Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? (21473 Views)

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Please Help With Transportation Guide To Ìkejì Arakeji Mountain / No Social Distancing In Lagos This Morning; Ikorodu BRT Terminal. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by mamotalk: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
osazsky:
and senators...chief of staff are dying..people that have monies have gone down..imagine if poor person way say na scamdemic come get am..it is finished.na inside house the person go for die.to treat covid is expensive believe bus conductors at ur own peril
what are you saying? I can't understand your point and position.
if you like don't agree, government in Nigeria use Covid19 to punish the masses.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by LaIabobo: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
chelsea1116:
Dis is hw we observe d so called social distancing, everybdy is jus tired of ds disease and many are going against d mask rule.

But their government pays for all the inconveniences...since April till last month.

Whether or not u re a citizen, so far u re documented.

If corona stopped ur work u wil be paid.

If u re not working, u will stil b paid because corona myt hv stoppd u frm gettn a job.

BUT "WONDERFUL" NAIJA GOVT DONT CARE OF HER CITIZENS' INCONVENIENCES...NO REGARD, NO LOVE, NO RESPECT FOR THE MASSES.

Its a big shame.

Which country is this??
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by lekan3531(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
MasterDreamz:
It's not easy for the common man.

Spent 4,500 from Lagos to Ife(3k to Ibadan, I.5k from Ibadan to Ife) last month.
Had to go clear my load from my hostel, the landlord wasn't having it.

Omo this no be time for waka aboutcheesy

Before from Lagos to Ile-ife is #1500 or #1700
but Nigeria don turn other side

GOD help us in dis country

1 Like

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by chidifrank(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Queenlovely:

what's can you do
I can drive and do house chores for you ma as well all in d same price. Pls give me a try. 09023503799
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by obonujoker(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
femmyAdagba:
This is a sensitive and very important topic and I appreciate the opinionist.
Transportation in Lagos is now getting out of hands.
Imagine someone navigating Ipaja to Costain spending 1,200 daily.
That's over 25k monthly ON TRANSPORTATION TO WORK ONLY. And that someone earns around 50 to 60k. What is left? And other bills must run.

I initially applauded the State Government when I heard the commissioning of the New BRT Buses, but I later felt disappointed because ITS NOT FOR THE MASSES.

Why should regular big buses be initially carrying Ojota, Ketu, Mile 12 for btw N50 to N100 and you pay btw N150 to N200 for Ikorodu

But a GOVERNMENT OWNED TRANSPORT SCHEME would tell you to pay N300 FOR ANY BUS STOP (INCLUDING ANTHONY and Ojota)?
Same applies to various routes.

OOR GOVERNMENT have encouraged small buses to carry Oshodi to Ojota for N300 because that's the price the STATE OWNED BRT is carrying it

The Oshodi - Abule Egba bus is also N300 for all bus stops (including Ikeja Along)
Abule Egba that before, as at February, March N100 can transport one with the regular buses ESPECIALLY THE BIG BUSES.

And you need to see how the LASTMA and State TASK FORCE are frustrating the regular transporters in the State. I witnessed one recently and I shake my heads for how Satan would use some human beings for firewood for hell fire.
It is the Agberos that determine the transport fare for a particular trip.
I made research and I found out that Transport fare would have been cheaper IF THERE WERE NO IMPOSED FEES ON THE TRANSPORTERS.
They even settle Law enforcement Agents.

When you go to some states, N50 - N100 would be paid for distance of several Kilometers but reverse is the case in Lagos State especially.

Even Ikeja to Berger BRT that used to be N100 is now N150

I wonder how much they will transport the Masses from Oshodi to Ilasa that the regular buses used to carry for N50 Naira including Cele Express which was recently increased to N100 Naira

In a nutshell, this government is mostly for the rich thereby inflicting hardship on its citizens / residents.
Whenever I think about this country, I almost submit to PROBABLY GOD DELIBERATELY RAISING SOME LEADERS TO DEAL WITH NIGERIANS.
Because name anything or scheme the Government is bringing up which is not to extort from citizens and they spend resources on both necessary and unnecessary expenses.

I understand the heat associated with leadership positions, but I think Public office holders need to be mentored by Alhaji Lateef Jakande, the First Executive Governor of Lagos State. Because the man was a man of the masses AND ANY GOVERNOR IS YET TO BEAT HIS ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE THE 80'S

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is another example and Babatunde Raji Fashola.
But they are still behind Alhaji Jakande.

I wish I could have a discuss with the current Governor so that I can speak for the masses as a result of the hardship people are going through.

But the Summary is that WE SHALL ALL RENDER OUR ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP TO GOD AFTER OUR SOJOURN ON EARTH and we shall receive our reward meticulously

This topic is still on Transportation,, not housing, Electricity, food, Healthcare, etc.

It is well with our so-called Government oh

Lies. We must enjoy baba government, and not allow PDP or any party in Lagos, even if it means we paying 500 from Maryland to Ikeja.

Omoluabi le'mi o

1 Like

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by femi4: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Me I don tire+o! sad cool
Go n buy a car
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by ezechi24(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
osazsky:
what is wrong with 1600 daily has Buhari not tried for us..watch CNN and see thousands Of Americans dying daily cuz trump was not proactive.nigdrians will never appreciate thier own..I will vote for bubu for the 3rd time or if Senate doesn't allow him to contest I will vote for his sons or daughter if only he can impose them on us before leaving office.nigerians need strong hand. And someone that is not too currupt

Which kind fool be this undecided undecided undecided....so you never still get sence.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by ikorodureporta: 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
femi4:
Go n buy a car
person wey dey drive in & out of Ikorodu daily no like himself
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by femi4: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
ikorodureporta:

person wey dey drive in & out of Ikorodu daily no like himself
Go out early by 4am
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by soleexx(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
Queenlovely:
nothing is expensive it's just that you can't afford it,

I feel your pain,

when my new driver was indirectly using style to ask me to increase his salary, I knew something was wrong.

somebody that I pay 150k per month plus all the chuwa chwa. he uses my vehicle to run Uber, he inflate price of repair, and manufacture fault for the vehicle. using a Mercedes Benz Gguard to run Uber

I see but I pretend. that guy has almost completed his village home at my expense but I overlook.

truly things are very expensive in the market, there are still roadblocks on our highway, making logistics of food products expensive..

most people don't even go to their regular churches because of transportation cost.

from airport to maitaima Uber charged by boy 20k.

If only Nigerians can afford vehicle mortgage, I guess no one will care about public transport
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by osazsky(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
ezechi24:

Which kind fool be this undecided undecided undecided....so you never still get sence.
at least Buhari and his sons doesn't have free bullion Van's.. we can't afford to go back to where we are coming from.yopob say no to currupt leaders. grow up

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by OBA117(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
There is no any social distancing in Lagos vehicles...The worst part of it is, they still hike the transport fare...
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by hybridblood07(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Bros, no check and balance in this country. Those transportation guys have no chill and do whatever they like. All this rubbish should stop!
demsid:
Those bus drivers are out of control. E no suppose worse like that, but they act as they wish. They started with 400naira from egbeda to oshodi which was initially 150 or 200 with 2 persons per seat, now they are enjoying the massive profit. They now take 500 naira to oshodi, 400 naira to Ikeja, with 3 persons or even 4 per seat. Can you just imagine? This Lagos sef
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by klinting(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
plz who knows the price of bus from Uyo to Lagos.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Worksunlimited: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Me I don tire+o! sad cool

I jejely take bolt and Uber.. the cost is draining my pocket but I have aged parents I need to protect, so it's worth it.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Does anybody know the cost of transportation from Lagos to delta state?Obiaruku precisely.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
The hike in transportation is due to the price increase in Lagos BRT buses.Even the mc oluomo agbero association who extort money from commercial buses are making matters worst.Before a commercial bus start picking passengers in a bus park he must cough out #2 to #3k.After that he will start paying owl load #3h.owo chairman #2h.Owo boys #2h.Owo this and that,and this happens in every bustop he drop and pick passengers.What is mc oluomo using this money to do because this money doesn't go to Lagos state government purse.

2 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by charlesm91(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
demsid:
Those bus drivers are out of control. E no suppose worse like that, but they act as they wish. They started with 400naira from egbeda to oshodi which was initially 150 or 200 with 2 persons per seat, now they are enjoying the massive profit. They now take 500 naira to oshodi, 400 naira to Ikeja, with 3 persons or even 4 per seat. Can you just imagine? This Lagos sef
it’s bad and sometimes them go still carry 4 per seat if authorities no dey. Na until one time we protest for inside bus their head correct. How you go charge us 400 and still carry 4 per seat and collect 400 cos of what? Are we not paying for the extra spaces. Na everybody corrupt for him lane.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
emmy512:
Calabar still dey normal
It is when Lagos state government increased the transport fare of brt that other commercial buses took advantage to also increase theirs.These brt buses were purchased with tax payers money.Not only that, corporate bodies also use the brt buses to advertise their products making the government to make extra revenue,but the government claim that the buses are expensive to maintain.Who ask them to go into transport business in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Sammyolis: 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Danfo no even mind them
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Luckydubby7(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2020
femmyAdagba:
That's over 25k monthly ON TRANSPORTATION TO WORK ONLY. And that someone earns around 50 to 60k. What is left? And other bills must run.

I initially applauded the State Government when I heard the commissioning of the New BRT Buses, but I later felt disappointed because ITS NOT FOR THE MASSES.

Why should regular big buses be initially carrying Ojota, Ketu, Mile 12 for btw N50 to N100 and you pay btw N150 to N200 for Ikorodu

But a GOVERNMENT OWNED TRANSPORT SCHEME would tell you to pay N300 FOR ANY BUS STOP (INCLUDING ANTHONY and Ojota)?

OOR GOVERNMENT have encouraged small buses to carry Oshodi to Ojota for N300 because that's the price the STATE OWNED BRT is carrying it

The Oshodi - Abule Egba bus is also N300 for all bus stops (including Ikeja Along)
Abule Egba that before, as at February, March N100 can transport one with the regular buses ESPECIALLY THE BIG BUSES.

And you need to see how the LASTMA and State TASK FORCE are frustrating the regular transporters in the State. I witnessed one recently and I shake my heads for how Satan would use some human beings for firewood for hell fire.
I made research and I found out that Transport fare would have been cheaper IF THERE WERE NO IMPOSED FEES ON THE TRANSPORTERS.

When you go to some states, N50 - N100 would be paid for distance of several Kilometers but reverse is the case in Lagos State especially.

I wonder how much they will transport the Masses from Oshodi to Ilasa that the regular buses used to carry for N50 Naira including Cele Express which was recently increased to N100 Naira

In a nutshell, this government is mostly for the rich thereby inflicting hardship on its citizens / residents.
Whenever I think about this country, I almost submit to PROBABLY GOD DELIBERATELY RAISING SOME LEADERS TO DEAL WITH NIGERIANS.
Because name anything or scheme the Government is bringing up which is not to extort from citizens and they spend resources on both necessary and unnecessary expenses.

I understand the heat associated with leadership positions, but I think Public office holders need to be mentored by Alhaji Lateef Jakande, the First Executive Governor of Lagos State. Because the man was a man of the masses AND ANY GOVERNOR IS YET TO BEAT HIS ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE THE 80'S

I wish I could have a discuss with the current Governor so that I can speak for the masses as a result of the hardship people are going through.

But the Summary is that WE SHALL ALL RENDER OUR ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP TO GOD AFTER OUR SOJOURN ON EARTH and we shall receive our reward meticulously

This topic is still on Transportation,, not housing, Electricity, food, Healthcare, etc.

Sir for 26 days is N31,200
Why for 24 days is N28,000
Not funny at all.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
femmyAdagba:

I wanted to like your comment but when mentioned tinubu and fashola I stopped.Can you mentioned their pro masses achievement?

1 Like

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by sirkonline(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Meanwhile in Toronto (Missisauga) Its free ride for everyone for 5 months, they dont want passenger using the front entrance to protect drivers, and other part of Toronto, they dont enforce payment if you dont pay. Nigeria has a long way to go. oh..i also forgot 2000dollars monthly in Canada since April, that was extended till end of September

3 Likes

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Praktikals(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
Queenlovely:

how old are you
In my late thirties but age is no barrier
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by dingbang(m): 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
I'm in niger state sipping wine.. All these things being complained about be like CNN news to me

1 Like

Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by jaeyking(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
Queenlovely:

I feel your pain,

when my new driver was indirectly using style to ask me to increase his salary, I knew something was wrong.

somebody that I pay 150k per month plus all the chuwa chwa. he uses my vehicle to run Uber, he inflate price of repair, and manufacture fault for the vehicle. using a Mercedes Benz Gguard to run Uber

I see but I pretend. that guy has almost completed his village home at my expense but I overlook.

truly things are very expensive in the market, there are still roadblocks on our highway, making logistics of food products expensive..

most people don't even go to their regular churches because of transportation cost.

well you hit a valid point "nothing is expensive, you just can't afford it".

well looking at Nigeria the masses are mainly average to low earners.
so the wailing
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Ogrinzy8: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
It's been alarming o
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by Current01: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
Current01:

I need a job ma'am, I'm a graduate and I can do any time of job. Pls help me madam.
Queenlovely:

I feel your pain,

I need a job ma'am, I'm a graduate and I can do any type of job. Pls help me madam.
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by PastorFire: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
CheedyJ:
Absolutely terrible to say the least ... To get to Ikeja & back before was 500-600 but now it’s between 800-1k & salary no dey increase but expenses wan kee person
Somtin we are paying N50 here
Re: Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? by oloriLFC(f): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
eyeon:
As the thing pepper me so bad and I couldn't do anything to change the mindset of drivers, I had to bend. And even the bending don bend me. sad
N50 = N100.
N100 = N200.
N400 = N1,000(normal travel o)

Na mad people wey the thing no affect cos them don dey waka-waka from the origin of mad people.
The thing come dey do me like make I mad sef.
hahahaha! Mad na! lmao! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medview Plane Makes Emergency Air Return To Lagos / A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) / LAMATA Realeses Blue Line Railway Schedule For This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.