Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract (37867 Views)

Roman Abramovich Requests Urgent Meeting With Lionel Messi’s Reps Over Transfer / Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France / Asisat Oshoala Pictured With Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
EmperorFred:
Rubbish
na u go spoil messi life
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by fredoooooo: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
Haaaa grin
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by gentle136(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
ekevwe:

Messi is even more greedy and ungrateful even if he is my best player on earth. Why should he want to leave as free agent? He club that made him from no where?
There is clause in his deal that allows him to leave on a free transfer at the end of the 2019-20 campaign.The buy out clause on Messi is too much, so if d two parties discuss reasonable i believe it will be a win win for d both sides.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by FamousMonk: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
Leo1994A:
CR7 has played for different clubs in different leagues and my friends keep one thing in mind that playing for a single club for many years is much easier than playing for multiple clubs were the conditions change accordingly.
I'm sure if we were to make a list of players who've played their entire career in a single club and that of players who change clubs frequently,the former will be very short while the latter will be endless..
Or should we try it?
If it is that easy,why are there only few players who've done it?
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ojaysam25(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
Messi is ungrateful,the club made him who he is,do his bidding,worship him like god but he is so selfish....his desire to win the UCL and more balor d hor is what he really care about not a club that take him as family.

If he must leave,he should have inform the club before now,barca will even respect him and give him a befitting farewell but he chose to leave because they lost 8-2 against Bayern...

Was the club responsible for the lost,did the board play the match...what did he do as player in that said match...barca has worship that ungrateful bastard for long now,they should show him who the Boss is...

They made him not the other way round....
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Decaf: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
MESSI also has fault In this. He should have activated the clause that would make leave for free in June.
He now wants to leave now that they have got Humiliated.
I don't really blame Barca boards for this though cos no one will want to be on the losing side.
Most especially during this covid-19 problem. They really need money.

NOTE: This is coming from a MESSI fan.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
The best way to preserve his 30% dented image is to come n see out his last year contract. The way he sat down at half time during Barca game shows he has a weak character. A leader don't show his weakness publicly. He's human, I m human too. But if it's CR7 that sat down that way, you n other Barca fans ll criticize him like a thief. This is not to drag CR7 in the matter. But you Barca fans are just getting to know the real Messi. With his talent, he's still not well built psychologically.
Why is he angry?
Cos Barca was trophyles? If it's so then he's not serious.
Do you or him think Barca won't win cups again?
And what do you mean by the ridiculous release clause?
Was he dumb when signing the contract?
Was he an illiterate?
That's how he and that his greedy dad were claiming innocence during the 2017 tazmx fraud case.
Wozz, Messi is not using his brain well.
He should see out his contract or just forget it

Lemme ask you a simple question if they ask you to repeat primary 1-6 three times will be able to do it? Barca board lost it completely with the choices they make. Stop pointing fingers at Messi. When Bayern played Barca 8-2 was it only Messi at the pitch?

Barca was desperate to keep Messi when neymar left cos they wont repeat the same mistake again. If you are given all the good things in the world without any efforts to demand for it won't you take it?

Barca made a lot of mistake lately and they want to continue with same mistake that is why he wants to leave.. bro if u dey f up nd ur babe is angry with you buh no wan change.. won't she leave you for another?

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by gentle136(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Messi is the most ungrateful & chicken brain footballer of the 21st century. He has talent but he's greedy.
You this fan, are you aware Barca has been paying the midget the highest wages for a footballer over the past four years?
Are you aware if Barca let him go freely this season, it's a bad decision cos Messi's contract holds till 2021.
Why can't you advise your ewure to stay till end of his contract & show Barca how useless they are without him or he should call their bluff now & face a lawsuit he ll never recover from. He's a man who uses his silence to gain sympathy of people like you while tarnishing images of others. He's a devlish coward
You can't say Messi is greedy because Barcelona has been paying him dat amount of money. He is a world class footballer and he has delivered for d club. And don't also forget dat there is clause in his deal that allows him to leave on a free transfer at the end of the 2019-20 campaign.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ojaysam25(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

It was Messi's fault. If he sees himself leaving Barca in future he LL contested the buyout clause.
Messi shows he lacked character. He's aided as a guy who's portrayed as the gentle lamb but he can play on people's emotion.
If you are an employer, n your employee wanna leave ur company cos u has one bad year, how ll you feel?
The time Messi should show loyalty he's not showing it.
It better if he had left since the guardiola n enrique era Dan DZ period.
Apt...why seek exit because the team is not doing well...the matured thing to do is to win for the club then leave because you have giving your best and wants a new challenge rather than leaving because the club is no longer getting the desire results...

If messi had seek exit after the summer of 2015 the board and club, would have respected his decision and allow him to go as a legend...
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
ojaysam25:

Apt...why seek exit because the team is not doing well...the matured thing to do is to win for the club then leave because you have giving your best and wants a new challenge rather than leaving because the club is no longer getting the desire results...

If messi had seek exit after the summer of 2015 the board and club, would have respected his decision and allow him to go as a legend...

my opinion
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
gentle136:
You can't say Messi is greedy because Barcelona has been paying him dat amount of money. He is a world class footballer and he has delivered for d club. And don't also forget dat there is clause in his deal that allows him to leave on a free transfer at the end of the 2019-20 campaign.
I remembered his deliveries n the clause in the contract.
But...how best can you define loyalty if he can't stay for one more year?
What does he want to go n achieve elsewhere?
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Otherwise22: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
see below
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Chrizoby(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Messi is the most ungrateful & chicken brain footballer of the 21st century. He has talent but he's greedy.
You this fan, are you aware Barca has been paying the midget the highest wages for a footballer over the past four years?
Are you aware if Barca let him go freely this season, it's a bad decision cos Messi's contract holds till 2021.
Why can't you advise your ewure to stay till end of his contract & show Barca how useless they are without him or he should call their bluff now & face a lawsuit he ll never recover from. He's a man who uses his silence to gain sympathy of people like you while tarnishing images of others. He's a devlish coward
Ur hatred for Messi is legendary, if Barca is paying him huge salary? Hw is dat a
problem to you. OK,the said person still want to leave n the board that is paying him refuses n u re here looking for cheap likes.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by eskorelvis: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Later some Penaldo fans will be saying rubbish that Messi doesn't want to leave Barcelona. Can you see that it has been Barcelona tying him down to their club since all this years? Nobody wants to tie Ronaldo down. Man U sold him off like used okrika, Real Madrid sold him off like Oversize bra, Juventus will soon sell him off like expired Fura de nunu. But everybody is ready to dieeee der to retain Messi. Can you see who the real GOAT is now? Messi no be Penaldo mate @ all @ all. The difference between Messi and Penaldo is like the difference between Donald Trump and Buhari grin

Congrats on Messi winning "Mr the board wants to tie him down meanwhile he wants to leave award"
Why will he not leave after he was humiliated sorely in that 8-2 destruction! For 5 years he's been a UCL failure, no one to help him again like when Xavi, Neymar and Iniesta was there, so tell me why won't he decide to leave. You're there ranting shit.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by TemmyT002(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Later some Penaldo fans will be saying rubbish that Messi doesn't want to leave Barcelona. Can you see that it has been Barcelona tying him down to their club since all this years? Nobody wants to tie Ronaldo down. Man U sold him off like used okrika, Real Madrid sold him off like Oversize bra, Juventus will soon sell him off like expired Fura de nunu. But everybody is ready to dieeee der to retain Messi. Can you see who the real GOAT is now? Messi no be Penaldo mate @ all @ all. The difference between Messi and Penaldo is like the difference between Donald Trump and Buhari grin

Lmao
Even you don't believe the trash you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Orpe7(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
Barca is just embarrassing theirs elves
No man is indispensable
Why are they acting like whimps like this
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ZaddyJamal: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Coming from a nonentity somewhere in Oshogbo, I have no words to describe how unfortunate your reasoning is undecided

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Chrizoby:
Ur hatred for Messi is legendary, if Barca is paying him huge salary? Hw is dat a
problem to you. OK,the said person still want to leave n the board that is paying him refuses n u re here looking for cheap likes.
Your head like soccer ball. Who's looking for likes?
Do I look like a celeb? Abi why truth dey hurt your head like sun?
Look here boy, Messi's not hated. I just exposed his kind of person. The silent killers. That's who he is. I v analysed him psychologically.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Orpe7:
Barca is just embarrassing theirs elves
No man is indispensable
Why are they acting like whimps like this
pay for Messi transfer
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by olarid01: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Freeman022:
I tire for that guy o. He probably thinks he's making sense

Don't mind the I d iot
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by gentle136(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

I remembered his deliveries n the clause in the contract.
But...how best can you define loyalty if he can't stay for one more year?
What does he want to go n achieve elsewhere?
Brotherly, Messi has been loyal for 19 solid years to d club, they should let him go since he felt dis is d best time for him to go.

As of wat he want to go and achieve elsewhere is best known to him.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Karleb(m): 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
The Messi saga is a mess.

His contract states that he can leave for free at the end of every season if he pleases or he could pay his buy-out clause i.e. 700m Euro if he wishes to leave any other time other than the end of the season.

Normally, season finishes late May or early June.

But due to the pandemic, this year's season got extended till August.

Now Barcelona board are claiming he has no right to leave (for free grin) because season has ended around May, to them we are in a new season.

Had Messi demanded to leave around May, I'm sure they would have said the season is not yet over. grin

Messi Barcelona case would most likely be settled in court.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Peppysco: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
gentle136:
Barcelona management are ungrateful set of people.

Ungrateful, how?
Do you even know how much this guy makes weekly, and you want them to let him go for free? Guy, fear God na.
I'm not a Barca fan ooo, but Messi is the ungrateful party here. He should have allowed a proper dialogue with the board stating his intention to leave and also negotiate a lower release clause agreement so the club wouldn't lose out totally.
Hazard did the same with Chelsea, thereby allowing the club to strike gold with his transfer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by drezo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
When you're done commenting here... Check here to make � https://www.nairaland.com/6086654/thread-people-want-get-rich#93385843
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
gentle136:
Brotherly, Messi has been loyal for 19 solid years to d club, they should let him go since he felt dis is d best time for him to go.
Shey he was starving for those 19 years ni? Was he not being paid.
gentle136:

As of wat he want to go and achieve elsewhere is best known to him.
I know what he wanted to go n do.
He said he want to win the next two ballon dors & it's Guardiola than can help him win it.
He want Guardiola to be coach of PSG or if Neymar can move to Manchester City.
Shey he watched Barca's destiny on babalawo satellite and they said Barca can't be great again or he can't win ballon dor n trophies there? That boy no even know how to win world cup with Argentina. Maradona ll just be looking at him like mumu now.

Messi's suffering from spiritual attack. He now has menstrual pains
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Peppysco:

Ungrateful, how?
Do you even know how much this guy makes weekly, and you want them to let him go for free? Guy, fear God na.
I'm not a Barca fan ooo, but Messi is the ungrateful party here. He should have allowed a proper dialogue with the board stating his intention to leave and also negotiate a lower release clause agreement so the club wouldn't lose out totally.
Hazard did the same with Chelsea, thereby allowing the club to strike gold with his transfer
Nigerians are too sympathetic.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
ZaddyJamal:

Coming from a nonentity somewhere in Oshogbo, I have no words to describe how unfortunate your reasoning is undecided
Mad man don bite you before abi?
Very stupi d, brainless, nitwit, dum b, fu cking, poo eating gorilla from nowhere. You are the personal non grata here who's dead brain & can't acknowledge the truth.
Ori e ti buru!
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by YoungAncient1: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Barcelona created a monster that is about to consume them. They allowed Messi become too powerful. They put men to the sword just to keep him happy and kept on re-negotiating his contract whenever he was unhappy. Now, he has become a *principality* and now they don't know how to handle him.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ZaddyJamal: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Mad man don bite you before abi?
Very stupi d, brainless, nitwit, dum b, fu cking, poo eating gorilla from nowhere. You are the personal non grata here who's dead brain & can't acknowledge the truth.
Ori e ti buru!

Lol...ode shebi your dictionary still get space for other words and phrases weh get actual meaning ni considering the amount of nonsense weh you just vomit from your mouth like a pained idiot grin
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Peppysco: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
Nigerians are too sympathetic.

I swear, always mixing business with emotions.
You don't make so much from the club and hang them out to dry with nothing, no, ooo wrong nau.
Moreover, they guy's contract runs till the summer of 2021 and he's asking to leave for free now, who go green that one? If he's not going to help them recoop some money from the transfer fees, the most honourable thing is to at least see out your contact, then, it becomes a win - win situation for both parties
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by lichocho(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
Leo1994A:
I think that LM10 should now change his parent club Barcelona. I am sorry for hurting the feelings of Barca fans. But in this case, I have always considered CR7 to be more versatile than LM10. CR7 has played for different clubs in different leagues and my friends keep one thing in mind that playing for a single club for many years is much easier than playing for multiple clubs were the conditions change accordingly.
are u ok?
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
ZaddyJamal:

Lol...ode shebi your dictionary still get space for other words and phrases weh get actual meaning ni considering the amount of nonsense weh you just vomit from your mouth like a pained idiot grin
In Oshiomole's voice, go n die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: Six Chelsea Players Test Positive / Obafemi Martins Buys Brand New G-wagon For His Babymama (photos) / UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.