Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! (29647 Views)

Moment Lady Calls Her Dad Before Accepting Her Fiance’s Marriage Proposal (vid) / Woman Took Her Drunk Husband To A Mortuary To Teach Him A Lesson / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Freddo99(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
For over 20 years, my dad has being a chronic drunkard. drinking alcohol despite all my mom's effort to try and stop him. 2 years ago, he stopped drinking and he was beginning to look better, speak more coherently and not socially awkward, but now, he has gone back to his past behavior just earlier this year when he started making friends with another guy who drinks alcohol.

All these behavior leads to him not able to work and a lot of behaviors he exhibits that is totally nasty, behaving like a kid.

My mom and I have called him and talked to him on several occasions about it but he still always goes back to drink after he leaves home.

I'm totally fed up, even my mum is very sad about the situation.

How can I deal with this situation..
dont give up on him. Just pray and fast for him and u will be surprised. Tell him d implications of his addiction on his health.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
SegFault:

He should find one but he shouldn't force him, the man is not under 18 he has a choice.

So how would that work now?

If he needs to be bundled there, let them do na. Before things get out of hand.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ojaysam25(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
show him love...pray for him...you made mention of these being the trend in his family....then the problem is more spiritual than physical....prayer is the only key to remedy such...I hope he changes very soon
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by bluestone2015: 10:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Your mom is an angel.
I can't pray for a drunkard for more that one month.

I'll just abandon him and run away.

You have to stop being sentimental. He is your father cos he donated a sperm which is very cheap though. It's no big deal. Men are everywhere sharing same.
Don't stress yourself on his matter. It's not just worth it.

If he can't keep a job, then what is his contribution to your financial needs.

Please, put yourself together and move on. You have to try learn a skill that will pay your fees.
My cousin used to barb fellow students hair to support himself and his siblings at school.

Encourage your younger ones to do same if possible.

He has chosen his destiny. Don't let that dampen your bright future.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by kiddkash(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
For over 20 years, my dad has being a chronic drunkard. drinking alcohol despite all my mom's effort to try and stop him. 2 years ago, he stopped drinking and he was beginning to look better, speak more coherently and not socially awkward, but now, he has gone back to his past behavior just earlier this year when he started making friends with another guy who drinks alcohol.

All these behavior leads to him not able to work and a lot of behaviors he exhibits that is totally nasty, behaving like a kid.

My mom and I have called him and talked to him on several occasions about it but he still always goes back to drink after he leaves home.

find out the reason why he stopped drinking 2 years ago and remind him of that

and let him try getting himself back from that

1 Like

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by adecz: 10:03am On Sep 03, 2020
How does he finance the habit?

Alcoholism is a serious psychological
disease that affects the whole family..

He needs social, family & spiritual
counseling..
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by TheCork(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

Slap.

Slap his face (no oofense) angry
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Edna33: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2020
find a way to take him to the hospital...let the doctor knw wats on ground...let him run tests and see the level of damage he has done on his body....some of them take doctors advice seriously...especialy if his result doesnt turn out well....also change environment...to disengage him from his friends....God will help your family...he will overcome

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Toscarel: 10:05am On Sep 03, 2020
Now heres what you do, clear up a room get a padlock lure him in and lock it permanently. Make a compartment in the door and pass food and toiletries to him. Keep him for a few months and make out an hour each day to talk things with him.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ArticleBeast: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2020
Tie him up and flog the living daylight out of him. Them Osaro my nebor then do this to their papa, the man no near drink till today

1 Like

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Iykenuwa(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

my mom prayed a lot.

love. we've been doing that since, he just find solace in sitting with those drunkards and discussing about "God knows what".

he never comes home early so that we can sit together as a family and talk about the day. it's just so tiring !!!

All of you should take out three days to fast and pray for him, rebuke that spirit of drunkenness. God will deliver him

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by dking123: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

Obviously, he he should be, but since he started drinking again, my mom shoulder most of the responsibilities and it might be unbearable once school resumes
OP, let me advice you. You must be careful not to fall into the temptation of disrespecting your dad. Women can be curning and deceitful.the alcohol that your dad takes didn't stop him from training you.if your mom shoulders some responsibility heaven will not fall. If the man really needs help you may get the services of professionals.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ModestGal(f): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2020
G
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ogwuche4u(m): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2020
Chain him to His bed. Give him only water. He will forget the taste of alcohol grin

drunkdad:

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by KristaPretty(f): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2020
I am guessing he has nothing tangible doing, his
wife or children are probably footing his bills.

If it's a shop or a job that keeps him steady 247, please find a way to fix him there. After work, if you can get someone committed to pick and drop him off immediately, that would be nice - tho I do not know your financial capability.

Secondly, drunkards hate embarrassment. Tho it's not a nice scenerio but someone above suggested that which I have seen work for Papa Mmeso in my previous location. His wife would embarass him at the beer palor in front of his friends and everyone over his habit. With time he stopped because it was a shame to him.

Finally, Jibola, his mum and siblings would always flog his dad whenever he returns home drunk grin grin grin grin. He was left with two options; Drink and come home to be flogged mercilessly or leave the house permanently to enjoy your drinking journey.
Oga has no other home to go to and he stopped drinking because he was tired of being flogged seriously cheesy angry cheesy grin grin

Different methods for different people. This is my own physical experience and observation from families who battled with this. Apply all of them grin

It is well with you.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Abfinest007(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2020
it might be spiritual problem take him to the church for deliverance
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by frozen70(f): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2020
SegFault:

His liver is already gone. The best thing they can do is to advise him to go to rehab, if he doesn't want then I advise the op to start hustling along with his mother, your father has a choice in life, if he wants to die an alcoholic nothing wrong, if he doesn't nothing wrong. Our lives are in our hands, choose to do with it as you please.
Honestly
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Toscarel: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
the alcohol he takes has made to look very old.. he's always coughing now and has this nasty alcohol smell always trailing him wherever he is. to enter into the toilet immediately he's done is 100% impossible because of the strong alcohol smell

Now heres what you do, clear up a room get a padlock lure him in and lock it permanently. Make a compartment in the door and pass food and toiletries to him. Keep him for a few months and make out an hour each day to talk things with him.
His final test would be you passing in a bottle of his favorite poison, if he stays with it for two weeks with out touching it then he has been cleansed.
Be strong

No one would blame you for such actions, it's called tough love.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by ModestGal(f): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
he's the eldest of all his siblings and yet, the same alcohol trend run In the family. all his male siblings are chronic drunkards.

I'm his eldest son and I'm totally confused on what to do. right now, we're not on talking terms because his presence alone annoys me. I don't know what to do to make him just focus on his life and get on with his family. take care of himself. and stop being a nuisance to everyone.

Was he like that when your mum married him?
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by SweetCunt97(f): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:
the alcohol he takes has made to look very old.. he's always coughing now and has this nasty alcohol smell always trailing him wherever he is. to enter into the toilet immediately he's done is 100% impossible because of the strong alcohol smell
Well, abroad they'd take him to therapy, he's an addict. Then he'll attend AA meetings. Talking and talking helps no body bro.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Edna33: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
dking123:

OP, let me advice you. You must be careful not to fall into the temptation of disrespecting your dad. Women can be curning and deceitful.the alcohol that your dad takes didn't stop him from training you.if your mom shoulders some responsibility heaven will not fall. If the man really needs help you may get the services of professionals.
wow....really!
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

No he doesn't know what he is doing, I have had a story of such and the person was taking to were the curse was broken .......

You guys should ask questions around and seek for solutions ......

I repeat,...he doesn't know what he is doing pls
Brother he knows what he is doing. Simple.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Farki: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
Drinking is what some people do to escape their problems. Maybe ask if he is depressed or if there is something that has been bothering him all these years.

In the absence of such he needs serious medical intervention, he either doesn't know that he's destroying his body or doesn't care.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Ebi3(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2020
If him and all his brothers are drunkards then it might be spiritual.seek a spiritually strong clergy and break the yolk.nothing physical can change the situation.my humble advise.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:

So how would that work now?

If he needs to be bundled there, let them do na. Before things get out of hand.

It's his choice, if he doesn't want to stop then leave him. Life is too short and full of suffering to be killing yourself because of someone else.

1 Like

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2020
Ebi3:
If him and all his brothers are drunkards then it might be spiritual.seek a spiritually strong clergy and break the yolk.nothing physical can change the situation.my humble advise.
Spiritual ke? Or they just learned from their father.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Gmajor(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2020
Your father is an addict.
At this point he need more than advice.
I don't know if Nigeria has rehab facility but he really need to be checked into on.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by aspiring44: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2020
duduade:
Liver/Kidney problems approaching.

Don't worry he will soon be humbled

The OP should scare him by driving him down to luth dialysis and see the damage alcohol has done to people kidney and liver .

He will surely have a rethink of his bad social behavior.

1 Like

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by chinchonglee(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2020
drunkdad:

Haa!!! Forget it! Alcohol addiction is the most powerful addiction. Even masturbation no reach am.

At this point i can only say ur dad is finished. Pardon me sha.

My dad was a victim. Alcohol almost ruined hiim but thanks to the wealth he gathered wen he was still normal.

1 Like

Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by MosayA: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2020
It's a personal thing. He is the one who needs to make the decision to change. If he sees nothing wrong in what he's doing, forget it, you can't help him.

Just keep praying for him to see the harm he's causing himself, and God will open his eyes.

Peace to you.
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by CorleonOfSicily: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2020

How can I deal with this situation.. [/quote]

My guy look for koboko
Re: Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! by Thomthom(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2020
MrOjay1:
This is sad.
I suggest you begin to flog your father with cane since he's stubborn.

Cane is the only language a drunkard understands.
It's no use advising him against it because he will surely do otherwise.

If you can't cane him,you can trail him to the bar where he drinks and embarass he and his friends.
Bros I support this... I even told my family if they see me misbehaving, they should correct me immediately with anything that will make me leave that bad habbit before it enters my blood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Having A Male Child / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? / Names You Can Never Give Your Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.