Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me - Family (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me (55181 Views)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ah, is this how you talk to your wife? Is that why she did not want to suffer for no gain?

SirMichael1:
Type in accordance with the outputing rate of your brain. Not slower, not faster, just the equal rate.

You don't know jack shiit about my family. Sit with that and get yourself another thread.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
There might be more to the story.

She has done it before, while 5 months pregnant see, and he only made the pounded yam. Did she do everything else alone?

Are they in conflict over something else?
bukatyne:
A wife has to be 'begged' to host 20 men in the church once in two years? Is it 'slavery' for a wife to host her husband's guests?

A husband willing to make the swallow and get someone to help?

The husband who knows the way the rotation works should tell his men group to shift it (because his wife would not cook)?

People are throwing protection and love around; what about love, submission, nurturing!?

If clearing the sink is the problem, she cannot cook, serve and tell husbandman he will clear the sink himself since they are his people in jest?

Hmmmmmm!

@OP:

Nice tradition your church has got.

Trolling or not, the comments are appalling.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:
Ah, is this how you talk to your wife? Is that why she did not want to suffer for no gain?

Lol. Get yourself out of my thread with your frivolous assumptions. You lot have been constituting nuisance here since this thread made FP. Know when to die a matter. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
These get togethers are good. The expense on food is probably a silent competition amongst themselves.

frozen70:

It's quite stressful cooking especially for crowd

Shopping for the food items is a bigger stress

Beg her to pick someone to shop with her and do the cooking

But my question is,why the cooking, is the economy friendly with you guys in this hard times

You guys should start providing the food by paying a caterer to do the cooking and supply to the house who is hosting the meeting

By the time you guys can't afford it again, the cooking will come to an end

Is it even necessary, or you guys just like partying under the canopy of church ?
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by frozen70(f): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:
These get togethers are good. The expense on food is probably a silent competition amongst themselves.

That's funny, under this harsh economy

Ok I will know how long they will continue
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
Stop replying.

Post an update!

Have a lovely marriage of mutual respect. cool

SirMichael1:

Lol. Get yourself out of my thread with your frivolous assumptions. You lot have been constituting nuisance here since this thread made FP. Know when to die a matter. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Yo Frozen70, come & see the competition I was talking about.

rawfact:

I was about saying the same to the "Mr Canadian" grin

Some people will manage to go overseas for higher education or work, maybe courtesy of their family's contribution in Africa; and the moment they spend few months/years over there, they start doing "waka" over the good norms and practices in Africa, claiming better exposure.

While I agree that Oyinbos beat Africans in the area of science and technology, I would always maintain my stand that Africans beat Oyinbos hands down, in the area of family structure and organization, so I agree with you that Ogbeni CanadianNaija needs to shut up keep quiet on this.

Back to the topic, everything about Food Department at home starts and ends with the wife. All that is required by the husband is to simply provide the money, irrespective of the number of people to be served. Any African Lady that is not comfortable with that structure should await the Oyinbo man that would ask for her hand in marriage or google up the likes of CanadianNaija through dating sites.

Something that should excite OP's wife, so much she would call up her friends to come assist her display her cooking skills in such a way that would make her husband stand out (proud) among his friends; turned into a contentious matter. Shakes head. I guess the woman belongs to the clique of feminists who are not excited about kitchen matters because they set out to go compete with gullible men that married them in the first place. undecided
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hathor5:
I love this thread. It shows how much unpaid work wives perform that their husbands could not afford if they were to be charged. cheesy
But some of them will still have the audacity to threaten their wives to send them out of his house.

Well said. The woman cooked the damn meal in the past with pregnancy. Cooks the food he eats everyday, but because she refused to cook this particular one- some goody-two-shoes have refused to see this is beyond cooking.

That is exactly how side-chicks behave. Complain about your wife and they'll act like they are way better than her. Till you marry them of course. Cooking starts from the brain and this woman’s brain is obviously not at peace with something that happened in the last meeting.

OP should fix that. That is what I would do if he decides not to do something he has been doing with good mind before. The thread is an imaginative one, but lessons to be learned.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
Type in accordance with the outputing rate of your brain. Not slower, not faster, just the equal rate.

You don't know jack shiit about my family. Sit with that and get yourself another thread.
I'm not the one reporting my husband on a public forum, am I?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:
Yo Frozen70, come & see the competition I was talking about.

grin grin
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Hathor5(f): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:
Nice.

Men should be more independent. Learn how to cook guys, let somebody's daughter not use cooking to control you. grin

I thought you people choose not to eat to control your wives. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Hathor5(f): 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Well said. The woman cooked the damn meal in the past with pregnancy. Cooks the food he eats everyday, but because she refused to cook this particular one- some goody-two-shoes have refused to see this is beyond cooking.

That is exactly how side-chicks behave. Complain about your wife and they'll act like they are way better than her. Till you marry them of course. Cooking starts from the brain and this woman’s brain is obviously not at peace with something that happened in the last meeting.

OP should fix that. That is what I would do if he decides not to do something he has been doing with good mind before. The thread is an imaginative one, but lessons to be learned.

I think so too.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
Chii59:
I'm not the one reporting my husband on a public forum, am I?
That's because you don't have a husband to report.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:

Obviously it is clear he's the one with the problem, a typical Mr know-it-all.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
No be me and anybody o biko.

How will I punish myself to make my woman mad??

Hathor5:

I thought you people choose not to eat to control your wives. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Hathor5(f): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:
No be me and anybody o biko.

How will I punish myself to make my woman mad??

Ask your brothers. I don't get it either.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Assuptions will get you no where. I cook basic meals, not limited only to white rice and stew, yam, beans, anything porridge, make pounded yam, eba and semo. I only don't meddle with cooking of the soups with her 'cause i'll have to admit, she's the best i've seen.

Now to your assumptive statement, my wife and i have a mutual understanding concerning whatever goes on in the kitchen. She cooks the morning dish and i the evening. I usually pick my daughter off from school, then call my wife if she's closed from work, if she is, then i go pick her too.

I've made it a personal ritual to always cook the evening meals to relief my dear wife of her stress, so as to assist the baby in showering and those kindergarteen homeworks. It has always worked fine with us so i don't understand why you'll make assumptions to just strengthen your non-existantial point(s). Try to be unbias in your comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Naso. I am sure you also go to the market, seeep the house and wash all clothes too.

The Good NIGERIAN Husband (Season 1)

SirMichael1:

Assuptions will get you no where. I cook basic meals, not limited only to white rice and stew, yam, beans, anything porridge, make pounded yam, eba and semo. I only don't meddle with cooking of the soups with her 'cause i'll have to admit, she's the best i've seen.

Now to your assumptive statement, my wife and i have a mutual understanding concerning whatever goes on in the kitchen. She cooks the morning dish and i the evening. I usually pick my daughter off from school, then call my wife if she's closed from work, if she is, then i go pick her too.

I've made it a personal ritual to always cook the evening meals to relief my dear wife of her stress, so as to assist the baby in showering and those kindergarteen homeworks. It has always worked fine with us so i don't understand why you'll make assumptions to just strengthen your non-existantial point(s). Try to be unbias in your comment.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
Don't look at it as you doing "her duty", that could breed resentment.

SirMichael1:

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by jornwhite: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:

I can see you've met her, she assumes and change the narratives if she must comment grin
if your wife refuses to cook for guest, there must av been a reason, with ur church mind weigh it & scrutinize her excuse if its reasonable pardon her @least till nex time buh if its a filmsy one bro punish her. deny her sumtin you know she want d most and make her realize you won't tolerate whateva might embrass you in front of your friends.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:
Naso. I am sure you also go to the market, seeep the house and wash all clothes too.

The Good NIGERIAN Husband (Season 1)

Now to go make amends of your frivolous assumptions.

You do not have anything else to contribute/assume, hence you resort in bringing house chores to hedge your non-existential points. Go and learn.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:

That's because you don't have a husband to report.
You don't seem like much of a husband either grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
Now to go make amends of your frivolous assumptions.

You do not have anything else to contribute/assume, hence you resort in bringing house chores to hedge your non-existential points. Go and learn.

Oga, go ask your imaginary wife why she decided not to do something she has been doing for years. Something she did with a 5mths pregnancy, something she definitely does more times than you (I await you to also claim to do 80% of the cooking at this point). If your imaginary home is as PERFECT as you paint it, your first point of call wouldn’t be Nairaland.

You go pick her and the child indeed. Yet you no get 20k to pay caterer. Now wey fuel done cost, be like na legedesbenz you go use dey pick them. World Best Horseband. grin grin

jornwhite:

I can see you've met her, she assumes and change the narratives if she must comment grin
if your wife refuses to cook for guest, there must av been a reason, with ur church mind weigh it & scrutinize her excuse if its reasonable pardon her @least till nex time buh if its a filmsy one bro punish her. deny her sumtin you know she want d most and make her realize you won't tolerate whateva might embrass you in front of your friends.

Of course there must be a reason. We all know that if this was the reverse, you in particular would have asked WHY. Same way you asked when a lady complained of her nagging bf. You asked why he suddenly gave her money for cooking, despite her complains of not giving her since. You assumed there was more to it that she wasn’t telling. You quoted the poster with most assumptions and crowned him the most sensible and unbiased poster.

You even said if she calms down, she will enjoy her bf. Give same advice to our resident married man. Yes, there is a reason a woman who did something with 5mths pregnancy, would suddenly decide not to do it.

OP should also calm down and he will enjoy his imaginary wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Oga, go ask your imaginary wife why she decided not to do something she has been doing for years. Something she did with a 5mths pregnancy, something she definitely does more times than you (I await you to also claim to do 80% of the cooking at this point). If your imaginary home is as PERFECT as you paint it, your first point of call wouldn’t be Nairaland.

You go pick her and the child indeed. Yet you no get 20k to pay caterer. Now wey fuel done cost, be like na legedesbenz you go use dey pick them. World Best Horseband. grin grin

Of course there must be a reason. We all know that if this was the reverse, you in particular would have asked WHY. Same way you asked when a lady complained of her nagging bf. You asked why he suddenly gave her money for cooking, despite her complains of not giving her since. You assumed there was more to it that she wasn’t telling. You quoted the poster with most assumptions and crowned him the most sensible and unbiased poster.

You even said if she calms down, she will enjoy her bf. Give same advice to our resident married man. Yes, there is a reason a woman who did something with 5mths pregnancy, would suddenly decide not to do it.

Whatever girl. Just go get a diildo or something.

Don't allow that Uyai girl trick you. I'm very married with a beautiful daughter.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
Whatever girl. Just go get a Love Machine or something.

Don't allow that uyai girl trick you. I'm very married with a beautiful daughter.

Very married indeed. Na today I know your moniker? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Very married indeed. Na today I know your moniker? grin grin

Okay girl. I'll mention you like I use to when I need those natgeo wild stories. On the meantime, I got an ostrich's egg and placed it beside the eggs of my turkey. I'm hopeful that when it hatches, I'll make a pet out of it for my daughter. Thoughts?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
Okay girl. I'll mention you like I use to when I need those natgeo wild stories. On the meantime, I got an ostrich's egg and placed it beside the eggs of my turkey. I'm hopeful that when it hatches, I'll make a pet out of it for my daughter. Thoughts?

I no understand, you wan give your daughter tolotolo as pet? Take your drugs o, your imaginations no be here again.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

I no understand, you wan give your daughter tolotolo as pet? Take your drugs o, your imaginations no be here again.
okay. I can't get a day's old turkey, so i got the egg. I placed the egg with the eggs of a turkey, she just began incubation. When my ostrich hatches, i want to give it to my daughter as a pet. Thoughts?

Choose your next words wisely as no one has the monopoly of snide remarks. It could swing both ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by jornwhite: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

If your confrontation with OP is anything to go by, then you must be living with them. boya ko move out.
i am yet to figure out why you think OP is not calm in all of these, is their sumtin you know we don't, authority demands action while submission requires calmness. just know ur lane wink
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
okay. I can't get a day's old turkey, so i got the egg. I placed the egg with the eggs of a turkey, she just began incubation. When my ostrich hatches, i want to give it to my daughter as a pet. Thoughts?

Choose your next words wisely as no one has the monopoly of snide remarks. It could swing both ways.

Lol. You can’t recognize a tease, World Best Husband. I have no interest in birds. You can read up on it and know if it is safe to give your imaginary daughter one. You can even create a thread to show us the journey, I am interested in seeing how that goes.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
MariahAngel, you he or she?
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by mariahAngel(f): 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
MariahAngel, you he or she?

Why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

I Dislike My Small Stature / He Satisfies Me More Than My Husband / Man Reunites With Ex-Girlfriend 2 Years After Forgetting He Impregnated Her. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.