Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? (19382 Views)

An Ex Of Mine Narrated To Me Her Sugar Daddy Experience / My Younger Sister Received Break Fast From Her Ex Of 4 Months. / Lady Denies Ex Of Life-Time Career Opportunity; Fakes Rejection Letter In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Ifemelu80: 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hi,

My ex called me yesterday, out of the blue, after 14 years of radio silence.
He was my first love and I thought we were in a relationship for 3 years only to find out I was just his side piece to the side piece.
He broke up with me by blocking me on his phone and social media and that was it.

A mutual friend reached out to me about 2 weeks ago. We had also lost contact for years. We talked about everything but him.
So I was very surprised to get a call from him. He said the mutual friend told him about our reconnection so he also wanted to get in touch. We chatted for 10-15 mn, he asked me about my life and told me to save his contact.

Now, I'm wondering, why would a man call an ex girl friend he didn't really care about, after more than 10 years ? We were never close friends and don't have any common interests, personal or professional circle anymore, so what's the point

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by JASONjnr(m): 12:20am On Dec 01, 2023
I believe, you must have had your answers while typing this and you don't need anyone's opinion on what to do.

On why he contacted you, nobody will reveal anything that will be close to his intentions.

So, why not fold your hands and see what he brings.

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 12:25am On Dec 01, 2023
Sex
The sweetness and innocence he misused.
He wants it.

Maybe now Dem dey give am hot hot for him marriage.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by budaatum: 12:30am On Dec 01, 2023
He cared about what he took from you and thinks he can come back for more because he has not realised you have grown.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by thesicilian: 12:52am On Dec 01, 2023
You could have as well asked him this question anytime during the 10-15mins that you guys chatted

167 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Zonefree(m): 1:57am On Dec 01, 2023
thesicilian:
You could have as well asked him this question anytime during the 10-15mins that you guys chatted
She can't. She's already fantasizing wrapping her big head around his arms.

Okafor's law must be applied before second week of this month, I can stake my house rent on that.

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by illicit(m): 2:24am On Dec 01, 2023
Once debe

Always debe

๐Ÿ˜‹

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by TheWinterBird(f): 4:05am On Dec 01, 2023
Why not ask him? The only person who can answer that for you is him.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Kobicove(m): 6:31am On Dec 01, 2023
Do you have a child together?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by chacoonder(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2023
Maybe, he just realized how much he hurt you back then and wants to pacify you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by jeromestarks: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2023
I do that a lot.
Sometimes, I just want to refvck them. Other times, I just want someone to useless again and again. Nothing personal.

I hardly forgive wrong doings from girls. I always make sure they pay. Even if it took 10 years, they must pay bitterly (except they're dead).

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Karlifate: 8:19am On Dec 01, 2023
jeromestarks:
I do that a lot.
Sometimes, I just want to refvck them. Other times, I just want someone to useless again and again. Nothing personal.

I hardly forgive wrong doings from girls. I always make sure they pay. Even if it took 10 years, they must pay bitterly (except they're dead).

LMAO! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Dikastan: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2023
After talking with him for 15 minutes,you couldn't ask him the question. You are now asking us who don't know who you guys are. For you to give him audience for that long, I won't be surprised if you hook up with him especially if he has excess cash. Leave us alone please

45 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by nokspos: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2023
he's bored in his marriage and wanted some spice, you are still going to be the side chick, if a man doesn't love you, he will never love you no matter what you've become.

26 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by BigDawsNet: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

He was my first love and I thought we were in a relationship for 3 years only to find out I was just his side piece to the side piece.
He broke up with me by blocking me on his phone and social media and that was it.

A mutual friend reached out to me about 2 weeks ago. We had also lost contact for years. We talked about everything but him.
So I was very surprised to get a call from him. He said the mutual friend told him about our reconnection so he also wanted to get in touch. We chatted for 10-15 mn, he asked me about my life and told me to save his contact.

Now, I'm wondering, why would a man call an ex girl friend he didn't really care about, after more than 10 years ? We were never close friends and don't have any common interests, personal or professional circle anymore, so what's the point

I think his just trying to check on you and to shows he still remember you...
First love is always the sweetest...

My own ex which is also first love has gone radio silence for about 12years ... she doesn't exist in any social media platforms and I'm very positive she's well alive snd healthy . I hope I can get the opportunity to see her again and catch up from old times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by thesicilian: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2023
Zonefree:

She can't. She's already fantasizing wrapping her big head around his arms.

Okafor's law must be applied before second week of this month, I can stake my house rent on that.
They both know what they want to do yet she's here trying to deceive herself

13 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by EminiObayouknow: 10:21am On Dec 01, 2023
He wants to debe again. Once debe deserves another debe

15 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Ifemelu80: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2023
For those of you who kindly took their time to answer my question, thank you and:
- no, we donโ€™t have a child together
- I asked him why he contacted me he said he just wanted to talk
- Iโ€™m not even remotely interested in hooking up with him since I have someone in my life and heโ€™s married with 3 kids. Besides, I may not be the brightest woman out there but I still have enough pride to not get back with an ex, especially one who treated me like ish.
- I was genuinely interested in getting male perspective on what can make a man so oblivious or self centered or whatever to make a move like that.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by PerfectMan24: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2023
All i need is ur waist!
All i need is ur waist!!
ur waist!!!
ur waist!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by rickleye: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

Simple story is that he is not getting the intimacy you both had at home.
Something happened or is happening and he wants to feel some emotional connection during intimacy. Something he had with you.
He just wants to have sex with you if the opportunity presents itself.

With 3 kids he is likely getting sex with Madam as an afterthought. Itโ€™s no more passionate or organic but rather just stick and go . He was driving to work and said to himself โ€œ Should I continue to visit the brothel or call this babe ( YOU) and chat her up โ€œ

7 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Sirqt5(m): 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Na to sleep wit u again n dump u. Better forget him or u want to be a two-time single mother?

5 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by oluwaseyi0: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
For those of you who kindly took their time to answer my question, thank you and:
- no, we donโ€™t have a child together
- I asked him why he contacted me he said he just wanted to talk
- Iโ€™m not even remotely interested in hooking up with him since I have someone in my life and heโ€™s married with 3 kids. Besides, I may not be the brightest woman out there but I still have enough pride to not get back with an ex, especially one who treated me like ish.
- I was genuinely interested in getting male perspective on what can make a man so oblivious or self centered or whatever to make a move like that.

You are over engineering and over thinking it
He just reach out to say hi

He may be a little close to your friend that gave him your number and that may encourage him to reach out to you, but how you now carry the call on your head is suspectious from your end

It's not every thing you must read meaning to

Let the man breath unless you think it's a crime to call you

Get your eyes off him he's married

Also ignore all this nairaland misgonist kids

12 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Nwaokunkpara: 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Smackdown loading ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
An adage in my place said "Old Road, don't close".

If you know, you know.

8 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Boyooosa(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
For you to text this aloud, you still care....

If none of you is married, get to know HIM, if he's cool, try out something, if not discharge the whatever distraction....
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
lipsrsealed
I don't know why ..
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Falseprofet2: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
It won't end well if you allow any romantic inclination to come in.
Now, is your turn to block him and move on with your life
As per your question, you answered it already
"was genuinely interested in getting male perspective on what can make a man so oblivious or self centered or whatever to make a move like that".
he is all about himself
Being your first, he probably feels he can have a taste again.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by iamphilips(m): 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Kurumaru: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by FuckingMachine: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
To Bleep you again.
And he will since it aroused you so much as to open a thread on it.

8 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by jaxxy(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
only 2 reasons.

1. is okafors law.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by IMASTEX: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
Before you finally find out. Ensure you give him the natural tea to give you a mind blowing experience. CLICK HERE to know more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Seen The Ghanaian Slay Queen Whose Booty Can Cause Massive Accident / Police Arrest Teen Female Students During A Public Nake**d Photo Shoots (VIDEO) / Why Some Guys Hate Girls: Call Them Misogynists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.