Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061372 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by blessedfavoured: 7:34am On Aug 29, 2014
tzetzefly:

A passport must be valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.

Go for a re-issuance of your travel document.

Not to be disrespectful to u tzetzefly in any way but my sister got a f1 visa with less than 6months validity on her passport. And she was given two years. The NIS people wouldn't even issue a passport that's not expiring in less than 6months

Edit: i was wrong, my sister was just lucky.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 29, 2014
blessedfavoured:

Not to be disrespectful to u tzetzefly in any way but my sister got a f1 visa with less than 6months validity on her passport. And she was given two years. The NIS people wouldn't even issue a passport that's not expiring in less than 6months

tzetzefly is actually correct. Your sister's case might just be a lucky exception. Most people who tried applying with passports with less than 6 months validity were refused visas and told to go get another passport.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skimmeh1: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2014
even at that, she can not fly with that passport which the visa was approved in. The Airlines also stick to these principle as part of flight condition. So advice your sister to go get her passport re-issued.
Phema:

tzetzefly is actually correct. Your sister's case might just be a lucky exception. Most people who tried applying with passports with less than 6 months validity were refused visas and told to go get another passport.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2014
skimmeh1: even at that, she can not fly with that passport which the visa was approved in. The Airlines also stick to these principle as part of flight condition. So advice your sister to go get her passport re-issued.

I thought so too. Better safe than sorry. . .

How are you these days? Wifey and baby? Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2014
Phema:

I hope you don't mind if I respond to this. . .

My husband's statement of account and mine also had different addresses from the one we stay now and I was granted effortlessly. That is not a problem at all.

Goodluck in you interview.

Thanks ma'am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blessedfavoured: 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Phema:

Oh wow, she's really lucky then. I should have added this was early this year like January.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blessedfavoured: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
skimmeh1: even at that, she can not fly with that passport which the visa was approved in. The Airlines also stick to these principle as part of flight condition. So advice your sister to go get her passport re-issued.

She got another passport before travelling... This happened january.
But I think the person who asked said next year 2015? That's like a year?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
blessedfavoured:

She got another passport before travelling... This happened january.
But I think the person who asked said next year 2015? That's like a year?
hello ma, we didnt hear from you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blessedfavoured: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
TeamclicksAir: hello ma, we didnt hear from you.

Change of plans, I'm so sorry.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
blessedfavoured:

Change of plans, I'm so sorry.
smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
adigunomomama: @tzetzefly

Pls I want you to help with this...

The address in my statement of acct is different
from my present address

Reason is that I just move to my new address not
long

Hope its nt a no no no to my B1/B2 visa.

Thanks

It's no problem at all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SMARTRON: 12:09am On Aug 30, 2014
i really appreciate we having a platform like that assist fellow Nigerian on way forward on immigration and other general issues. thumb up for you guys.

i will like to apply for an american visa for me and my family, of which my wife's cousin as already invited us, although we where refused last march after we where asked if we are going to have baby in the state, she also asked if we have ever travelled together as family i told her no even though me and my wife was in south africa last year, and i was also in the london in 2012. i told her we have never travelled as family since we had our baby. i will like you to advise me on what to do to get it right this time around. regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 1:51am On Aug 30, 2014
How can a person undergoing his NYSC present his/herself at the interview when asked ''what do you do?''

Does undergoing NYSC prohibit a person to travel out? if no;
How do you get a permission letter from NYSC to travel abroad?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blessedfavoured: 2:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Ess: How can a person undergoing his NYSC present his/herself at the interview when asked ''what do you do?''

Does undergoing NYSC prohibit a person to travel out? if no;
How do you get a permission letter from NYSC to travel abroad?

Ask your employer and/or LGI. They may or may not give you. Plus the letter might not be checked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Hi,please i intend staying in a hotel.My question is,should i type the name of d hotel i intend staying on d question of where i will stay in d US on d DS-160 form even though i've nt booked for d hotel?
Secondly,on d question of US contact address,which address should i type given that i know no body in US and that i'm attending a training?
Please an urgent response will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jeffobodo: 8:27am On Aug 30, 2014
Goodmorning tse-tse fly my sis and her husband with their 4year old daughter wants to visit the u.s this December for their Xmas holiday she works in a new generation bank while her husband is a high profile d.j,there don't have a travel history what are their chances and how will my aunt in the u.s draft the invite letter in terms of format and whom to address it to? Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2014
Hi Tzetzefly and Justwise,please i intend staying in a hotel.My question is,should i type the name of d hotel i intend staying on d question of where i will stay in d US on d DS-160 form even though i've nt booked for d hotel?
Secondly,on d question of US contact address,which address should i type given that i know no body in US and that i'm attending a training?Should i still provide d hotel address as contact address?
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 9:41am On Aug 30, 2014
blessedfavoured:

Ask your employer and/or LGI. They may or may not give you. Plus the letter might not be checked.

Thanks, my other question refers; if asked what do you do? Can I tell them that I'm serving but have my permit.

@Tzetzefly Im confused whether there is policy which does not allow corpers to travel abroad.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2014
Ess:
Thanks, my other question refers; if asked what do you do? Can I tell them that I'm serving but have my permit.

Im confused whether there is policy not to allow corpers to travel abroad.

Actually, yes. There is a policy stating that Corp members are not allowed to travel outside the country except there is a cogent reason. And a letter must be written to the embassy by NYSC stating this reason and permitting you to travel within a specific period of time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ivee2210(f): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
KweenCee: Hi Tzetzefly and Justwise,please i intend staying in a hotel.My question is,should i type the name of d hotel i intend staying on d question of where i will stay in d US on d DS-160 form even though i've nt booked for d hotel?
Secondly,on d question of US contact address,which address should i type given that i know no body in US and that i'm attending a training?Should i still provide d hotel address as contact address?
Thanks.

Permit me to add my 2 cents.....
1. As regards where you will stay in the US, it should be a booked accomodation (if staying in a hotel)
2. US contact can be the organizers of the training u will be attending.

That's how my ds 160 form was filled as regards the info u seek. The gurus here should be able to shed more light on it for u though.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ivee2210(f): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Phema: Just want to give back to this forum as you guys helped me prepare for my interview. Special thanks to tzetzefly kiss

Had my interview today at the Abuja Consulate and it was a breeze! Was interviewed by the man at window 6. Here is the excerpt;

VO: Good morning Ma'am

Me: Morning Sir

VO: *Studies my DS 160 for like 30secs*. You're going to have your baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Can I've your documents from the hospital?

Me: Sure. *passes the letter of responsibility from Doctoresparati, PayPal payment confirmation for letter of responsibility and email correspondences*

VO: *Glances through and nods head*. Can I've have your statement of account?

Me: My hubby is the one sponsoring, so i came with his. *hands him hubby's statements of accounts*

VO: *Glances through again*. Is this your first baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Congratulations and safe delivery!

Me: Thank you sir.

VO: What does your husband do?

Me: He's a *** with ***

VO: *Continues nodding and smiling* When do you intend travelling?

Me: November 26th

VO: Your visa has been granted. Please, do travel with these documents you have shown me. You may be asked at the POE.

Me: *Smiling uncontrollably* Thank you very much Sir.

VO: Have a nice day Ma'am.

Me: You too Sir.

All this took less than 2 minutes. I had the shortest interview compared to every other person before me. Now, I'm wondering why in the world I was so bothered. Couldn't sleep well last night cos of the interview.

Lol. Like seriously, the night before I had these ginormous butterflies in my belly and my interview was about 2mins too. Mine was by the woman at window 7, window 6 man wasn't so 'friendly' like the others the day my interview took place.

Congrats on ur visa, wish u a lovely trip & the safest of deliveries ever.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by blessedfavoured: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ess:

@Tzetzefly Im confused whether there is policy which does not allow corpers to travel abroad.

Yes you should tell them you are serving and you have taken permission to travel, or if your trip is like 4 months away or more you can say you will take permission from your lgi if you get the visa. If you are a teacher, make sure u plan to travel during the holidays. That's what my friend told me he did, can't be too sure.

Phema has answered your second question perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
ivee2210:
Lol. Like seriously, the night before I had these ginormous butterflies in my belly and my interview was about 2mins too. Mine was by the woman at window 7, window 6 man wasn't so 'friendly' like the others the day my interview took place.

Congrats on ur visa, wish u a lovely trip & the safest of deliveries ever.

Thanks alot! kiss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hello house...
Please does any1 know how i can edit info on my ds 160 app? I av submitted n scheduled an appointment already . I tried retrievin it from d site but i wasnt getin it. Will i need to fill anoda application? How will i reconcile d new application wit my appointment. I intend using d visa for birthing purpose so instead of selecting medical tourist i selected business touist. Please how do i go about dis?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by valour13: 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls what is my faith at next visit.
I have attended the us embassy twice but with disparity in ds-160 form.
I plan to go to the embassy soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lahwummie: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2014
Good Day, FRiends.
New here and have read through, but did not get a similar story to mine, so i have to write and ask.
I will be applying for a tourist visa, my wedding coming up by December. I will be going for wedding shopping and sight seeing. Intending of using like 2weeks.
(A)My fear is do i have to apply with my husband to be? (B)And I do not have any travelling history (Just Cotonou). (C)Had 2 uk visa refusal.
What are the advicesable documents to submit please. Was thinking of the following: Please help cross check.
1.Letter of employment. (been working like 2yrs with a financial institution).
2.Leave approval. (and a letter of introduction from my GM)
3.Tax idcard and company's id card.
4.Hotel reservation and itinerary.
5.Wedding invitation card.
6.Pre wedding photoshots.
7. A copy of order of wedding events layout.
8.My bank statement(salary and personal)
9. Consent letter from my husband to be.
10.A business registration name certificate(an event company Jan 2014 and few shares certificate)
All for now.
Please, as i read before my fear is if i will be questioned why am not going with my husband to be. Can i be refused on that or any other thing?
Please is there any other additional or subracted documents.
Thanks so much famz.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2014
@tzetzefly

Pls bro

Can you help me with the list of docs I need to go with to the Embassy.

Plsss

My interview is coming up soon this month...

Am going for a Conference sponsored by my company

Thanks and God Bless you More...

Happy New Month to everyone.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skimmeh1: 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
we are all good my sister. Thanks for asking. Best regards to your family and have a wonderful September.
Phema:

I thought so too. Better safe than sorry. . .

How are you these days? Wifey and baby? Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
adigunomomama: @tzetzefly

Pls bro

Can you help me with the list of docs I need to go with to the Embassy.

Plsss

My interview is coming up soon this month...

Am going for a Conference sponsored by my company

Thanks and God Bless you More...

Happy New Month to everyone.

The applicant's passport.

The receipt number from GT Bank receipt.

The ten (10) digit barcode number from the applicant's DS-160 confirmation page.

Proof of funds.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hi guys,
Please is someone's fiancé her relative? I'm confused on the answer to give to the question of whether I have a relative in the US or not.
Can a fiancé be classified as a relative?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionup11: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
hello guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.