Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061778 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pmama: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fast link/People
I applied to the us embassy and was denied visa, I was handed over the same form that a couple that was interviewed before me were given. I was going to travel with my 6 year old son for 3 weeks. You may be able to learn one or two things from me. The interview went thus.
VO. May I see your passports.
Me. Handed the 2 passports over both were virgin, I had my expired passport with a Schengen visa but she didn’t ask for it and I didn’t show it.
Vo. Where do you work. I told her
Vo. Job Title. Told her
VO. Have you been denied before.
Me. Yes.
Vo. What was the purpose of your travel then.
Me. Was Invited by a friend.
Vo. And now?
Me. I have an invite from a friend.
VO. Can I see the letter? Showed her
Vo. Who is sponsoring this trip. I am
VO. May I have your acct Statement. I showed her. (Saw my salary on the statement, over 300k and asked if that was my salary, I confirmed it. I had filled my salary including tax in the online form so it shows 64k less)
Vo. How many Kids do you have.
Me. 2
VO. Where is the other one?
Me. Wouldn’t be traveling with me, will stay back with my hubby.
Vo. How much will this trip cost you?
Me. About 800k. I had over a million in my acct.
VO. What does your hubby do.
Me. Business.
VO. Hands a form to me. I am sorry you do not qualify for a visa.
Can I do UK immediately? or go to Dubai first?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pmama: Fast link/People
I applied to the us embassy and was denied visa, I was handed over the same form that a couple that was interviewed before me were given. I was going to travel with my 6 year old son for 3 weeks. You may be able to learn one or two things from me. The interview went thus.
VO. May I see your passports.
Me. Handed the 2 passports over both were virgin, I had my expired passport with a Schengen visa but she didn’t ask for it and I didn’t show it.
Vo. Where do you work. I told her
Vo. Job Title. Told her
VO. Have you been denied before.
Me. Yes.
Vo. What was the purpose of your travel then.
Me. Was Invited by a friend.
Vo. And now?
Me. I have an invite from a friend.
VO. Can I see the letter? Showed her
Vo. Who is sponsoring this trip. I am
VO. May I have your acct Statement. I showed her. (Saw my salary on the statement, over 300k and asked if that was my salary, I confirmed it. I had filled my salary including tax in the online form so it shows 64k less)
Vo. How many Kids do you have.
Me. 2
VO. Where is the other one?
Me. Wouldn’t be traveling with me, will stay back with my hubby.
Vo. How much will this trip cost you?
Me. About 800k. I had over a million in my acct.
VO. What does your hubby do.
Me. Business.
VO. Hands a form to me. I am sorry you do not qualify for a visa.
Can I do UK immediately? or go to Dubai first?

Hmm, that was not cool at all, which of the us embassies is that? UK will give you a VISA.

I think it has something to do with your previous application or the V.O. did not feel like giving you a visa.
next time, apply alone and let your family go later.
cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
mamathrice: Thanks Fastlink. If my former interview comes up, what should I say? Should I insist that I didn't know I was pregnant at the time or should I confess that I lied?

Yeah,stick to it since you did not know, or did you know? smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pmama: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thanks fastlink it was in Abuja. like you said I will try Uk alone and see how it goes. how long will it take before I apply to the US Embassy again?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pmama: Thanks fastlink it was in Abuja. like you said I will try Uk alone and see how it goes. how long will it take before I apply to the US Embassy again?
you can apply anytime
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
FAST-LINK:

Yeah,stick to it since you did not know, or did you know? smiley
like gbenga said, you can apply immediately or is anything written in your passport?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mamathrice: 5:47am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:35am On Sep 03, 2012
@FASTLINK and others, pls my interview is soon to come up and i need to tidy things properly before appearing. My uncle wants to cover we up with an appointment letter and letter of introduction as his employee but the business name is registered as ENTERPRISE Is it worthy and recognised at the embassy? Also he doesnt have the company seal and i think it should reflect on the documents he's giving especially on the appointment letter. He can only have them stamped. Please does it make sense? 3)Do I necesarily need tax clearance cos am sponsoring myself as a tourist for 1 week. .4) how do I foster a perfect home ties ? Thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2012
opsy4real1: @FASTLINK and others, pls my interview is soon to come up and i need to tidy things properly before appearing. My uncle wants to cover we up with an appointment letter and letter of introduction as his employee but the business name is registered as ENTERPRISE Is it worthy and recognised at the embassy? Also he doesnt have the company seal and i think it should reflect on the documents he's giving especially on the appointment letter. He can only have them stamped. Please does it make sense? 3)Do I necesarily need tax clearance cos am sponsoring myself as a tourist for 1 week. .4) how do I foster a perfect home ties ? Thanx

The consular is wise, he or she might easily
sight the enterprise thing...

seal or stamp will do.

if you're working you're suppose to be paying tax!

are you married or single? got a biz of ur own here?
got a house built by you?

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ok regards the tax clearance, will get it done. I'm still single and yet to acquire any property. Can I arrange a back up letter of consent and recomendatiön frm my fiancee though we are not planning any wedding for now. I have a 2week travel experience to a part of asia last year. Hope that'll help. Again, hope the enterprise thing is okay if stamped or shud I look for a 'Ltd' cover up? I do not have my own biz. Thanx always [uote author=suxes2005]

The consular is wise, he or she might easily
sight the enterprise thing...

seal or stamp will do.

if you're working you're suppose to be paying tax!

are you married or single? got a biz of ur own here?
got a house built by you?

Sheyi[/quote]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
opsy4real1: Ok regards the tax clearance, will get it done. I'm still single and yet to acquire any property. Can I arrange a back up letter of consent and recomendatiön frm my fiancee though we are not planning any wedding for now. I have a 2week travel experience to a part of asia last year. Hope that'll help. Again, hope the enterprise thing is okay if stamped or shud I look for a 'Ltd' cover up? I do not have my own biz. Thanx always

Hello,

Hope you'll bw able to defend whatever document you're presenting, you'd be surprised to have the VO asked you about your job and what benefit your trip would bring to your company.
why can't you sponsor yourself instead of your company and how much you have in your account and your monthly income.

To be honest with you, it won't be easy since you are still single and don't have a very good job.
Nevertheless, with good packaging, you'd get the Visa but misrepresentation has it's own consequencies if caught.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
FAST-LINK:

Hello,

Hope you'll bw able to defend whatever document you're presenting, you'd be surprised to have the VO asked you about your job and what benefit your trip would bring to your company.
why can't you sponsor yourself instead of your company and how much you have in your account and your monthly income.

To be honest with you, it won't be easy since you are still single and don't have a very good job.
Nevertheless, with good packaging, you'd get the Visa but misrepresentation has it's own consequencies if caught.

Many thanx but am actually sponsoring myself on a week tour visit to the U.S. I'm applying to spend part of my leave term there which is 2wks approved as will be stated in the letter of introduction as Accounts Officer. I'm using hotel reservation and Like 700k in account and 120k as monthly salary.
N,b and I got a business conference and expo ticket to hold here in nigeria 2 wks after my supposed tour term as attendee to represent the enterprise i work with. I guess that'l help too and such wud be indicated in the introductn letter. Or whats ur take on that too? Cos am trying see to get paperwork done properly b4 interview. Thx

You said 'with good packaging' i'll get my visa. PLEASE, guide me in ensuring good packaging.lol cos I cant wait to get my visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2012
opsy4real1:

Many thanx but am actually sponsoring myself on a week tour visit to the U.S. I'm applying to spend part of my leave term there which is 2wks approved as will be stated in the letter of introduction as Accounts Officer. I'm using hotel reservation and Like 700k in account and 120k as monthly salary.
N,b and I got a business conference and expo ticket to hold here in nigeria 2 wks after my supposed tour term as attendee to represent the enterprise i work with. I guess that'l help too and such wud be indicated in the introductn letter. Or whats ur take on that too? Cos am trying see to get paperwork done properly b4 interview. Thx

You said 'with good packaging' I'll get my visa. PLEASE, guide me in ensuring good packaging.lol cos I cant wait to get my visa
Hi,
Going through this your post made me think you had got it all planned out and was only trying to expose your tricks online forgetting that it could find itself at an unintended destination.
cheers!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2012
FAST-LINK:

Hi,
Going through this your post made me think you had got it all planned out and was only trying to expose your tricks online forgetting that it could find itself at an unintended destination.
cheers!
Hmmm..unintended destination?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fadinus(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
Fast link i need ur advice o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by imadebaby: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2012
Hi tdave am goin for d interview by month end wit my family what n what questions whr u guys asked?

T daves: Please I am meant to visit US this year with my family and I was in the embassy today, but the CO told me to change the Visa Category on DS160 for my 5month old daughter to INFANT, and bring the confirmation tomorrow by 1pm and pick our VISA's on thursday. Is there any VISA class for infant?? urgent response would be highly appreciated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by imadebaby: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2012
Hi stone4rock what kind of questions do they ask family goin for interview.do dey question d husband wife n kids too

stone4rock: I have finally picked up my US visa last week. sorry i have been unable to share my experience since then based on my busy schedules.
Where do i start from hmmmmmm, God is ever faithful;
i actually forgot my GTbank visa payment receipt in the house still God was merciful. my interview was scheduled for 8:30am having gone thru series of procedural stages my number was eventually called around 12:30pm at window 2..meanwhile the dark complexion brat at window 2 wasn't in her good office 2 issue visa, needless do i have 2 pinpoint that she virtually rejected every other individual that appeared before her. while the white guy at window 1
was issuing visa though he was bombarding most folks with questions but d fact remains that he was friendly..
while i was still hoping to be called upon by a cheerful CO there and then my number popped up at window 2..
"my own don finish 2day"(i droned).

CO: Good afternoon sir, may i have your passport plz.
Me: yea Goodday (i pass the passport thru)
CO: Why do u want to visit the Us?
Me: To honour my family friend's invitation, he has asked me to visit him and his family in d US.
CO: how long has he been in the US?
Me: 3yrs
CO: how long have you known him?
Me: 6yrs
CO: how did he become an immigrant?
Me: Via DV lottery.
CO: does he have kids?
Me: yea he has 2 kids.
CO: where do you work?
Me: i work with .......Nig. Com. ltd
CO: how much do u earn?
Me: i earn about ..........6 digit
CO: are you married?
Me: no, but i shud be married by october 2012..
CO: oh dats nice, fake smile...
Me: within myself (abi u won marry me ni?)..lol
CO: have you traveled outside Nigeria?
Me: sure
CO: where did u travel to?
ME: slight cough, i have been to italy for 3 days, i travel to germany for 6days, i went to the UK for 14 days.
CO: who did u visit in Germany?
Me: i didnt know when i said my sister, whereas it was a family friend i went to visit, i need to spice it up so i added that my sister is a german citizen..(far from the truth).
CO: have you ever imported any goods from the US?
Me: Never
CO: who will sponsor you?
ME: no 1, i will sponsor myself ofcourse.
CO: can i see your bank statement?
Me: i brought it out and handed it to her.
CO: flip thru the pages for 1min and returned it back to me.
Me: kool
CO: Magic Words: Sir could you pickup your visa at ikeja collection center on monday.
ME: Sure (smile)..within me (na u won pick am up for me before? WINCH GURL).
GOD THANK YOU OOOO.
My candid advice is :US visa is not as difficult as people think,i was opportune to sit in-front where i could listen to several folk's interviews.
the basic questions are: why do u want to go to the US?
where do u work?, are you married?, have you traveled out of Nigeria?,
where do u work? describe the nature of your job?, how much do u earn?
These questions are the Preliminary and quite common.
your response is what gives birth to other questions.
average interview time is 5-8mins..
based on my travel history and nature of my job i have a broad knowledge about travel stuffs. if you like to know any other thing about my interview or travel advice you can ask me on this thread,
NA GOD KNOW PASS.

1luv..

Re: Usa Visit Visa by imadebaby: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2012
Hi fastlink I ve the same issue wanted to travel in july and my form has july but my date is in sept.how do I change my date of arrival. Pls guide me on how to edit the form.
I will appreciate ur fast response as my date is fast approachingg
Thank u

FAST-LINK:

you can fill another DS160 form and log in and update your appointment profile to reflect the new DS160 code
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 6:10am On Sep 11, 2012
imadebaby: Hi fastlink I ve the same issue wanted to travel in july and my form has july but my date is in sept.how do I change my date of arrival. Pls guide me on how to edit the form.
I will appreciate ur fast response as my date is fast approachingg
Thank u

Have you submitted your form? If yes, then fill a fresh application form and log on to the appointment profile and update the ds160 I.D else, use the retrieve an application option, answer the security questions and make the neccessary corrections, save and submit your application when you are sure everything is ok.

I hope that helps!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Who's going for appointment next?

Ask any question you think we might be able to
help you with

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
suxes2005: Who's going for appointment next?

help you with

Sheyi

Iam going pretty soon. Need your prayers Nairalanders. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
opsy4real1:

Iam going pretty soon. Need your prayers Nairalanders. Thanks

God is with you bro. Believe in yourself

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omobabe1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
suxes2005:

God is with you bro. Believe in yourself

Sheyi
seconded
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
HI GUYS PLEASE I DO HAVE A FRIEND IN THE USA I NEVER MET BEFORE AND SHE WANTS ME TO COME VISIT HER, SHE SENT ME AN INVITATION LETTER, IM SELF EMPLOYED BUT MY SPONSOR IS MY STEP DAD PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY POSSIBLITY FOR A VISA TO BE GRANTED THANKS
Re: Usa Visit Visa by angel150: 12:00am On Sep 16, 2012
Hello good ijust only want to ask about the visa im leave here in japan with my son he is a japannese,butme and my husband already seperate and from now we still processing our divorced ,i had a friend in states and he invite me to go to the states did i have a chance to used his invitation adding i want to tour there too.and in the question for who is gonna sponsor u while you in the states can i say that me and my friend?its because hetold me he isthe one who gonna be my sponsor there but i guess if it ok if put myself for being sponsor to my self too.ihad my inconetax here in japan coz im working here adding my passbook money in the bank,all i thinking ifi have a posibility to take a chance to get a visa even im not a divorce yet?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2012
suxes2005: Who's going for appointment next?

help you with

Sheyi

My appointment is Next week, I haven't start compiling my documents... I'm going for Tourism, visiting some parts in the States for 13days..

Can someone assist me with the likely questions.. Beside I when I filled the DSC form online I stated my Dad will sponsor the trip but now am sponsoring myself for the trip.. I hope this won't have any effect on my application?

Moreover after filling and submitting the form online I noticed that the date of arrival I stated in my application should have been my travel date. Is it that the arrival date is the date I will get to the states?

Which and which documents should I take along for the Interview? I have copy of the Tax clearance, leave letter, introduction letter from the company I work. Which other document is necessary I take along for the interview?

Pls am anxiously waiting your response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 12:02am On Sep 17, 2012
HI GUYS PLEASE I DO HAVE A FRIEND IN THE USA I NEVER MET BEFORE AND SHE WANTS ME TO COME VISIT HER, SHE SENT ME AN INVITATION LETTER, IM SELF EMPLOYED BUT MY SPONSOR IS MY STEP DAD PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY POSSIBLITY FOR A VISA TO BE GRANTED THANKS
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
phatrat: HI GUYS PLEASE I DO HAVE A FRIEND IN THE USA I NEVER MET BEFORE AND SHE WANTS ME TO COME VISIT HER, SHE SENT ME AN INVITATION LETTER, IM SELF EMPLOYED BUT MY SPONSOR IS MY STEP DAD PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY POSSIBLITY FOR A VISA TO BE GRANTED THANKS

You can be self employed and your step dad will sponsor Ur trip that's red flag.Your chance is very slim
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
jimdandy:

My appointment is Next week, I haven't start compiling my documents... I'm going for Tourism, visiting some parts in the States for 13days..

Can someone assist me with the likely questions.. Beside I when I filled the DSC form online I stated my Dad will sponsor the trip but now am sponsoring myself for the trip.. I hope this won't have any effect on my application?

Moreover after filling and submitting the form online I noticed that the date of arrival I stated in my application should have been my travel date. Is it that the arrival date is the date I will get to the states?

Which and which documents should I take along for the Interview? I have copy of the Tax clearance, leave letter, introduction letter from the company I work. Which other document is necessary I take along for the interview?

Pls am anxiously waiting your response.

Re-fill ur ds-160 form.

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walexy(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
A quick one guyz.. can i submit my DS160 form online without uploading my passport photograph?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by travelcare: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
It amazes me when I read posts concerning US visas generally. The poster mentioned in the beginning of this post that US visa is the easiest. I must emphasise here that no visa is as cheap as coaster biscuit. When you take time to visit the embassy you'll see a mammoth crowd all applying for visas. Now, if all those people were here and follow your instructions as you claimed, are you saying they are all gonna be issued visas. This is no war of words coz I know a lot of people would be up for an attack on Travecare. Its just a common sense. And not now that an American Ambassador and others were killed in an attack on the embassy, that was attacking the US at micro level. More stringent policies will be brought in to reduce the number of influx of foreigners to the US.

Normally, there is always a control on the number of people admitted. You done expect them to issue visas to. for instance all 5000 applicants who applied at a time even though they all meet up with the US IMMIGRATION requirements. To me, American visas are generally a lottery, you either win or lose. They dont even question some people and they issue visas while others would be subjected to rigorous questioning and in the end "sorry, you can apply next time".

The bottom line is, you have to get lucky to get visas to the advanced countries. They are really very tight. Just make sure you do your home work perfectly and leave the rest to fate.

Good luck to all potential American Visa Applicants (AVA)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.