Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (41089 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Lastmankc(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
Urgent: Please All Gradauate Of sociology Where Are You Working Now

am a student of uniport dep of sociology
I initially wanted law b4 waec then i changed my min during jamb
Please how good is sociology and as a graduate where are you working
And which jobs is promising to us
Una still they study sociology? Another useless courses are Archeology, anthropology,
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2020
please what are the steps of becoming a lecturer
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by forghe(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2020
� my guy just get a skill. Working with a sociology degree in nigerian is a big challenge. I graduated as a sociologist from uniport too. 2017. the only work area you can properly fit into is teaching and security (force). And if you get lucky Human resource management and customer service; but you still have to get a cert (maybe a short training during your Nysc) to give u an edge.

But don't be scared, just study and graduate. As my uncle will always say No certificate is a waste. The cert can boost your chances at some jobs. (graduate matters) Because some jobs and forms request for graduates from any discipline at all.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:01am On Sep 04, 2020
Lastmankc:
Una still they study sociology? Another useless courses are Archeology, anthropology,
Non is useless bro
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by dave06(f): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2020
In Nigeria as I've seen now, what you study really has less to do with where you're gonna be.

I know someone who studied Islamic studies and works with NNPC today. Surprising right?

My advice to you is:
Be serious with your studies, learn a skill especially during this pandemic (not just a trade o). Develop your communication & writing skills, trust me it'll come in handy some day.

There are several jobs that will come at you and how well you're able to sell yourself will be what's important, and not your course of study.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Lastmankc(m): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

so your advise is for me to drop out?
Must everything be spelt to you in ABC? Can't you use your mental power to decode the message?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by dave06(f): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2020
Lastmankc:

No course is useless please.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by IbekweTony17(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2020
Ehinmen3:

you don't know how to send DM but you know how to create a post and also quote people's reply.. may God forgive you. if you like study heaven and earth, if you are lazy and don't have the fear of God you won't make it in life.

Oga na by force to send Dm
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2020
forghe:
� my guy just get a skill. Working with a sociology degree in nigerian is a big challenge. I graduated as a sociologist from uniport too. 2017. the only work area you can properly fit into is teaching and security (force). And if you get lucky Human resource management and customer service; but you still have to get a cert (maybe a short training during your Nysc) to give u an edge.

But don't be scared, just study and graduate. As my uncle will always say No certificate is a waste. The cert can boost your chances at some jobs. (graduate matters) Because some jobs and forms request for graduates from any discipline at all.
Where are u workin now?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by na2016: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

I just like to become a lecrurer

If you like go for it but please don't take sorting and avoid sexual relationships with female students if you want to be successful
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2020
Lastmankc:
Must everything be spelt to you as ABC? Can you use your mental power to decode the message?
No be fight oga
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2020
na2016:

If you like go for it but please don't take sorting and avoid girls if you want to be successful
Thanks
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by vickydevoka(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2020
I'm a graduate of sociology and anthropology buh I'm working in a fish farm. Thank God for giving me de idea

4 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2020
IbekweTony17:

Oga na by force to send Dm
Lol but i no sabi the way to send message sha
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by madridsta007(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Where do u work now??

I didn’t study sociology.

I’m an Assistant Professor (tenure-tracked) at a University in the States.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2020
dave06:
In Nigeria as I've seen now, what you study really has less to do with where you're gonna be.

I know someone who studied Islamic studies and works with NNPC today. Surprising right?

My advice to you is:
Be serious with your studies, learn a skill especially during this pandemic (not just a trade o). Develop your communication & writing skills, trust me it'll come in handy some day.

There are several jobs that will come at you and how well you're able to sell yourself will be what's important, and not your course of study.
Please like what and what skill??
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by vickydevoka(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
derbykol:
What branch of engineering?
Engineering courses pays well especially chemical n petrochemical buh de problem is to get they job. Dats y I would advice anybody who want to study engineering should go for civil or electrical electronics to avoid story of there are no jobs. Atleast u can create job for urself with dis two. Agriculture engineering is also good if u embrace de agricultural aspect very well.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by vickydevoka(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
derbykol:
What branch of engineering?
Engineering courses pays well especially chemical n petrochemical buh de problem is to get they job. Dats y I would advice anybody who want to study engineering should go for civil or electrical electronics to avoid story of there are no jobs. Atleast u can create job for urself with dis two. Agriculture engineering is also good if u embrace de agricultural aspect very well
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by VTJN(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2020
Geography and planning is manageable in social sciences
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2020
madridsta007:

I didn’t study sociology.

I’m an Assistant Professor (tenure-tracked) at a University.
Please can i get your whatsapp number?? For info
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by SDEC: 10:14am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Am already a student
It aint that easy switching to law
U saying sociology is useless just makes me scared
Are you a sociologist?
You can't take everybody's advise. Sociology is not entirely useless. In fact you have better opportunities especially in law enforcement. If you don't like a job that involves guns there are others like Immigration, NDLEA, ICPC, EFCC e.t.c with departments where you don't need a gun. Go through with your Sociology and maybe a masters in Criminology, make good grades, build your communication skills and intellect and the sky would be your limit. You can still get your lecturing job with that combination, I'm a Criminology student and most of my lecturers a sociologists with masters in criminology because during their time we didn't have criminology in Nigeria. Destinies and grace differs. There's no harm in learning one or two skills though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by vickydevoka(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2020
louiziana:

I dislike graduates that don't know the difference between I am, am, and I'm.
Please what's the difference between, I am n I'm

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2020
SDEC:

You can't take everybody's advise. Sociology is not entirely useless. In fact you have better opportunities especially in law enforcement. If you don't like a job that involves guns there are others like Immigration, NDLEA, ICPC, EFCC e.t.c with departments where you don't need a gun. Go through with your Sociology and maybe a masters in Criminology, make good grades, build your communication skills and intellect and the sky would be your limit. Destinies and grace differs. There's no harm in learning one or two skills though.
Thats my dream
Thanks anyways
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:18am On Sep 04, 2020
vickydevoka:
Please what's the difference between, I am n I'm
Hoe does i am and am concern this discussion some nigerian self
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Mires: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Thanks
Am thinking about runing my masters and beciming a lecturer
The way people are castigating the course self dey make me think say i make wrong choice

You didn't make wrong choice. It is all about grace. Not course of study nor grade. As for becoming an academic, the take home in Nigeria is not commensurate with the tasks.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by themaestro08(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2020
Randy91:
They are NOW IG BRAND INFLUENCERscheesy cheesy

Owners of Different brands like "Chioma collection" "Bisiola wears" "Desola Empire" that don't exist or ONLY EXIST on IG....

You better gather that money and use it to Learn a trade or Skill!

Bro this clowns also exist on Twitter grin
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by sunnymighty(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2020
Seniorwriter:

What's the name of the NGO?
Where is it located and what's the clout like?
I'm asking for a Fundraiser/campaign Involvement!

Cheers

PM me pls.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by themaestro08(m): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2020
Makaveli800:

Same here bro you know I just got to thank God for my own � if you see the courses some people on the forum I belong are planning to do.. Sociology is still better in UI its damn competitive the cut off was high compared to pol sci or psychology only economics is it the king of social sciences I will go for it and ask for Gods grace jare time will tell there people out there that its not what they studied they doing in real life the baseline is just who you know.. I mean connections to scale through may God help us sha

Bro it amazed me you got admission into UI, are you an indigene? What was your jamb score?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by dave06(f): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Please like what and what skill??

Be computer literate.
Work on your written and oral communication.
Learn to multi-task.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by derbykol(f): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2020
vickydevoka:

Engineering courses pays well especially chemical n petrochemical buh de problem is to get they job. Dats y I would advice anybody who want to study engineering should go [b][/b]for civil or electrical electronics [b][/b]to avoid story of there are no jobs. Atleast u can create job for urself with dis two. Agriculture engineering is also good if u embrace de agricultural aspect very well.
Best engineering courses (Civil or Elect/Elect)in today Nigeria.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by PrinceOfEast(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Am already a student
It aint that easy switching to law
U saying sociology is useless just makes me scared
Are you a sociologist?
Bro, i am not good at english lang, but, i don't get why a supposed under graduate will choose to start his sentence with "am" instead of "i am/i'm undecided
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by saraki2019(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2020
The problem to our unemployment is that government should build more vocational or skill acquisition centres instead of building more university and student be guided to what institutions to attend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Academic Staff(teaching) Salary Structure / Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos) / Russia University Hoisted Nigerian Flag To Honour Faith Ebunoluwa Ojedokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.