Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

How To Prepare A Lesson Plan - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare A Lesson Plan (132921 Views)

Complete Guide On Writing Lesson Plan In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Lesson Note And Lesson Plan? / Differentiate Between Lesson Plan And Lesson Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by oyetpel(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

A

NAME OF SCHOOL : Francesco high school, UI Ibadan.

CLASS : SSS 1A.

SUBJECT : Biology.

TOPIC : Respiratory system.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES :

TIME : 10am - 10:40am.

PERIOD : 3RD .

DURATION : 40 minutes.

INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES :

DATE : September 4th 2020.

LESSON PRESENTATION:

STEP 1 : Identification of prior idea - the teacher proceed to ask the students knowledge about respiratory system.

Teachers activities : ask the students, the meaning of what a respiratory system is.

Students activities : some of the students will comes up with their own prior idea of the meaning of what respiratory system is.

STEP 2 : The teacher gave the meaning of what a respiratory system is and explanation of the various forms of respiratory system in full details to the class.

Thus :

MEANING OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

TYPES OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

EXPLANATIONS OF THE TYPES OF
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

STEP 3 : EXPLORATION.
Mode : the teacher introduce and present the instructional resources to the students.

Teachers activities : the teacher distributes the instructional resources to the students and enables them to discuss among themselves the pictures and in regards to the topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Are you a fan of Francesco Caputo?
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by holysaint1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
justlikedat:

He still needs it for future references. He might come across the question again, and even as a teacher that's what he has to do every week.

and some teachers re taking 2-3 subjects. Hence they go through this whole drama x3 every week.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by holysaint1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
justlikedat:

He still needs it for future references. He might come across the question again, and even as a teacher that's what he has to do every week.

and some teachers re taking 2-3 subjects. Hence they go through this whole drama x3 every week with peanuts. Chai.. Who do us ?
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by unibenakpos(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
Walai:
My own problem is that 9 sticks is missing from the spaghetti I just bought undecided
I know it was the lockdown that gave you time to count spaghetti for the first time
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Benwallt:
Like this.
School- Yam and Engine Oil School
Class- SS1
Sex - Mixed
Age - 14+
Subject - Biology
Topic - Respiration
Sub Topic- whatever
- whatever
- whatever
Period - 5
Duration - 40mins
Instructional Objectives: At the end of the class, the students should be able to:
A). Define respiration
B). Identify types of respiration
C) whatever
D) whatever
Instructional materials: list them
Entry Behaviour; State it
Presentation; step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Evaluation: state your expectations from the students.
Assignment: blah blah blah.
Reference: state it.
Please elaborate more on "Entry Behavior"
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by EdmundDantes(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
Walai:
My own problem is that 9 sticks is missing from the spaghetti I just bought undecided
grin grin grin
See wetin bad economy cause?
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Hemanwel(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
I have seen that a lot of the "commenters" here do not understand that there is a difference between a lesson note and a lesson plan.

However, I really do appreciate you all for your contributions. I guess I am now better equipped with how to answer this type of question in the future. All thanks to your various contributions.

Nairaland never disappoints! One love!

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
byrron:

You did a great job here
sorry my phone battery went dead. I'm modifying my comments and contribution by adding evaluation and the concluding part - the format.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
famouscargo4u:

you did very well with the lesson note. however, lesson plan is not same with lesson note.

Lesson plan is a Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reliable and Time-bound teaching schedule usually aimed at achieving passage of teaching to the learner. It involves the Topic, sub topic, behavioural objective, Presentation,Evaluation, Summary and conclusion. It highlights what a teacher intends to impart to the learners within a specific period period of time and the methods he hopes to employ in achieving it.

thank you very much. however I'm writing out a lesson plan for the OP at the moment. joining it with the lesson note I wrote up there previously.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Skmoda360(m): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
IamGinger:

3rd year social studies education sha.... I claim it o
Amen for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thanks y'all for your corrections and contributions as well. at first I thought what the OP asked for, was a simple lesson note. but my phone went dead as I was trying to write out the full lesson plan to it. but I've as well added it now.

y'all can add your own contributions too and other necessary corrections. thanks.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lalasticlala please help push this topic to the front page for others contributions. thanks.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by lalasticlala(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:
Lalasticlala please help push this topic to the front page for others contributions. thanks.

How many times do you want this topic on Front Page? It's on home page already
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:

sorry my phone battery went dead. I'm modifying my comments and contribution by adding evaluation and the concluding part - the format.

That's awesome
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Benwallt(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
Please elaborate more on "Entry Behavior"
it should detail the first things you do on entering the class I.e verbal introduction of the topic, asking for background or foreknowledge about the topic before proceeding to write the topic on the board.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Blackpapaya007: 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
Nice one!!!!!Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

A

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES :

LESSON PRESENTATION:

STEP 1 : Identification of prior idea - the teacher proceed to ask the students knowledge about respiratory system.

Teachers activities : ask the students, the meaning of what a respiratory system is.

Students activities : some of the students will comes up with their own prior idea of the meaning of what respiratory system is.

STEP 2 : The teacher gave the meaning of what a respiratory system is and explanation of the various forms of respiratory system in full details to the class.

Thus :

You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

Mode : the teacher introduce and present the instructional resources to the students.

Teachers activities : the teacher distributes the instructional resources to the students and enables them to discuss among themselves the pictures and in regards to the topic.

Students activities : the students enganges themselves in discussions and teaching one another by pointing out to the instructional resources in regards to the lesson topic.

STEP 3 : DISCUSSIONS. The teachers and the students engages in discussion in regards what had been taught by teacher.

Teachers activities : The teacher asked explains the meaning of respiratory system concepts and it's various forms to the class.

Students activities : The students in return asked questions regards the topic and make their own contributions as well.

STEP 4 : EVALUATION. At the end of the class, the teacher gives the class some tasks to engage in, in order to test their abilities and and evaluate them.

Mode : The proceed to prepare tasks for the students.

Teacher activities : The gives or write out the tasks to be carried out for the students.

STEP 5: SUMMARY/ CONCLUSIONS : At the end of the lesson, the teacher summarises the meaning of respiratory system and it's different types to the class.

STEP 6 : ASSIGNMENT/ HOME-WORK. the teacher gives the class tasks to be done at home and to be submitted in next class.

REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson plan / notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

[/quote]
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
Olatara:
Add Objectives, Previous Knowledge, Teaching Aids, Presentation (Steps on how to teach the lesson), Activities, Evaluation, and Conclusion.
Note: Your Objective should base on the Cognitive, Affective and Kinesthetic learners.
Good luck to you
thank you for the corrections. however, I've added all what you wrote out up there.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
Blackpapaya007:
Nice one!!!!!Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance with my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

A.

NAME OF SCHOOL : RioCarputo High School, UI Ibadan.

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES : the arrangements of the sitting positions of the students and their readiness and willingness to learn a new lesson.

B.

LESSON PRESENTATION:

Thus :

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

Students activities : the students enganges themselves in discussions and teaching one another by pointing out to the instructional resources in regards to the lesson topic.

STEP 3 : DISCUSSIONS. The teachers and the students engages in discussion in regards what had been taught by teacher.

Teachers activities : The teacher asked explains the meaning of respiratory system concepts and it's various forms to the class.

Students activities : The students in return asked questions regards the topic and make their own contributions as well.

STEP 4 : EVALUATION. At the end of the class, the teacher gives the class some tasks to engage in, in order to test their abilities and and evaluate them.

Teacher activities : The gives or write out the tasks to be carried out for the students.

STEP 5: SUMMARY/ CONCLUSIONS : At the end of the lesson, the teacher summarises the meaning of respiratory system and it's different types to the class.

STEP 6 : ASSIGNMENT/ HOME-WORK. the teacher gives the class tasks to be done at home and to be submitted in next class.

REFERENCES :

@OP, this is how your lesson plan / notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
Blackpapaya007:

A

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES :

LESSON PRESENTATION:

Thus :

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

REFERENCES :

however, I've took time to rectify some errors and made the necessary amendments. thank you.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Topmaike007:
where is your evaluation and objective
I've done that by modifying the post.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by gtown: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
frankyychiji:
See Borntroway like you. Your father's concubine has exchanged your destiny and you are now roaming aimlessly. Na Keke go jam you kill you Las Las.
Ashao factory pikin whose mama was produced by different roaming aimless abokis' preeks. Try ask your mo msi who fathered you truly truly, if the answer no shocks you. I wish you know circumstance of your birth.
If not because I have long quit fu cking ashao, I will have asked you for a date tonight on your mo msi bed.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by frankyychiji(f): 1:25am On Sep 06, 2020
gtown:

Ashao factory pikin whose mama was produced by different roaming aimless abokis' preeks. Try ask your mo msi who fathered you truly truly, if the answer no shocks you. I wish you know circumstance of your birth.
If not because I have long quit fu cking ashao, I will have asked you for a date tonight on your mo msi bed.
Foolish almajiri with internet.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by gtown: 11:28am On Sep 06, 2020
frankyychiji:
Foolish almajiri with internet.
I don't want your pastor to know what you are going through. So, remind me after your church service. I have cool pleasant breaking news for you chilling in my refrigerator.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by frankyychiji(f): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2020
gtown:

I don't want your pastor to know what you are going through. So, remind me after your church service. I have cool pleasant breaking news for you chilling in my refrigerator.
Lol I'm a mooslim terrorist.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:14am On Sep 07, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance with my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

A.

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES : Arrangements of the students sitting positions and their readiness to learn a new lesson.

B

LESSON PRESENTATION.

Thus :

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

REFERENCES :

Omoluabi rere.
Well done.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2020
Oritsewhandey:
................. Omoluabi rere. Well done.
thanks
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by SavageResponse(m): 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
RioCarputo:

A.

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES : Arrangements of the students sitting positions and their readiness to learn a new lesson.

B

LESSON PRESENTATION.

Thus :

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

REFERENCES :

Good work!
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by SavageResponse(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
popplm:
I think a lesson note is different from a lesson plan. Stand to be corrected...He was asked to make a lesson plan not note.

Go back and read OP's post, this time do it slowly smiley
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Hemanwel(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
RioCarputo:

A.

B

LESSON PRESENTATION.

Thus :

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

REFERENCES :

I am very very grateful for this bro! God bless you richly. Meanwhile, I want to know: must it follow this order? I'm talking about the 'A' part of your comment.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Hemanwel(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
Malawian:

Do you have an email?
Yes, I do. Send me a PM.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Hemanwel(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
mrksquare:

Drop your email will send you a prototype of a TKT lesson plan. Then I can engage you subsequently.
hemanwel911@gmail.com
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by mrksquare: 11:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hemanwel:
hemanwel911@gmail.com

okay. will send you a mail tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

University Of Jos 2013/2014 Admission / 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.