Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,206 members, 7,849,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063528 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by zeezahbee(f): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello guys, make help me o
My Cousin went to the Lagos embassy and he was denied a visit visa.
He has a job and he earns 270k /month.
He currently has 2.7million in his account
he applied for tourism and he has hotel reservation, leave letter and all the supporting document.
His leave is for 14days but he wants to spend 10days.
The vo only asked two questions, what do u want to do in USA and are you married ? He said he is single but getting married in 3month
He has travelled to uk , south Africa and Dubai in the past but he has a new passport now.
The interview was in Lagos

Please I no sabi about visit visa, what do u think could be wrong because he has booked another appointment for next Tuesday
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
Please I no sabi about visit visa, what do u think could be wrong because he has booked another appointment for next Tuesday

They were probably not convinced that he would return after his visit.
Re-booking so quickly can look like he is desparate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kookny(m): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
davidylan:

this post is a symbol of everything i like about nigerians... confidence and a unique speaking style that is downright hilarious.

Oga Davidylan, I want to have a chat with you pls.

I'm not a scammer, I'm a Nigerian that needs your assistance in my bid to further my career. I sent you a pm
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
worry357:

They were probably not convinced that he would return after his visit.
Re-booking so quickly can look like he is desparate.
not in all cases, if his reason is justifiable then why not book the appointment again, some people have done it and it has worked for them and it didn't work for some,let him try his luck abeg,and if the luck shine congratulations to him
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
zeezahbee:
Hello guys, make help me o
My Cousin went to the Lagos embassy and he was denied a visit visa.
He has a job and he earns 270k /month.
He currently has 2.7million in his account
he applied for tourism and he has hotel reservation, leave letter and all the supporting document.
His leave is for 14days but he wants to spend 10days.
The vo only asked two questions, what do u want to do in USA and are you married ? He said he is single but getting married in 3month
He has travelled to uk , south Africa and Dubai in the past but he has a new passport now.
The interview was in Lagos

when was the last refusal?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
HAPPY EASTER TO U FRINDS,MAY ALMIGHTY GOD
CONTINUE TO BLESS U ALL.

TUNDE EURO alias BLACK THUG..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hi team
I am due in embassy tomorrow with wify. But because I stay outside lagos I just picked my introduction from my letter from my office during this easter holiday from a colleague. Upon opening it I found out that the subject nname is mine while in the body of the mail they wrongly put another name. What can I do? Should I just appear with the document even when part of it is wrong. Before and amended copy will get to me it will be tuesday pm and my interview is 8am. Cheers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
bugativeron:
Hi team
I am due in embassy tomorrow with wify. But because I stay outside lagos I just picked my introduction from my letter from my office during this easter holiday from a colleague. Upon opening it I found out that the subject nname is mine while in the body of the mail they wrongly put another name. What can I do? Should I just appear with the document even when part of it is wrong. Before and amended copy will get to me it will be tuesday pm and my interview is 8am. Cheers.

If it is not possible to get it amended b4 ur interview, u can proceed and explain to the VO about what happened, they might not even ask for the introduction letter, they don't rely too much on documents........go collect your visa and come post the scripts here.. cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
shinejackie:

If it is not possible to get it amended b4 ur interview, u can proceed and explain to the VO about what happened, they might not even ask for the introduction letter, they don't rely too much on documents........go collect your visa and come post the scripts here.. cool
Thanks for ur kind words
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
bugativeron:

Thanks for ur kind words

Hey Bro! I can see u r not going for the interview/plan to travel with your kid(s). Hope u v a well thought-out answer incase the VO picks on that. IMO, its a decision that can swing both side.

#gopickupyourvisas
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
100dollarbills:

Hey Bro! I can see u r not going for the interview/plan to travel with your kid(s). Hope u v a well thought-out answer incase the VO picks on that. IMO, its a decision that can swing both side.

#gopickupyourvisas

@ dollarbills no we are not going with the children cos we are going for our 10th year wedding anniversary and it was supposed to be for fun just for us. Will they expect me to take the children along?
Please respond.

Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
bugativeron:

@ dollarbills no we are not going with the children cos we are going for our 10th year wedding anniversary and it was supposed to be for fun just for us. Will they expect me to take the children along?
Please respond.

Regards

@ bolded......Exactly my point!!! Its also meant to be perceived as ur tie back home by the VO. As earlier advised, @ d slightest opportunity, have it well spelt-out for the VO that u and madam are going for wedding anniversary and not family vacation

Best of luck sir

#gopickupyourvisa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yinkaorry(f): 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
hi guys, i and my hubby wants to try us going on vacation to the us. we do not have any travelling experiences at all. besides my passport still bears my maiden name since it has not expired yet after we got married. it will expire 2017 changing of name requires a long procedures and i have to get to abuja to effect that. we are considering using hotel reservation method. we want to do this on our own without the help of those hungry agents.e i work in IBEDC while my husband is into real estate. please advise. thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darlingboi: 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
Pls I need help I will be going for interview for us visting visa but I made a mistake when am filling my interview foam online were dy ask me when I will travl I wrote 29th april and I later check my iv letter well and noticed that my cousin which am going to hon his graduation ceremony is celebrating it on 16th may so I travel on 29th april dat means dat I can't attend his cerebration again cos my office gave me only 2week leave so I now have to explain to my boss to shift my leave date so hw will I explain it to embassy abt d mistake pls help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by zeezahbee(f): 1:42am On Apr 07, 2015
chloe7:
when was the last refusal?
2 weeks ago
he has booked another interview for april 14. what do you think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Good luck Bugativeron. Just said a wee prayer for U
#gopickupyourvisaNwanne cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Good luck Bugativeron. Just said a wee prayer for U
#gopickupyourvisaNwanne cheesy

Hope u are preparing 4ur interview in ghana cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sanchezzz: 7:39am On Apr 07, 2015
Good morning , will be going for two weeks conference in USA next month. my passport expires this june. can I still apply with this same passport or I renew my passport.
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2015
sanchezzz:
Good morning , will be going for two weeks conference in USA next month. my passport expires this june. can I still apply with this same passport or I renew my passport.
Thanks.

Your passport should be 6 months valid before departure to your destination (intended country of choice), so if you ask me, l will say renew it and apply for the visa or get the visa and renew ur kpali..... wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sanchezzz: 8:14am On Apr 07, 2015
shinejackie:

Your passport should be 6 months valid before departure to your destination (intended country of choice), so if you ask me, l will say renew it and apply for the visa or get the visa and renew ur kpali..... wink

Thanks bro.. so I can apply for the visa first and renew my passport before I travel..
appreciate it bro.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2015
shinejackie:

Hope u are preparing 4ur interview in ghana cool
My broda! I just weak like weakling o. I de prepare small small o dey jack my form like exam o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IdrisAdebiye: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2015
God be praised. Thank you to members that posted their transcripts. I was at VI this morning (was number one) interviewed at exactly 7:20am.

VO. Good Morning
Me. Good morning
Vo. Why are you going to Maimi
Me: For our annual vacation
Vo. Have u ever travelled out of d country
Me. Yes, had our honeymoon in the UK last November
Vo. What other countries have you been to
Me: Turkey, Jordan for official training and Dubai
Vo. What type of training
Me. Banking application
Vo. Where do you work?
Me. A BANK PLC
Vo. How long have you work there
Me. 7 years
Vo. How much do you earn
Me. N4XX,Bleep after tax
Vo. What do you do there
Me: I do basic banking operations bla bla bla
Vo. Who's paying for this trip
Me. I am
Vo. Your wife has a visa?
Me. Yes she does (gave the VO my wife’s passport)
Vo. How long are you staying in Florida
Me. Just 12 days
Vo. How long have you been married
Me. 5 months
Vo. Your visa has been approved, please pick up your passport at so so.
Me. Thank u

Note I got most of the response from here and answered exactly what I filled on my DS 160 form and nothing but the truth.
Wishing others the very best.

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

My broda! I just weak like weakling o. I de prepare small small o dey jack my form like exam o!

The bold got me laughing, relax ur nerves, it wont be more than what u have passed through in other visa applications, same human but different environment, they just want to see u and re-confirm all u filled in ur 2013 FSWP... cool

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Solo84(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2015
IdrisAdebiye:
God be praised. Thank you to members that posted their transcripts. I was at VI this morning (was number one) interviewed at exactly 7:20am.
VO. Good Morning
Me. Good morning
Vo. Why are you going to Maimi
Me: For our annual vacation
Vo. Have u ever travelled out of d country
Me. Yes, had our honeymoon in the UK last November
Vo. What other countries have you been to
Me: Turkey, Jordan for official training and Dubai
Vo. What type of training
Me. Banking application
Vo. Where do you work?
Me. A BANK PLC
Vo. How long have you work there
Me. 7 years
Vo. How much do you earn
Me. N4XX,Bleep after tax
Vo. What do you do there
Me: I do basic banking operations bla bla bla
Vo. Who's paying for this trip
Me. I am
Vo. Your wife has a visa?
Me. Yes she does (gave the VO my wife’s passport)
Vo. How long are you staying in Florida
Me. Just 12 days
Vo. How long have you been married
Me. 5 months
Vo. Your visa has been approved, please pick up your passport at so so.
Me. Thank u
Note I got most of the response from here and answered exactly what I filled on my DS 160 form and nothing but the truth.
Wishing others the very best.

Congrats bro. It's all grace... Cheers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Everyone on this forum I need your advice, I have a dear friend who has messed herself up in the US embassy totally, she attended her Abuja interview last week Monday, she said the agent she used she paid him 350k ,he filled married woman for her meanwhile she's not married, and some other Yama Yama information, after the interview again he now still called her and said he could arrange something for her and she will still go back to the embassy again with another booked appointment, maybe with a kid, I laughed at loud when I heard this gist, abeg make una tell me advice to join the one whey i don give her
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
chloe7:
Everyone on this forum I need your advice, I have a dear friend who has messed herself up in the US embassy totally, she attended her Abuja interview last week Monday, she said the agent she used she paid him 350k ,he filled married woman for her meanwhile she's not married, and some other Yama Yama information, after the interview again he now still called her and said he could arrange something for her and she will still go back to the embassy again with another booked appointment, maybe with a kid, I laughed at loud when I heard this gist, abeg make una tell me advice to join the one whey i don give her

First as you realise you must get her away from that THIEF agent, preferably without paying any more money.
The she must find out what damage has been done at the USA embassy. She could have been banned but the THIEF agent will still try to bleed money.
If she was rejected then she needs to get a copy of the letter that the embassy issued, she may need to ask them as the THIEF agent may not be very helpfull.
Having told the US visa that she is married, that will be on record.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
chloe7:

350k for US visa?

Wow! Are people that lame? When you can do it yourself.

For 350k you can book a cheap hotel for a week and have something left over for a ticket on Qatar Airways. Last last I will assist you fill your form free of charge.

People please stay away from agents. They only want your money and will ruin your record withe embassies.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Some peeps only learn the hard way, she may have to come out clean during her next interview ( her confession to the VO might attract leniency to her but for her to go back with more lies is a NO,NO or else she might as well kiss the US good bye because her credibility will be in doubt in future applications), tell the VO she was misled by the wayo and wuruwuru agent but she is now ready to tell the truth in her new application.........or else she will need to keep telling more lies to undo what the dagbo agent has done already............when u tell d truth, u do not need to recall several lies to cover anything........honesty pays all d time.... wink

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
thegreengooner:

350k for US visa?

Wow! Are people that lame? When you can do it yourself.

For 350k you can book a cheap hotel for a week and have something left over for a ticket on Qatar Airways. Last last I will assist you fill your form free of charge.

People please stay away from agents. They only want your money and will ruin your record withe embassies.

snt u a mail.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Teeboy22:

snt u a mail.

ok...but please can you ask your question here als0

thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Worry! Worry!! Worry!!! How many times I call u? Lol. Point made bluntly.
My friend Chloe na serious matter be this o. If she didn't answer the married question verbally, she can claim it was an agent's error. If she did...na to go and confess. Which *cough! na lonnnng thing!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Your advice could lead someone into trouble.
The visa office takes the view that anything submitted is know, understod and the total responsiblity of the applicant.
They have many times in the past banned someone for ten years because of information given by THIEF agent!
Going back and claiming that you did not know what was being submitted just annoys them.
It is your signed application and you should know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.