Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? (21474 Views)

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Please Help With Transportation Guide To Ìkejì Arakeji Mountain / No Social Distancing In Lagos This Morning; Ikorodu BRT Terminal. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Doyou2019: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2020
taiwoowiat:
In Ibadan here, taxes are still carrying normal passengers and you hardly see people wearing nose cover again

If not for some organization that still enforcing it, you will think that there is no Covid19 in ibadan.

No increment in TF

Ibadan people no mumu like Lagos people oo. 100percent hike for wetin
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by DrTims(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2020
I can do anything, I learn quickly. Am also good with the computer, I can also drive, I do research work for students, etc
Queenlovely:

what's can you do
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Queenlovely(f): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2020
[quote author=DrTims post=93455838]I can do anything, I learn quickly. Am also good with the computer, I can also drive, I do research work for students, etc [/quote

can you do boy boy in South Africa, how old are you
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Seunpaul01(m): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2020
Abeg, who sabi price for bus from Lagos to ph
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Praktikals(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Queenlovely:
nothing is expensive it's just that you can't afford it,

I feel your pain,

when my new driver was indirectly using style to ask me to increase his salary, I knew something was wrong.

somebody that I pay 150k per month plus all the chuwa chwa. he uses my vehicle to run Uber, he inflate price of repair, and manufacture fault for the vehicle. using a Mercedes Benz Gguard to run Uber

I see but I pretend. that guy has almost completed his village home at my expense but I overlook.

truly things are very expensive in the market, there are still roadblocks on our highway, making logistics of food products expensive..

most people don't even go to their regular churches because of transportation cost.

from airport to maitaima Uber charged by boy 20k.
If you be woman, abeg come give me work under you. How much will u pay a service engineer? Pls dm
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Doyou2019: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2020
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Doesn't exist in Lagos....transporters are catching the cruise of a lifetime at the detriment of commuters.

The bleeping mass transit buses Lagosians look to for succour are now leading the charge even competing with commercial Lagos buses.

Lagosians are the most resilient people I've encountered amidst all these crazy fairs they carry on like it doesn't matter.

Mumuness is what you tagged 'resilient'. People who just sit back and take every shii forced down their throat. People from other south west states are not this dense. They wouldn't dare board a bus for the prices I am reading now.

4 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by yesloaded: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2020
demsid:
Those bus drivers are out of control. E no suppose worse like that, but they act as they wish. They started with 400naira from egbeda to oshodi which was initially 150 or 200 with 2 persons per seat, now they are enjoying the massive profit. They now take 500 naira to oshodi, 400 naira to Ikeja, with 3 persons or even 4 per seat. Can you just imagine? This Lagos sef

LBSL don increase fare too

Berger - Oshodi is 250naira as against 150naira pre covid 19 grin
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Queenlovely(f): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Praktikals:

If you be woman, abeg come give me work under you. How much will u pay a service engineer? Pls dm

how old are you
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by DrTims(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Thought you were within the country. I can't travel out at the moment. Am currently enrolled for my PhD program at ABU, Zaria. Since am done with the course work. I was thinking maybe you could help me with a job in Nigeria[quote author=Queenlovely post=93455896][/quote]
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by emmy512: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2020
Calabar still dey normal

1 Like

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by toprealman: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2020
Airlines are the most laughable. They claim they are practicing social distancing but their seats are all booked, no single empty seat yet the fare is hiked!
They make it appear as if wearing face mask and having your laugage sprayed with unknown substance is all there is to keep the C- virus at bay!
Passenger waiting area is properly spaced but inside, nah, money does not maintain social distancing.

3 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Prozzy(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2020
Omo I'm tired o, imagine, N500 from ughelli to abraka is now N1,000 what a country!
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Queenlovely(f): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2020
DrTims:
Thought you were within the country. I can't travel out at the moment. Am currently enrolled for my PhD program at ABU, Zaria. Since am done with the course work. I was thinking maybe you could help me with a job in Nigeria

ok
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Rilwayne001: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2020
People like us with no much money can't stay in that una Lagos. I just entered car for a long distance and only paid #50 here in Ilorin. Leemao grin

The last time I was in Lagos ehn, I spent quite much on tfare so I can relate.

4 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by RealEzee(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2020
maxdi:
BRT buses too no help matters. I wish all passengers refuse to stay at home one full day to protest against the madness.
I once almost quarrelled a driver who carried two passengers in front sit and expected me to still pay new fair of 150. I just told him to fear God.
Let's all declare a "No transport day".
Only gvt who gave the ego can withdraw it but will they?
no b lie oooo
If only we fit really do am and damn the status quo sef, even if employers will calm down too but hey its possible, this thing dey affect everybody, if the least among us is empoverished we all go feel am cos negative things will spring up from there from crime and continuous begging, we go all feel am.

2 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by JasperVII(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
Abeg who has any idea what it costs now from PH to Warri?
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by osazsky(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
jericco1:
From Ipaja to Costain no be here o 1600 for transport daily embarassed

E no funny o sad angry
what is wrong with 1600 daily has Buhari not tried for us..watch CNN and see thousands Of Americans dying daily cuz trump was not proactive.nigdrians will never appreciate thier own..I will vote for bubu for the 3rd time or if Senate doesn't allow him to contest I will vote for his sons or daughter if only he can impose them on us before leaving office.nigerians need strong hand. And someone that is not too currupt

3 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by kaludestiny10(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
Na only for Abuja municipal, I notice say people dey observe social distancing for vehicles. But since I enter PH for over a month now, nothing like social distancing inside buses. Na full load them dey carry o.
While olopka men dey road dey collect their regular egwunje

1 Like

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Bestrolland(m): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
e don tire person ��[i]e don tire person ��[/i]e don tire person ��
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by mamotalk: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
this pandemic is just a means of government to inflict pains on the masses.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by tchidi066(f): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Not easy, the transport fare hike is really taking a toll, imagine you withdraw some cash, and you want to go somewhere, by the time you are back there is nothing left, i hardly go anywhere these days, wonder how it is for people using public transport to and fro everyday, it is well

2 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by osazsky(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
maxdi:
BRT buses too no help matters. I wish all passengers refuse to stay at home one full day to protest against the madness.
I once almost quarrelled a driver who carried two passengers in front sit and expected me to still pay new fair of 150. I just told him to fear God.
Let's all declare a "No transport day".
Only gvt who gave the ego can withdraw it but will they?
protest na...pls army Dss take note sowore boy spotted shoot at sight these people need strong hand..which useless protest what is bad abt this govt..na so Rwanda take start.pls bubu nor sorry for them we cannot allow anarchy in this our dear country

3 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by osazsky(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
mamotalk:
this pandemic is just a means of government to inflict pains on the masses.
and senators...chief of staff are dying..people that have monies have gone down..imagine if poor person way say na scamdemic come get am..it is finished.na inside house the person go for die.to treat covid is expensive believe bus conductors at ur own peril
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by manunitedbabes: 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
Walai no be small thing
Increase of TP high for abuja ohhhh
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by femmyAdagba(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
This is a sensitive and very important topic and I appreciate the opinionist.
Transportation in Lagos is now getting out of hands.
Imagine someone navigating Ipaja to Costain spending 1,200 daily.
That's over 25k monthly ON TRANSPORTATION TO WORK ONLY. And that someone earns around 50 to 60k. What is left? And other bills must run.

I initially applauded the State Government when I heard the commissioning of the New BRT Buses, but I later felt disappointed because ITS NOT FOR THE MASSES.

Why should regular big buses be initially carrying Ojota, Ketu, Mile 12 for btw N50 to N100 and you pay btw N150 to N200 for Ikorodu

But a GOVERNMENT OWNED TRANSPORT SCHEME would tell you to pay N300 FOR ANY BUS STOP (INCLUDING ANTHONY and Ojota)?
Same applies to various routes.

OOR GOVERNMENT have encouraged small buses to carry Oshodi to Ojota for N300 because that's the price the STATE OWNED BRT is carrying it

The Oshodi - Abule Egba bus is also N300 for all bus stops (including Ikeja Along)
Abule Egba that before, as at February, March N100 can transport one with the regular buses ESPECIALLY THE BIG BUSES.

And you need to see how the LASTMA and State TASK FORCE are frustrating the regular transporters in the State. I witnessed one recently and I shake my heads for how Satan would use some human beings for firewood for hell fire.
It is the Agberos that determine the transport fare for a particular trip.
I made research and I found out that Transport fare would have been cheaper IF THERE WERE NO IMPOSED FEES ON THE TRANSPORTERS.
They even settle Law enforcement Agents.

When you go to some states, N50 - N100 would be paid for distance of several Kilometers but reverse is the case in Lagos State especially.

Even Ikeja to Berger BRT that used to be N100 is now N150

I wonder how much they will transport the Masses from Oshodi to Ilasa that the regular buses used to carry for N50 Naira including Cele Express which was recently increased to N100 Naira

In a nutshell, this government is mostly for the rich thereby inflicting hardship on its citizens / residents.
Whenever I think about this country, I almost submit to PROBABLY GOD DELIBERATELY RAISING SOME LEADERS TO DEAL WITH NIGERIANS.
Because name anything or scheme the Government is bringing up which is not to extort from citizens and they spend resources on both necessary and unnecessary expenses.

I understand the heat associated with leadership positions, but I think Public office holders need to be mentored by Alhaji Lateef Jakande, the First Executive Governor of Lagos State. Because the man was a man of the masses AND ANY GOVERNOR IS YET TO BEAT HIS ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE THE 80'S

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is another example and Babatunde Raji Fashola.
But they are still behind Alhaji Jakande.

I wish I could have a discuss with the current Governor so that I can speak for the masses as a result of the hardship people are going through.

But the Summary is that WE SHALL ALL RENDER OUR ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP TO GOD AFTER OUR SOJOURN ON EARTH and we shall receive our reward meticulously

This topic is still on Transportation,, not housing, Electricity, food, Healthcare, etc.

It is well with our so-called Government oh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by ikorodureporta: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
What's the cost from ph to Lagos now
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Angelfrost(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
gnykelly:

Nigerian Government wasn't created to solve problems. it was established bro enrich it current occupant

FIXED!!! undecided
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by kaludestiny10(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
Go to the bus terminal and find out the fare.
JasperVII:
Abeg who has any idea what it costs now from PH to Warri?
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by simplepee(f): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
DrTims:
Abi. Are you in Lag?
No. Why?
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by DrTims(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nothing. Just asking
simplepee:
No. Why?
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Okonubong55: 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
sherylbakky:
No be only travel, to me, travel own better sef.

It is not easy here in lagos o, t.fare that used to be #100/150 is now #400/500. It's not easy at all.

If government really want to help ppl in this period dropping of fuel price greatly sud av bn the major way to go.
Guy e no easy fa
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by mydivinely: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
i no fit talk again,, God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medview Plane Makes Emergency Air Return To Lagos / A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) / LAMATA Realeses Blue Line Railway Schedule For This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.