Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060521 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2013
uist: Hello House, How would one know if he has RED-FLAG? After lying on his/her application and got denied visa, How would one know if he/she has RED-FLAG. Especially if he/she was issued B 214 form after been denied by VO
Have you tried asking the V.O? Telephone or E-mail them. No one on here can tell you. Lying is allways bad and is the mistake most Nigerians make. So many would rather lie than tell the truth then pray to God for a miracle!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2013
uist: Hello House, How would one know if he has RED-FLAG? After lying on his/her application and got denied visa, How would one know if he/she has RED-FLAG. Especially if he/she was issued B 214 form after been denied by VO

It's not easy to tell but based on my understanding of that form, they have great doubts as to the intention of your visa application.

Read this for more understanding of the implication of the form:

http://www.visarefusal.com/214b/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
@VCTROKOYE: All what you need in your application is to be truthful. My brother you should be good because your status have change. If you have someone in U.S that can invite for a visit. my brother that will be the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
@UIST: Form B214 can be issued to an applicant when

1. You fit the profile of people that will overstay
2. If you have limited ties to your home country
3. Applicant suspected of fraud
4. Lack of travel history
5. Lack of change in status since previous denial

The good thing is that this is not going to affect your future application incase your status has change, and you can defend yourself in front of your interviewer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
You are right, i got denied B2 visa me and my wife, though the VO suspected that we were not been truthful with what will fill on our application & during the interview, i personally claim to be A business man dealing on electronics, but right now i am planning on using conference and change my status from business to student, what do you think? This tie i dont want to lie, and i want to claim student because i am still a student!
pastor4real: @UIST: Form B214 can be issued to an applicant when

1. You fit the profile of people that will overstay
2. If you have limited ties to your home country
3. Applicant suspected of fraud
4. Lack of travel history
5. Lack of change in status since previous denial

The good thing is that this is not going to affect your future application incase your status has change, and you can defend yourself in front of your interviewer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biolabee(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
Maybe you shouldn't apply for a while you and your wife maybe a year

Focus on your business or whatever it is you are doing

Visit other countries in the mean time
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
@AMASUNYA: What about your interview? Hope everything ok? Let us hear from you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Usit: You are right, i got denied B2 visa me and my wife, though the VO suspected that we were not been truthful with what will fill on our application & during the interview, i personally claim to be A business man dealing on electronics, but right now i am planning on using conference and change my status from business to student, what do you think? This tie i dont want to lie, and i want to claim student because i am still a student!

I am not a visa officer, and am not God either. I know miracle do happen, but in a very few cases. Going with your story unless miracle happens. Your chance of even getting it this time is very slim, close to zero. You claimed you were a businessman few days or week ago, now you going back to tell them you are a student. What happen to your business? They have documentation of the last interview. You need to wait a bit, allow your status to change and do your home work fine before you reapply. Going for a conference that have something to do with the business you claimed initially might be good.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Usit: You are right, i got denied B2 visa me and my wife, though the VO suspected that we were not been truthful with what will fill on our application & during the interview, i personally claim to be A business man dealing on electronics, but right now i am planning on using conference and change my status from business to student, what do you think? This tie i dont want to lie, and i want to claim student because i am still a student!

I am not a visa officer, and am not God either. I know miracle do happen, but in a very few cases. Going with your story unless miracle happens. Your chance of even getting it this time is very slim, close to zero. You claimed you were a businessman few days or week ago, now you going back to tell them you are a student. What happen to your business? They have documentation of the last interview. You need to wait a bit, allow your status to change and do your home work fine before you reapply. Going for a conference that have something to do with the business you claimed initially might be good.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
@USIT:
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
@DAROCHA 1: You should always know the meaning of a word before you use it. Accomplice is someone that partake in a crime. Are you saying your brother is a criminal or what.

As per the document written in French you might need to translate it through a translator like a school, teacher or embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darocha1: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2013
Tnx a lot.correction noted and taken

pastor4real: @DAROCHA 1: You should always know the meaning of a word before you use it. Accomplice is someone that partake in a crime. Are you saying your brother is a criminal or what.

As per the document written in French you might need to translate it through a translator like a school, teacher or embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by routledge: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2013
favored gal:

hmm, she has a valid visa so she can't possibly be applying na, so you have to apply alone and you can state you are traveling with your fiancee, however, me thinks you will have a stronger case if you wait till you are married, that way you have stronger ties to Naij in their eyes

so one should not apply till after our wedding?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by emmanuelefe(m): 5:31am On Sep 08, 2013
Good morning, this is actually my first time of using Nairaland, please pardon me for now in case I make a mistake in following the terms and conditions of this page.

please I need an advice, I want to travel out to US because my uncle leaves there. He has asked me to do all I can to get the visa and then he will now play his part by sending me an invitation. but the truth is that I don't know where to start from.

please I will appreciate an advice on the steps to take in other to secure a visa successfully since I have an uncle there already and what are the document they will probably require? because I don't intend to lie about anything. I haven't travel before, will this affect me also? and I am not working but my parents are sponsoring me. what do you think can affect my visa application? please I need these information urgently so that I can prepare my self beforehand.

thanks

Emmanuel Efe smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 7:33am On Sep 08, 2013
emmanuelefe
What is your age? This will help to answer questions.
What do you want to do there?
Do you intend to have a holiday and return? (Visit visa)
Do you want to go to school?
Or do you intend to get there then overstay and hussle?

As a single person with no ties to make you return home you look a bad risk for visa issue.
If you are over 18 you can be expected to sponsor yourself.

It is not looking good at the moment you need to improve your chances.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adeg(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Very informative thread.

Please help in this regard:

I have a friend that is invited for a conference in Oct 1 - 6. The company inviting her is sponsoring her travel and stay. Since is about 20 days to the conference day, what's the likelihood of her getting visa if she makes visa payment tomorrow??

Also, I advised her to inform the company to send copy of her Invitation letter to US Consulate in Lagos directly. Will that quicken her visa application process please?

Please help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
adeg: Very informative thread.

Please help in this regard:

I have a friend that is invited for a conference in Oct 1 - 6. The company inviting her is sponsoring her travel and stay. Since is about 20 days to the conference day, what's the likelihood of her getting visa if she makes visa payment tomorrow??

Also, I advised her to inform the company to send copy of her Invitation letter to US Consulate in Lagos directly. Will that quicken her visa application process please?

Please help

She can't know if she will get the visa until she attends the interview. That means the earlier she makes payment for her visa, the better for her in securing a convenient date for her interview.

She doesnt need the company to send her IV directly to the embassy, as this may not help sway the CO's decision in her favour. Even correspondence gets lost in transit. She will need to go for her interview with her IV in her hands.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 2:26am On Sep 10, 2013
dear tzetze[sub][/sub]fly,God bless you and other guru on this trend for the good work you guys are doing,kudos.please am trying to pay my immigrant fee for my green card but they kept asking for my alien number online and i don't know which is my alien number and i was told it's neither my social security number nor my case ID when processing my visa,pls i need assistance,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Henries: dear tzetze[sub][/sub]fly,God bless you and other guru on this trend for the good work you guys are doing,kudos.please am trying to pay my immigrant fee for my green card but they kept asking for my alien number online and i don't know which is my alien number and i was told it's neither my social security number nor my case ID when processing my visa,pls i need assistance,thanks

Hearing that for the first time ....
You should check the form well and see if you've clicked on anything
that has to do with been an alien or not

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2013
suxes2005:

Hearing that for the first time ....
You should check the form well and see if you've clicked on anything
that has to do with been an alien or not

SHALOM
thanks i'v seen the number,it's the second number on my passport under my case number,GOD BLESS
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotunbond(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hi all,
please i need some advice. i applied for US visa last year before i got married and during the interview i was asked if my father was a citizen and i replied "yes" which was also what i filled in my form. The CO den replied saying "your dad left nigeria with a visitor's visa and didn't return". I was lost for words as i didnt know anything about my dad's application or that his decisions would affect me. So i was denied a visa and when i asked the reason y, he just passed me a paper that stated general reasons why one can be denied a visa. I reapplied the next month because i was baffled and thot mayb i was to defend myself and prove that i was coming back. I also sent an email to stating everything that happened at the first interview and my amazement at the fact that i was denied because of my dad. The next interviewer i had the following month was a lady which was nice and to cut the long story short, i was denied again and when i asked her to give me the real reason, she said because of my dad and so i asked her "that means i'd never get into the US" and she replied saying it will be very difficult. hmmmmm embarassed cry.
Now i am married and i still wish to go to the US and possibly give birth in the US but have no intention whatsoever of staying there. Any advice on what i can/should do plsssss would be very much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
dotunbond: Hi all,
please i need some advice. i applied for US visa last year before i got married and during the interview i was asked if my father was a citizen and i replied "yes" which was also what i filled in my form. The CO den replied saying "your dad left nigeria with a visitor's visa and didn't return". I was lost for words as i didnt know anything about my dad's application or that his decisions would affect me. So i was denied a visa and when i asked the reason y, he just passed me a paper that stated general reasons why one can be denied a visa. I reapplied the next month because i was baffled and thot mayb i was to defend myself and prove that i was coming back. I also sent an email to stating everything that happened at the first interview and my amazement at the fact that i was denied because of my dad. The next interviewer i had the following month was a lady which was nice and to cut the long story short, i was denied again and when i asked her to give me the real reason, she said because of my dad and so i asked her "that means i'd never get into the US" and she replied saying it will be very difficult. hmmmmm embarassed cry.
Now i am married and i still wish to go to the US and possibly give birth in the US but have no intention whatsoever of staying there. Any advice on what i can/should do plsssss would be very much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
too bad the CO's are unable to trust any of your family members as a result of your dad overstaying his visa.they would reckon you probably wanna elope to the US and join your Dad.He has created a difficult situation for you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
@dotunbond: True, its a difficult situation, but you can still get it. You are married now and you probably have a good job and hopefully have been to other countries(if you havent try and visit at least three countries before you reapply)

My advice to you will be to fill the form like you wont have the opportunity of an interview.

For instance in the column they say have you been refused a visa before and reason. State yes, you'v applied twice and you'v been denied twice because of your dad. However you feel your situation is different...you have a job earning x amount while your husband earns x amount...and have no intention of absconding to face uncertainties.

You have also been to x no of countries and you have never overstayed your visa

Put everything you can put to show you have ties to naija on your form cuz you may not have the opportunity to say it at the interview and apply with your husband

This is what i did when filling my husband's form. He has a pending approved f4, so he already even had a documented intention to migrate and has been denied thrice prior to getting it last month. Goodluck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by daprof2: 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pls house my brother is hoping to travel to us on visit visa, and I have a very close friend there who his going to stay with during his staying, so my question is what are the things my friend should do in order to fasting is application?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by emmanuelefe(m): 1:06am On Sep 11, 2013
worry 359: emmanuelefe
What is your age? This will help to answer questions.
What do you want to do there?
Do you intend to have a holiday and return? (Visit visa)
Do you want to go to school?
Or do you intend to get there then overstay and hussle?

As a single person with no ties to make you return home you look a bad risk for visa issue.
If you are over 18 you can be expected to sponsor yourself.

It is not looking good at the moment you need to improve your chances.

Thank u very much for responding to me

I am 30 years old. I'm through with my education and my NYSC scheme but I want to travel to US for a visit
I have my uncles who has been in US for decades now so they are inviting me to come for a brief stay with them.
I know I need a visiting Visiting but I don't know how to go about it since this is my first time of applying.

I am not working yet but my parents are sponsoring me for the trip. Now since I have relatives there do I still need to pay for hotel reservation?

How much is the is the visa application fee? after paying for the visa application , what more am I going to pay for?

So stating all these, I want to know the process of applying for the visa and the documents that are needed so that I can start
preparing them because I am not willing to lie about anything. please you guys should just give me guide lines in other to boost my chances of getting the visa because am optimistic of getting my visa without stress but your candid advice is well appreciated. thanks

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by emmanuelefe(m): 1:11am On Sep 11, 2013
emmanuelefe: Good morning, this is actually my first time of using Nairaland, please pardon me for now in case I make a mistake in following the terms and conditions of this page.

please I need an advice, I want to travel out to US because my uncle leaves there. He has asked me to do all I can to get the visa and then he will now play his part by sending me an invitation. but the truth is that I don't know where to start from.

please I will appreciate an advice on the steps to take in other to secure a visa successfully since I have an uncle there already and what are the document they will probably require? because I don't intend to lie about anything. I haven't travel before, will this affect me also? and I am not working but my parents are sponsoring me. what do you think can affect my visa application? please I need these information urgently so that I can prepare my self beforehand.

thanks

Emmanuel Efe smiley

Thank u very much for responding to me

I am 30 years old. I'm through with my education and my NYSC scheme but I want to travel to US for a visit
I have my uncles who has been in US for decades now so they are inviting me to come for a brief stay with them.
I know I need a visit visa but I don't know how to go about it since this is my first time of applying.

I am not working yet but my parents are sponsoring me for the trip. Now since I have relatives there do I still need to pay for hotel reservation?

How much is the visa application fee? after paying for the visa application , what more am I going to pay for?

So stating all these, I want to know the process of applying for the visa and the documents that are needed so that I can start
preparing them because I am not willing to lie about anything. please you guys should just give me guide lines in other to boost my chances of getting the visa because am optimistic of getting my visa without stress but your candid advice is well appreciated. thanks
[/color]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by micojos: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
Does any one have any Idea about how much is sufficient to prove enough fund when you are applying for the purpose of attending a 3 days conference?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotunbond(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
@ favored gal; thanks a lot. Will do. One last question tho, when next I'm applying, do u advice that I still put my dad's address as where I'd b staying in d US or I should go 2 a friend's place in anoda state? Could dat also improve my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
your friend's i guess
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2013
@ emmanuelefe you have to do your homework and go online to find out how to apply, d fees, booking an appointment and so on. No one is gonna give u step by step moves here: it's too tedious and has been done on earlier pages of the thread. check out www.ustraveldocs.com/ng guidelines on how to fill the application form (DS-160) are all there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.