Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059670 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Steel2014: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Steel2014: Hello everyone. I'm new here. I want to apply for a B1 /B2 visa for my wife's niece who is under 17 to enable her travel to the US with us. Pls, I need your advice on how to go about that. Thank you

Kindly assist me with your suggestions pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by basica7000: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2014
I posted it yesterday
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femredhead: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
@Tzetzefly and other gurus in d house... Can one get 6months authorized stay on his/her I-94 form even if just to attend 5days conference?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
femredhead: @Tzetzefly and other gurus in d house. Can one get 6months authorized stay on his/her I-94 form even if just to attend 5days conference?

It is at the discretion of the CBP officer once you get to the entry port.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femredhead: 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
Okay....Thanx.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Oscar22: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
hi guy i want to apply for american tourist visa, i have study permit in south Africa,i want to travel to america for holiday during Christmas and new year i don't know to go about it but im planning to come back to Nigeria and apply I need some advise hopefully someone can help me..? i want to visit Florida, some places, Florida keys, Seaworld Orlando,Disney s Hollywood, Legomand Florida, Magic kingdom, I am thinking of coming back home and Apply because of my bank statement,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ajanlekoko0105(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
@tzetzefly
Hello bro..I could see the number of lives you have changed on this forum..God bless you..I am self employed and just visited dubai last month..I have german visa on my former passport but I didn't go..that was 2009.I am married with 2kids..what is my chance of getting US visit visa or tourism visa on this..
Thrown to everybody on the forum
Re: Usa Visit Visa by z3us(m): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
hello house, @tzetzefly
First of all i must commend every1 here, u guyz are doing a great job.please i just wanna throw in a quick one,my wife and i are going for interview nxt month,wot bother me is that my wife's passport will expire in dec 2015,dunno if if wud affect visa been given since US issues 2yrs visa...advise needed pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 12:32am On Aug 25, 2014
@justwise,
Please, I am applying for a tourist visa and I need to know which of these do I choose:
1. Can my business associates, who I am his team leader in Nigeria invite me and also stand as my sponsor? He is a US citizen and I've never met him one on one. We only discuss through calls and chat.

2. Or can my dad who has never travelled be my sponsor? I am an ND graduate and I am just 21. I own two businesses and cater for my parents and siblings. I'm currently having my Industrial Training program in a state Ministry.
So, please, which of the two listed above is much acceptable and advisable to follow?
Please, I need your suggestions and advice. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2014
Oscar22: hi guy i want to apply for american tourist visa, i have study permit in south Africa,i want to travel to america for holiday during Christmas and new year i don't know to go about it but im planning to come back to Nigeria and apply I need some advise hopefully someone can help me..? i want to visit Florida, some places, Florida keys, Seaworld Orlando,Disney s Hollywood, Legomand Florida, Magic kingdom, I am thinking of coming back home and Apply because of my bank statement,

Then apply from Nigeria as you wish:

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:45am On Aug 25, 2014
ajanlekoko0105: @tzetzefly
Hello bro..I could see the number of lives you have changed on this forum..God bless you..I am self employed and just visited dubai last month..I have german visa on my former passport but I didn't go..that was 2009.I am married with 2kids..what is my chances of getting US visit visa or tourism visa on this..

Have you travelled previously together with your family?

It pays at this time to apply together with them and since you're not single, you have a better chance than applying alone.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
z3us: hello house, @tzetzefly
First of all i must commend every1 here, u guyz are doing a great job.please i just wanna throw in a quick one,my wife and i are going for interview nxt month,wot bother me is that my wife's passport will expire in dec 2015,dunno if if wud affect visa been given since US issues 2yrs visa...advise needed pls

A passport must be valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.

Go for a re-issuance of your travel document.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
charzyh2: Please, I am applying for a tourist visa and I need to know which of these do I choose:
1. Can my business associates, who I am his team leader in Nigeria invite me and also stand as my sponsor? He is a US citizen and I've never met him one on one. We only discuss through calls and chat.

2. Or can my dad who has never travelled be my sponsor? I am an ND graduate and I am just 21. I own two businesses and cater for my parents and siblings. I'm currently having my Industrial Training program in a state Ministry.
So, please, which of the two listed above is much acceptable and advisable to follow?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifegy: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
charzyh2: @justwise,
Please, I am applying for a tourist visa and I need to know which of these do I choose:

You've asked the same questions over and over, in all your posts to date, and have received many replies, including directly from the US NIV officers. It does seem you are extremely keen to leave the country, and that a 'visit' may not be all that you intend. You should be advised that hoping to use a visit visa to escape is a very big no-no, as you will have an extremely hard time scrambling to survive, if you manage to get there. Plus, such desperation will make you an easy victim of 'visa agents'.
You are an ND student. There are many threads in the travel section that discuss studying abroad in countries with low tuition fees, such as Germany, Finland, etc. Why not face your studies, save the money you're hoping to use for this trip and use it to further your education in these countries, get a solid degree and position yourself to live/work/study in the country of your choice, eventually? That will be far better for you than spending energy trying to figure out some way of getting people you've never met in the US to sponsor your trip, etc. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 1:46am On Aug 26, 2014
ifegy:

You've asked the same questions over and over, in all your posts to date, and have received many replies, including directly from the US NIV officers. It does seem you are extremely keen to leave the country, and that a 'visit' may not be all that you intend. You should be advised that hoping to use a visit visa to escape is a very big no-no, as you will have an extremely hard time scrambling to survive, if you manage to get there. Plus, such desperation will make you an easy victim of 'visa agents'.
You are an ND student. There are many threads in the travel section that discuss studying abroad in countries with low tuition fees, such as Germany, Finland, etc. Why not face your studies, save the money you're hoping to use for this trip and use it to further your education in these countries, get a solid degree and position yourself to live/work/study in the country of your choice, eventually? That will be far better for you than spending energy trying to figure out some way of getting people you've never met in the US to sponsor your trip, etc. All the best.

oh! Is that your thought? I got different answers from the guys here and offline experts. I don't just understand... My main reason of going there for me is just pleasure. I know how hard it takes for Nigerian Phd holders to start a menial job over there. I am a business owner here with few workers and I am a network marketer as well. Do we have anything bad in having pleasures and seeing other parts of the world again?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ajanlekoko0105(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2014
tzetzefly:

Have you travelled previously together with your family?

It pays at this time to apply together with them and since you're not single, you have a better chance than applying alone.

No,I have never travelled together with them..should I apply just with my wife or together with the 2kids?should we apply for visit or tourist
Re: Usa Visit Visa by choco2014: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
hi
i m really happy 2 tell u all dat me n my family's USA visa has been approved.
i m really thankful to all the guru of this forum for answering my question especially tzetzefly. this forum really help me in making my case successfully. thanks every1... God bless u all.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ajanlekoko0105(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
choco2014: hi
i m really happy 2 tell u all dat me n my family's USA visa has been approved.
i m really thankful to all the guru of this forum for answering my question especially tzetzefly. this forum really help me in making my case successfully. thanks every1... God bless u all.

Congrat,bro..best of luck...can you give us the interview procedure please to learn from you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Just want to give back to this forum as you guys helped me prepare for my interview. Special thanks to tzetzefly kiss

Had my interview today at the Abuja Consulate and it was a breeze! Was interviewed by the man at window 6. Here is the excerpt;

VO: Good morning Ma'am

Me: Morning Sir

VO: *Studies my DS 160 for like 30secs*. You're going to have your baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Can I've your documents from the hospital?

Me: Sure. *passes the letter of responsibility from Doctoresparati, PayPal payment confirmation for letter of responsibility and email correspondences*

VO: *Glances through and nods head*. Can I've have your statement of account?

Me: My hubby is the one sponsoring, so i came with his. *hands him hubby's statements of accounts*

VO: *Glances through again*. Is this your first baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Congratulations and safe delivery!

Me: Thank you sir.

VO: What does your husband do?

Me: He's a *** with ***

VO: *Continues nodding and smiling* When do you intend travelling?

Me: November 26th

VO: Your visa has been granted. Please, do travel with these documents you have shown me. You may be asked at the POE.

Me: *Smiling uncontrollably* Thank you very much Sir.

VO: Have a nice day Ma'am.

Me: You too Sir.

All this took less than 2 minutes. I had the shortest interview compared to every other person before me. Now, I'm wondering why in the world I was so bothered. Couldn't sleep well last night cos of the interview.

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ntutu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
I greet everybody in this room and wish all of us well.Please, i got and invitation for Anambra state Association Convention in USA , which will be holding by 16 and 19th of October.Which of the VISA type should i go for and for how long will the VISA last.Thanks so much and God bless as you put me through this enquires.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
ajanlekoko0105:

No,I have never travelled together with them..should I apply just with my wife or together with the 2kids?should we apply for visit or tourist

You can proceed together with your wife for tourism while leaving your kids with grandparents. They should love this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ajanlekoko0105(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
tzetzefly:

You can proceed together with your wife for tourism while leaving your kids with grandparents. They should love this.

Thanks bros...what are the document required..I am self employed,reg company and my wife has a pharmaceutical shop she has no travel experience
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:15am On Aug 27, 2014
ajanlekoko0105:

Thanks bros...what are the document required..I am self employed,reg company and my wife has a pharmaceutical shop she has no travel experience

No document is required, you get to only defend what you fill on your DS-160.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello,

I am a young man interested in getting a visit visa to USA. I have no travel history and when It comes to ties to my home country, I will like to use my business. I have a booming business here in Nigeria that I have built up for many years.

I am young, so not married. Please what are the steps to take

Anyway, I have more than enough money to sponsor my trip, I just want to know if I stand a chance to get visa on a virgin passport and also, since I am young. Below 24
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AceMiss: 4:41am On Aug 28, 2014
Hello Tzetz(please complete the rest) and other gurus in the house,I do have a question for you. A friend just got a US visa issued recently and one of the question asked at the interview was if he will be visiting any other state in the US apart from Maryland that was stated in his application and he answered "NO". Now,he is planning to travel but intends to visit newyork and chicago. Is he going to have problems at the POE and with subsequent application(he intends to be truthful when asked about it). Please what do you think
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2014
AceMiss: Hello Tzetz(please complete the rest) and other gurus in the house,I do have a question for you. A friend just got a US visa issued recently and one of the question asked at the interview was if he will be visiting any other state in the US apart from Maryland that was stated in his application and he answered "NO". Now,he is planning to travel but intends to visit newyork and chicago. Is he going to have problems at the POE and with subsequent application(he intends to be truthful when asked about it). Please what do you think

He wont be bothered at the point of entry.

However, he must have a clear purpose for travelling outside Maryland, he could be asked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2014
Alexkene: Hello,

I am a young man interested in getting a visit visa to USA. I have no travel history and when It comes to ties to my home country, I will like to use my business. I have a booming business here in Nigeria that I have built up for many years.

I am young, so not married. Please what are the steps to take

Anyway, I have more than enough money to sponsor my trip, I just want to know if I stand a chance to get visa on a virgin passport and also, since I am young. Below 24

Your age braket going for tourism is a big flash point for a CO.

Not married, never travelled, no social ties to your country, all tilts negativelly against you.

Be patient, build your profile as a previous traveller. Then come back for a U.S. visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2014
ntutu: I greet everybody in this room and wish all of us well.Please, i got and invitation for Anambra state Association Convention in USA , which will be holding by 16 and 19th of October.Which of the VISA type should i go for and for how long will the VISA last.Thanks so much and God bless as you put me through this enquires.

A ''B''category visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lahwummie: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Good Day, FRiends.
New here and have read through, but did not get a similar story to mine, so i have to write and ask.
I will be applying for a tourist visa, my wedding coming up by December. I will be going for wedding shopping and sight seeing. Intending of using like 2weeks.
(A)My fear is do i have to apply with my husband to be? (B)And I do not have any travelling history (Just Cotonou). (C)Had 2 uk visa refusal.
What are the advicesable documents to submit please. Was thinking of the following: Please help cross check.
1.Letter of employment. (been working like 2yrs with a financial institution).
2.Leave approval. (and a letter of introduction from my GM)
3.Tax idcard and company's id card.
4.Hotel reservation and itinerary.
5.Wedding invitation card.
6.Pre wedding photoshots.
7. A copy of order of wedding events layout.
8.My bank statement(salary and personal)
9. Consent letter from my husband to be.
10.A business registration name certificate(an event company Jan 2014 and few shares certificate)
All for now.
Please, as i read before my fear is if i will be questioned why am not going with my husband to be. Can i be refused on that or any other thing?
Please is there any other additional or subracted documents.
Thanks so much famz.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 5:16am On Aug 29, 2014
@tzetzefly

Pls I want you to help with this...

The address in my statement of acct is different
from my present address

Reason is that I just move to my new address not
long

Hope its nt a no no no to my B1/B2 visa.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 29, 2014
adigunomomama: @tzetzefly
Pls I want you to help with this...
The address in my statement of acct is different
from my present address
Reason is that I just move to my new address not
long
Hope its nt a no no no to my B1/B2 visa.
Thanks

I hope you don't mind if I respond to this. . .

My husband's statement of account and mine also had different addresses from the one we stay now and I was granted effortlessly. That is not a problem at all.

Goodluck in you interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.