Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? (22890 Views)

Poll: Ladies, Can u marry a very short man?

Yes: 36% (12 votes)
No: 45% (15 votes)
Only if he's very rich: 18% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies Can You Date A Guy Shorter Than You / Can You Marry Lady That Is Far Shorter Than You / Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Atreides(f): 12:26am On Feb 20, 2011
Why would i marry someone shorter than me? I prolly wont date a shorter guy in the first place so marriage wont be an option.
Short guy? So that he'll have to climb on stool to kiss me,shey?
I'm scared of short guys oh. Some of them have massive inferiority complexes;always overcompensating for their height deficiency.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 12:29am On Feb 20, 2011
Tosinville:

^^^Refering to what Mrs.chima just said.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

What kind of shysty backside option is "if he's rich?"
this "women are gold diggers" *ish is getting ancient!

anyway i sure would. dated a guy i was taller than before
(the Liberian) and he made up for his short stature in other ways! grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 12:33am On Feb 20, 2011
Tall Woman + Shorter Man

They Still Get Hooked Together – but they deal with it differently

Janet Jackson/Jermaine Dupri
Rod Stewart/Penny Lancaster
Sylvester Stallone/Brigitte Nelson
Jamie Cullum/Sophie Dahl
Uma Thurman/Ethan Hawke

Sylvester Stallone – 5’9 and ½ [wore elevator shoes 4-5 inches in height]
Married Brigitte Nielsen – 6’1 – barefoot

[img]http://www.nationalnewsbureau.com/Celebs/HJK&Sly.jpg[/img]

Sylvester Stallone – 5’9 and ½ [wore elevator shoes 4-5 inches in height]
Married Brigitte Nielsen – 6’1 – barefoot

Jamie Cullum – Musician -
Married Sophie Dahl – Model – 5’11

Jamie Cullum - Musician
Married Sophie Dahl – Model – 5’11

----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.metrolyrics.com/2009-jamie-cullum-finds-comments-about-height-differerence-with-girlfriend-sophie-dahl-strange-news.html

(Jazz singer Jamie Cullum has said he finds it "strange" that the press comment on his relationship with 5ft 11in model Sophie Dahl.

Jamie, 30, is seven inches shorter than fiancee Sophie, 32, and he said that the height difference is "not a problem" between them.

He said: "I mostly ignore things, because it's so real, the love, and I don't feel as though [the press] impacts on my life.

"And the only thing about the size difference that makes me a bit sad is that I think it sends out a really weird message to the universe, [the idea that it's] a problem to people.

"It's clearly not a problem to us, and it never has been. And I find it strange that it would be reported in such a way."wink
----------------------------------------------

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy-KUn8ybE0TXgIv0JHogjDk7GFnqPvmEl3iZZjCuc8QBuuK7xBw&t=1[/img]

Ethan Hawke- 5’ 10 and ½ - Actor – Training Day with Denzel Washington and many other movies
Uma Thurman – 6’0 – Actress (Kill Bill Series, Pulp Fiction – many, many movies)

Jermaine Dupri – 5’3
Janet Jackson – 5’4 – barefoot – always wore 3-5 inch heels or higher
(Stayed Together 7 years)

Tom Cruise – 5’7
Current Wife Katie Holmes – 5’9

Jerry “Turtle” Ferrera – 5’7 - Actor
Jamie-Lynn Sigler

Nicolas Sarcozy – 5’5 - President of France
Married Carla Bruni-Sarcozy – 5’9 – 1st Lady of France

Bernie Ecclestone - 5’3 - Britain’s 10th richest man – Chief of Formula One
Married Slavica Ecclestone – 6’2”

Rod Stewart – Famous Musician – 5’8 – but claimed to be 5’10 for many years
Married Penny Lancaster-Stewart – 6’1

Despite his lack of height, Rod has never had trouble attracting beauties. Before meeting Penny, he was previously married to New Zealand model Rachel Hunter (5’10) and catwalk beauty Alana Hamilton (5’9) and has dated model Dee Harrington and screen icon Britt Ekland (5’5).
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 12:36am On Feb 20, 2011
Shyone,

Is your fiance short?
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Atreides(f): 12:37am On Feb 20, 2011
@mrs c,yes her fiancee is. She's said so.
Btw-Hi momma!
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 12:38am On Feb 20, 2011
These women don't look like the mothers of the men

The majority of these shorter men have much more $$$ than the women

So to whatever poster thinks that these tall beauties are paying shorter men to be with them - that poster is off base TOTALLY.

These are powerful, sexy, good looking and CONFIDENT about who they are - they don't fear what others think - because they know that 9 times out 10 others want what they have.  You can believe they aren't being laughed at - their circle of friends and observers definitely admire and welcome them where-ever they go.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 12:39am On Feb 20, 2011
Hey Mrs. C:

My fiance is shorter than I - he isn't short - no - he stands 5'7
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 12:42am On Feb 20, 2011
Atreides:

@mrs c,yes her fiancee is. She's said so. You will have to forgive momma, I am always skim reading.  It is a habit that I picked up in school and 9 out of 10 it always worked for me.
Btw-Hi momma!

Hey baby!  How are you?  I see you don't date shorties either.  Your papi is tall and I love it!  grin tongue

Okay, Shyone.  5'7 to 5'8 considers to be average in the modeling world.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 12:44am On Feb 20, 2011
Atreides:

@mrs c,yes her fiancee is. She's said so.
Btw-Hi momma!

Hey A:

Correction: I haven't said anything - I just listed our heights

He isn't short - he stands 5'7

His height is shorter than mine - I stand 5'10
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 1:17am On Feb 20, 2011

Salman Rushdie
Pia Glenn
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 20, 2011
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvo1H-Fl5EEh3Z0KTyD2Wi3Z480zJdrSdk4Zn0IEoxm4kGqlsYIA[/img] [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhXGhkdFud6vxq4pPRI65pL4kVP_IoYzbSQitgrv5QWj2ZtFuo[/img]

[Bow Wow & Ciara]
been broken up some years now but still HILARIOUS to see!  grin grin
[2nd pic.] is' Bow Weezy' on his tippy teezy?  grin grin LMAO!
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 20, 2011
^^^ LOL, looks like Ciara could just pick him up in her arms

@post
Hell no
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 2:07am On Feb 20, 2011
oooo mzdskn

Ciara and Bow Wow not even in the same class - she dresses classy and he doesn't even look like a man - she looks like a woman and he looks like a young boy - height isn't their problem

age looks like the culprit to me - if he were dressed in a suit or similar to her - they would be a nice couple - get rid of the braids and look like a man
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Pweety4me(f): 2:17am On Feb 20, 2011
@OP I pray to not start what i can not finish o!
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 2:28am On Feb 20, 2011
You wrong for that Mz. Dark! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by aminalib(f): 3:35am On Feb 20, 2011
well i am 5*3, i prefer tall men but i could date a shorter guy the shortest would be 5*7, short men usually have big bozaks grin
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You wrong for that Mz. Dark!   grin grin grin grin grin grin

lmao! hey, I call it like I see it. That was hilarious.
I hated it when they showed those two on the "red carpet"
(black if its on BET  grin grin).

@Amina SOOOO true. Most short men are bleeeeeessed! (unless they are Asian  tongue)
that is why i have a thing for Ghanaian men.  grin Talk about endowed.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Pweety4me(f): 4:37am On Feb 20, 2011
aminalib:

well i am 5*3, i prefer tall men but i could date a shorter guy the shortest would be 5*7, short men usually have big bozaks grin

U must ave seen a lot of them then. smiley lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by yankite(m): 5:37am On Feb 20, 2011
"the choice is yours until you are 30"

grin grin grin grin ;Ddude that statement alone is worth a million buck men grin grin grin
dude u crack me up so bad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by aminalib(f): 6:15am On Feb 20, 2011
Pweety4me:

U must ave seen a lot of them then. smiley lipsrsealed

sharrrrrup
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 7:03am On Feb 20, 2011
Yall heffas better branch out cos there are tall men with some cobras. That what I heard. embarassed
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Atreides(f): 7:57am On Feb 20, 2011
@shyone,i meant you said he was shorter than you.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by aminalib(f): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Yall heffas better branch out cos there are tall men with some cobras. That what I heard. embarassed

of course there is, there are also many tall men with nothing between their leg, a waste of skin
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Coolabbie: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2011
@topic
dere is no way dats gonna happen. No offence 2 d short guyz but i want a guy dat i can luk up at & not one i can luk down on (pun intended)
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by ShyOne(f): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
oooo

height has nothing to do with looking up or down on someone

how many tall men do you know that have accomplished very little, aren't supportive of their mates or families that live in U.S.?

I know a heap of them and though they tower above me physically - I definitely can and have looked down on them at some time or other.

but i do understand what you are trying to convey on a so-called physical level - I am not trying to undermine or diss your post

my baby is 5'7 and he towers over me - i look up to him on sooo many different levels

cool   cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by sexylogan(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
Shy-One:

oooo

height has nothing to do with looking up or down on someone

how many tall men do you know that have accomplished very little, aren't supportive of their mates or families that live in U.S.?

I know a heap of them and though they tower above me physically - I definitely can and have looked down on them at some time or other.

but i do understand what you are trying to convey on a so-called physical level - I am not trying to undermine or diss your post

my baby is 5'7 and he towers over me - i look up to him on sooo many different levels

cool   cheesy
Shy-One's definitely in Love. I Love Love Stories like this. Nice. smiley That's the way it shud be.
wink wink wink cool
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2011
This is the question to all those who are online dating and engaged.

As Deniyor so eloquently (paraphrasing) put it that ONLINE image fools a lot of people and most people differs offline from what they are online.

How would you feel if the person whom you are dating and engaged to DIFFERS from their online image? Would you still date them or marry them after meeting them finally in person knowing they have lied about their height and weight?

I can say that every 7 foot tall man or woman is not the same and what if they aren't what they portrayed to be physically would you still continue to date them?

Be honest. It is the best way to go.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MiniDee: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2011
Nice thread here,getting to hear other opinions.I am 1.83m tall(6 feet),i can marry a guy i am slightly taller than if i love him.But when the height difference is too much ,i wont even date u at all.
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by Iranoladun(f): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
What's height got to do with love & marriage?
Re: Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? by MrsChima(f): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2011
Iranoladun:

What's height got to do with love & marriage?

Some people have preferences of who they want to marry. There are people who want to marry a short guy/girl or a tall guy/girl.

Like Tina said, What's love gotta do with anything?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Your Partner Asks For The Car He/She Gave You, After Breakup / 10 Things A Girl Must Not Do In Front Of Her Man / What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.