Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again (3605 Views)

Benin-ife Relationship Explored / Who Really Owns The Benin Bronzes? / "Village People" Fact Or Myth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

She must be on 'Aimiuwu' TV program kind of quest by now. Just dey give them work to keep dem busy. You are doing well. grin

Lol, she was running faster than her mouth, her brothers had her head to close to my cutlass with the likes they offered her, i had several opportunities to cut her head and offer it to my ancestors but i relented i considered doing it when the ovation is at its loudest,

No wonder our ancestors had them killed in their numbers and still rule over them

1 Like

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oh boy I dey warn you o. Na cross dresser o. Anyway we dey here to hear the tory of Rod wey go dey dangle for there. cheesy cheesy grin

Lol, i know, am trying to pull some strands of hair from his balls so he can confess openly

1 Like

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by Etinosa1234: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oh boy I dey warn you o. Na cross dresser o. Anyway we dey here to hear the tory of Rod wey go dey dangle for there. cheesy cheesy grin

The Day wey I tire for that Cross dresser na when I see 67 likes on post for thread wey people nor dey read...

Like 67 jobless pple read 57+ pages ... And if u check the thread.. Na only one set of people dey follow the thread.

Check the profile of that ofu,nwa wey dey form Igbo... Na Yoruba alternate...

Their desperation too much guy

5 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Etinosa1234:

The Day wey I tire for that Cross dresser na when I see 67 likes on post for thread wey people nor dey read...

Like 67 jobless pple read 57+ pages ... And if u check the thread.. Na only one set of people dey follow the thread.

Check the profile of that ofu,nwa wey dey form Igbo... Na Yoruba alternate...

Their desperation too much guy

The thing they shock me, who dey give her d likes
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by Etinosa1234: 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
gregyboy:

The thing they shock me, who dey give her d likes

Na fake accounts... E nor hard to create emails to open nairaland account. I fit do am but I nor dey dat desperate abeg.. and I dey busy with stuffs rn

Even the ofu.nwa Na alternate.. created may 2020 but only 9 posts and most Na Benin Yoruba issue... Na once u go know those guys don dey feel ur effect

That pic she posted states Oduduwa as a masquerade honouring the paternal ancestors

4 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Na fake accounts... E nor hard to create emails to open nairaland account. I fit do am but I nor dey dat desperate abeg.. and I dey busy with stuffs rn

Even the ofu.nwa Na alternate.. created may 2020 but only 9 posts and most Na Benin Yoruba issue... Na once u go know those guys don dey feel ur effect

That pic she posted states Oduduwa as a masquerade honouring the paternal ancestors

Can dey be dat desperate.... Lol
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hahaha! Feel good fictional discourses at the back door.

It’s a status I earned with Nairaland if that’s what you want to hear.

Post more truth and fact, and you’ll perhaps get there grin cheesy

gayboy and etiosa local govt analyzing “likes” grin You guys are failures.

Yet etiosa admitted yesterday to not seeing any moniker giving the likes. grin

Contradiction and confusion seems to be a deep-rooted and early Benin trait.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:

Transgender bigot am still waiting for the Maltese cross on ife sculptures
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]Transgender bigot am still waiting for the Maltese cross on ife sculptures[/s]
You appear very disturbed by my refutations.

Listen up dingbat, stop making your regular face-saving dullard requests to me.

I’ve cited you a reference to a peer-review journal by Robin Horton (1979:86) where the finds were clearly acknowledged. And he also referenced works wherein the images were published.

So, why must any sane person need a picture of your brain in order to realize that you have some lump of fat up there — even when the doctor’s report clearly said so ??

Wait, are you planning to mastur6ate to the pictures and cvm for them or something ?? grin

Stop disgracing your family I warned.

6 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by RamessesIV(m): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
"Honours the obas paternal ancestors" grin lol i wonder how they will explain this

This is clear evidence of yoruba-edo cultural links except they want to claim that oduduwa came from benin grin
TAO11:
Lol.

Yeah, they actually do celebrate OdUduwa festival.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
RamessesIV:
"Honours the obas paternal ancestors" grin lol i wonder how they will explain this

This is clear evidence of yoruba-edo cultural links except they want to claim that oduduwa came from benin grin
Lol.

Even if they would claim he came from Benin, the next question is why the foreign name “Oduduwa”?

Why not the name of Oduduwa’s supposed Benin ancestor themselves? Why did they have to stop at Oduduwa?

Why not the supposed oRiGiNaL Bini name “Ekaladerhan” or the later oRiGinAl Bini name “Izoduwa”, or “Idoduwa”, among other fictional names??

But anyway like you said, let’s wait for their explanation on this. They’re good with explaining stuffs. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by RamessesIV(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lol maybe their oba created the festival to join the
then western region for politics grin lol the level of inferiority complex that will make you want to rewrite history
TAO11:
Lol.

Even if they would claim he came from Benin, the next question is why the foreign name “Oduduwa”?

Why not the name of Oduduwa’s supposed Benin ancestor themselves? Why did they have to stop at Oduduwa?

Why not the supposed oRiGiNaL Bini name “Ekaladerhan” or the later oRiGinAl Bini name “Izoduwa”, or “Idoduwa”, among other fictional names??

But anyway like you said, let’s wait for their explanation on this. They’re good with explaining stuffs. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
RamessesIV:
Lol maybe their oba created the festival to join the western region grin lol the level of inferiority complex that will make you want to rewrite history
Hahaha grin cheesy

I swear, that western region thing is so cringey. cheesy

Like, Oba Eweka II was literally paying homage to the Ooni of Ife and Alaafin of Oyo every morning inside one secluded room in his palace.

My insecure Bini friends explained it as follows:

Oba Eweka II was doing that for pOLiTiCaL reasons. cheesy

And I’m like, wait! — Eweka II died before there was anything like Western Nigeria.

Moreover, no Yoruba was there watching him or peeping at him to realize he was honoring the Yoruba monarchs.

[If he didn’t inform a European visitor in the 1920s, nobody would have known he (and obviously his ancestors too) did that privately every morning]. grin cheesy
Just like me, every morning I pray privately to the King of Japan in my room — but guess what:

I’m doing it for pOLiTiCaL rEaSoNs. grin cheesy grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by RamessesIV(m): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Is just inferiority complex they don't like yoruba people using the cultural links as an excuse for supremacy takes,funny they are still the ones that claim Lagos so both sides aren't holy

Anyways how have you been
TAO11:
Hahaha grin cheesy

I swear that western region thing is so cringey.

Like, Oba Eweka II was literally paying homage to Ooni of Ife and Alaafin every morning inside one secluded room in his palace.

My insecure Bini friends said he was doing that for political reasons.

And I’m like wait — Eweka II died before there was anything like Western Nigeria.

Moreover, no Yoruba was there or peeping at him to realize he was honoring the Yoruba monarchs.

If he didn’t inform, a European visitor in the 1920s nobody would have known he did that privately every morning. grin cheesy
Just like me, every morning I pray privately to the King of Morocco in my room — but guess what:

I’m doing it for pOlItIcAl rEaSoNs. grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by RamessesIV(m): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
Is just inferiority complex they don't like yoruba people using the cultural links as an excuse for supremacy takes,funny they are still the ones that claim Lagos so both sides aren't holy

TAO11:
Hahaha grin cheesy

I swear that western region thing is so cringey.

Like, Oba Eweka II was literally paying homage to Ooni of Ife and Alaafin every morning inside one secluded room in his palace.

My insecure Bini friends said he was doing that for political reasons.

And I’m like wait — Eweka II died before there was anything like Western Nigeria.

Moreover, no Yoruba was there or peeping at him to realize he was honoring the Yoruba monarchs.

If he didn’t inform, a European visitor in the 1920s nobody would have known he did that privately every morning. grin cheesy
Just like me, every morning I pray privately to the King of Morocco in my room — but guess what:

I’m doing it for pOlItIcAl rEaSoNs. grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
RamessesIV:

Got it!

Work has been eating deep into personal time — even right now.

4 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
RamessesIV:

Got it!

Been good. It’s been some time since you checked in here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by RamessesIV(m): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ahh it must be tough then especially with this corona,is wonderful how you make time for this forum

Yeah I have been away for a while jusy came back come back and not surprised to see your comments lol no1 yoruba nationalist
TAO11:
Got it!

Work has been eating deep into personal time — even right now.
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
RamessesIV:
Ahh it must be tough then especially with this corona,is wonderful how you make time for this forum

Yeah I have been away for a while jusy came back come back and not surprised to see your comments lol no1 yoruba nationalist
Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by sesan85(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2020
TAO11:
Lol.

Lmao! Depending on which drunk, codeine-influenced Benin revisionist you're dealing with, Oduduwa is either Ekala-whatever, Izoduwa, or Imadoduwa. Lol, idiots!

2 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by sesan85(m): 11:28am On Sep 15, 2020
TAO11:

Lol, talking about "Etiosa", are you aware these Benin revisionists also claim Eti-Osa in Lagos was originally Etinosa? They also believe Apongbon was originally a Benin word "Agbongbon," even though Apongbon (someone with reddish beard) is the derogatory Yoruba name for British/Scottish consul in Lagos William McCoskry because of his reddish beard. Lol, let's keep laughing at these clowns while they're around.

3 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 11:59am On Sep 15, 2020
sesan85:

Lol, talking about "Etiosa", are you aware these Benin revisionists also claim Eti-Osa in Lagos was originally Etinosa? They also believe Apongbon was originally a Benin word "Agbongbon," even though Apongbon (someone with reddish beard) is the derogatory Yoruba name for British/Scottish consul in Lagos William McCoskry because of his reddish beard. Lol, let's keep laughing at these clowns while they're around.
Their is no end to their delusions. I deliberately did that to possibly kick-start the delusions in them so they can get some flogging in return.

Their Lagos jokes have been shattered though. See comments here for some examples.

https://www.nairaland.com/6016047/ewuare-oba-benin-hails-wike/23#92401448

5 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
There has never been any excavation at the Oba of Benin's palace.
All Benin bronzes which are now in museums in europe and america were the furniture of the Oba of Benin. So whomever is peddling a "sculpture of ooni of ife excavated in Benin palace" is a bloody liar. The only excavations in Benin city which I am aware of were about the walls.
Suzanne Prester Blier is one big idiot who seems to just print whatever the yoruba tell her as if it were fact.

Notice that the name of whomever is supposed to have "found" it is ommited, also the date it is supposed to have been found is ommited...
That woman is an idiot.
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
davidmarker:
There has never been any excavation at the Oba of Benin's palace.
All Benin bronzes which are now in museuls in europe and america were the furniture of the Oba of Benin. So whomever is peddling a "sculpture of ooni of ife excavated in Benin palace" is a bloody liar. The only excavations in Benin city which I am aware of were about the walls.
Suzanne Prester Blier is one big idiot who seems to just print whater the yoruba telle her as fact.

Notice that the name of whomever is supposed to have "found" it is ommited, also the date it is supposed to have been found is ommited...
That woman is an idiot.

She is just like the bastard samuel johnson who used benin influence to sell his book
Blier is also one psycho of a desperado

Most writer these days write to sell thier books and not for truth,
I respect afc ryder so much

1 Like

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by geosegun(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2020
gregyboy:

Do you have boobs send me or else you don't

Yoruba Mugu....

You are such a dunce for going this low. @TAO11, has destroyed every iota of dignity you have left and hence you resulted to casting aspersions. You are definitely not worthy of the attention.given to you.

2 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tao11 is a bigger obsessed desperado if this debate was a war her head would have long left her body
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by gregyboy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
geosegun:

You are such a dunce for going this low. @TAO11, has destroyed every iota of dignity you have left and hence you resulted to casting aspersions. You are definitely not worthy of the attention.given to you.

You have to civil in your speech my friend be calming down..... And also learn to talk with fact too,
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by samuk: 5:24am On Dec 04, 2020
It's good the Benin are keeping the Yoruba busy. The Yoruba have absolutely nothing to offer.

When the Oba of Benin sent an ambassador to Europe in the 16th century, they were preparing and warming up to start sending themselves to the cotton fields of Europe and America.

Until they show me the equivalent of Bight of Benin, Benin moat and republic of Benin in their history, it will be a complete waste of my time condescending to their level to start discussing amala and ewedu history because they have no history.

Benin history is on the same level as Greek, Rome and Egypt. Yoruba has nothing to showcase apart from lies.

If they show us any eyewitness written historical accounts about Benin/Ife relationship earlier than 1800s, I will start taking them seriously again but until then, they will remain noise makers with absolutely nothing to point to.

Anybody can claim anything because talk is cheap. show us some accomplishments from your past or are these too much to ask?

1. You claimed to have given Benin Oba, yet your own Oba couldn't accomplished anything.

2. You claimed to teach Benin Bronze casting, yet you hardly have a fraction of Benin Bronze.

Yoruba lies are for the gullible like themselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by TAO11(f): 5:36am On Dec 04, 2020
FRAUD ALERT!!!
In response to the foregoing fraud, it is NOT the Ifes who propagated the idea that they taught the Binis bronze casting.

Rather, it is the Binis themselves who insisted adamantly to the Europeans that Bronze casting was taught to them by their masters from Ife. cheesy

Moreover, in the logic of disgruntled Bini Nairalanders, a student who goes on to have an apparently more sizeable library than his teacher (although with relatively inferior materials) was never taught by such teacher. smiley

Oh God! Please answer this prayer. Please give Binis brain — at least small. Amen! grin
————————
Summary:
Folks, make sure to find this handy for quick referencing:

(A) No Pre-1800 Ife/Benin Connection? — DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/9#96323798

(B) Benin Owns Lagos? — DEBUNKED: https://www.nairaland.com/6286709/ijebu-vs-jebusite/1#96593783

(C) Yoruba Founded In 1808? — DEBUNKED https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

(D)Benin Owns The Word “Oba”? — DEBUNKED https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

Peace!

———————
PS: To claim your kingdom is great is one thing. But to claim your kindgom is greater than others’ is a separate claim entirely.

It is for this second type of claims that I often bring up relative comparisons, such as in my screenshot below, from the same pre-1897 observers.

He who has not been to another man’s farm may conclude erroneously that his father’s is the largest. cheesy

~ Yoruba Proverb.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by tollyboy5(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2020
Let me pitch my tent here. This na two illusionist that don't know who their ancestors were. Awon sky babies grin
Re: The Benin- Ife Myth Shouldn't Be Circulated Again Ever Again by samuk: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2020
PS: To claim your kingdom is great is one thing. But to claim your kindgom is greater than others’ is a separate claim entirely.

It is for this second type of claims that I often bring up relative comparisons, such as in my screenshot below, from the same pre-1897 observers.

Only someone with half a brain can reason like the above.

Rome, Greece and Egypt can't be compared to Washington DC today but in time past, long before Christopher Columbus great great grand parents were born or long before the birth of the USA, Rome, Greece and Egypt were all best cities in the world, but how do you even expect someone whose history began in 1808 to know all these.

By mid-1800s, Benin was already in decline and the city was eventually saked and burnt to the ground in 1897.

Anyone arguing that Benin didn't once owned Lagos is deluded.

Benin City was once a city that was incomparable to any other in West Africa that is why the European called it a city, there is no any other place in the whole of West Africa visited by early European that earned the name City

In the whole of Africa, less than four cities where considered Cities in ancient times and Benin was the only one in West Africa but you can't compare Benin city to Abuja or Lagos today because things changes with time.

Benin history is in the same class as Egypt, Rome and Greek. Show us pre-1800s prove that Benin/Ife had relationship, I may start taking you guys seriously. Show us the monuments or other historical landmarks left behind by ancient Ife. Not insults or is it insults your ancestors left behind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Over 500 Languages / The Nairaland Culture Carnival / Yewande & George’s Elegant Efik & Yoruba Wedding With A Vintage Touch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.