Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062103 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
If their combined income can cover the cost of their trip including the baby's then it's possible. The catch is if she's a single mom applying in her maiden name, and her baby bears his/her fathers's surname (as is to be expected in Nigeria) then there may be a challenge. How will the CO be sure the father has consented for d child to travel? What if she's kidnapping the baby? Those will be my thoughts if I was interviewing the mother.

Can they just defer their trip till they are married? It will be a neater arrangement than this. Then everyone apply as a family later.

Or they apply as 2 seperate individuals and they leave baby @ home in Naija during their vacation. Later they can obtain a visa for d baby when they are legally married.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by riteaide: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
pastor4real: @cori corde: Immigration doesn't stamp passport if u are traveling out of U.S & UK. They only stamp your passport if u are coming in to there country.

Pastor4real, if they don't stamp when people are traveling out, how then do they know who has remained? As it would make sense that after stamping in and creating a log, they stamp out to know if/when that person leaves.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Melson1: 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
pls house this my first time in the house,in my last and first u.s non immigrant visa,i indicated my brother and his address in u.s as a friend,i want to know if there is any way to correct the former error which is already in u.s data base,in case my brother files for me,or should i correct it when reapllying as a brother,pls your kind advice is needed,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2013
Melson1: pls house this my first time in the house,in my last and first u.s non immigrant visa,i indicated my brother and his address in u.s as a friend,i want to know if there is any way to correct the former error which is already in u.s data base,in case my brother files for me,or should i correct it when reapllying as a brother,pls your kind advice is needed,thanks

Write them to correct it first. Don't apply yet!

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Melson1: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2013
@suxes2005 pls how do i write to u.s embassy,i do not have their address,and do not know how to address the letter,pls can you let me know the u.s embassy address,were to write the letter and how to correct the precious mistake on ds-160,pls i need you guys help because i want to reapply,pls your answer is needed,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hi gurus in the house, can someone please advice me, which is acceptable by the embassy on flight reservation , the one done through travel agents or should I just book for a reservation at the airline website, I want to fly Turkish airline .... I intend traveling for a business trip to Paris in October 20 but will be applying nxt week. Again I need a Sample letter of introduction for an employee suitable to present at the embassy.
God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Asorock 1: Hi gurus in the house, can someone please advice me, which is acceptable by the embassy on flight reservation , the one done through travel agents or should I just book for a reservation at the airline website, I want to fly Turkish airline .... I intend traveling for a business trip to Paris in October 20 but will be applying nxt week. Again I need a Sample letter of introduction for an employee suitable to present at the embassy.
God bless you.
you wanna appear for the interview before booking a flight.flight reservation doesn't even guarantee the issuance of a visa

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Gbenge 77: you wanna appear for the interview before booking a flight.flight reservation doesn't even guarantee the issuance of a visa

I'm not booking a flight yet, one of the required documents for the France visa is a confirmed flight reservation, the reservation doesn't mean I already paid ok, beside France visa process doesn't require an interview, sorry I know this forum is not for France visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darocha1: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
i am about to apply for visa on medical terms.i have already gotten an invitation letter from a reputable hospital in usa(minnesota)inviting me to come for treatment with my brother"s name as an accomplice.and I have my doctor"s report,xrays,test analysis from hospital where I was treated in benin republic and also a referal asking to go for medica treatment abroad. Here are my questions:; 1: will the test results be accepted as they are in french language(but they are authentic). 2: what other documents do we need to take along aside statement of account which my dad is the sponsor. 3: wat are our chances of getting a visa as I don't have any tie to prove I am going to come back(am yet to start work due to the illness) and my brother has just graduated Bsc. 4. After the whole treatment we both intend to stay put in USA,please how do we go about it. Thank You.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Please, I am presently studying in Canada. I wish to visit US in December. I also visited UK twice and still have valid UK visa. The fact is that I was once denied US student visa about 10 years ago. In the application, I didn't include all my sisters name because I couldn't remember their addresses. My question now is will this omission disqualify me when I apply now. Then application was paper based. Again, if I stand a change, what documents do I need to submit for visiting?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
@cori corde: When you are leaving UK & U.S your passport will not be stamped by them. Your passport will only be stamped when you arrive home to Naija by the naija immigration. Telling you this from experience.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
@ darocha a few questions which they would either ask you directly or glean from your info on d application form:
What is peculiar about this illness that it can't be treated in Nigeria? If you're Nigerian why bring medical documents from Benin Republic? If the illness is that serious that you can't travel alone, why go with a brother who also doesn't have strong ties to Nigeria?

Remember @ the U.S. Embassy every person applying for a visa is an intending Immigrant so you need to convince them otherwise. Now to answer your questions:

1. Yes your document will be acceptable but you will have to get a court-certified English translation of them.

2. You and your brother need to prove strong ties to Nigeria either by having good well paying jobs/businesses, investments or family ties.

3. Your chances are slim with your brother not working and willing to accompany you on this journey. He has no reason to return to Nigeria and it seems neither do you.

4. Until you get that visa, you really can't plan or how to go about staying back.
Besides if you're going for a medical reason that warrants international travel and treatment, what makes you strong enough to hustle?

Oh boy, this your medical story na wash o grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 3:51am On Sep 02, 2013
Hello brothers in the house I need help like real bad. I got this friend of mines in the usa she never been here though but she wants me to visit her. Though I wanna lie to em VO she been here before to see me, now the thing is I got a invite letter off her n I'm a student plus I handle a side business I got a CAC certificate its a export n import business. So pls advise what documents I need and how do I go about this to make it happen. Appreciate ur prompt response thx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 7:15am On Sep 02, 2013
Regarding Appointments:
I just booked my appointment for Renewal today and realised there were no available dates beyond September 25th 2013, Oct/Nov/Dec 2013 all appeared unavailable. Who knows the reason? Is it because all those dates are fully booked? Or because they just haven't opened up those months?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oluwashegunfunm(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2013
blawi1: Regarding Appointments:
I just booked my appointment for Renewal today and realised there were no available dates beyond September 25th 2013, Oct/Nov/Dec 2013 all appeared unavailable. Who knows the reason? Is it because all those dates are fully booked? Or because they just haven't opened up those months?
dates yapa i booked mine last week for october and i saw november available . just book early in the morning or late at night
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darocha1: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2013
Nigerian doctors were on strike then and the condition was getting worse..@lease. Where and how do I get a court certified translation...and for the wash part,my guy leave am for me to rinse jor.lol

blawi1: @ darocha a few questions which they would either ask you directly or glean from your info on d application form:
What is peculiar about this illness that it can't be treated in Nigeria? If you're Nigerian why bring medical documents from Benin Republic? If the illness is that serious that you can't travel alone, why go with a brother who also doesn't have strong ties to Nigeria?

Remember @ the U.S. Embassy every person applying for a visa is an intending Immigrant so you need to convince them otherwise. Now to answer your questions:

1. Yes your document will be acceptable but you will have to get a court-certified English translation of them.

2. You and your brother need to prove strong ties to Nigeria either by having good well paying jobs/businesses, investments or family ties.

3. Your chances are slim with your brother not working and willing to accompany you on this journey. He has no reason to return to Nigeria and it seems neither do you.

4. Until you get that visa, you really can't plan or how to go about staying back.
Besides if you're going for a medical reason that warrants international travel and treatment, what makes you strong enough to hustle?

Oh boy, this your medical story na wash o grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Documents can be certified @ Ikeja high court though other courts do so also.
cheesy cheesy rinse weh weh, and give us the gist of your interview when it's done.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ximita: 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Gurus

How does this renewal process work

I am scheduled for an interview at noon this week but I hear it is dropbox

Should I go early tomorrow or wait till the allotted time

SOS!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
blawi1: Documents can be certified @ Ikeja high court though other courts do so also.
cheesy cheesy rinse weh weh, and give us the gist of your interview when it's done.

Every court in nigeria certified certificates.
Pls go to any court , tell them there that u wnt to do (C.TC) certified true copy.
Its cost #200 per certificate.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by routledge: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2013
hello house, pls i need advise on how to go about my aaplication. i am engaged to my my woman and we intend to travel to us before our wedding in december. she got a valid us visa and once travelled on it and spent 7days. i got a good business of mine here with monthly income of about 800k but never travelled though i have tried UK like once or twice but no luck with that. so i am thinking if just booking our hotel is enough and stating that am travelling with my fiancee is enough to go ahead with this application or what is the way forward. we actually just wanna travel together more like vacation before our wedding. thanks house.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2013
Hello brothers in the house I need help like real bad. I got this friend of mines in the usa she never been here though but she wants me to visit her. Though I wanna lie to em VO she been here before to see me, now the thing is I got a invite letter off her n I'm a student plus I handle a side business I got a CAC certificate its a export n import business. So pls advise what documents I need and how do I go about this to make it happen. Appreciate ur prompt response thx
suxes2005:

Write them to correct it first. Don't apply yet!

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by routledge: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
routledge: hello house, pls i need advise on how to go about my aaplication. i am engaged to my my woman and we intend to travel to us before our wedding in december. she got a valid us visa and once travelled on it and spent 7days. i got a good business of mine here with monthly income of about 800k but never travelled though i have tried UK like once or twice but no luck with that. so i am thinking if just booking our hotel is enough and stating that am travelling with my fiancee is enough to go ahead with this application or what is the way forward. we actually just wanna travel together more like vacation before our wedding. thanks house.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maxiserve(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
maxiserve:
Good day all.............. I have been moved by peoples experience and success stories i must say you guys are doing a great job in here.

Please house I need your advice and direction, my in law is about to send me an invitation to the US cos my sister has not gotten the permit to invite. I want to visit the us for December and spend like Two (2) weeks. I presently work with an Insurance Brokers in lagos, my monthly salary is 150k and i got close to 2M in my account, i have a virgin passport, am 28 years and single buh I have a fiancee. Please house what are chances and what else do I need to have.

Am thinking of going to Ghana and Tanzania next month before the interview hope the CO wount see it as just to disvirgin my passport.

I still need your advice guys..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shalon: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2013
Hi guys,please I need your advice on this .I have a valid US visa with my wife till July 2015,infact I just renewed it,now I want to take my daughter to the usa for holiday,please how will I go about her application since we still have valid usa visas.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
shalon: Hi guys,please I need your advice on this .I have a valid US visa with my wife till July 2015,infact I just renewed it,now I want to take my daughter to the usa for holiday,please how will I go about her application since we still have valid usa visas.

Apply for her own visa. You'll have to go with the baby on the day
Of the interview!

Guess it should be easy for you guys.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by routledge: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
hello house, pls i need advise on how to go about my aaplication. i am engaged to my my woman and we intend to travel to us before our wedding in december. she got a valid us visa and once travelled on it and spent 7days. i got a good business of mine here with monthly income of about 800k but never travelled though i have tried UK like once or twice but no luck with that. so i am thinking if just booking our hotel is enough and stating that am travelling with my fiancee is enough to go ahead with this application or what is the way forward. we actually just wanna travel together more like vacation before our wedding. thanks house.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
shalon: Hi guys,please I need your advice on this .I have a valid US visa with my wife till July 2015,infact I just renewed it,now I want to take my daughter to the usa for holiday,please how will I go about her application since we still have valid usa visas.
]]i think your baby should qualify for dropbox, check the website to be sure,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
routledge: hello house, pls i need advise on how to go about my aaplication. i am engaged to my my woman and we intend to travel to us before our wedding in december. she got a valid us visa and once travelled on it and spent 7days. i got a good business of mine here with monthly income of about 800k but never travelled though i have tried UK like once or twice but no luck with that. so i am thinking if just booking our hotel is enough and stating that am travelling with my fiancee is enough to go ahead with this application or what is the way forward. we actually just wanna travel together more like vacation before our wedding. thanks house.

hmm, she has a valid visa so she can't possibly be applying na, so you have to apply alone and you can state you are traveling with your fiancee, however, me thinks you will have a stronger case if you wait till you are married, that way you have stronger ties to Naij in their eyes
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ favoredgal: the child would only qualify for dropbox if she has had a visa in the past that has expired or is expiring soon.
@ shalon apply for a visa for her and either you or the mom should take her in for the interview. You should have applied for hers when you did yours even if yours was dropbox and she is a 1st timer. Now you have to go back to the embassy and queue up. But she'll get hers, since you both have valid visas already.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Melson1: 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sir, can a host from U.s also fax a copy of invitation letter to your fax machine,for embassy to know is the real person that he is inviting
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 12:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Melson1: Sir, can a host from U.s also fax a copy of invitation letter to your fax machine,for embassy to know is the real person that he is inviting

The embassy don't encourage people faxing documents to them, unless you are asked to. I don't thinking your host faxing an invitation letter to the embassy is going to make any differences. It might go unnoticed. Your best bet is to have it with you on your day of interview. All the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 8:56am On Sep 06, 2013
Hello House, How would one know if he has RED-FLAG? After lying on his/her application and got denied visa, How would one know if he/she has RED-FLAG. Especially if he/she was issued B 214 form after been denied by VO

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.