Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060440 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
Pls my gurus advice me.
We stated new york in our visa application. Now my daughters are suddenly loving California. Can we enter America tru California n not encounter problems at poe?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Great Job you're all doing.

I'm legally married with a kids.

I have a refusal record with the US consulate.

A have another woman, though not legally married to her, she's pregnant and wants to give birth in the US. We have already made a budget of $30k for this.

She doesn't bear my surname, but I'm the sponsor and will definitely be included in her application.

Bearing in mind that I have a record with the consulate and my name will pop up on the system, hope this will not pose a problem if they find out her name is different from that of my legal wife, though she'll inform the VO we are not legally married but engaged.

Do you have any advice for us as we do not intend to lie to the VO?

And hope we won't look silly knowing fully well polygamous is not practised in the US.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
Twostep:
Pls house, is been a 400lvl student enough home tie for a b1/b2 visa application? I have a sponsor.. All i wntu know is everyother thing in place, wld that alone be enough home tie? Planning on goin december fr hols

under the united states immigration act, School is supposedly an home tie. But then that doesn't guarantee you visa issuance.
Thing is,
1. Pray to be interviewed by one who's in "the mood".
2. Pay attention to the DS160 form and fill I'm the truth and nothing less.
3. On the day of the interview dress well, keep calm and maintain order.
4. Maintain eye contact during the interview and try not to grope for thoughts( as this may be mistaken for lies). Be audible and make sure your responses matches those of the DS160

5. Pray, pray,pray,pray,pray and pray some more.

#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:

A have another woman, though not legally married to her, she's pregnant and wants to give birth in the US. We have already made a budget of $30k for this.

She doesn't bear my surname, but I'm the sponsor and will definitely be included in her application.

Bearing in mind that I have a record with the consulate and my name will pop up on the system, hope this will not pose a problem if they find out her name is different from that of my legal wife, though she'll inform the VO we are not legally married but engaged.

And hope we won't look silly knowing fully well polygamous is not practised in the US.
Serzly? Na so the thing hook u?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
fredoricko:

under the united states immigration act, School is supposedly an home tie. But then that doesn't guarantee you visa issuance.
Thing is,
4. Maintain eye contact during the interview and try not to grope for thoughts( as this may be mistaken for lies). Be audible and make sure your responses matches those of the DS160

#Prof. FredoRicko
Chaieee! This my runaway pikin oooooo! Haba! Greet uur elders naaaa! Lol
Long tym! Hope u de gidigba o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jaymk: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello house; this is my first time on this forum... Please can a Phd student in America be the one to invite me? Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Twostep: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
fredoricko:

Thing is,

#Prof. FredoRicko

Thanks bro, pls what documents do i need to take along to prove that am a student of a particular insitution??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 11:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015, I've seen the V.O state somewhere that their decision is based on you as an individual and not your sponsor or the person accompanying you on the trip.

So she'll be judged based on the infamous 'ties.' She will have to demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria. How's her travel history? Does she work? How long has she been working? Etc. Your previous denial will not affect her. Let her fill her DS-160 carefully and honestly, of course, indicating that she is single.

She's going to give birth there so she should have done a lot of research and be ready to answer questions on why she chose the hospital/who she'll be staying with, the total cost etc. I will advise that you direct her to the 'Give Birth in U.S.A' thread, part 1 and 2. Let her read it very well as it would be very helpful. Also check for interview transcripts on these threads.

Part 1
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/400#up

Part 2

https://www.nairaland.com/2176096/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Chaieee! This my runaway pikin oooooo! Haba! Greet uur elders naaaa! Lol
Long tym! Hope u de gidigba o!

I still kneel down dey greet oooooo.
Abeg tell me when to stand up.
LadyG, you don try sha!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Twostep:

Thanks bro, pls what documents do i need to take along to prove that am a student of a particular insitution??

Usually, your word is good for it. So no documents needed, but since " e no dey heavy".
1. Jamb Admission Letter
2. Admission Letter issued by the school.
3. A Letter of introduction issued by the school would also be nice.

#FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:51am On Sep 13, 2015
fredoricko:

I still kneel down dey greet oooooo.
Abeg tell me when to stand up.
LadyG, you don try sha!
Arghhhhh have u been kneeling all night?! Oya stand up good pikin cheesy

NanaF the babymama guy got like 3 pages devoted to him on the birthing thread sotay e don change mind about the application. Lol
U can stroll thru there and have a good laugh after church. Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Arghhhhh have u been kneeling all night?! Oya stand up good pikin cheesy

l

Thanku ma!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2015
Good day gurus in the house, I just want to ask a few questions on POE. I am travelling to newyork (my POE) and leaving through chicago. I made a hotel reservation for newyork for the duration of my stay as I told the VO that I dont know anyone in the US i am going for tourism. Hope I would be fine and I also want to know the likely questions I would be asked. Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
celosia:
Good day gurus in the house, I just want to ask a few questions on POE. I am travelling to newyork (my POE) and leaving through chicago. I made a hotel reservation for newyork for the duration of my stay as I told the VO that I dont know anyone in the US i am going for tourism. Hope I would be fine and I also want to know the likely questions I would be asked. Thanks as I await your responses.
The likely quuestions flow from the landing card u fill on board. Soo if u have a hotel reservation for NY, that's where u put as your addy. So the likely questions are
Where are you staying. How long and why noot chicago anymore. And your reason for visiting and things u intend to do.
Safe trip
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Usa84: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
@ fredoricko, please will the introduction letter be addressed to the embassy?

In case am going for a conference do you think not having my school informed to get a back up note/ letter from them will affect my visa application?

My school only gave me an enrolment letter and the content just says am enrolled in the school and not addressed to embassy just enrolment status notification , blah blah.........

Finally@ two step are you going as a general visitor(tourism)?
Hope to read from you guys.....

fredoricko:

Usually, your word is good for it. So no documents needed, but since " e no dey heavy".
1. Jamb Admission Letter
2. Admission Letter issued by the school.
3. A Letter of introduction issued by the school would also be nice.

#FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Usa84: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
ZaraOli:
@USA84
You can apply from your country of residence which is Germany in this case. I applied from Europe and got approved. You may need to get a letter of introduction from your school.
Good luck

Please my school only gave me an enrolment letter and the conference wasn't mention in this letter no matter what, do you think attending the conference without any notes of awareness abt the conference will affect my visa app?
My interview is this week pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Usa84:
@ fredoricko, please will the introduction letter be addressed to the embassy?

In case am going for a conference do you think not having my school informed to get a back up note/ letter from them will affect my visa application?

I'm in no position to comment on specific cases. But I'll say this; Visa officers do not always put much importance on what you've got on paper. Though It's advisable to go with the necessary documents, more often than not, these may not be checked.
So relax, give correct and concise answers that matches those of the DS160. If for any reason you do not understand any question asked, kindly ask for it to be repeated. Try to be fluent and do not grope for thoughts or stumble over words as if not convinced of what it is you're saying.
Pray, pray,pray and pray some more.

#FredoRicko

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Wfmopraiz: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2015
Good morning good people, you're all doing a great job here. I applied for a B1/B2 visa which I already have an interview date sometimes in November, lately I've been thinking about the home ties, I'm single, I'm a senior special adviser to one of the House assembly honorable in my state. My boss will be sponsoring part of the expenses, maybe the ticket or something. should I include that in the D160 form? My boss is giving me the short break for the holiday, I told him I'll love to travel to the US to spend the break, I don't have a travel history, but I've been to Benin, Togo and Ghana respectively. Do you think I've a better chance of getting it or should I just prepare for an alternative, maybe I can as well get SA visit visa, I will prefer the US though. I will have just limited time to plan for the holiday if I'm been denied by the US VO. That's the reason I'm thinking of the plan B. I'm planning to spend just 14days, I've to resume back to work last week of December. I'll like to get a quick response from my gurus. God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Wfmopraiz:
Good morning good people, you're all doing a great job here. I applied for a B1/B2 visa which I already have an interview date sometimes in November, lately I've been thinking about the home ties, I'm single, I'm a senior special adviser to one of the House assembly honorable in my state. My boss will be sponsoring part of the expenses, maybe the ticket or something. should I include that in the D160 form? . Do you think I've a better chance of getting it or should I just prepare for an alternative, God bless.

Applicants are advised to be honest in their application as best they can. If you've got a sponsor, kindly fill it in, as required in the DS160.
As per ties, take your time and read through this thread, as nothing good comes easy.
whether or not to make alternative travel plans is your decision. And trust me, doing so is not pessimism, but having a contingency in case things go south.
Goodluck on your application and interview, n come back with ur E-transcripts.

#FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 11:53am On Sep 14, 2015
lovettett:
Pls my gurus advice me.
We stated new york in our visa application. Now my daughters are suddenly loving California. Can we enter America tru California n not encounter problems at poe?

You have to have a strong reasons for a change of plan. My advise is to keep to schedule and take a local flight to California

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2015

I wonder what type of question and answer you expect

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Good day great people
I have just secured visas for my 2 kids, on the fact that I told the vo when I went to apply for visas for my kids 2 weeks ago that we are planning to visit the US form the Xmas and new year, and in fact, the vo specifically asked me if we are planning to travel as a family for Xmas and I answered yes
But from the look of things , we are not going to be able to go again is December, as we have decided to make it February next year. Considering the fact that I told the vo during my kids interview that we are tralleing in December for Xmas and we won't go again, will it not count against us ? Myself and my husband already have visas long ago and just my kids got theirs 2 weeks ago
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
belloluddy:
Good day great people
I have just secured visas for my 2 kids, on the fact that I told the vo when I went to apply for visas for my kids 2 weeks ago that we are planning to visit the US form the Xmas and new year, and in fact, the vo specifically asked me if we are planning to travel as a family for Xmas and I answered yes
But from the look of things , we are not going to be able to go again is December, as we have decided to make it February next year. Considering the fact that I told the vo during my kids interview that we are tralleing in December for Xmas and we won't go again, will it not count against us ? Myself and my husband already have visas long ago and just my kids got theirs 2 weeks ago
Thanks

I see no issues with change of plan due to circumstances. It may not even come up on point of entry, but if it comes up you simply tell them the reasons why you changed your mind

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
cozybunch:

I see no issues with change of plan due to circumstances. It may not even come up on point of entry, but if it comes up you simply tell them the reasons why you changed your mind

Good Luck
Thanks and God bless u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sholabadmus: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
Dear all,

One of the questions in the DS-160 form is to provide NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, i don;t have this and i have never registered for it, plus am currently not in Nigeria to request for one, what can i provide as an answer?? DO NOT APPLY? OR PASSPORT NUMBER OR SOMETHING ELSE??

Thanks in advance for your idea...

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jarule18081977: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
Thanks to u guys for contributing immensely to the progress of this thread, secured my visa today. Little info, my kids have visa expiring nxt yr, wife visa cancelled at POE.
Before my interview, had running stomach, first answer call of nature and god bless me with cute lady at cubic no 2. My transcript as follows

vo : Good Morning
me : Good Morning
vo : How are you doing
me : Fine and you
vo : Great
vo : Where in us are you going
me : Atlanta
vo : for what
me : Vacation with my two kids
vo : how many days
me : 6 days
vo : ur kids have visa
me : Yes
vo : when
me : Last yr April
vo : Are you going with ur wife
me : Nop
vo : Askd if kids has been to the state
me : No
vo : asked when my kids got their visa
me : last yr april
vo : askd if my wife came with them
me : yes
vo : askd why d visa was not used
me : gave her d reason for making the trip
vo : what do u do
me : Am software developer with software firm as Head software dept
vo : how much do u earn monthly
me : 485,000.00
vo : do u ve family/ friend in atlanta
me : no
vo : when do u want to leave for d state
me : leave for Oct 3rd n leave state by Oct 10
vo : where will u stay in atlanta since u ve no famliy n friend
me : already made hotel resevation 4 our stay
vo : typing typing typing typing typing typing typing
vo : ok ur visa has been approved, pick it up on thursday
me :thank you
No document was checked, did not asked for hotel name and address. this is god favour.

Thanks again great people

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
sholabadmus:
Dear all,

One of the questions in the DS-160 form is to provide NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, i don;t have this and i have never registered for it, plus am currently not in Nigeria to request for one, what can i provide as an answer?? DO NOT APPLY? OR PASSPORT NUMBER OR SOMETHING ELSE??

Thanks in advance for your idea...

Does not apply.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adeoladele(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
i believe this forum is anonymous, why do people hide some ans during the transcripts thousand of people visit here everyday to lean and to know their chances. please na beg i beg dont hide your salary question anymore
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jarule18081977: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sorry 4 missing info adeoladele, if i may ask hw does ones salary affect/assist others?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
jarule18081977:
Thanks to u guys for contributing immensely to the progress of this thread, secured my visa today. Little info, my kids have visa expiring nxt yr, wife visa cancelled at POE.
Before my interview, had running stomach, first answer call of nature and god bless me with cute lady at cubic no 2. My transcript as follows

vo : Good Morning
me : Good Morning
vo : How are you doing
me : Fine and you
vo : Great
vo : Where in us are you going
me : Atlanta
vo : for what
me : Vacation with my two kids
vo : how many days
me : 6 days
vo : ur kids have visa
me : Yes
vo : when
me : Last yr April
vo : Are you going with ur wife
me : Nop
vo : Askd if kids has been to the state
me : No
vo : asked when my kids got their visa
me : last yr april
vo : askd if my wife came with them
me : yes
vo : what do u do
me : Am software developer with software firm as Head software dept
vo : how much do u earn monthly
me : blah blah blah
vo : do u ve family/ friend in atlanta
me : no
vo : when do u want to leave for d state
me : leave for Oct 3rd n leave state by Oct 10
vo : where will u stay in atlanta since u ve no famliy n friend
me : already made hotel resevation 4 our stay
vo : typing typing typing typing typing typing typing
vo : ok ur visa has been approved, pick it up on thursday
me :thank you
No document was checked, did not asked for hotel name and address. this is god favour.

Thanks again great people

Congratulations
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
jarule18081977:
Sorry 4 missing info adeoladele, if i may ask hw does ones salary affect/assist others?

Applicants would like to know if their salary/income cuts it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
jarule18081977:
@adeoola was he asked abouut his salary? His transcript dosent disclose from my peruusal o

@jaruule people say blank for salary indo. It makes the transcript not complete and of little probative value to other folks. How? People profile the successes and failures to fit into their situation based on some factors eg age, marital status, work experience and income , so on and so forth
So imagine this transcript
Vo: how long have u worked
And: I told him
Vo: how much do u earn
Ans: bleep
This is a sample of what folks post here as transcript . So I hope u get my point
Congrats. I remember when u asked questions earlier. Safe trip. Puff puff o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.