your education is indeed faulty. Do you know Lagos is one of the dirtiest cities in the world?

If you're smart you'd probably know I was talking about states in Nigeria and not Internationally and as I said before, Lagos is not perfect. Its poor waste management and drainage system is one of its weak points.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by AerialMapper: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Slum!

Overhead electricity wires and you call this affluent. Drive through Katampe Extension and see what a proper affluent area should look like

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
tiger28:
Not impressed.....Check out ORDINARY Gaborone,Botwana or Kigali, Rwanda.

Did you just compare ONE STREET in Lagos with ENTIRE CITIES elsewhere?

Talk about low IQ.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by lastclaire4(f): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Looks like a ghetto area in Singapore

You lie!
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Btruth: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
nothing spectacular jare!

wink
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by afroxyz: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

If anything I have traveled to Most GCC countries, and UK and I can tell you for free Ikoyi, VI, Banana island, Asokoro , Maitamah and Eko Atlantic all have as much infrastructure as you can get in top world class real estate

Either you are suffering from inferiority complex or just an Ipob, regardless you need to travel more

Please just shatap

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ehissi(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
Make rain fall first.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Crownstar01: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

One of the worst places to live in the world.

So glad that he can read it.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by bigfish3k: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

If anything I have traveled to Most GCC countries, and UK and I can tell you for free Ikoyi, VI, Banana island, Asokoro , Maitamah and Eko Atlantic all have as much infrastructure as you can get in top world class real estate

Either you are suffering from inferiority complex or just an Ipob, regardless you need to travel more

Be deceiving your self
Does Lagos have centralized sewage disposal system, centralized cooking gas distribution system, standard waste disposal system, portable water system, 24/7electricity, street lights that always work, good drainage, wide roads with parking space along its stretch, agbero free roads etc.
Let me just stop here because I just don't understand your basis of comparison of Lagos with the first world countries

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Lastmankc:
You're so pathetic, I pity your future
From your use of gutter language, I can tell you are going through a really rough time.

Get well soon.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rossinky:
You are wrong. An AWFUL LOT has changed in Lagos since 1960. The infrastructure is 100 times more than it was.

Infrastructure like the supply of electricity, water, clean and clear gutters, gardens and green spaces, most children in government schools

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Lastmankc:
You're so pathetic, I pity your future

He is saying the truth. You must have a VERY LOW IQ to be comparing the UAE to Nigeria given the population demographics and respect oil wealth of both nations.

You claim to be educated yet you still reason like a donkey.

6 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by lastclaire4(f): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
AerialMapper:
Slum!

Overhead electricity wires and you call this affluent. Drive through Katampe Extension and see what a proper affluent area should look like

Who says Katampe extension dont have overheads? You dont see so many because it is not as busy as Ikoyi. Katampe with empty houses.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by afroxyz: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:

If you're smart you'd probably know I was talking about states in Nigeria and not Internationally and as I said before, Lagos is not perfect. Its poor waste management and drainage system is one of its weak points.

Travelling is an antidote to ignorance. Please endeavour to do so in your life time.

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Crownstar01: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Be deceiving your self
Does Lagos have centralized sewage disposal system, centralized cooking gas distribution system, standard waste disposal system, portable water system, 24/7electricity, street lights that always work, good drainage, wide roads with parking space along its stretch, agbero free roads etc.
Let me just stop here because I just don't understand your basis of comparison of Lagos with the first world countries

He's good-for-nothing. He feels he can make folks like us accept "mediocrity."

7 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by marylandcakes: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Once I heard Bourdillon.... Bullion Van came straight to my mind. grin grin grin

Same here

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tareigns(m): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:
So much hatred and Inferiority attitude shown towards Lagos. Most of these haters are those who come from outside lagos and have been told times without number, the places where they come from are 'villages' or unable to compared to Lagos. This has created within them a subconcious jealously and envious hatred towards Lagos, which they themselves may be oblivious to but is easily noted by others.

The truth is that Lagos isn't perfect. It has its own strong and weak points just like other places but when it comes to Infrastructure and Urban Development, Lagos is the place to beat. It isn't about which area is more beautiful than the other, it is about how many beautiful areas does it have? Every state has its own urban centers or high-brow areas but having only two or three urbanized regions, no matter how wonderful they are, when the remaining majority of the state's territory are towns, villages and slums, doesn't make the state better or even comparable to Lagos.

Even though Lagos has it's own fair share of slums, it is a small, highly urbanized area that has no towns, villages, and a good, Developed to Underdeveloped Ratio. It's not like other places where only 10-20% of it's total area are urbanized, while the rest are villages and towns with shabby Infrastructure and surrounded by nature.

I bless you today with this prayer.... More wisdom to you through your creator. They are so filled with hate, yet they come in their droves every single day in those Marco Polo buses to hustle in the same place they show hatred to. It's a pity. How I wish NL was like insta or Badoo where you get to verify your pic and location. Most of these mofos that come here to rant rubbish are hustling under Bridges and slums in Lagos praying everyday to God to hear their prayers and cries in this same Lagos. E sure for them na him dem no go back their towns/villages go hustle? Hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by afroxyz: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Be deceiving your self

Don't mind him. Lagos is the best place he has been to

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:

Why limit yourself to states in Nigeria, when the government keeps building things to world standard?
Does your limitation make sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by macaranta(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
People from the poverty capital of the south have started venting hatred, bitterness and frustration on the place like it was bourdillion that make their land prone to erosion desecration

Do you own a house in Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? / Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Visa Requirements For Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.