Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me - Family (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me (55208 Views)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
mariahAngel:

Why? undecided
Kinda like you've been drawing my attention. You got my attention, now what?
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by mariahAngel(f): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
Kinda like you've been drawing my attention. You got my attention, now what?

Excuse you??
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
mariahAngel:

Excuse you??
Why're you going on a rampage sharing my posts? Know what, don't bother.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by mariahAngel(f): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
SirMichael1:
Why're you going on a rampage sharing my posts? Know what, don't bother.

If I may ask, what does sharing of posts mean to you? Take your time to answer sensibly
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by jornwhite: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. You can’t recognize a tease World Best Husband. I have no interest in birds. You can read up on it and know if it is safe to give your imaginary daughter one. You can even create a thread to show us the journey, I am interested in seeing how that goes.

aunty chickened out grin grin

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
jornwhite:

aunty chickened out grin grin

That was a good attempt trying to jam our heads. It is not every moniker you see me go against that will do enemy of your enemy is your friend with you.

Pele my dear. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Ishilove: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Well said. The woman cooked the damn meal in the past with pregnancy. Cooks the food he eats everyday, but because she refused to cook this particular one- some goody-two-shoes have refused to see this is beyond cooking.

That is exactly how side-chicks behave. Complain about your wife and they'll act like they are way better than her. Till you marry them of course. Cooking starts from the brain and this woman’s brain is obviously not at peace with something that happened in the last meeting.

OP should fix that. That is what I would do if he decides not to do something he has been doing with good mind before. The thread is an imaginative one, but lessons to be learned.
If you believe the Op's tall tales then you'll believe Buhari is the one ruling this country. This story is as fake as Nicki Minaj's oversized buttocks.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ishilove:

If you believe the Op's tall tales then you'll believe Buhari is the one ruling this country. This story is as fake as Nicki Minaj's oversized buttocks.

Don’t mind SirMichael. I know him and I know it is fabu. I just addressed what I felt didn’t add up.

As for Nicki’s ass, it is the new cool. The number of doctored nyashes I see in Lekki now ehn. It would soon be a normal thing like getting nails done.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by jornwhite: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

That was a good attempt trying to jam our heads. It is not every moniker you see me go against that will do enemy of your enemy is your friend with you.

Pele my dear. grin grin grin

yiimu !! i wonder wats left of the feathers in ur turgid yansh, its bin breeezy lately grin grin or maybe because today is sunday ... aunty just stand down

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Ishilove: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Don’t mind SirMichael. I know him and I know it is fabu. I just addressed what I felt didn’t add up.

As for Nicki’s ass, it is the new cool. The number of doctored nyashes I see in Lekki now ehn. It would soon be a normal thing like getting nails done.
Those nyashes be looking like those ants in 'A Bug's Life'

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by pocohantas(f): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ishilove:

Those nyashes be looking like those ants in 'A Bug's Life'

grin grin You must have been seeing them. Nice nyashes though. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin You must have been seeing them. Nice nyashes though. grin grin
I see them o. Very abnormal looking. How can someone's nyash be slim and pointed in the middle? 80% of those asses are botched, they just don't want to admit it.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Favourchi123:
Oga talk truth she ask you for something you no wan give her, all else wetin be 25 people wey she no fit cook 4. oga abeg settle her
Settle her like how? All these Igbo women who can't think and act like commodities.. No wonder your mem don't value you. Tueh
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by ImaIma1(f): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
Chii59:

Don't bother yourself. Op is a stubborn man, and his wife is equally stubborn.
If your woman served them the first time and now says no, and you don't have her mumu button to get her to agree, then their problems goes beyond just cooking.

Exactly what I have been trying to say. There are probably some underlying issues.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by ImaIma1(f): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Chii59:

Honestly. The wife tried. A pregnant woman cooking for so many people.
And now if she says no, he ought to understand. I remember him replying someone's comment that he can't have a wife and go and employ a caterer whilst his wife is there.
What arrogance!
Seems he prides his reputation above the cordial relationship between him and his wife.
And the wife being unwilling, if all he says is true, of having begged her and stuff points to more nagging issues in their marriage.

Meanwhile in another response, he said his heart beats only for his daughter. Who knows the state of the relationship with his wife.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Exactly what I have been trying to say. There are probably some underlying issues.
Honestly.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by jornwhite: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
Chii59:

Honestly. The wife tried. A pregnant woman cooking for so many people.
And now if she says no, he ought to understand. I remember him replying someone's comment that he can't have a wife and go and employ a caterer whilst his wife is there.
What arrogance!
Seems he prides his reputation above the cordial relationship between him and his wife.
And the wife being unwilling, if all he says is true, of having begged her and stuff points to more nagging issues in their marriage.

i sincerely hope you are not a woman, cos if you are you got zero shame, so you will sit in the house yle a caterer cums cooking for your husband guest, its a dinner not party,
so on the dinning table, how will you feel when the guest start complimenting the meal thinking its yur dish.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
jornwhite:

i sincerely hope you are not a woman, cos if you are you got zero shame, so you will sit in the house yle a caterer cums cooking for your husband guest, its a dinner not party,
so on the dinning table, how will you feel when the guest start complimenting the meal thinking its yur dish.
Yawns...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
cooooooks:
Don't look at it as you doing "her duty", that could breed resentment.

I think this mentality is only restricted to Nigerian women. I'm sure if that guy married a white woman, he wouldn't dare to ask her cook for whoever for any reason.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by SirMichael1: 2:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
Chii59:

I think this mentality is only restricted to Nigerian women. I'm sure if that guy married a white woman, he wouldn't dare to ask her cook for whoever for any reason.
Hocus pocus. Yet another bogus statement and yet again, more falacies.

Due to your infinitesimal value on the myopic reasoning scale, you have failed to realize -maybe owned to the fact of your shallow reasoning, that white families host guests from time to time with mostly their husbands doing the grillings, while the wives man the kitchen. The guest of the husband is also the wife's and vice versa.

If you'll bring references, make sure to verify them before airing them. The world is constantly rotating, therefore, stop circulating ignorance with it. Be wise.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by GoodFaith: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
cooooooks:
I will fight with my wife see if she wants to break firewood at 7 months pregnant.

God forbid.

I didn't say it is right
Yes lot of hard working women has done lot of
very hard work for the family
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by GoodFaith: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
joyandfaith:

see judge. are living with them?
pregnant women and mothers should be breaking firewood. you are still in stone age. walahi!!!!! in fact you should be an hunter and peasant farmer.

Lot of mothers have done it
I am just telling you what lot of Nigeria old generation have done
for their family
We here talking ABOUT COOKING
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by GoodFaith: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:
I must say i'm disappointed with a lot of comments I read here.

1. The gathering is one of gentlemen who are members of an organization and who hold a monthly meeting to discuss issues of common interests. That's networking and social bonding.

2. The meetings are held in members' residences, being rotated amongst them. By implication, each member gets to host an average of once in two years. This is a very suitable idea for a homely interface which reinforces the fact in them that they are responsibly married men.

3. I'm sure the husband for the past 1year and 8months has visited the house of others and eaten there with the rest of the members. The wives of the host at such meeting must have also played the same role he is asking of his wife. If contrary were to be the case, i'm sure he won't be so insistent on it.

With the above three, it will be obvious to anyone with a modicum of sense of responsibility and reciprocity that changing the trend when it gets to his turn will raise eyebrows among the members and he'll end up looking like a sort of killjoy among his peers.
It's a sacrifice albeit one that the wife who is the hostess should embrace in this case. Or which would she prefer? That her husband spends sunday evening smoking weed and drinking at a joint or discussing life's issues with fellow responsibly married men?
I really fear for the women we have nowadays. I do. If you are irritated by the thought of a communal gathering in your house by responsible people, then I beg to ask what sort of gathering you will prefer in your house.
If the wife feels the task is too heavy, she should be the one to suggest catering services to the husband. Or better still get some friends to help. I have attended birthdays of kids from families who can't afford caterers and the wives are the ones who take up the entertainment in such cases.
But to read the kind of insults some people who I suspect are women throw at the gentleman for asking his wife to help him entertain his guests in his house, I suspect we may be steadily building a generation of Jezebels and not Sarahs. Even a certain Sarah20A is in on the nonsense. How discomforting.
As for me, it's obvious that from the ladies of these days, family and communal values are presently being eroded and they are beginning to see themselves as "alpha females" which in all honesty is a cause for concern for our children.

Thank you.
Your key words "It's a sacrifice albeit one that the wife who is the hostess should embrace in this case."
Your above comment said it all
Nigeria is finish
I am very sad to read all the comment
I guess there are lot of kids here with no life experiences

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Mikey01: 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
LadySarah:
She said she can't. Leave her nw. Because she did the first one you now readily accepted the second again.That'swhy they say don't start what you can't finish. Nigerian wives really suffer oo.

But must you cook in this economy wey keep face lyk this?
You can buy drinks with meat pie
or
pepper soup and order for agidi(Eko) that's less stressful
or
use the caterer
or
even cook it yourselves to foster the unity more.

My sister, oil dey your head abeg...
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by GoodFaith: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
Chii59:

My Sister white and black women cook for their husband friends
In US and Canada some people entertain over 30 people every summer
So please don't say what you don't know or have life experiences about
I hope you are young
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by eyinjuege: 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
GoodFaith:

My Sister white and black women cook for their husband friends
In US and Canada some people entertain over 30 people every summer
So please don't say what you don't know or have life experiences about
I hope you are young

People/Guests bring meals during cookouts in summer. Some may bring salads, cakes, small chops, rice, wine and all kinds drinks etc when coming. You will have a large spread of home made meals brought in by different families.
Barbecues are also done by the men including the host and his guests.
Don't get it twisted.
People in the West aren't as entitled as many of us in Nigeria and would hardly expect the wife to cook for them all. They have the sense to also bring food when coming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by andycoal40(m): 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2020
Samadict:
We all have areas of strengths and weaknesses. Your wife might not be the kitchen type. As odd as it might sound, some women dread cooking while some enjoy it. If she insists, get someone you can tip for the job (not necessarily a professional caterer). Abi make I come cook am ni? grin
She'll come around

pls how did u do WES evaluation for AAUA?.. Did u get the whole 4yrs transcript or just the final year?
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Samadict(f): 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2020
andycoal40:

pls how did u do WES evaluation for AAUA?.. Did u get the whole 4yrs transcript or just the final year?
I paid for it to be sent and they did from school. The whole 4years I think
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by andycoal40(m): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2020
Samadict:

I paid for it to be sent and they did from school. The whole 4years I think

Thank u sis

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by lahizak: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Me wey dey very petty. To cook once in 2 years for 20men you blatantly refuse without any valid reason even after I offer to help. When the day come, I go jejely enter d kitchen, and do d cooking. Will see if u will keep watching tv while I do all d work or not. Just know from that day on d only money u getting from me is for food and d children. Anytin u wan buy for urself, go work

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by johhbekeboh09: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Lol. Ode.
grin
UyaiIncomparabl:
Lol. Ode.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by ZhiosonWind: 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
frozen70:

That's funny, under this harsh economy

Ok I will know how long they will continue
Heelo how you doing and how was the wedding

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! / Kids Applied 'Brain' To Retrieve Their Ball From A Pit / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.