Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (56412 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? / Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by yemi1504: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
merieam16:
guess u'll fund her to do wat u stated above.u cant feasibly suggest dat to sum1 looking 4 a job

Abi o, he thinks there are still pro Bono human rights lawyers in this useless country not knowing such lawyers died, the day Gani Fawehinmi went to his grave bikonu!
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by nedzuby: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
Greatzeus:

Tell us the job you applied for,that demanded you been a born again to perform it. I don't believe your nicely written story. Unless you applied for a clergy work in a church or in a company owned and run with church resources,eg mission schools, church publishing outlets etc.

Gbam!!!

He is seeking for attention. What job did he apply for and which call came from Europe.

People should learn to question some stories/information before making emotional statements

To me the op has succeeded in fooling people through emotional blackmailOmg them yo believe his lies

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by winkmart: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
ok
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by michealdeco: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

This says it all tueh..
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by luvme0702: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
As if it's one's denomination that will guarantee heaven and not our personal relationship with God. The recent story of the pastor who shot his wife dead in Florida shows what being born again means abi? Judgement will surely start from the church. Mtshew. My brother don't worry, God will give you a job meant for you that would be far better than the nonsense company.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Bluffly: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.
Obviously it's a religion related job, and I do not expect them to do ortherwise.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by yemi1504: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Scarfin:
Hahaha
If this actually happened, then you've hit a gold mine.

While this is a sad unfortunate story, op doesn't need a penny to make a guaranteed fortune from this. I know two agencies that will take this case up and make a real fortune out of it.

They will gladly ruin the company �

What agencies o bro? I am interested, SOBIC And Company refused to pay my salary, I want to ruin that company also!
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by obonujoker(m): 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kenmatt:
My dear, I have to talk to you like a brother, there is no "locus standing" on the legal war someone advised you on.

An employer has stated his "modus operandi" in connection to hiring an employee.

Truthfully, you didn't fit into what he wants. As a Catholic, you are a Christian by religion but you are not a born again Christian.

There is no need to pamper the gospel truth.

Lol... Can you tell us what makes a church born again??
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Jebosh(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Same way one of my friend told me that they can't give me contract or job at Babcock because am not 7th day Adventist.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by pseudonomer: 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

My story is not for everybody, I'm just here to let people know my ordeal.

My reason for posting this is not to garner cheap like, but to let people know that even where people think they would find solace, they are being rejected there too.

If you like believe or not, I'm not here to force it on you.

Have a nice day

Like the guy said, tell us the job you applied for that requires you to be a born again Christian. Unless it's a clergy job, or a company run by a church or missionary related.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Cheeryfeet: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
The man is right. Sorry. The Roman Catholic christains are not born again and baptism by sprinkling is not baptism. True baptism is by immersion, fully dipped inside the water.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Olarewaju89: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
MikeMicheal:
What if you were an atheist, and you told them that God does not exist? grin

IDIOTS

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by phlopholly: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Olalan:
It's quite unfortunate when people get judged based on religious and ethnic beliefs
He didn't get judged. He simply did not meet the requirements set for the job.
If the requirement was to be a chartered accountant or any other professional requirement and he doesnt possess such. Would you say he was judged.?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ikennamurphy: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Xeeex:
grin

There is segregation between blacks but if someone says that he wants to travel abroad dream killers will come and be saying, 'what about the racism in the country? '

They are focused on racism in a White mans land that is working but they forget the tribalism and segregation here

grin

There is segregation between blacks but if someone says that he wants to travel abroad dream killers will come and be saying, 'what about the racism in the country? '

They are focused on racism in a White mans land that is working but they forget the tribalism and segregation here

Leave them naw
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by micflo28(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Brother I am a proud Catholic. Don't worry, the best of jobs will locate you. Glad he admitted that you have the experience, capitalize on that and a company that needs that and nothing more will locate you. This is a lesson to us young people not to use this same archaic template to judge people when we get up there. Better luck brother.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by gentlegenius(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
dxdiag:
My dear, don't sleep on it.
Move on, your own God's destined job will locate you without any stress. Keep pressing forward, don't give up.
Las, las we go gather turn up celebrate your new found job.
God's destined job or Mary's destined job?
Do you know that some Catholics believe more in Mary than they believe in God?
Actually, I don't like it when people pay too much attention to the religions of these world as if they determine who we are. I don't also like the way some people believe too much in jobs as if it is the only means of survival.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Angelfrost(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
What a lie... A poorly scripted lie!!! grin
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by humilitypays(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.
the problem is not your church. The employer is scared of Nigerians and their kleptomaniac attitude towards their employers revenue and profit. Many Nigerian workers are thieves shocked

But in your interviewer's misconception, he thought Pentecostal applicants won't steal but he forgot that some Pentecostal Christians steal even from the Church purse.

So many Nigerians lack integrity with money; Christians oh, Muslims oh, Pagans oh, everybody want to buy benz and it's killing the nation
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by TechSkill: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Well, if we lived in a saner clime, that company can be sued. Wetin concern religion for this kind matter?
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ikennamurphy: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
U1:
It's a bit surprising that some people didn't believe the narrative. Believe it or not, such can happen!

What if the organization in question is owned by a faith-based entity? There is this thing with religious people (of whatever faith) to often want to relate almost exclusively with their own.

And in case you're not aware, many other Christians don't consider Catholics as true Christians. Go figure.
Funny enough they all broke away from Catholic Church

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Think9ja(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Fake stories everywhere on this site

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ayotemide:
I am going to need receipts that this happened. I find it hard to believe. An European county with it's almost atheist population asking you to verify if you are born again is synonymous to Buhari suddenly being proactive in Nigeria. That is impossible.

Receipts please. So whatever legal action you want to take can be pushed for you to the far heavens.
Your GUESS is as Good as mine.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by OtemAtum: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

My brother, many members of other christian denominations may find it impossible to ever forgive the Catholic church because of what happened between them many years back. More than 8 million people were killed when the Catholic church was refusing the existence of other church denominations. You can google search the 'Thirty Year War'. It is a war of the catholic against the Lutherans, Methodists, Anglicans etc and more than 8 million people lost their lives to the fight.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by 4tomandchi: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
The discrimination in Christianity alone is enough to end the world.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ikennamurphy: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
mumjosh:

Exactly. The job descriptions states faith based. So they needed born again christian.
Lol.. Which one is born again Christian again.. Only God knows who's born again.. Is not by church
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by jrusky(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Helloo oga say it again. Are you saying the interview is a foreign one i mean from Europe If yes is your answer bro sorry cant belief your story. Mind you there are many europa in this forum biko slow down, those who interviewed are Hushpuppy gang, no European company will ask your baptismal status when you are not applying for pastor or Rev job.

Pls I grew up in that continent your statement is alien to my understanding. No offence pls.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Imagine the rants the bigots will pour out if the job is from S/Arabia asking to confirm if he's Muslim!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by kingxsamz(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

My story is not for everybody, I'm just here to let people know my ordeal.

My reason for posting this is not to garner cheap like, but to let people know that even where people think they would find solace, they are being rejected there too.

If you like believe or not, I'm not here to force it on you.

Have a nice day

Oga tell us the job you applied for, so people don't waste their time commenting.
This is not a religious section.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Even though say I be ATHEIST, I still respect the Catholic Church.....it's the best ever.....

Other denominations like accusing Catholics of not being true Christians even though the Catholic Church teaches with the Bible unlike them Pentecostals.........

Oremus........

Pater noster qui es in Caelis.......

I love the Latin hymns .... they're so lovely...

No fear, you'll get a better job......

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by frozen70(f): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Don't mind them, they would have restricted their search to their church members only
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by ComeToJesus: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Does the organisation has no name? If you are calling them out for them to mend their ways, you should be bold about it. Why are you keeping the details obscure?

At best, it's a vague and nondescript claim.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Queenyprinxex(f): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Some bloody dimwits will believe this concocted lies especially if you haven't left the shores of your country or perhaps your continent.
Born and raised here in the US and I have been and stayed in almost all the European states on the map.
No European company, small or big will reject you on the basis of religious chasms, even some religious bodies do not even go that deep let alone a secular organization.
That nonsensical trash ends in Africa.
You are just an attention-seeking lying machine.
Wunmi590.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.