Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract (37883 Views)

Roman Abramovich Requests Urgent Meeting With Lionel Messi’s Reps Over Transfer / Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France / Asisat Oshoala Pictured With Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by staneless(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2020
If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Later some Penaldo fans will be saying rubbish that Messi doesn't want to leave Barcelona. Can you see that it has been Barcelona tying him down to their club since all this years? Nobody wants to tie Ronaldo down. Man U sold him off like used okrika, Real Madrid sold him off like Oversize bra, Juventus will soon sell him off like expired Fura de nunu. But everybody is ready to dieeee der to retain Messi. Can you see who the real GOAT is now? Messi no be Penaldo mate @ all @ all. The difference between Messi and Penaldo is like the difference between Donald Trump and Buhari grin
Real Madrid sell any player who feels he wants to move not really because he's bad or anything if you say you are unhappy you can go. They didn't sell Ronaldo because he was no longer wanted, everybody begged him to stay. If any player pull this kind of Messi stunt in Real Madrid he will be shipped to China the next day. Barcelona are cowards.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by donteddy(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Later some Penaldo fans will be saying rubbish that Messi doesn't want to leave Barcelona. Can you see that it has been Barcelona tying him down to their club since all this years? Nobody wants to tie Ronaldo down. Man U sold him off like used okrika, Real Madrid sold him off like Oversize bra, Juventus will soon sell him off like expired Fura de nunu. But everybody is ready to dieeee der to retain Messi. Can you see who the real GOAT is now? Messi no be Penaldo mate @ all @ all. The difference between Messi and Penaldo is like the difference between Donald Trump and Buhari grin

Wrong assumption. And a serious thinking error.
Remember the saying 'if you love someone you let them go' every club cr7 played for loved him. If u think u sabi book try another school with different student u go jam brain wey pass your own.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Na wah o!

This matter is akin to a guy telling his ex, "i no wan do again" but babe say "Na lie o, you must do!" grin grin
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2020
staneless:
If you know you know

This cartoon is so off-point!
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
he can leave easily next season.
Messi's playing the silence game to blackmail Barca. That's how he always do to make people believe he's a saint.
Barcelona is saving Messi's image by not coming out publicly to reveal the full details of Messi's contract. The day they talk, Messi ll be hated by every naive Barca fans who thinks Messi is being witch hunted.
Does he think they can't win cups again?

xThe logical explanation.
1. Messi should respect the club n see out his contract. He's seen as a gentle lamb. Dies he think Barca can't win cups anymore? Where's his lotalty & helping out Barca in crisis

2. No matter what's the crime of Bartomeau, he has ran Barca with his best abilities. He even. Offered Messi at his age huge contract that warranted that huge buyout clause. Messi enjoyed the wages when he's paid. He should not be an ungrateful son. Nobody is hating him at Barcelona so why start something that ll cause hate to him from fans very soon. He's now acting disloyal for not returning to training.

3. If it's CR7 that acted this way, his criticism ll v topped all major newspapers worldwide.
Most people ll say he's proud, he's bad, he's a cheat etc. Now it's Messi that acting immature here and like an over pampered boy.

https://www.nairaland.com/6086040/lionel-messi-refuses-return-barcelona/2#93379435

You have a point but I disagree with you about Messi behaviour. It's very obvious Messi is fade up at Barca. He wants to leave. Even before now we have noticed his behaviour towards the sacked couch. Messi did alot for Barca don't forget that and he deserves a little respect. Obviously he is trying to prevent anything that will tannish his image. Did you see the way he sat down during halftime game with Bayern?

The guy is angry and he is not ready to be calming down.. he served them for yrs and raised enough money for them and they tagged him with ridiculous realize clause. Now they want him to sign a new contract against his wish. Mehn that is so mean

1 Like

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Goodman247: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2020
You cannot force him to stay, let him go
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Fibonacci88: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2020
Messi is just looking for a retirement package.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by donclark(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2020
Join us on telegram today, we're launching something special to help you earn millions before the year runs out. Search for Cashflownet on telegram or visit t .me/cashflownet
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by uunwanaobong3: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2020
I will like to be frank here,...... The way barca and Madrid treat their legend is very bad and disrespectful...... Throughout the world, LEGEND ARE PRICELESS, there is no amount of money that can justify their contribution to the club, ..... They walked out of The club with their heads held high when their contract terminate or if there is a clures in the contract stating thus, .... Their jerseys number is retired or a status is erected for them at the end of their career, like in the case of maldini, totti, giggs, Gerald, zanetti, David silva, company, lampard, terry, etc, ... These were legends who leave their clubs without being sold, and/or Status erected for them, and/or their shirts retires.... Can you compare these guys to either c- Ronaldo or Messi in terms of legendary status?

Madrid were wrong to sale C. Ronaldo, .... That legend was simply Priceless, ....... That money Juventus pay to buy him was an insult to him and to Madrid.

The same thing is applicable to Messi, if barca sale him to mancity.................... A legend like Messi doesn't have a Price value, he leaves at his own time. ........ And his shirt should be retired or a status should be erected for him.... He should be celebrated and not condemn.

If Messi play for mancity like 5 years, I can assure you that a status will be erected for him at the Etihad stadium .... Since Barcelona does not want to do it.

The truth is that I have never seen any Barcelona or Madrid legend being respected at the end of their club careers in Spain, just like C. Ronaldo, casillas, Ronaldo, Alves, ronaldihno, eto, Raul, Roberto Carlos, deco, etc, ..... These legend were all disgraced and shamed by their clubs at the end of their illustous careers....... Now tell why should any players dream of playing for these two greedy clubs?..hhmmm
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Openbusiness: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2020
donteddy:

Wrong assumption. And a serious thinking error.
Remember the saying 'if you love someone you let them go' every club cr7 played for loved him. If u think u sabi book try another school with different student u go jam brain wey pass your own.
Ok na, by your own logic, is Messi not trying to try another school? But u can see the gimmicks Barcelona a playing and doing anything to make sure they retain him. Buy out clause is $700m dollars. Was Ronaldo's buyout clause in any Club up to half of that amount? NOOOOOOOooooo! No player in the history 9f football has that kind of buyout clause in his contract. Ok, some clubs are saying they are ready to pay the money. Now, Barcelona is saying the window date for Messi to have submitted a document for leaving has expired. He must stay till 2021. They are saying the ONLY discussion they want to have with Messi is CONTRACT RENEWAL, they are not even interested in discussing Buyout clause money grin Did any club ever fight to retain Penaldo? Once he says he wanna go, they free him straight. But Barcelona 8s holding tight on Messi like super glue. Yet Penaldo fans will be insulting him for it.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

You have a point but I disagree with you about Messi behaviour. It's very obvious Messi is fade up at Barca. He wants to leave. Even before now we have noticed his behaviour towards the sacked couch. Messi did alot for Barca don't forget that and he deserves a little respect. Obviously he is trying to prevent anything that will tannish his image. Did you see the way he sat down during halftime game with Bayern?
The best way to preserve his 30% dented image is to come n see out his last year contract. The way he sat down at half time during Barca game shows he has a weak character. A leader don't show his weakness publicly. He's human, I m human too. But if it's CR7 that sat down that way, you n other Barca fans ll criticize him like a thief. This is not to drag CR7 in the matter. But you Barca fans are just getting to know the real Messi. With his talent, he's still not well built psychologically.
Funkyswagzz:

The guy is angry and he is not ready to be calming down.. he served them for yrs and raised enough money for them and they tagged him with ridiculous realize clause. Now they want him to sign a new contract against his wish. Mehn that is so mean
Why is he angry?
Cos Barca was trophyles? If it's so then he's not serious.
Do you or him think Barca won't win cups again?
And what do you mean by the ridiculous release clause?
Was he dumb when signing the contract?
Was he an illiterate?
That's how he and that his greedy dad were claiming innocence during the 2017 tazmx fraud case.
Wozz, Messi is not using his brain well.
He should see out his contract or just forget it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2020
staneless:
If you know you know
We know the cartoon is the wrong description.
It's like you Messi fans are just like APC goats. Wait for Barca's revealing secrets of Messi. You ll know you ewure is like a gentle devil
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by 27Pushing30: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2020
gentle136:
Barcelona management are ungrateful set of people.
And has Messi not been handsomely rewarded for his success?

It’s a vis-a-vis thing and if Messi wants out then a hefty fee will follow
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Ok na, by your own logic, is Messi not trying to try another school? But u can see the gimmicks Barcelona a playing and doing anything to make sure they retain him. Buy out clause is $700m dollars. Was Ronaldo's buyout clause in any Club up to half of that amount? NOOOOOOOooooo! No player in the history 9f football has that kind of buyout clause in his contract. Ok, some clubs are saying they are ready to pay the money. Now, Barcelona is saying the window date for Messi to have submitted a document for leaving has expired. He must stay till 2021. They are saying the ONLY discussion they want to have with Messi is CONTRACT RENEWAL, they are not even interested in discussing Buyout clause money grin Did any club ever fight to retain Penaldo? Once he says he wanna go, they free him straight. But Barcelona 8s holding tight on Messi like super glue. Yet Penaldo fans will be insulting him for it.
It was Messi's fault. If he sees himself leaving Barca in future he LL contested the buyout clause.
Messi shows he lacked character. He's aided as a guy who's portrayed as the gentle lamb but he can play on people's emotion.
If you are an employer, n your employee wanna leave ur company cos u has one bad year, how ll you feel?
The time Messi should show loyalty he's not showing it.
It better if he had left since the guardiola n enrique era Dan DZ period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by franugo(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2020
SoftP:
Let him honor his contract terms; he wasn’t sleeping when he signed for it

His contract says he can leave for free oga....
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ekevwe(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2020
gentle136:
Barcelona management are ungrateful set of people.

Messi is even more greedy and ungrateful even if he is my best player on earth. Why should he want to leave as free agent? He club that made him from no where?
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ojaysam25(m): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
My opinion: Messi can just quietly see out his one year and get a good send forth next season. The case he's dragging is dicey. If Barca comes out to explain to the world what they v been offering him in the past, everyone ll see him as n ungrateful son.
Messi's playing the silence game to blackmail Barca. That's how he always do to make people believe he's a saint.
Barcelona is saving Messi's image by not coming out publicly to reveal the full details of Messi's contract. The day they talk, Messi ll be hated by every naive Barca fans who thinks Messi is being witch hunted.

The logical explanation.
1. Messi should respect the club n see out his contract. He's seen as a gentle lamb. Dies he think Barca can't win cups anymore? Where's his lotalty & helping out Barca in crisis

2. No matter what's the crime of Bartomeau, he has ran Barca with his best abilities. He even. Offered Messi at his age huge contract that warranted that huge buyout clause. Messi enjoyed the wages when he's paid. He should not be an ungrateful son. Nobody is hating him at Barcelona so why start something that ll cause hate to him from fans very soon. He's now acting disloyal for not returning to training.

3. If it's CR7 that acted this way, his criticism ll v topped all major newspapers worldwide.
Most people ll say he's proud, he's bad, he's a cheat etc. Now it's Messi that acting immature here and like an over pampered boy.

https://www.nairaland.com/6086040/lionel-messi-refuses-return-barcelona/2#93379435
Apt
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
ojaysam25:

Apt
Cos your are born apt
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by blowjohn(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
If I be messi, I will renew the contract, collect higher pay, then play nonsense football and make sure I squander any chances of scoring a goal.

That way when after 4 months I have only scored 3 goals, their eye go clear.
Na dem go even give me my full salary of 3 years and beg me to go.
By then i will insist on completing my 3 years so that by the end of the 3 years I would have only scored only about 15 goals whilst playing nonsense.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Igahbarr: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
The period within which to walk away was 30June 2020 when the league was expected to end according to the contract. However, the period was extended by an act of God(outbreak of covid 19) as the league ended not 30 June 2020 but after the champions league final. Therefore, messi can still walk away as the option to walk away was not exercisable in 30June 2020 as it would have occasioned injustice to Barcelona.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by FLYFIRE(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
Leo1994A:
I think that LM10 should now change his parent club Barcelona. I am sorry for hurting the feelings of Barca fans. But in this case, I have always considered CR7 to be more versatile than LM10. CR7 has played for different clubs in different leagues and my friends keep one thing in mind that playing for a single club for many years is much easier than playing for multiple clubs were the conditions change accordingly.
This is YOUR ANSWER. EMPTY VESSELS
And to remember that RM was happy to let your Penaldo GO.
Sergio Ramos takes aim at Cristiano Ronaldo telling former teammate: "No-one is bigger than Real Madrid"

1 Like

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by ojaysam25(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
Martinez39s:
Lmao. Dalil8, are you alright? grin
grin
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by Openbusiness: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

It was Messi's fault. If he sees himself leaving Barca in future he LL contested the buyout clause.
Messi shows he lacked character. He's aided as a guy who's portrayed as the gentle lamb but he can play on people's emotion.
If you are an employer, n your employee wanna leave ur company cos u has one bad year, how ll you feel?
The time Messi should show loyalty he's not showing it.
It better if he had left since the guardiola n enrique era Dan DZ period.
Even Barcelona knows that Messi is a very loyal player. He gave them the best years of his career. He gave them the best performance of his career. He is the greatest footballer in Barcelona's history, ALL TIME history! How else do you want to define loyalty. Barcelona has not had a bad year, they have had a bad couple of years and Messi has been with they all through highs and lows. How many years has he spent in that club? When they won 8:0, he was there and when they lost 8 : 2, he was there. He has been so consistent with Barcelona to the point other Clubs call him Mr Barcelona. Because they have made moves to woo him to leave Barca several times before, enticed him with the best of the best salaries but he always turned them down. I will rather have a staff like loyal Messi than a kite like Penaldo that flies wherever the wind of fame blows. You people just hate to see him leave because you know that wherever he goes he will go there and score record goals and win more UCL and Ballon D'or and completely demystify your Penaldo, because that's the only thing you Penaldo fans have been mocking Messi with that Penaldo is better than him because Penaldo is a Globetrotter and has won UCL with more than one club. Now the fear is real that Messi will destroy that record if he leaves and there won't be any contest again about who the true modern GOAT is. We sabi una pattern grin

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by deeva2: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
Messi and barca at large are yet to get over Bayern massacre and catastrophic winning
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by mattmogan88: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Messi
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by FLYFIRE(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
deeva2:
Messi and barca at large are yet to get over Bayern massacre and catastrophic winning
Tell me a club Barca has not massacre before. ML10 says he wants to go but the club REFUSES. Look for an interpreter if its difficult for you to comprehend

1 Like

Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by EmperorFred: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
My opinion: Messi can just quietly see out his one year and get a good send forth next season. The case he's dragging is dicey. If Barca comes out to explain to the world what they v been offering him in the past, everyone ll see him as n ungrateful son.

The logical explanation.

Rubbish
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by RioCarputo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
Like for Messi share for Barcelona.
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by RioCarputo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
They should allowed him leave in peace. They shouldn't made him regret for ever turning out for them over the years.

With his achievements and successful years at the club culminated with his season-in season-out consistentl performances and goal scoring prowess, I think he's done enough for them.
All this people cursing and abusing Messi here and there just because they like C. Ronaldo, is like they are not aware of the great success he's brought to Barcelona over the years with consistent performances and goal scoring records.

There's no other player that has contributed as much as such success he's done in the club history. never will any player matched his feat in the club in years come....
Re: Barcelona REFUSE To Hold Meeting With Lionel Messi Unless For A New Contract by AgricWealth(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
theoneJabulani:
Part of me wishes Messi pulls a Luis Figo and heads over to Madrid but I know he is to loyal to Barcelona and it's fans to do that. This board should show him respect and let him leave

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos payment on delivery available nationwide.

Do you have Avante PC battery?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom / Babyface Babatunde Wins N2m At GOTV Boxing Night In Just 10 Minutes (Photos) / PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.