Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! (29648 Views)

Moment Lady Calls Her Dad Before Accepting Her Fiance’s Marriage Proposal (vid) / Woman Took Her Drunk Husband To A Mortuary To Teach Him A Lesson / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2020
Its prayers he needs. You guys especially your mum should not relent in praying for him.

Go to religion section and mention this moniker. Finallydead. He's not always on line but as soon as he sees your mention, he'll reply you.
I believe God can use him spiritually for your dad. In the mean time, be praying for him.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2020
LadySarah:
Is he the breadwinner?

Obviously, he he should be, but since he started drinking again, my mom shoulder most of the responsibilities and it might be unbearable once school resumes
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:
Its prayers he needs. You guys especially your mum should not relent in praying for him.

Go to religion section and mention this moniker. Finallydead. He's not always on line but as soon as he sees your mention, he'll reply you.
I believe God can use him spiritually for your dad. In the mean time, be praying for him.

Shalom.

thanks sir
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

thanks sir

You are welcome.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by cococandy(f): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2020
He needs professional help

1 Like

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by rentAcock(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2020
ok
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by jericco1(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Slawormir: 9:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Alcohol is good ....

The word of God warms the soul
But a good beer warms the belly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Jeeryblast1: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by amiibaby(f): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Ndo
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2020
He needs rehabilitation ASAP.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by TheChameleon: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
he's the eldest of all his siblings and yet, the same alcohol trend run In the family. all his male siblings are chronic drunkards.

I'm his eldest son and I'm totally confused on what to do. right now, we're not on talking terms because his presence alone annoys me. I don't know what to do to make him just focus on his life and get on with his family. take care of himself. and stop being a nuisance to everyone.

Try hard not to tow his path.

Alcoholism has been said to be genetic in some cases.. though I don't believe it personally.

Your dad has to take a personal decision to prolong his own life, you guys have to just support, but the ball is in his own court. Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by frozen70(f): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
For over 20 years, my dad has being a chronic drunkard. drinking alcohol despite all my mom's effort to try and stop him. 2 years ago, he stopped drinking and he was beginning to look better, speak more coherently and not socially awkward, but now, he has gone back to his past behavior just earlier this year when he started making friends with another guy who drinks alcohol.

All these behavior leads to him not able to work and a lot of behaviors he exhibits that is totally nasty, behaving like a kid.

My mom and I have called him and talked to him on several occasions about it but he still always goes back to drink after he leaves home.

I'm totally fed up, even my mum is very sad about the situation.

How can I deal with this situation..

My concern is the effect of alcohol to the liver in his body

Is your dad still working to earn a living or his friends gives him free drink
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by milanseedorf(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2020
How does he get money to buy the drinks he consumes? Does he work, hey does he have all the time to drink, who takes care of the bills at home. I think starving him of basic amenities at home might make him rethink
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Godi25(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2020
He needs ur care and prayers but u should try and cut or put an end to his relationship with that his alcoholic friend, then try and get an elder in the family to talk to him ( an elder or brother he respects n fear).
If u can get a psychologist for him, it might help.
But all in all... On ur knees in prayer, report him to God
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2020
frozen70:

My concern is the effect of alcohol to the liver in his body

Is your dad still working to earn a living or his friends gives him free drink
His liver is already gone. The best thing they can do is to advise him to go to rehab, if he doesn't want then I advise the op to start hustling along with his mother, your father has a choice in life, if he wants to die an alcoholic nothing wrong, if he doesn't nothing wrong. Our lives are in our hands, choose to do with it as you please.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93516307:
ALCOHOLKILLS

indeed it does

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Juanmike(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2020
Many are dead, one thing must kill a man, your father's death won't be the last,people die everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by deltateam: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

it's not possible flogging him... but the embarrassment part.... he's not embarrassed at all. My mom has done that many times and still didn't yield anything.

Place him under house arrest for 2 weeks. Send Christian friends to visit him.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2020
For a man at his age and with children as old as you are......

OP this is more of diabolic manipulation, a young guy van drink to stupor because he may feel he has no much responsibility.....

But for a man who has a son like you ......you guys should pray the right prayers or take him to the right place for that curse to leave his life....

I pray you find a helper before his liver and kidney packs up....

Stop avoiding him now he needs you guys around, he doesn't know what he is doing....
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93516307:
ALCOHOL KILLS
...too much of it.

First is to help him cut down his budget on drinking by telling your mum to seize every money she sees on him and second is to stop praying and start taking action about it.

Target him on the day he chooses not be drunk and get drunk yourself. Force yourself to get drunk just for that day and puke around the house.
Do this and thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2020
SegFault:
He needs rehabilitation ASAP.

I Also wanted to suggest a rehab but then I considered the ops location if there are any rehab centers around where he stays; that would be helpful too.

Op, if there are any rehab centers around you, try take him there.

God will help him.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Authoreety: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2020
If you can't stop him, join him....

Bring out a week or month to join him in his drinking spree if you have the chance.... Drink with him first two days, after the second day
If he buys, let him buy for you and then pour both of them away....

Continue until you see changes...

1 Like

ArcSEMPECJ:
For a man at his age and with children as old as you are......

OP this is more of diabolic manipulation, a young guy van drink to stupor because he may feel he has no much responsibility.....

But for a man who has a son like you ......you guys should pray the right prayers or take him to the right place for that curse to leave his life....

I pray you find a helper before his liver and kidney packs up....

Stop avoiding him now he needs you guys around, he doesn't know what he is doing....
He knows what he is doing. He has a choice but chooses to be an alcoholic.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by javaguru: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
I'm just scared of losing him because, he has a lot of responsibilities unattended to. and again, he's my only father
how many father were u expected to have

4 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by InvisibleWriter: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
he's the eldest of all his siblings and yet, the same alcohol trend run In the family. all his male siblings are chronic drunkards.

I'm his eldest son and I'm totally confused on what to do. right now, we're not on talking terms because his presence alone annoys me. I don't know what to do to make him just focus on his life and get on with his family. take care of himself. and stop being a nuisance to everyone.

Now you have to fear for your own future too. This is beginning to look like genetic tendencies. Tell us more, did your grandfather drink buruku and pammy too?
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:

I Also wanted to suggest a rehab but then I considered the ops location if there are any rehab centers around where he stays; that would be helpful too.

Op, if there are any rehab centers around you, try take him there.

God will help him.
He should find one but he shouldn't force him, the man is not under 18 he has a choice.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by money121(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

sadly, about 3 of his "friends" are already dead since he stopped about 3 years ago before he resumed again this year. I reminded him of all these, he just has stopped taking everything "right" thing as nothing serious.
Its up to him to accept he has a problem and he is being selfish. He has to be in rehab centre were there are competent psychiatrists if you want him to get better.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by SavageMaster: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
For over 20 years, my dad has being a chronic drunkard. drinking alcohol despite all my mom's effort to try and stop him. 2 years ago, he stopped drinking and he was beginning to look better, speak more coherently and not socially awkward, but now, he has gone back to his past behavior just earlier this year when he started making friends with another guy who drinks alcohol.

All these behavior leads to him not able to work and a lot of behaviors he exhibits that is totally nasty, behaving like a kid.

My mom and I have called him and talked to him on several occasions about it but he still always goes back to drink after he leaves home.

I'm totally fed up, even my mum is very sad about the situation.

How can I deal with this situation..

He just needs an encounter with the saving power of Jesus Christ. That will free him from every addiction.
If you need more info, ask Righteousness89.

Some times, threats about what will happen when someone does things that will endanger his/her health don't even make the person shake.

It's only Jesus that can deliver him. Let him submit to His lordship over his life. You will begin to see instant changes in him.

I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by realstars: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2020
If He Stop, He Will Die. The Drink Has Become Part Of Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
SegFault:

He knows what he is doing. He has a choice but chooses to be an alcoholic.

No he doesn't know what he is doing, I have had a story of such and the person was taking to were the curse was broken .......

You guys should ask questions around and seek for solutions ......

I repeat,...he doesn't know what he is doing pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Having A Male Child / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? / Names You Can Never Give Your Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.