Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? (3409 Views)

If You Have The Power To Bring A Dead Musician Back To Life, Who Will That Be? / Funny Symptoms That You Are "Due" To Go Get Yourself A Wife! / How To Bring A SHY Guy Out Of His Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by OmoUrhobo1: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2011
Most Africans especially Nigerians always have a story to tell after bringing a Wife to Western world. Their behaviour change from the same respectfull Lady that you knew in Nigeria. Some Nigerian Men who could not control their shock ended up in Jail. Some were very happy by bringing their Wives. Why would you bring your Lady to Western world and Why would you think otherwise?
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2011
subscribing
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
Omo Urhobo:

Most Africans especially Nigerians always have a story to tell after bringing a Wife to Western world. Their behaviour change from the same respectfull Lady that you knew in Nigeria. Some Nigerian Men who could not control their shock ended up in Jail. Some were very happy by bringing their Wives. Why would you bring your Lady to Western world and Why would you think otherwise?

HILARIOUS! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by 190: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2011
Sadly i dont think i would do such,
Nigerian women should remain in nigeria while the men go out in search of greener pastures

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFyrrhKj1Q&feature=related[/flash]

Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by kokoye(m): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
I DO NOT encourage it.

. . . and yes, a lot of the ladies do change.

There's a friend who's hell bent on doing the samething - the main problem is that he stared dating the lady AFTER he got here - how the heck are they going to truly know each other??  I have tried to change his mind but he believes that is the best girl for him - he's been at home since he came and has not even taken anytime to mingle and compare other ladies.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2011
LMAO! Damn, Nigerian babes that bad? grin grin
Aye sah! Be nice you guyses.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by kokoye(m): 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^^

They are not bad. But the western system is different - ladies will react to it and most men (especially those who go home to marry them) may not be able to handle it.

The guys who go home to bring ladies do it cos they want someone with African values - the ladies get here and those values fly outta the window.

Hope I make sense MzD@rkSkin
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2011
Right Sis.  I am like damn what they do for these nukkas to be UPSET with them.  I mean if they are asking for money I don't see why that is a problem.  That what I hear the complaints from the boys is the sisters are asking for money are expecting them to have money.  

Well, that what black men do over here as well.  So again African men and American men aren't any different.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by kokoye(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2011
it is not about money . . I will explain it:
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2011
Koyoke,

What is "african value"?  Seriously.  Real talk.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye:

it is not about money . . I will explain it:

I am not saying it is about the money Koyoke. I am just repeating WHAT YOUR BROTHERS ARE SAYING. Don't jump on me. I am just the messenger.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrCork17: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
huh? Nigeria? Black woman? HELL NO!! (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by fstranger3(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2011
Oh yeah,

I only dated akatas for 4 yrs for paper. Which right thinking Nigerian would marry Akata, its like signing your own death warrant.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Koyoke,

What is "african value"?  Seriously.  Real talk.  

I'd like to know too.

kokoye:

^^^

They are not bad. But the western system is different - ladies will react to it and most men (especially those who go home to marry them) may not be able to handle it.

The guys who go home to bring ladies do it cos they want someone with African values - the ladies get here and those values fly outta the window.

Yeah you make a lot of sense to me but what I am saying is. . .blah 4get it. I'd rather the 'African ladies'
come in here and speak their peace. I'd rather be on the sides lines and "learn" after all I am western so. . .
I will never understand.  tongue
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrCork17: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mr, Cork:

huh?  Nigeria? Black woman?    HELL NO!! (no oofeinse) angry

they not wifey material & they not usualy presentable (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2011
^@ cork put your car in neutral (right on top of a hill). Run fast to the bottom of the hill and lie down.  tongue

fstranger3:

Oh yeah,

I only dated akatas for 4 yrs for paper. Which right thinking Nigerian would marry Akata, its like signing your own death warrant.

hmmm. I know that's right.  tongue tongue please. gtfoh.
that's if the Naija dude dont kill her first  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by 190: 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
Buahahahaha!!

cock is talking 2 himself and quoting himself

Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by kokoye(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2011
The man who goes home to marry does it because

- He is used to and wants a submissive woman.

- He is used to the woman cooking and cleaning and taking care of the children.

- He works hard and struggles to bring the woman and send her to nursing school so that she can quickly be on her feet and be able to help and support him while still being the nice and submissive wife.

He uses almost all his life savings to pay bride price - do wedding, take care of the woman's family and bring her here . . including sending her younger ones to school

Now the woman gets to the west and realises her husband is not all that: he works too much and his social class is not something she can be proud off.

The guy sends her to nursing school, she starts meeting other westernized woman and admiring their independent way of life.

She becomes a nurse and starts working overtime. The husband starts getting pissed cos there's no food waiting for him at home and his wife is not always at home. It is like his investment is now working against him.

The wife starts having friends and realises she cant do better than the man she has - she does not need his money and even makes more than he does  . .with overtime. She starts taking him for granted.  Remember there was no real love btw them anyway - she married him to come to the west.

- The laws of the west favor the woman. So of course, the wife will capitalize on it.

- The man starts going crazy. He cant believe wat is happening to him. The reason he brought the wife was so he could have a helper and submissive wife. But nooo . . . his wife is tellign him she makes more money and is more powerful than him.

Hope this makes sense,  I'm not saying this is always the case but very likely.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by 190: 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye:

you have spoken well but the truth is women in general are problematic
i wish i could just get a woman, she gives me kids and dis-sapper's for gud  undecided
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by kokoye(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2011
. .and I aint saying it is wrong to marry a Nigerian.

If you are . .it is advisable to marry one that is already part of the western system so you know wat you are getting.

I am married to a beautiful Nigerian that I met here and she has all the values I want . . jsut the way I want them.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye:

- He works hard and struggles to bring the woman and send her to nursing school so that she can quickly be on her feet and be able to help and support him while still being the nice and submissive wife.

He uses almost all his life savings to pay bride price - do wedding, take care of the woman's family and bring her here . . including sending her younger ones to school

Now the woman gets to the west and realises her husband is not all that: he works too much and his social class is not something she can be proud off.

The guy sends her to nursing school, she starts meeting other westernized woman and admiring their independent way of life.

She becomes a nurse and starts working overtime. The husband starts getting pissed cos there's no food waiting for him at home and his wife is not always at home. It is like his investment is not working against him.

The wife starts having friends and realises she cant do better than the man she has - she does not need his money and even makes more than he does  . .with overtime. She starts taking him for granted.  Remember there was no real love btw them anyway - she married him to come to the west.

- The laws of the west favor the woman. So of course, the wife will capitalize on it.

- The man starts going crazy. He cant believe wat is happening to him. The reason he brought the wife was so he could have a helper and submissive wife. But nooo . . . his wife is tellign him she makes more money and is more powerful than him.

Well. . ."When in Rome do what, __________."
HEY!  undecided
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

^@ cork put your car in neutral (right on top of a hill). Run fast to the bottom of the hill and lie down.  tongue

hmmm. I know that's right.  tongue tongue please. gtfoh.
that's if the Naija dude dont kill her first  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Damn, I felt that.  Ouch!  Sis, I know for sure that Immigration do not support same sex marriages.  I highly doubt the akatas were "females".
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Damn, I felt that.  Ouch!  Sis, I know for sure that Immigration do not support same sex marriages.  I highly doubt the akatas were "females".  

grin  grin  grin  grin
pls. let the HE/SHE talk. what is more pathetic than to admit to using
a woman for residential status? granted there was s3x involved. Hey sis isn't that a form
of "pr0stituti0n"?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrCork17: 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2011
190:

Buahahahaha!!

cock is talking 2 himself and quoting himself

190, bro, when I need a skinny B!tch, I will call on u, until then, U can F*** off!! wink
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by OmoUrhobo1: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
@Fstranger4.  Two of my Friends married Akata.  They were so happy that they never attempted going back to Nija to get one.  Their Wives are very respectful to their Mothers-in-law.  Another one in England regretted it.  Whenever one of my Friend's Mother is at home, Nija Wife would off the Heater.  My Friend's Mother almost passed away before his Junior visited her in England from USA.  He immediately got next available plane for his Mother to go back to Abeokuta before he finally brought her to USA.  The Akata Wife took care of her, in USA, better than Nija Woman in England.  Pray to get a good Akata or good Nija as a Wife.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by kokoye(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Well. . ."When in Rome do what, __________."
HEY!  undecided

and I'm not blaming anyone.

Just stating my reasons for not encouraging going home to find a bride.

There are beautiful woman out here too.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mr, Cork:

190, bro, when I need a skinny B!tch, I will call on u,   until then, U can F***  off!! wink

so. . .ure gay   btw I noticed you juss spowk gud inglish. . .hmmm. undecided

Omo Urhobo:

@Fstranger4.  Two of my Friends married Akata.  They were so happy that they never attempted going back to Nija to get one.  Their Wives are very respectful to their Mothers-in-law.  Another one in England regretted it.  Whenever one of my Friend's Mother is at home, Nija Wife would off the Heater.  My Friend's Mother almost passed away before his Junior visited her in England from USA.  He immediately got next available plane for his Mother to go back to Abeokuta before he finally brought her to USA.  The Akata Wife took care of her, in USA, better than Nija Woman in England.  [size=18pt]Pray to get a good Akata or good Nija as a Wife.[/size]

Cheers to you!  wink wink I respect that!
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by xhosachoc(f): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2011
fstranger3:

Oh yeah,

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye:

She becomes a nurse and starts working overtime. The husband starts getting pissed cos there's no food waiting for him at home and his wife is not always at home. It is like his investment is not working against him.

Koyoke,

I read everything you said and I can see your point.  However, I do not see what the "values" has to do with someone deciding how they want to live their lives.   I have a problem with people assuming that AMERICA or the "west" as some of you call it is homogeneous in values or cultures. Now, I might be a little rusty in the amounts of whomever in America.  But I am sure there are more Mexican immigrants than any other immigrants illegal or legal in America.  Their idea of values varies from state or region.  I have noticed that Mexicans as a whole have DIFFERENT IDEAS what lifestyle is considered "valuable".  

America is a country that diverse in cultures, traditions, and creed.  Those Nigerian sisters that you say that comes over here from yonder and get with "western" people are people from the EAST.  If you go to an average business establishment, you most likely will see an Immigrant or non immigrant THAN YOU WILL see an American born unless they are supervisors or owners.  

So again, there is no such thing as a Clustered Value when you are labeling values based on region or culture.  Because I can promise you not all Africans share the same values and not all Americans share the same values.  

If you have a moral fiber of who you are, you will not modify that moral fiber because you step in a new region.  You can pull a leopard out of the zoo, but you can't change the spots.  That is true for every aspects.
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by MrCork17: 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mrs.Chima <<<<<< Dracula is awake grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Mrs.Chima <<<<<< Dracula is awake grin grin

chima sis I'm sorry but LOL! grin
Re: Nigerians In Western Word, Would You Go To Nigeria To Bring A Wife? by 190: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
The UK esp is a very bad country for Nigerian marriages

esp if you plan on bringing your wife to that rigid country england  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Romance Section Is A War Zone / How Do U Deal With A Girlfriend That Declares You Married To Her On Her Facebook Page Without Your Consent? / Will You Judge A Nairalander Base On His Posts On Different Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.