Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061391 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionup11: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello the gurus in the house,
i appreciate the great jobs you guys are doing here. I need guidance . i want to apply for the US visitors Visa . I had initially applied in 2003 and was refused. I presently want to travel with my wife and kid. we want to spend part of my annual leave in the states. i have earlier traveled to the UK and UAE within the last 2 months. ( official and business for both trips). I work for a Fed Govt agency.My wife is presently not working . i want an assessment of my chances of getting the visa. Kindly note that i went with my family for the UAE Trip.I also have an aunt in the US and i intend to use her address as my place of contact. Want to know if that will count against me or should i get a hotel reservation? Also i want to know which areas i need to devote my attention to as my job is stable and that should count as a tie for me and I have the financial means to finance the trip. we intend to visit New york and i know that i need to create an itinerary for our visit.House, what else would be of importance to me and what documents do i need for presentation at the embassy .Please help with your responses guys.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=adigunomomama]Please what's the meaning of this question?

VO:Ever applied for diverity visa?

Sorry, what's diverty Visa?

Is it dvlottery?

Diversity visa means visa lottery not diverity.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifegy: 3:51am On Sep 02, 2014
KweenCee: Hi guys,
Please is someone's fiancé her relative? I'm confused on the answer to give to the question of whether I have a relative in the US or not.
Can a fiancé be classified as a relative?

Are you trying to apply for a non immigrant visa while you have an immigrant application pending?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 4:38am On Sep 02, 2014
tzetzefly:

The applicant's passport.

The receipt number from GT Bank receipt.

The ten (10) digit barcode number from the applicant's DS-160 confirmation page.

Proof of funds.

Thanks man

Pls I don't get the 10 digit barcode number from the applicant's DS-160 confirmation page.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=ifegy]

Are you trying to apply for a non immigrant visa while you have an immigrant application pending?
My immigrant visa will be filed in March next year.I want to apply for a non-immigrant visa now.Pls i need an answer as i do not know what to fill in there.Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Please my people,i need an answer to this question.Please it's urgent.

Please is someone's fiancé her relative? I'm confused on the answer to give to the question of whether I have a relative in the US or not.
Can a fiancé be classified as a relative?
Please i need answer cos i don't wanna lie.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lahwummie: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2014
@tzetzefly pls kindly reply
Good Day, FRiends.
New here and have read through, but did not get a similar story to mine, so i have to write and ask.
I will be applying for a tourist visa, my wedding coming up by December. I will be going for wedding shopping and sight seeing. Intending of using like 2weeks.
(A)My fear is do i have to apply with my husband to be? (B)And I do not have any travelling history (Just Cotonou). (C)Had 2 uk visa refusal.
What are the advicesable documents to submit please. Was thinking of the following: Please help cross check.
1.Letter of employment. (been working like 2yrs with a financial institution).
2.Leave approval. (and a letter of introduction from my GM)
3.Tax idcard and company's id card.
4.Hotel reservation and itinerary.
5.Wedding invitation card.
6.Pre wedding photoshots.
7. A copy of order of wedding events layout.
8.My bank statement(salary and personal)
9. Consent letter from my husband to be.
10.A business registration name certificate(an event company Jan 2014 and few shares certificate)
All for now.
Please, as i read before my fear is if i will be questioned why am not going with my husband to be. Can i be refused on that or any other thing?
Please is there any other additional or subracted documents.
Thanks so much famz.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
adigunomomama:

Thanks man

Pls I don't get the 10 digit barcode number from the applicant's DS-160 confirmation page.

The barcoded number generated once you submit your DS-160
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
passionup11: Hello the gurus in the house,
i appreciate the great jobs you guys are doing here. I need guidance . i want to apply for the US visitors Visa . I had initially applied in 2003 and was refused. I presently want to travel with my wife and kid. we want to spend part of my annual leave in the states. i have earlier traveled to the UK and UAE within the last 2 months. ( official and business for both trips). I work for a Fed Govt agency.My wife is presently not working . i want an assessment of my chances of getting the visa. Kindly note that i went with my family for the UAE Trip.I also have an aunt in the US and i intend to use her address as my place of contact. Want to know if that will count against me or should i get a hotel reservation? Also i want to know which areas i need to devote my attention to as my job is stable and that should count as a tie for me and I have the financial means to finance the trip. we intend to visit New york and i know that i need to create an itinerary for our visit.House, what else would be of importance to me and what documents do i need for presentation at the embassy .Please help with your responses guys.

Know your aunt's status in the States.

Your economic situation counts toward a visa issuance hope yours is fine.

Family travel is good, once you're able to finance it.

Your purpose of visit to New York is relevant.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
lahwummie: @tzetzefly pls kindly reply
Good Day, FRiends.
New here and have read through, but did not get a similar story to mine, so i have to write and ask.
I will be applying for a tourist visa, my wedding coming up by December. I will be going for wedding shopping and sight seeing. Intending of using like 2weeks.
(A)My fear is do i have to apply with my husband to be? (B)And I do not have any travelling history (Just Cotonou). (C)Had 2 uk visa refusal.
What are the advicesable documents to submit please. Was thinking of the following: Please help cross check.
1.Letter of employment. (been working like 2yrs with a financial institution).
2.Leave approval. (and a letter of introduction from my GM)
3.Tax idcard and company's id card.
4.Hotel reservation and itinerary.
5.Wedding invitation card.
6.Pre wedding photoshots.
7. A copy of order of wedding events layout.
8.My bank statement(salary and personal)
9. Consent letter from my husband to be.
10.A business registration name certificate(an event company Jan 2014 and few shares certificate)
All for now.
Please, as i read before my fear is if i will be questioned why am not going with my husband to be. Can i be refused on that or any other thing?
Please is there any other additional or subracted documents.
Thanks so much famz.

Have you travelled before as a couple?

Is your economic tie to Nigeria sudstantive enough to make you return?

Are you financially competent to sponsor your trip?

Where are you visiting in the States?

These are few questions to ask yourself.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionup11: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
passionup11: Hello the gurus in the house,

Also guys am still awaiting your comments ohh.
I also want to guided on salary . i earn a specific amount as gross salary. when all of my loans are deducted, i earn a particular amount. i also receive allowances and payments for traveling expenses which are paid weekly, monthly(depending on how busy i travel within nigeria ) and quarterly allowances . How do i represent these as my earnings. Should i just reflect my net amount as salary earned or how do i incorporate the allowances earned as my earning in the Visa Application form. An explanation form an experienced person is urgently needed. abeg. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topchef: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=KweenCee][/quote]

Yes ! , your fiance/ fiancee is considered an immediate relative by the US consular.

While filling your DS 160 , you would see a highlight beside that question. It clearly states that your immediate relatives aside your parents may include your fiancee/fiance , wife, child,sibling .
Hope I have been able to help , and hope it's not coming too late either.
If you have already submitted the form, u could quickly fill another DS 160 form as you would be deemed to have lied when a future immigrant visa is filed for you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 03, 2014
@Topchef
Thank u so much for that response. Even though i want to go for a training,i will rather not go so as to not to hamper my chances during my immigrant filling.Thanks so much.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meine: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2014
Good morning guys, thanks for the good job you are doing. Please i need your advice for my upcoming interview, i made some errors in filling the DS 160 form for my wife and myself is there a way i can retrieve our forms after submitting? Do i need to book another appointment? Kindly advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello experts in the house. Please, as my visa interview draws nearer, i really need a quick clarification. My int. passports are now three, the initial one has all my visas (UK, 3 Schengen) and entry stamps while the next has about 3 UK visa refusal stamps on it which I believe have dented the passport. But my new passport which I'm using to apply has nothing on it. My question is: Should I remove the 2nd passport with refusal stamps since i don't need it or I should just combine all the passports and submit when requested for? And hope it wont av any adverse effect on the application. Your candid opinion asap will really be appreciated. Thanks for your usual cooperation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by MSEdLAW(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pls I have an interview coming up in approx. In 14days.. I am a lawyer with 2yrs PQE working in a family law firm with a broad spectrum legal practice for over 3 generations. I am unmarried, under 30 and with a virgin passport. purpose for visit is to attend my uncle and aunts graduation and thanks giving service in houston both went vide a DV lottery in 1994 and are a PRs now. I also intend attending a walk-in information and group session at the University of Houston Law Centre in preparedness for my LLM prog. Though I didn't state this in my application. I intend commencing my masters hopefull this time nxt yr. I am self sponsored with about 2mill in my current account.. In summary I intend to avail my self the opportunity of my 1 month annual leave to celebrate my birthday on the 29th with my uncle and his family whom I have not seen in almost 15years. I am abreast with all the legal documents required but I would like to know if the odds are against me as one without a previous travel history.

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meine: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please can someone advice me on this issue

I made some errors in filling the DS 160 form for my wife and myself is there a way i can retrieve our forms or correct the form after submitting? Do i need to book another appointment? Kindly advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by x2lambo(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hello House
Please i need some advice from the gurus in the house , i live in South Africa with my wife and a child we have our child here and we are both using a work permit here in South Africa. we wish to visit the US as a family , my question is where will be the best place for us to apply in South Africa, or move back to Nigeria to Apply .... i will be glad to hear from you guys

Thank you all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
x2lambo: Hello House
Please i need some advice from the gurus in the house , i live in South Africa with my wife and a child we have our child here and we are both using a work permit here in South Africa. we wish to visit the US as a family , my question is where will be the best place for us to apply in South Africa, or move back to Nigeria to Apply .... i will be glad to hear from you guys

Thank you all

Apply from the country you have the most ties: economic, family, job etc.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
meine: Please can someone advice me on this issue

I made some errors in filling the DS 160 form for my wife and myself is there a way i can retrieve our forms or correct the form after submitting? Do i need to book another appointment? Kindly advise.

Fill a new DS-160, correct previous errors and call the US call centre below to change your interview date.

Telephone: To speak with a call center
representative, call: +23414406294.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
MSEdLAW: Pls I have an interview coming up in approx. In 14days.. I am a lawyer with 2yrs PQE working in a family law firm with a broad spectrum legal practice for over 3 generations. I am unmarried, under 30 and with a virgin passport. purpose for visit is to attend my uncle and aunts graduation and thanks giving service in houston both went vide a DV lottery in 1994 and are a PRs now. I also intend attending a walk-in information and group session at the University of Houston Law Centre in preparedness for my LLM prog. Though I didn't state this in my application. I intend commencing my masters hopefull this time nxt yr. I am self sponsored with about 2mill in my current account.. In summary I intend to avail my self the opportunity of my 1 month annual leave to celebrate my birthday on the 29th with my uncle and his family whom I have not seen in almost 15years. I am abreast with all the legal documents required but I would like to know if the odds are against me as one without a previous travel history.

Thank you.

All your reasons for visit are valid.

But more valid if you included on your DS-160, a planned attendance and walk-in information and group session at the University of Houston Law Centre in preparation for your LLM programme.

You need to have solid ties to Nigeria as well.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
peter2010: Hello experts in the house. Please, as my visa interview draws nearer, i really need a quick clarification. My int. passports are now three, the initial one has all my visas (UK, 3 Schengen) and entry stamps while the next has about 3 UK visa refusal stamps on it which I believe have dented the passport. But my new passport which I'm using to apply has nothing on it. My question is: Should I remove the 2nd passport with refusal stamps since i don't need it or I should just combine all the passports and submit when requested for? And hope it wont av any adverse effect on the application. Your candid opinion asap will really be appreciated. Thanks for your usual cooperation.

Why were you refused UK visa when you claim to have been issued same UK visa previously?

There is what is regarded as administrative processing (AP) at the Dept of State, this is all encompassing and detailed investigation.

If you hide the second passport and you're unfortunate to get an AP, this will however pop up when an enquiry is sort at the UK Embassy.

The choice is yours.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Richystar4: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
I was at the embassy and I was denied visa under 214(B) act. How long do I need to wait to reapply?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by x2lambo(m): 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

Apply from the country you have the most ties: economic, family, job etc.
I am presently working in South africa same as my wife and we have our kid here will that be enough ties ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spicegirla: 11:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
Phema:

Actually, yes. There is a policy stating that Corp members are not allowed to travel outside the country except there is a cogent reason. And a letter must be written to the embassy by NYSC stating this reason and permitting you to travel within a specific period of time.

Well I don't know about NYSC having such policies, all I know is that my kid brother who was serving last year, travelled to the uk with me last summer while still serving. The only letter he got was from d principal of the school where he was doing his primary assignment. Maybe US has their own laws on that. Or maybe my brother was just lucky.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 05, 2014
spicegirla:
Well I don't know about NYSC having such policies, all I know is that my kid brother who was serving last year, travelled to the uk with me last summer while still serving. The only letter he got was from d principal of the school where he was doing his primary assignment. Maybe US has their own laws on that. Or maybe my brother was just lucky.

UK isn't strict about the rule.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by harlyon(m): 5:30am On Sep 05, 2014
x2lambo: I am presently working in South africa same as my wife and we have our kid here will that be enough ties ?
. Applying from SA will be your best bet sir
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 5:57am On Sep 05, 2014
Richystar4: I was at the embassy and I was denied visa under 214(B) act. How long do I need to wait to reapply?

Pls share your interview sir/ma
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2014
x2lambo: I am presently working in South africa same as my wife and we have our kid here will that be enough ties ?

Yes, if you possess a valid work permit with an extensive stay in South Africa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adekunleoba: 10:44am On Sep 05, 2014
@tzetzefly

Please do you have a very good immigration lawyer in USA, needed urgently
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sayoberry(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nicky01: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hello nairalanders am new here.my family and I went for an interview today and it was successful.i want to thank u all for the wonderful job well done.I actually learnt a lot from this thread which we used for the interview this morning.
Vo:hello
Dad:hi
Vo:u are taking thefamily on a vacation
Dad:yes
Vo:where r u going to
Dad;Dallas Texas
Vo: how long r u staying
Dad;10 days
Vo:would u be visting family or friends
Dad;friends
Vo:what do u do
Dadxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vo;how long have u worked there
Dad:28years
Vo:wow! (I must eat ure pension o)
Dad:okay
Vo:have the family travelled before
Dad: yes Dubai uk(severally) china
Vo:okay sir your visa has been approved pick up on Tuesday.
Thank u we all chorused...
It lasted about 2mins thank u all for u contributions it was very helpful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.