Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! (29637 Views)

Moment Lady Calls Her Dad Before Accepting Her Fiance’s Marriage Proposal (vid) / Woman Took Her Drunk Husband To A Mortuary To Teach Him A Lesson / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by WeRblessed(f): 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
I'm just scared of losing him because, he has a lot of responsibilities unattended to. and again, he's my only father

Inform one doctor to carry a fake blood test on him. Let the doctor tell him that he has couple of months to live, if he ever tries another bottle he will die. When the doctor tells him he has kidney disease or liver damage, you will see him stand up and seek for ways to get his life straight. He is not afraid of getting drunk and remain useless all the days of his life, but trust me he's certainly is afraid to die. i can tell you how many drunkards this has helped.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by earnit3: 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
really
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by chiedonedoor(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Honestly he need Christ, man naturally is empty, is only Christ Jesus that can save him.He need repentance,
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Revolva(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Na dis kind drunkness kill one of my neighbors

This man na drunkard oooo
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Basiljoe: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
He needs rehabilitation. There's a programme for people like this at Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital Yaba. Do your consultations, try explaining to him if need be.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by lilbarracuda(m): 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
Tell him you will want to be like him, go out with him whenever he's going out drink, sit down and be watching him.

let's see what happens
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by KingsFX(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Just keep praying for him and don't stop praying. Let your prayers be out of love for him. Make sure that your live extends to the way you see him and talk to him. Stop scolding him for now and treat him with live and affection. Make the house a warm place for him. You and your mum are scaring him from home with your constant nagging, that's why he is finding the bar as a home. He feels very unwanted at home at the moment and at the same time he finds his drinking friends to be warm, friendly and accommodating.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
MrOjay1:
This is sad.
I suggest you begin to flog your father with cane since he's stubborn.

Cane is the only language a drunkard understands.
It's no use advising him against it because he will surely do otherwise.

If you can't cane him,you can trail him to the bar where he drinks and embarass him and his friends.
Don't ever flog your Father, you will bring curse to yourself
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by chrizzyace: 12:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Prayer answereth all things for sure, but while you’re praying do some things on your part to keep things balanced. I will suggest you first cut him off those set of friends that he always enjoy being around , that makes him want to drink all the time. It’s not going to be easy but don’t give up. Keep doing your best and continue to show him love. In due time all will go back to normal.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by GodisFirst: 3:15am On Sep 04, 2020
For over 20 years, my dad has being a chronic drunkard. drinking alcohol despite all my mom's effort to try and stop him. 2 years ago, he stopped drinking and he was beginning to look better, speak more coherently and not socially awkward, but now, he has gone back to his past behavior just earlier this year when he started making friends with another guy who drinks alcohol.

All these behavior leads to him not able to work and a lot of behaviors he exhibits that is totally nasty, behaving like a kid.

My mom and I have called him and talked to him on several occasions about it but he still always goes back to drink after he leaves home.

I'm totally fed up, even my mum is very sad about the situation.

How can I deal with this situation..

He is your dad and the excessive drinking of alcohol has affected his life adversely. You can help him by showing him some unmerited love. Ensure he eats well so that his body can withstand the alcohol to save his health. Always buy Bitter kola for him and ensure he eats it, Bitter Kola neutralizes alcohol.
As you relate with him, gradually talk him out of this life style. Avoiding him makes life worse for him and your family.
Don't worry about you becoming a drunkard, it is not hereditary. You can't get intoxicated by alcohol if you don't drink.
May God help you.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by olivegirl(f): 7:03am On Sep 04, 2020
Get a bottle of vodka white one, put water on it and be drinking, tell him it runs in the family. He will reset
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by LawFight(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2020
Hmmm.

First show him forgive him and show him love. Always make sure you get him busy or probably take him out of the environment entirely to a new place .
Then he needs prayers .I know the hand of God can touch and he will be make whole in Jesus name.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by DabFrankNG: 9:34am On Sep 04, 2020
daddytime:

However, my earnest prayer for you is that whatever it is, even if it's a generational curse, the chains, and the cycle shall be halted and broken.

Spot on! It's a generational curse. What triggers it into manifestation is always a misfortune which makes someone to start taking solace in a bottle.

Fast and pray seriously so that it doesn't manifest in your life too.
Try to ask your mum what triggered it for him and try to counsel him.

He needs every help he can get.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Emmalexmng: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
The best solution is to drag him to a Bible believing church and make him constant there.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by damoobaba: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
he's the eldest of all his siblings and yet, the same alcohol trend run In the family. all his male siblings are chronic drunkards.

I'm his eldest son and I'm totally confused on what to do. right now, we're not on talking terms because his presence alone annoys me. I don't know what to do to make him just focus on his life and get on with his family. take care of himself. and stop being a nuisance to everyone.

If the same thing runs in his family, that means you'll also drink as d eldest son except you give your life to Christ. Mark my words

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With / Having A Male Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.