Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me (54963 Views)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by abels(m): 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:
Crase husband, you want your wife to be cooking for your useless religious cult members frequently because she agreed to marry you.

Carry your evil load and get out of this place.
you're fail to listen to details Nd very very insensitive
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by mumexcellency(f): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Mr, man, you dont understant the stress she went through the other year she made the food alone, she was even pregnant. Therefore, she has vowed not to try it never again. So, biko leave her alone. Gather your sisters, relations and all to cook and clean or get a caterer. Since she cant force you to do what will stress your life, please dont force her. Haba!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Lizzydonnah(f): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bossose:
I'm shocked as f**ck. I mean a woman can't cook for the sake of her husband? I was even angry when op said he will pound for her undecided.

@OP I WILL ADVISE YOU TO TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HOUSE AS A MAN AND ENSURE THAT WIFE MUST DO THAT COOKING ELSE SHOW HER YOU PAID THE BRIDE PRICE AND NOT SHE
So, she should beat or divorce his wife Abi? Sibosu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by DeRoyalhouse: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:
I told her that I would assist her. I even asked to bring her a female church member to assist but she refused.

Cooking a large quality of food is very stressful, she will need like two strong ladies to help with the cooking, serving and dish washing.

I remember when my husband and I hosted few of our friends for our sons first birthday party, my brother's wife came a day before plus two other women that helped with the cooking and doing the dishes. After, it took some days before I was able to clean my house to how it was before the party.

Hosting people is not an easy thing. You are seeing it that she will just make two soups but your wife is concerning all that has to do with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by psalmuelwater(m): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
SmileDance:
I will give an advise when you answer my questions
1. Who will serve the 18-25 men after she cooks for them?
2. Who will pack the plates after the 18-23 men have finished eating?
3. Who will wash the dishes and clean the house after the 18-25 men have left?
Are you sure some of the 18-25 men will not eventually feel entitled to having your wife cook for them later on?
4. Are you sure you are not bringing see finish into your house laidis

If na me them wan force make she cook laidis if the men no chop rat poison na small e go remain. I'm just saying my own
Lol
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Yankee101: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
How much is Mr biggs per head?

You can't just expect her to cook under such short notice

If you sabi cook, cook yourself if you can't buy take out
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Landnaira5: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Saintmary:

Your good women are slaves, born to cook and satisfy your whims,
Arrrrgh, I've got stuffs to concentrate on tonight so lemme save my energy for later.
If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would have bought pie and Bigi for them at 8000 and still cut your costs.
Set awon "use them hubbies".
Your type of husbands squeeze the very life out of your wives till they start looking like your mummies before 40.
Mtcheew.

Don't mind them. Better stop arguing with them. I blame women that accept the entitlement of Nigerian men. Lmao

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Akhigbeblog(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:
Crase husband, you want your wife to be cooking for your useless religious cult members frequently because she agreed to marry you.

grin grin grin
Guy slow down
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:
Truth is, I've since considered this but the thought that my wife will sit while watching my friends and I do the cooking (I don't know how to make the soup. She's good at that) doesn't sit well. If she'd just agree, I don't mind getting more people to assist.

Uyi says you're a troll, maybe. But let me advise. You told your wife to cook and serve a guest of 20 when she was 5 months pregnant.

Do you know why she accepted then? She was a new bride, eager to do whatever will please her husband. But do you know the effect that cooking had on her both physically and psychologically?

Now every time she remembers that cooking, not only does she remember how you were inconsiderate in asking her to cook for such a number of people with her five months of pregnancy, she probably also has shivers running down her spine when she remembers the stress she went through.

The main reason why she is refusing now is psychological stress. She remembers the cooking as unpleasant and stressful. And she is not willing to walk that path again.

What to do?

Apologize. Let her know how sorry you are for letting her cook when she was heavily pregnant.

Let her know that you only need her to price stuff when you go to the market.

Let her know you only need her to add the ingredients to the soup.

Let her know you'll wash the pots and plates before and after cooking.

Let her know you'll buy her Coldstone ice cream (or whatever relaxes her) after cooking.

Let her know you're too broke to afford a caterer. Talk softly to women if you need something from them.

If you're too proud, go and hire a caterer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by chinchonglee(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:

I think the wife us only angry cos he doesn't have money!

He doesn't have 20k to pay caterers and he wants to host a get together. Who is he trying to Impress?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Regg231: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bros it is either you employ the service of a caterer or ask you fellow members to bring their wives I guess all of you are married
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Landnaira5: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bossose:
I'm shocked as f**ck. I mean a woman can't cook for the sake of her husband? I was even angry when op said he will pound for her undecided.

@OP I WILL ADVISE YOU TO TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HOUSE AS A MAN AND ENSURE THAT WIFE MUST DO THAT COOKING ELSE SHOW HER YOU PAID THE BRIDE PRICE AND NOT SHE

If he didnt now pay bride price nko? dodoyo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Ygrette(f): 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:

I don't need anyone to condemn my wife, the mother of my kids. I just need insight on how to get her to do it.

You can't get her to do it. What's wrong with you men atimes? You think women only belong in the kitchen?

And who told you you don't have a choice on whether to host or not? Must you live a fake life for church?

When your wife got married to you, she may have signed up for a lifetime of cooking and cleaning for her family, yes, but never for the whole village.

Oga pls, contract the job to a caterer. If madam says she wouldn't do it, try to be empathetic towards her feelings.

Some men can be insensitive atimes esp entitled husbands..like really?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by esthervera(f): 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
աɛʟʟ աɛ օռʟʏ ɦɛaʀ tɦɛ sɨɖɛ օʄ ʏօʊʀ stօʀʏ,ɨ'ʍ ʋɛʀʏ sʊʀɛ ʏօʊʀ աɨʄɛ աɨʟʟ ɖɛʄɨռɨtɛʟʏ ɦaʋɛ a taռɢɛaɮʟɛ ʀɛasօռ,ɮʊt ʄօʀ ռօա ɖօռ't ʄօʀċɛ ɦɛʀ,ɨʄ ʏօʊʀ ɦaʋɛ a ʏօʊռɢɛʀ sɨstɛʀ tɦat ċaռ ċօօҡ tɦɛ sօaք ʍaʏɮɛ asҡ ɦɛʀ tօ ɦɛʟք ʏօʊ ʄօʀ ռօա.ɮɛ քatɨɛռt աɨtɦ ɦɛʀ ʍaʏ ɢօɖ ɮɛ աɨtɦ ʏօʊ.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by royalfly(m): 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nooil:

Uyi says you're a troll, maybe. But let me advise. You told your wife to cook and serve a guest of 20 when she was 5 months pregnant.

Do you know why she accepted then? She was a new bride, eager to do whatever will please her husband. But do you know the effect that cooking had on her both physically and psychologically?

Now every time she remembers that cooking, not only does she remember how you were inconsiderate in asking her to cook for such number of people with her five months of pregnancy, she probably also have shivers running down her spine when she remembers the stress she went through.

The main reason why she is refusing now is the psychological stress. She remembers the cooking as unpleasant and stressful. And she is not willing to walk that part again.

What to do?

Apologize. Let her know how sorry you are for letting her to cook when she was heavily pregnant.

Let her know that you only need her to price stuff when you go to the market.

Let her know you only need her to add the ingredients to the soup.

Let her know you'll wash the pots and plates before and after cooking.

Let her know you'll buy her Coldstone ice cream (or whatever relaxes her) after cooking.

Let her know you're too broke to afford a caterer. Talk softly to women if you need something from them.

If you're too proud, go and hire a caterer.

I feel like insulting you but no need. When u marry do your own like that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Zane2point4(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:

The previous get togethers I went to, their wife did the cooking. It's just making of soup while I make the swallow.
My ordinary gf sef go embrace this offer as an honour sef.
Wetin deh for cooking 2 puts of soup.
Some women are just not into all this domestic stuff and sorry your wife seem to fall on that list.

Just try organize who go help u run am,frnds,sisters or any woman you know that cherishes kitchen work.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by lexy2014: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
femi4:
Pounding yam for 18-25 people? You are evil....you want to kill that woman. Go and get snacks or buy food from eatery for them

Did u read this in d story:

"Yam is quite expensive so we’re not pounding this time, just Semo."

Or u read d story with ur phone upside down?

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Boscolo: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
Some people here ll not accept the action of the lady, hence they are here typing rubbish. My guy, do you have your family close by like sisters ,if yes call them and ask them to help you out. If not look for another means. The truth is that your wife is being strong headed and if you keep begging her she may make some comment that may trigger your reflex, so be careful. According to you, you have tried to bring up various way to help her in a way to make the job less stressful and she refuses. So, put her in one corner try everything to ensure that the meeting go well.

This thing is not everyday , is once in 20month almost 2yrs. One day your friends ll come visit and she ll tell you that she can make food for them to eat.
Just bone her, and look for a way out.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by lexy2014: 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ygrette:

You can't get her to do no shit! What's wrong with you men atimes? You think women are slaves or that they belong in the kitchen and anything relating to that must be delegated to her?

What's your wife's business with your get- together? And who told you you don't have a choice on whether to host or not? Must you live a fake life for church?

When your wife got married to you, she may have signed up for a lifetime of rendering catering services to her family, yes, but never for the whole village.

Oga, better contract the job to a caterer. If madam says she wouldn't do it, so be it.

You men can be heartless sometimes esp entitled husbands..like wtf?

Are u married?
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Excuses: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Walk:
Does she have someone she listens to? Maybe a mother or something?

Sister for goodness sake. what's so special about a husband politely telling his wife they would be expecting visitors and that she should be prepared to lay out the table?

Why did they marry her in the first place? the man is even willing to assist you.

My younger sisters were right in a way..

During courtship a woman is different

After marriage expect changes

After children I go no were, we die together..

God help me cos am getting married next year...Only You can help me God..
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by TWoods(m): 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Threads like this are what make me appreciate my wife more and more. Thank you Jesus.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by BREYZ: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:
Hello Good afternoon Familanders. This is very long, so please bear with me.

I’ll start from the root. Well, in my church, there’s usually a committee for the married men where most times we can proffer solution to the issues or need of the church members and other times organize get together monthly within us (married men) just to foster unity. Since we're like 20, different men host the get together. Therefore, it's spaced out for 1year and 8months.

It all began last Sunday when I was chosen to oversee the next get together which comes up this Sunday after church. When we (my wife and I) got home after church, I told her about it and she immediately asked, “who would do the cooking”? I was taken aback as the question sounded strange. I replied her saying, since she did the cooking the last time, I figured she’d do it this time.

She got angry and said there’s no way she’ll be going through the stress of cooking for 18 to 25 men and that I better know what to do concerning who’s going to handle the cooking. I tried to calm her down and reminded her of how I assisted her in the kitchen by pounding the yams while she made the soup -two soups actually and that I was going to help her this time. Yam is quite expensive so we’re not pounding this time, just Semo.

She remained adamant and said there was no way she would do anything, that the work stressed her so much and she won’t partake in any cooking and that I better go find anyone to do the cooking. Thing is, I understood the fact that the work was stressful for her because she was 5 months pregnant then and it was her first time.

Yesterday at work, I kept pondering about a solution and a thought struck me. I called her from work and asked her, "how about I get one of the women at church to offer you support?". She blatantly refused and still held on to her words.

My mind hasn’t been settled since morning because I got hold of a caterer and she told me that she’ll charge a thousand naira per head, that is approximately 20k. Truth is, the get together came at a wrong time and considering the prices of drinks, the cost of the food stuff, meat, ingredients, etc. I really can’t afford a caterer right now.

I’m at a cross road now. I don’t know what to do because it’s causing a rift between us. I thought of bringing a church member to assist on that day without informing her so she wouldn’t surprise me and leave the house but I fear that if she comes, my wife might not join her in the kitchen and the woman will begin to feel a certain way (thinking of how ungrateful we are). Then again, who will purchase the food items? I’ve just been confused. I really need insights.

Note: I said I'll help her make the swallow, she just needs to make the soup.

All these kind of Marriages, i don't understand.

Op, I would advise you don't force her to do the cooking rather look for a way to get it done. I remember those my mom did this cooking stuff for my dad, his wasnt a religious thing though but it was a union, what they did then was just rotational, once you host, you make any type of food they want, it was so interesting that even we the children help with the cooking.

Op, just leave your wife and if you can do the cooking, just do it and lock up. cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by lexy2014: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:

It's okay please. I'm not here to cause a fight. I just need advice.

U expect a population of mostly unmarried people to advise u or u just made up ur story?
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by shollymata(m): 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
You are missing the point. Your wife does not approve of this friendship...simple. That or she hates the guts of one of your friends. No other explanation is tenable.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by TimeTraveler369: 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1

Must you cook? Buy them soft drinks and cookies.

It is not compulsory to eat soup my man. Your wife is not afraid of you, and shouldnt be. That is why is she is confident to refuse your request.

So, be sincere with your guests, buy them softs and some malts and cookies and inform them that your wife is not able to cook this time.

May be if she does not cook for them many times, they will know you dont welcome the idea of hosting them.

These Christian churches are now organizing events in order to eat free food.

Jesus must hear this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Collins4u1(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lol.
If you had learned how to cook,
nobody, I repeat Nobody would subject you to this kind of stress!
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Ygrette(f): 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
royalfly:

I feel like insulting you but no need. When u marry do your own like that.

Omg..are you for real? Too funny..too savage... hahahaha. The satisfaction it gives me to know there are still good and real men out there.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by royalfly(m): 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
This matter pain me sha, especially with the commentators.. well make I Dey go.. even the reasonable men these days doubt themselves because the evil ways are now the popular opinion. I see now that mankind has really lost it. As Christians, when they celebrate Christmas. How much food do they cook? Oh because it’s about hosting the church committee, there is an issue. When you are self centered and not accommodating this is what happens. A woman should always be happy to accommodate and ensure everyone is happy at home. For all u who thinks that by your wife cooking for an occasion at home is stressful, make una continue. My brother all I can do now is pray that God blesses you financially so that you would be able to run this home peacefully because this woman get issues o

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by logon599: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
SmileDance:
I will give an advise when you answer my questions
1. Who will serve the 18-25 men after she cooks for them?
2. Who will pack the plates after the 18-23 men have finished eating?
3. Who will wash the dishes and clean the house after the 18-25 men have left?
Are you sure some of the 18-25 men will not eventually feel entitled to having your wife cook for them later on?
4. Are you sure you are not bringing see finish into your house laidis

If na me them wan force make she cook laidis if the men no chop rat poison na small e go remain. I'm just saying my own

Jesus
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by ogbevireo(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
The first mistake is from your group in church.
You guys should formulate a roster a head of time. This will help the potential hosts to have ample time for preparation.

The second mistake (I am inferring this from your wife's reaction), is that you, especially, and the men most probably didn't show any appreciation after the hosting/feasting (you probably behaved like most people do after eating - that is, act like making sure food is on the table is a right).

SirMichael1:
Hello Good afternoon Familanders. This is very long, so please bear with me.

I’ll start from the root. Well, in my church, there’s usually a committee for the married men where most times we can proffer solution to the issues or need of the church members and other times organize get together monthly within us (married men) just to foster unity. Since we're like 20, different men host the get together. Therefore, it's spaced out for 1year and 8months.

It all began last Sunday when I was chosen to oversee the next get together which comes up this Sunday after church. When we (my wife and I) got home after church, I told her about it and she immediately asked, “who would do the cooking”? I was taken aback as the question sounded strange. I replied her saying, since she did the cooking the last time, I figured she’d do it this time.

She got angry and said there’s no way she’ll be going through the stress of cooking for 18 to 25 men and that I better know what to do concerning who’s going to handle the cooking. I tried to calm her down and reminded her of how I assisted her in the kitchen by pounding the yams while she made the soup -two soups actually and that I was going to help her this time. Yam is quite expensive so we’re not pounding this time, just Semo.

She remained adamant and said there was no way she would do anything, that the work stressed her so much and she won’t partake in any cooking and that I better go find anyone to do the cooking. Thing is, I understood the fact that the work was stressful for her because she was 5 months pregnant then and it was her first time.

Yesterday at work, I kept pondering about a solution and a thought struck me. I called her from work and asked her, "how about I get one of the women at church to offer you support?". She blatantly refused and still held on to her words.

My mind hasn’t been settled since morning because I got hold of a caterer and she told me that she’ll charge a thousand naira per head, that is approximately 20k. Truth is, the get together came at a wrong time and considering the prices of drinks, the cost of the food stuff, meat, ingredients, etc. I really can’t afford a caterer right now.

I’m at a cross road now. I don’t know what to do because it’s causing a rift between us. I thought of bringing a church member to assist on that day without informing her so she wouldn’t surprise me and leave the house but I fear that if she comes, my wife might not join her in the kitchen and the woman will begin to feel a certain way (thinking of how ungrateful we are). Then again, who will purchase the food items? I’ve just been confused. I really need insights.

Note: I said I'll help her make the swallow, she just needs to make the soup.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by oribi(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
so grateful I can cook, if op can this won't borther him one bit... I wish you the best Op
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Teddyaiyez(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
Them no feat take soft drinks and snacks wakanda hungry ppl r dey sef..... cooking for the family is understandable not for 25 grown ass men

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.