Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Benefits Of Drinking Stout - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Benefits Of Drinking Stout (19781 Views)

Effects Of Drinking Garri For 4days Straight / Does Hot Guinness Stout Remove Pregnancy Of Two Weeks / Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Exactly... cooked wella. U are learning fast cheesy

Lol I Sabi.
How U been anyway dairykid. Hope u been well

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol I Sabi.
How U been anyway dairykid. Hope u been well
Hahaha clear matters... Been good n u? how's Down under today cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Hahaha clear matters... Been good n u? how's Down under today cheesy

Yeah cold as usual here in tas. Lucky you with nice weather most the time�
I been good. The dr's put mum on a new oxygen machine at home n my bro still smokes inside n it can explode n he don't care so am stressing bout being blown up� seriously I am tho.
Wat U been upto oga lol

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Yeah cold as usual here in tas. Lucky you with nice weather most the time�
I been good. The dr's put mum on a new oxygen machine at home n my bro still smokes inside n it can explode n he don't care so am stressing bout being blown up� seriously I am tho.
Wat U been upto oga lol
I can only imagine the cold.. Yeah i love the weather here cheesy Sorry abt ur mum but do u think ur brother knows the implications of his smoking inside? You need to be careful.
Nothing much.. just trying to be up n positive daily. Living life deliberately on my own terms lately. Its all good

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Sorry abt ur mum but do u think ur brother knows the implications of his smoking inside? You need to be careful.
Nothing much.. just trying to be up n positive daily. Living life deliberately on my own terms lately. Its all good

Am glad Ur doing good. Yeah my bro thinks having his bedroom door shut makes a difference but it don't cos it's be the same as a gas leak n a lot cigarette. He's just selfish and lazy. Both my brother's live here at mums. They're both lazy asses.
The youngest one just smokes weed all day n drinks alcohol every day too. They too lazy to work. They sit around all day make mess n do nothing.
I been trying to stay positive too but living in crowded house with lazy ppl is depressing. Do U live by yourself?
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Am glad Ur doing good. Yeah my bro thinks having his bedroom door shut makes a difference but it don't cos it's be the same as a gas leak n a lot cigarette. He's just selfish and lazy. Both my brother's live here at mums. They're both lazy asses.
The youngest one just smokes weed all day n drinks alcohol every day too. They too lazy to work. They sit around all day make mess n do nothing.
I been trying to stay positive too but living in crowded house with lazy ppl is depressing. Do U live by yourself?
Wow.. they're all staying at ur mums without doing anything? It must really be hard living with them.. Yep been living by myself almost 10 years now. This is the third city i moved in n i been here since 2018 n I like it here. Just what i need.. well almost smiley Always be positive tho it helps u see things clearly cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Wow.. they're all staying at ur mums without doing anything? It must really be hard living with them.. Yep been living by myself almost 10 years now. This is the third city i moved in n i been here since 2018 n I like it here. Just what i need.. well almost smiley Always be positive tho it helps u see things clearly cheesy

Yeah I try. It's hard. My mum's here, my teenage son, my two bros n one of their sons who's seven and sometimes his daughter who's five. It's a madhouse lol. I like quiet plus they make so much housework for me to do.
Yeah I've moved all around Australia in my lifetime. Western Australia, south Australia, Queensland, Sydney, Melbourne n always come back to Tassie. Lived in those places in all different cities n towns more than a few times each. Mostly as a kid wen my parents moved us around alot. Yeah Ur from Benin originally yeah? Do U miss it

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Yeah I try. It's hard. My mum's here, my teenage son, my two bros n one of their sons who's seven and sometimes his daughter who's five. It's a madhouse lol. I like quiet plus they make so much housework for me to do.
Yeah I've moved all around Australia in my lifetime. Western Australia, south Australia, Queensland, Sydney, Melbourne n always come back to Tassie. Lived in those places in all different cities n towns more than a few times each. Mostly as a kid wen my parents moved us around alot. Yeah Ur from Benin originally yeah? Do U miss it
Its definitely going to be alot of house work for u.. I'm from uromi ( in same state as benin) by blood on my dad's side while my mum is benin although i was born n brought up in Benin by my parents so its home and its where the main family house is..Sometimes i miss it but then whenever i go visiting on holidays i quickly get tired and can't wait to leave cheesy I haven't been there in like 2 years now

You got a teenage son shocked u must have been very young when u had him? Check ur mail

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Its definitely going to be alot of house work for u.. I'm uromi ( in same state as benin) by blood on my dad's side while my mum is benin although i was born n brought up in Benin by my parents so its home. Sometimes i miss it but then whenever i go visiting on holidays i quickly get tired and can't wait to leave cheesy I haven't been there in like 2 years now

You got a teenage son shocked u must have been very young when u had him?

Yeah I was young. Hes just turned 15.
He's learning guitar atm. He's got really good too. He plays acoustic and electric. He's either on that or on his PlayStation or sleeping lol. He's over a head taller than me n can pick me up n throw me over his shoulder n I can't get away lol. U got any kids?
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Yeah I was young. Hes just turned 15.
He's learning guitar atm. He's got really good too. He plays acoustic and electric. He's either on that or on his PlayStation or sleeping lol. He's over a head taller than me n can pick me up n throw me over his shoulder n I can't get away lol. U got any kids?

Lol.. nice to know. Sounds like a great kid too. No kids for me yet at least none that I'm aware of
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Lol.. nice to know. Sounds like a great kid too. No kids for me yet at least none that I'm aware of

Lol nun Ur aware of. Yeah he's a good kid very smart especially seeing he hardly attends school. He gets anxiety.
U got a gf or U just focusing on work?
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol nun Ur aware of. Yeah he's a good kid very smart especially seeing he hardly attends school. He gets anxiety.
U got a gf or U just focusing on work ?

Not at the moment.. not really
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Not at the moment.. not really

Lol not really.
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol not really.
Yeah... I'm not seeing any one in particular. I'm single rn
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Dnockeror333(m): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:
A whole meal in a glass...

I should have posted this on health or food section but posting it here would reach out more.

I was checking on causes of colon cancer following the death of actor Chadwick Boseman (the Black Panther guy ) and one thing led to another i stumbled upon stout.. I'm not advertising or promoting, and I'm a strong 33" lager guy but read below and enjoy grin

While drinking too much can have detrimental effects on your health, we thought we’d take a look at the benefits of stout when this drink is enjoyed responsibly.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————–

STOUT CONTAINS ANTIOXIDANTS!

Yes, that’s right! And although they’re in all beers, stout contains nearly twice the amount of antioxidants found in light-coloured lagers. Stout is packed with flavonoids, the antioxidants that give fruit and vegetables their dark colour.

Antioxidants are molecules that neutralise free radicals – unstable molecules that can harm your cells. We usually find them in foods such as raspberries, kale and artichokes – amidst many other fruits, vegetables and nuts. The health benefits associated with a diet packed with plants are at least partially due to the variety of antioxidants they provide your body!

Getting enough antioxidants in your system is great for your heart. Slowing down the deposit of cholesterol on artery walls, this can help reduce blood clots and the risk of heart attacks.

——————————————————————————

STRONG BONES

Taking Guinness as an example, one pint is one per cent calcium, which can boost bone health. A study in 2009 found drinking beer in moderation can help improve bone mineral density, which is a large risk factor in osteoporosis. On top of building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract and our hearts to keep beating!

VITAMINS AND IRON

According to an article from the Institute of Brewing, a pint of Guinness is full of nutrients, including all the B vitamins, except B12. Vitamins play a vital role in helping our bodies convert food into fuel. Three pints of stout will give you roughly the equivalent of a single yolk egg and contain 3% of an adult’s recommended daily dose of iron, which can help boost your energy levels if you’re feeling a bit sluggish.

THE LIGHTER OPTION

Although we don’t initially think of beer as a lighter option, stout is around 50 calories less than other beers – even with the average 8% abv!

BLACK VELVET – A WEIRDLY DELICIOUS AND ROYAL COCKTAIL

Taking a whopping 119.53 seconds (on average) to pour perfectly, it will definitely be worth the wait! If you’re a little more impatient you may want to try stout with sparkling wine. Yes, we’re serious. Commonly known as a “Black Velvet”, the drink was first concocted by the bartender of Brooks’s Club in London in 1861, to mourn the death of Prince Albert. Achieved with a champagne flute of sparkling wine, topped with flat stout to give it the dark, eerie look.

BE RESPONSIBLE

Although we’ve discussed the benefits of stout, we strongly advise being sensible and drinking in moderation. To keep health risks to a low level if you drink on a regular basis, men and women are advised to not routinely drink more than 14 units a week.

So there u have it.. Pop a can, open a bottle and drink stout responsibly because me right now done port grin

Source :
https://goodhealthcentre.co.uk/osteopathy-leeds-2/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20that's%20right!,found%20in%20light-coloured%20lagers.

How does it taste? Is it better or milky or sweet or watery? I have never tried beer before��

Tell me, I will think to try out one! �
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Origin is the worst kind of beer to consume if u plan on living healthy. She wise cheesy

How?

Do u mean orijin bitters or what
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 03, 2020
Pimpmaride:

How?

Do u mean orijin bitters or what
The bitters and beer contains too much artificial sugars. Switch to Alomo fast
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Burgerlomo: 6:49am On Sep 03, 2020
cool
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2020
dairykidd:

The bitters and beer contains too much artificial sugars. Switch to Alomo fast

Wait oo, as orijin bitter like dt, sugar still dey there??
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Wait oo, as orijin bitter like dt, sugar still dey there??
Yes... origin no be real BITTERS u no fit compare to alomo. Alomo is just like ordinary pure bitters mixed with alcohol
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 05, 2020
Dnockeror333:

How does it taste? Is it better or milky or sweet or watery? I have never tried beer before��

Tell me, I will think to try out one! �

Guinness stout has a malty sweetness and a hoppy bitterness, with notes of coffee and chocolate. A roasted flavor also comes through, courtesy of the roasted unmalted barley that goes into its brewing. It has a sweet nose, with hints of malt breaking through, and its palate is smooth, creamy, and balanced.. Dayummmm i need me a glass of cold stout to kick start this lazy weekend cheesy

You should try one too or u can start with the extra smooth brand if u prefer sweet taste over the real blend or dilute with malt if ur taste buds are not yet matured to grasp the wonderfully crafted blend cool

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Ucee1999: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2020
dairykidd:

Lol.. somebody when dey drink 8 bottles of beer daily u go know say that one never get sense. Na real step down grin 2 bottles take relax for evenings dey very okay.. Any man when dey drink and vomit / stagger na bastard and not fit to be called a man. Real men are responsible drinkers

please what of star radler? Does it have any side effect when taken in excess?
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ucee1999:

please what of star radler? Does it have any side effect when taken in excess?
Isn't it that sweet beer? Ahh.. e no dey high na. Naim we take dey stepdown highness those days as a young drinker. That thing na mineral na sad

Excessive use of anything is bad talk more of what contains artificial substances
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by SATANNIST: 12:11am On Oct 01, 2020
dairykidd:
A whole meal in a glass...

I should%20light-coloured%20lagers.
can i take it then Bleep your mama?
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 1:34am On Oct 01, 2020
nellyelitz:
This one strong o, but i like Legend stout sha. drink responsibly!

Legend Stout gives me headache
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by nellyelitz(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2020
DaudaTheSexyGuy:

Legend Stout gives me headache
oh sorry man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Boring, I Mean Very Boring. / Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? / “I Will Never Marry Or Date A Nigerian Woman Again!”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.