Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060732 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Hian!!! The same uncle u did agent for finish cheesy Accept my condolences dear
lol thanks dear
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
omotolani22:
Hello house,good afternoon.pls I am here again to learn.the uncle sending me invitation said I have to pay $600 for USCIS filling fee.ave never heard such here in the house.please take note that I do not intend to migrate o,not at all.just wish to go for birthday and xmas break in december.I decided to ask the house make e no be say my uncle dey use style do agent for me ooo.I'll be grateful for your prompt response(s) pls.Lady G,I hail ooooooo
immigrant petitions are filed at the USCIC, it has nothing to do with applying for a non-immigrant visa. moreover an uncle cannot even file an immigrant petition on behalf of his niece or nephew
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
iRyan:
immigrant petitions are filed at the USCIC, it has nothing to do with applying for a non-immigrant visa. moreover an uncle cannot even file an immigrant petition on behalf of his niece or nephew
Nwanne the uncle need feeding money issal o!
But Omotolani why ate u stingy to family na? cheesy After all the money u spend for hotel , u can dash dash for youur uncle. Lolz. Please I beg you o! Gimme update about how this matter go end
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omotolani22(f): 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
Lady G and IRyan,I am so grateful for your help o.infact ehn,its good to be informed.my 5 star general,no be kuku say I dey 'stinging' o just that the uncle has bin in obodo oyinbo since year 2000 on visa lottery when I dey SS1,so na him no get shame wey dey plan to chop money from a small woman like me.anyway I don run ooo.you don't toil with an informed nairalander not where Lady G be my coach.thanks everybody for your help.Gracias

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dovent: 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
Helli House,
Kindly advise. I discovered I made a mistake on my month of birth when I filled my ds 160 form after I have already scheduled my appointment. I filled another ds 160 form and corrected my error and generated a new confirmation code. I tried to book a new appointment, it is the old confirmation code that is showing on my appointment confirmation page, pls how do I ensure that the new confirmation code of my ds form is showing on the appointment confirmation page.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2015
Dovent:
Helli House,
Kindly advise. I discovered I made a mistake on my month of birth when I filled my ds 160 form after I have already scheduled my appointment. I filled another ds 160 form and corrected my error and generated a new confirmation code. I tried to book a new appointment, it is the old confirmation code that is showing on my appointment confirmation page, pls how do I ensure that the new confirmation code of my ds form is showing on the appointment confirmation page.

Send a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. Only them can change the DS-160 number on your appointment confirmation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omonjoe(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2015
Omonjoe:
Hello all, my brother's friend is sending him an invitation to US. I want to ask what documents my brother need to submit for his visiting visa application and minimum amount he should have in his statement of account. My brother is married, works in a Federal government parastatal, have traveled to UK & have landed properties.

cc: LadyGuniverse, iRyan
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2015
My transcript
Me: Good morning ( he didn't respond) good morning
VO: good morning. Your passport. (Received it). What are you going to us to do
Me: I am visiting my younger brother and his family and also go for vacation.
VO: where in us are you going o stay
Me: commerce city, Colorado
VO: (looking intensely at his computer as if there is something he is seeing there) what do you do
Me: I verify and authorise the issuing and posting of invoices and vouchers, I am in charge of costing the company products and raw materials, I prepare the financial accounts for both internal and external users.
VO: what do your company do
Me: our product is called premix. Its a raw material for food and feed producing companies.
VO: are you married
Me: yes
VO: do you have children
Me: yes, one. By the way, I will be going with my family.
VO: (stopped typing and looked at me as if I have hit the jackpot) do they have visa
Me: yes
VO: can I have their passport
Mesad with my hands spread wide) I didn't come with it. (I can't help but blame myself for coming to the interview without their passport)
VO: OK ( pass a paper and a pen to me) write their name
Me: (in my heart; thank God) wrote their names
VO: ( looked at his computer again. I guess he is seeing something in there). Which church do attend
Me: ( now I know what he was looking at. My first denial and the reason) seventh day adventist. ( its the church general conference I wanted to attend that was denied)
VO: what do say you do again. I told him again
VO: what again do you your company do. I told him.
VO: okay, your visa has been approved. Go to where you filled on monday to collect your visa.
Me: thank you.

Note: like it has been said here severally, be sincere and consistance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2015
Congrats Dike
And thanks! Ur transcript is so detailed. A sample of what it should be no be bleep or bla bla or 'I answred him'
We go wash am! *dancing shuperu cheesy Puff puff for the house is coming! Lol
Safe trip nwanne

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2015
[quote author=Omonjoe post=38126360][/quote]
Read 20-30 pages back. You'l see several answers to your question.
Goodluck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 11:45am On Sep 18, 2015
House please, does anyone have an idea on how safe Denver (Colorado) is for blacks. I know blacks mostly stay in FL, TX, NYC, NJ, GA, LA and DC
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kellybrown78(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hi people, good afternoon. Need your help please, a friend of mine, a bishop and general overseer of a church, lives in california USA is inviting me to usa though I've not met him before but we've been good friends for long online. but he's asking me how much it's gonna cost to process a visa here in nigeria, but am a total novice and don't know anything about it, I've not done that before so I need you guys to enlighten me on where to start from and how to go about it

Much love
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omonjoe(m): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
I know I ought to read all pages as it is a norm in every thread. Please pardon me on this as this case is urgent and I am quite busy lately. I will appreciate if you save me the stress and time of reading those pages by listing the documents or a reference of d particular page where I can get it. Thanks
LadyGuinivere:

Read 20-30 pages back. You'l see several answers to your question.
Goodluck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Congrats Dike
And thanks! Ur transcript is so detailed. A sample of what it should be no be bleep or bla bla or 'I answred him'
We go wash am! *dancing shuperu cheesy Puff puff for the house is coming! Lol
Safe trip nwanne

Thanks my G. Nwkwobi and tumbo shall be in attendance.
Good luck to all.
There remainth one more thing. Cheap ticket. Very cheap. Who hear or see or know should pls fast forward immediately. Time is btw Oct to Dec.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
Alubosa:
House please, does anyone have an idea on how safe Denver (Colorado) is for blacks. I know blacks mostly stay in FL, TX, NYC, NJ, GA, LA and DC

Well, I have not been there but my younger brother who I will be visiting soon has been there for over 4 years and I have not heard any complain.
So I think its very safe.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
kellybrown78:
Hi people, good afternoon. Need your help please, a friend of mine, a bishop and general overseer of a church, lives in california USA is inviting me to usa though I've not met him before but we've been good friends for long online. but he's asking me how much it's gonna cost to process a visa here in nigeria, but am a total novice and don't know anything about it, I've not done that before so I need you guys to enlighten me on where to start from and how to go about it

Much love
That's nice. First, log on to the US embassy website for Nigeria. The steps as well as the cost is set out. After going thru, please ask specific question for clarification
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dyke004:

Thanks my G. Nwkwobi and tumbo shall be in attendance.
Good luck to all.
There remainth one more thing. Cheap ticket. Very cheap. Who hear or see or know should pls fast forward immediately. Time is btw Oct to Dec.
Infact! Na uu I go give the assignment o! Mine na between 2nd -3rdweek of november. For black friday sales. Holla me immediately u see those on the fly promo biko!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dyke004:

Well, I have not been there but my younger brother who I will be visiting soon has been there for over 4 years and I have not heard any complain.
So I think its very safe.

Torrr. OK then. Thanks and congrats on ur visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omonjoe(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
from what I have read here in pages 2 to 10, these are the docs I think he needs;
Invitation letter
Leave letter from work
Employment letter
Statement of account (salary account)
marriage certificate

Pls any additional document neeeded?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omonjoe(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Does it still take 60days to secure appointment for visiting visa interview after filling the application?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Omonjoe:
from what I have read here in pages 2 to 10, these are the docs I think he needs;
Invitation letter
Leave letter from work
Employment letter
Statement of account (salary account)
marriage certificate

Pls any additional document neeeded?
Better! See. The list of docx is nt exhastive. In most cases, docx aren't checked, however he still has too carry them. Its called 'suupporting documentation' meaning any document he can carry to support any assertion in the form he filled, let him carry.
Appointments are made as per availability. No time frame
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good day to the gurus in the I need your assistance before I apply for I and my family in January we intend visiting USA by next year and I have the following information about our past application to the US embassy:
Our !st visit was December 2013 we applied under B1/B2 because I wanted my wife to deliver our 1st child in the states but was denied I had paid part of the delivery money and we booked an Hotel we were denied no invitation from anyone but we reapplied again in January but was denied the 2nd time I had all the documents from the hospital and this time with an invite from a family friend but we were denied so I thought the baby wanted to stay back here in Ninja. before the two denial I had travelled with my wife to UK for vacation. after the birth of our boy my wife and our son travelled to the Uk again and we all have two years UK visa running but we are applying for a visit under the tourist visa and we would be getting invitation from the same person that gave us the invitation the last time. I work and earn over 400k my wife has a business of her own and also run the house. I need other information that can assist my in our application and been working for 8years plus.
thank you and looking forward to responses from my ever reliable family online
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
wunmi38:
Good day to the gurus in the I need your assistance before I apply for I and my family in January we intend visiting USA by next year and I have the following information about our past application to the US embassy:
Our !st visit was December 2013 we applied under B1/B2 because I wanted my wife to deliver our 1st child in the states but was denied I had paid part of the delivery money and we booked an Hotel we were denied no invitation from anyone but we reapplied again in January but was denied the 2nd time I had all the documents from the hospital and this time with an invite from a family friend but we were denied so I thought the baby wanted to stay back here in Ninja. before the two denial I had travelled with my wife to UK for vacation. after the birth of our boy my wife and our son travelled to the Uk again and we all have two years UK visa running but we are applying for a visit under the tourist visa and we would be getting invitation from the same person that gave us the invitation the last time. I work and earn over 400k my wife has a business of her own and also run the house. I need other information that can assist my in our application and been working for 8years plus.
thank you and looking forward to responses from my ever reliable family online

U have. a good travel history. U have a steady and well paying job. The only tips I can offer is that u have to work hard.
How?
Fill your DS 160 correctly
But read the thread thorougly to avoid the common mistakes folks make...(Eg your booking a hotel for birthing instead of an apartment) and to learn tips on how to answer questions as well as likely interview questions
Be consistent . Don't misrepresent in your form nor have any detail materially inconsistent with your previous applications

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by smart2325: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
hollo hous am new, my uncle wan'ts 2 sid and invitation to me but what is going 2 being included in d usa invitation so that it will look real n genuine thnks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 19, 2015
Alubosa:
I knw you didn't just ask that.
Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kellybrown78(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2015
Hi people, good morning to you all. I need a help from you guys..a pastor friend from usa wanna invite me to come a visit over there, but a friend of mine just told me that sending invitation is not gonna help that I will be denied because I've not seen the person before, so my question is which other way should I take and how much is it gonna cost to process a usa visa here in nigeria?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smart2325: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
hi friends pls is any tin like electronic invitation apart frm normal iv pls I need ur help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bigolly(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
i just got a mexico tourist visa but i also want to apply for US tourist visa, whats my chance of getting the visa as i have not travel before, can the mexico visa on my passport be of help?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
Bigolly:
i just got a mexico tourist visa but i also want to apply for US tourist visa, whats my chance of getting the visa as i have not travel before, can the mexico visa on my passport be of help?
No

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fyorgyn: 1:11am On Sep 20, 2015
Hi, I've been a silent follower of this thread... I have read the whole thing from beginning to the end. I would like to thank all the gurus here o...You guys are doing an awesome job. I had my visa interview last week and thought I should share my entire experience.

Husband and I got to the embassy just in time. We had issues with parking and had to pay 1k for parking space...(no receipts o...lol). Husband as a sharp man tried to pay N500 but dem no gree. Touts came around saying ridiculous things like "Your passport photograph should be without earrings or any jewelry"..."You must staple 2passport photographs to your forms"I couldn't help myself o i was just laughing the whole time as we walked to the embassy.

We got to the embassy, did the first screening and saw plenty drama as we were sitting waiting for our turn to enter the main place. Anyway, we got in took our fingerprints and we were interviewed by a lady.

VO: Please pass your passports (we fingerprint)
VO: Are you two married?
ME: Yes
VO: What are you going to do in the US?
ME: I am going to attend a conference and my husband is coming along with me.
VO: What's your profession
ME: I told her
VO: What are you going to learn at the conference
ME: Well, thing is, I am being invited by the organisation (I mentioned the name) that sponsored my education in the UK (I am an Oxbridge graduate). It's more of a networking thing with other alumni of the scholarship.
VO: apart from schooling in the UK have you gone back again?
ME: Yes... Husband and I went in July. I was invited to give a talk in London so we went together.
VO: which other countries have you been to
Me: I presented a paper, last year at a conference in (mentioned the east African country)
VO:how much do you earn monthly?
ME: about 600k

VO (turns to husband): What do you do
Him: I run my own business
VO: How much do you earn
Him: it varies but an average of 300k
VO: Where have you travelled to before
Him: Wife and I travelled to London and Dubai in July

VO: (Hands us white paper) your visas have been approved please pick up your passports at the circled address.

Husband and I have never applied to the US. We got married this year and used the opportunity of my event to go to UK (It was sponsored by the organizers). We spent a few days in Dubai on our way back home.

We didn't go with bank statement, we don't have landed properties. The conference fee hasn't been paid yet self as I wanted to get the visa first before telling my sponsors to pay.

I wish everyone the very best in their quests to getting visas. For all those answering questions here... God bless you!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Please I am a silent follower of this thread.

I don't talk while reading, I only type replies. grin

Happy Sunday guys

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2015
@Fyorgyn

congrats cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.