Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

How To Prepare A Lesson Plan - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare A Lesson Plan (133180 Views)

Complete Guide On Writing Lesson Plan In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Lesson Note And Lesson Plan? / Differentiate Between Lesson Plan And Lesson Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by samwash(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
@op, let me guess you didn't graduate from education faculty, or college of education.
But if you did, you just wasted those years in schooling.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by brainhgeek(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

NAME OF SCHOOL : Francesco high school, UI Ibadan.

CLASS : SSS 1A.

SUBJECT : Biology.

TOPIC : Respiratory system.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

DATE : September 4th 2020.

LESSON.

1. MEANING OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

2. TYPES OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

3. EXPLANATIONS OF THE TYPES OF
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Nwa Tisha! I salute
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Olatara(f): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

LESSON.

You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Add Objectives, Previous Knowledge, Teaching Aids, Presentation (Steps on how to teach the lesson), Activities, Evaluation, and Conclusion.
Note: Your Objective should base on the Cognitive, Affective and Kinesthetic learners.
Good luck to you

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by OhiOfIhima: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
lesson plan is different from lesson note.

Give us your lesson plan Oga... I love teaching but haven't taught in a formal school b4, are we do is teaching in private schools n organized lessons. I can fall a victim of this in future, I am here with a keen learning.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by samwillyco1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Dragg my afternoon weed... while i read comments to seek for knowledge
But my mind dey tell me say Bros op never go tertiary institutions or rather you fit don graduate but nor be faculty of education
If not you for Sabi prepare lesson note and plan because education students for university that year dey do teaching practice or rather them dey go for teaching practice before them graduate
Anyway...what do i know....am just a weed smoker, a drunkard and a pussy banger

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaa, weed at it's peak but eating you yan na true
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Bifrost: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Point of correction:

What school did you graduate from?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by stevups(m): 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Well done
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mowsid:
This is why most times job application comes with certified years of experience
And a you expect a young graduate to have "years" of experience without giving them years to experience.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:
Hello, good people of Nairaland!

I just finished an interview in a school for a teaching position. Was asked to prepare a Lesson Plan on Respiratory System for SS1 class.

Because I have never taught in a school before, I became dumbfounded. I didn't know how to go about it.

Please, teachers in the house, how would I have answered the question? I want to know so I can learn from my mistake.

PS: Although, I do private teaching; I have never taught in a formal school setting before.

Did you teach during service? If you did teach, you for know.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by prinxwizard(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
soleexx:
Respiration is all bout gas exchange in animal or plant.. Also organ that help in breathing in human..

Its pretty easy to form a note on these
Definition
Parts
Uses
Importance
� �.. Must you drop a comment?
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by 77up(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Dragg my afternoon weed... while i read comments to seek for knowledge
But my mind dey tell me say Bros op never go tertiary institutions or rather you fit don graduate but nor be faculty of education
If not you for Sabi prepare lesson note and plan because education students for university that year dey do teaching practice or rather them dey go for teaching practice before them graduate
Anyway...what do i know....am just a weed smoker, a drunkard and a pussy banger
Continue undecided

That weed you dey drag they happy so, I hope you open a thread above. By the time bush meat catch your hunter ,you go loyal sad
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Topmaike007(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

where is your evaluation and objective
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by whysquare4real(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Your lesson plan is not complete. you did not add behavioural objectives/previous knowledge, evaluation etc
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Welrez(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
sacajawea:
Also Objectives, Assignment, Class Activity etc may be included depending on Subject and class you are teaching
Class entry behaviour
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by AlphaT1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Good but no evaluation And a plan is what you will do, not just a note.
I would also like to see summary/conclusion.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by ofiko123(m): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
nicho450:
You need to be calm first of all, after that you then proceed to ask Google then come back and thank me later.

grin abi nau, let him go and ask Google..

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nollywid998: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2020

Join Now: W W W . F U N D B O O S T. C L U B

《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

START MAKING AS MUCH AS $100 DAILY ONL!NE STRAIGHT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!

WITH A MINIMUM OF $10, YOU CAN BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM.

CARD DEPOSITS, BANK PAYMENTS, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

BUY BITCOIN: https://luno.com

JOIN OUR DIGITAL PLATFORM TO START EARNING USING FOUR EASY STEPS: SIGN UP》ADD FUNDS》INVEST 》GET YOUR RETURNS.

All you require to earn is made accessible on your secured dashboard.

Fundboost receives your investment and with the help of experienced digital investment managers, they are able to deliver an amazing RETURN ON INVESTMENT of up to 10% every day for the total of 20 days investment tenure. .

THIS IS A SIDE INCOME PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU FOCUS ON YOUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES.

You can also make over $1 for every registration using your affiliate link.

Join Us Right Now:
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
amakadlite:
Lesson plan is different from lesson note. lesson plan is tabled into

Subject/ Periods/ Topic.
while the lesson plan contain all the subjects you are going to develop in you lesson note, the period each subject would be thought during the week and the topics. The lesson note is detail development of each subject proposed in the lesson plan. The lesson note contains the

Class
Age of pupils
Date
Subject
Topic
Sub-toppic
Time/ duration
Specific Objectives
Instructions Materials
Previous Knowledge
Introduction
Development
Stages
Class activities
Summary
Evaluation.
though this an old format for lesson note, there is a current one, depending on the format the school is using.
So lesson plan is same thing as Scheme of Work
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Karemarealty288(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by coldFLARES1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
famouscargo4u:

you did very well with the lesson note. however, lesson plan is not same with lesson note.
Thought I had absolutely forgotten all knowledge got from Science Education that year, because it has tey gan.

But then, I could quite recollect that what that guy put there was part of the model for writing a Lesson Note. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Op, from my formal training, that year, we were told a Lesson Plan involves allocating/specifying time for which specific objectives hopes to be achieved within a time period (lesson period that is), on a given topic (Respiratory system, in your case).

This includes time for creating an atmosphere for friendly teaching-learning; time for assessing background knowledge (knowledge quite fundamental to helping students understand the topic at hand); introducing the subject; teaching on the subject; allowing for questions; and asking questions to gauge their understanding of what you've taught (those questions are called the "Instructional Objectives" which are usually stated on the Lesson Notes.

So, what your Supervisor rates you on is how well you achieved your objectives of imparting knowledge while religiously sticking with all timelines itemized in your Lesson Plan.

So, if it's a single period of 45mins in which you are meant to teach Respiratory System, you would have to allocate time to how you can achieve your objectives through those subheadings I already listed. Your supervisor scores you based on how well you deliver on the topic while religiously sticking with all time allocated to precursor stages.

Hope this helps.

I didn't do this professionally for up to nine months though, and that was a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Bsc(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
You can equally add assignment to excellent answer of the folk with 1,000 plus likes
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Benwallt(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Like this.
School- Yam and Engine Oil School
Class- SS1
Sex - Mixed
Age - 14+
Subject - Biology
Topic - Respiration
Sub Topic- whatever
- whatever
- whatever
Period - 5
Duration - 40mins
Instructional Objectives: At the end of the class, the students should be able to:
A). Define respiration
B). Identify types of respiration
C) whatever
D) whatever
Instructional materials: list them
Entry Behaviour; State it
Presentation; step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Evaluation: state your expectations from the students.
Assignment: blah blah blah.
Reference: state it.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by amakadlite(f): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
So lesson plan is same thing as Scheme of Work
who said lesson plan is the same as scheme of work? lesson plan is a proposed plan of work for a week. this contains subjects, periods and topics for the same week. scheme of work is termly work. what I wrote up there is for lesson note
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Chitumu:
I am sure that was golden penny spaghetti. the sticks are gettin thinner sef.
I am telling you. No difference between spaghetti and spaghettini again undecided
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by criuze(m): 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

you try bro, but no entry behavour and objectives

they thought me that at unn

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by CaptainFM1: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
sacajawea:
Also Objectives, Assignment, Class Activity etc may be included depending on Subject and class you are teaching

The above is important/ideal for every class. Esp. the Objectives.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Adekaka12345: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
prinxwizard:

� �.. Must you drop a comment?

Ahahahahahahahah. Don't mind him. If you don't really teach, you won't know. He is a novice.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Niyeal(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Where is your objective and evaluation?
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Self explanatory but you didn't include the presentation
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
criuze:

you try bro, but no entry behavour and objectives

they thought me that at unn
Presentation too dey miss
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by milky3(f): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
you can visit Google you will definitely get the recent version of writing a lesson note
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by chiefolododo(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

I believe that lesson note waste time. What you know and how to deliver it matter most

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.