Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? (52576 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) / UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mbdovey:
I don't know why most men keep saying marriage is not important. What happened when you're old? who will stand by you? Who will take care of you? We all need each other. In as much as marriage is not the ultimate, it's very important.
abroad even those with kids during old age their kids hardly come to visit them. Old people in my area take care of them selves. When you cannot take care of yourself anymore you go to old people's home. Kids here most times when they reach 18 they are gone. So marrying or not marrying wont change anything in the west. Everyone faces his or her own lives abroad. It is selfish to raise kids so they will take care of you.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
tonyson010:

Now u made me curious on this. Y are some guys regretting marrying African ladies abroad?
some not all. The laws favor women over there than in 9ja. In 9ja you can beat your wife, chase her out bring home side chicks etc. Over here try am you are don for. If she divorces you, you would likely have to leave the house ( that u paid mortgage for), pay child support and spousal support if she refuses to work. You may get timetable on when and how to see your kids lol. Truth is poverty is part of the reason women carry marriage for head in africa. Here she can make cool money and wont tolerate your shits. It goes both ways. Abroad there is no maid or help( only celebs and rich people can afford it) so 9ja men will not assist in house chores thereby wearing madam out.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
abroad even those with kids during old age their kids hardly come to visit them. Old people in my area take care of them selves. When you cannot take care of yourself anymore you go to old people's home. Kids here most times when they reach 18 they are gone. So marrying or not marrying wont change anything in the west. Everyone faces his or her own lives abroad. It is selfish to raise kids so they will take care of you.
I didn't say kids. At old age, your partner will still be with you. Having a gist mate, a companion, a friend who loves you in old age is beautiful. Let's stop hyping lonely life as if it's preferable.

48 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mbdovey:
I didn't say kids. At old age, your partner will still be with you. Having a gist mate, a companion, a friend who loves you in old age is beautiful. Let's stop hyping lonely life as if it's preferable.
you don need to be married to have a companion lol. It is what it is lol. Stay in your 9ja then

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
some not all. The laws favor women over there than in 9ja. In 9ja you can beat your wife, chase her out bring home side chicks etc. Over here try am you are don for. If she divorces you, you would likely have to leave the house ( that u paid mortgage for), pay child support and spousal support if she refuses to work. You may get timetable on when and how to see your kids lol. Truth is poverty is part of the reason women carry marriage for head in africa. Here she can make cool money and wont tolerate your shits. It goes both ways. Abroad there is no maid or help( only celebs and rich people can afford it) so 9ja men will not assist in house chores thereby wearing madam out.
If not because we don't have any workable laws against @bolded, without law, noone ought to hurt another person that way.
Cheating on your partner
Not helping out even when she's tired
Cheasing her out of the house
Inpregnanting your house help and all that.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
you don need to be married to have a companion lol. It is what it is lol. Stay in your 9ja then
Everyone to their opinion. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Ge0grapher(m): 5:29am On Sep 07, 2020
When I leave this country, marriage won't even be on the list of things to accomplish, dont get me wrong oo, it might happen at the end of the day, but even if it does, I will prefer to marry or be in a relationship with a good woman from any race over there.
Nothing concern me with Nigerian women oo... Cos the stories I have heard is not encouraging at all...

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Cousin9999: 7:39am On Sep 07, 2020
It's easy to find A partner anywhere on earth. But it's not always easy to find a good match, especially if you're delusional. lol

22 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by lionlee216(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dating African(Nigerians to be precise) is like an headache over here.. when I first got here, the first Nigerian lady I met, our conversation ended within minutes.

Girl : how long have you been here?
Me : less than a year
Girl : Do you have green card
Me : No
Girls stop responding grin

In the grocery store/Mall
Me: Hi, You look beautiful. Whats your name ?
AA : Thank you, that's wonderful sweet. My name is Tisha
Me: Can I have your number and call you sometime?
AA : Sure. There you go OR I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend.

The AAs are very straightforward in their conversation. They wont come to you with bills and other bullshit. They got their shit together.

Me : Whats up, whsts your plan for the tomorrow/weekend
Nigerian Girl: I dont have free time. I'm always busy.
Me : Oh, I'm thinking if we can hangout for a bit
Girl : Why?
Me : Nevermind

One thing is AA makes is very easy for Nigerian guys to ask them out. They are always friendly. Its either they like you or they don't.

Dating Nigerian girls will be like Lionlee, I told u about my bills, how much do u want to be helping me with monthly grin

The moment they get laid, they automatically assume you are in relationship.

Nigerian Girl : where are you? Look at the time. Do you know the last time you called me last? You just chatting me since 4hrs ago?

AA : What's up babe, i haven't heard from you and I guess you are busy. Carry on with your day. Text me when you can. Miss you.

The list is so unending.. The sweetest thing that can ever happen to you is to date an AA woman that is educated(At least Bachelor degree).

If i grew up here, i for sure know I will never get married. Me getting here opened my eye to marriage. Why get married when you can always get everything in a marriage with your partner without getting married?

I really feel for Single/Unmarried Nigerian girls here. I really do.

The one i met last was 37yrs. You clearly put on your dating app you are looking for something serious. You gave me your number. Response always slow, add me to whatsapp, You no gree! Send me some of your pictures, Na wahala saying she doesn't take pictures. Ask AA girls for pictures, you will see a mature response. After sending pictures they will tell you when the pics were taken and location.

Advice for my Nigerian girls? Have a white friend and AA as friend and learn from them grin

#OkBye

247 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Petyprincess(f): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Too much generalisation nd bashing of Nigerian ladies on this forum! Even those that married old white granny or African American single mum with multiple baby daddies for green card will still bash Nigerian women grin

Op don't be scared or worried,dnt let anyone make you feel Nigerian ladies aren't desirable in foreign country! As long as you not conversative about your culture you will definitely get a man,forget all stories they putting up here, upon "I don't do Nigerian girls" they still sending pms to same Nigerian women!

They love bashing Nigerian girls because they know the abroad based ones with green card are wise nd can easily know their intentions unlike desperate AA Or white granny!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
lionlee216:
Dating African(Nigerians to be precise) is like an headache over here.. when I first got here, the first Nigerian lady I met, our conversation ended within minutes.

The AAs are very straightforward in their conversation. They wont come to you with bills and other bullshit. They got their shit together.

One thing is AA makes is very easy for Nigerian guys to ask them out. They are always friendly. Its either they like you or they don't.

Dating Nigerian girls will be like Lionlee, I told u about my bills, how much do u want to be helping me with monthly grin

Nigerian Girl : where are you? Look at the time. Do you know the last time you called me last? You just chatting me since 4hrs ago?

AA : What's up babe, i haven't heard from you and I guess you are busy. Carry on with your day. Text me when you can. Miss you.

The list is so unending.. The sweetest thing that can ever happen to you is to date an AA woman that is educated(At least Bachelor degree).

If i grew up here, i for sure know I will never get married. Me getting here opened my eye to marriage. Why get married when you can always get everything in a marriage with your partner without getting married?

The one i met last was 37yrs. You clearly put on your dating app you are looking for something serious. You gave me your number. Response always slow, add me to whatsapp, You no gree! Send me some of your pictures, Na wahala saying she doesn't take pictures. Ask AA girls for pictures, you will see a mature response. After sending pictures they will tell you when the pics were taken and location.

Advice for my Nigerian girls? Have a white friend and AA as friend and learn from them grin

#OkBye
Its very annoying bro.
I met a white babe online and she came all the way to pick me and take me out. Cos of corona drive test is suspended where i am. Babe saw my uber bills and was like just gimme a call i will come pick you when you free.

9ja babe own, i just came few months ago or i dont drive yet. Equals stop chatting lol

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Beautyaddy: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mbdovey:
I don't know why most men keep saying marriage is not important. What happened when you're old? who will stand by you? Who will take care of you? We all need each other. In as much as marriage is not the ultimate, it's very important.

Most men Abroad prefer to just have kids with their girlfriend then getting married to them.

I won't blame the men though.

The System in most of those Advanced Countries favours Women and Minor Children over Men in Marriages or Relationships.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
Petyprincess:
Too much generalisation nd bashing of Nigerian ladies on this forum! Even those that married old white granny or African American single mum with multiple baby daddies for green card will still bash Nigerian women grin

Op don't be scared or worried,dnt let anyone make you feel Nigerian ladies aren't desirable in foreign country! As long as you not conversative about your culture you will definitely get a man,forget all stories they putting up here, upon "I don't do Nigerian girls" they still sending pms to same Nigerian women!

They love bashing Nigerian girls because they know the abroad based ones with green card are wise nd can easily know their intentions unlike desperate AA Or white granny!

you must hustle your own ddick.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by lionlee216(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Its very annoying bro.
I met a white babe online and she came all the way to pick me and take me out. Cos of corona drive test is suspended where i am. Babe saw my uber bills and was like just gimme a call i will come pick you when you free.

9ja babe own, i just came few months ago or i dont drive yet. Equals stop chatting lol

They will be alright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Twizzy30(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Nigerian are getting married to each other and some other races. And yes there are a lot a single ladies and guys too. Over here dating apps or match making are your best bet. I have related with foreigners and Nigerian on dating apps and singles group. The younger Nigerian ladies seems to all have the same thing in common they want a financially stable guy ( typical Goldding trait from 9ja). if you tell foreign gals you just landed and still settling they wont stop talking to you, one came all the way to take me out with her car just to chill tho as a friend. If you tell a Nigerian lady that they would like stop talking to you and cant waste her fuel to come see you. Also the culture here is different unlike in Africa where different men will chase and toast you daily. majority of men here wont do that so woman has to make the move ( our 9ja sisters will say over my dead body). Some will marry, those married ones too some will divorce, some too will be single for a long time. In the West marriage and relationship is not a must. A man can lose his house, pay mortgage, child support and spousal support. many have turned gay or avoided marriage completely. it does not favour men. Everything marriage brings can be gotten while being unmarried. so why marry in the west men are last in the pyramid and have no say during divorce and custody.

Hierarchy of importance in the west

kids
Seniors/oldies
women
pets
wood/stone/plant
man
Nice contribution. Your last point is kinda funny though. Wood/stone/plant coming before men grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by ednut1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
Is it even easy finding a spouse in Nigeria Lets start from there.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Deyinka007: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
lionlee216:

#OkBye

Biggest Lion cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 08, 2020
@lionlee216, Nice explaination
Thanks for sharing. Especially the last paragraph.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 08, 2020
ednut1:
Is it even easy finding a spouse in Nigeria Lets start from there.
It is. base on the direction of my post. Here, you have almost everyone Nigerian
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Its very annoying bro.

[b]9ja babe own, i just came few months ago or i dont drive yet. Equals stop chatting [/b]lol
what if what she told you was true?

When you're always comparing the white with Nigerian's women, you will always find fault in them.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by GboyegaD(m): 4:20am On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:
You mean they don't prefer marry Nigerian's single women who based there? But why?

Both the men and women have expectations which may not be real. Imagine the ladies wanting a man who is Nigerian and Canadian (he pays all the bills as a Nigerian and does house chores, pushes the cart, run the errands as Canadian husband) at the same time and same for the women (she should share the bills as Canadian and she should take care of the home and be super submissive as the Nigerian wife).

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by GboyegaD(m): 4:24am On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:

One of the most selfish reasons to marry.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Cousin9999: 4:51am On Sep 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

Both the men and women have expectations which may not be real.

That's the issue for many.

Everyone should want a good partner, but the definition of that has really gone off the rails.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

Both the men and women have expectations which may not be real. Imagine the ladies wanting a man who is Nigerian and Canadian (he pays all the bills as a Nigerian and does house chores, pushes the cart, run the errands as Canadian husband) at the same time and same for the women (she should share the bills as Canadian and she should take care of the home and be super submissive as the Nigerian wife).
i know someone who said the monthly child benefit of about 1300 then for 2 kids is her reward for motherhood and there cannot bring the money to sort their rent and bills of about 1400 in a 2 bed basement. Husband should pay all afterall abroad was his idea. Also there are men who have never don chores while in 9ja as they had 2 maids while in canada madam works, takes care of the kids and still shares bills equally. After a while it strained the marriage.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by GboyegaD(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i know someone who said the monthly child benefit of about 1300 then for 2 kids is her reward for motherhood and there cannot bring the money to sort their rent and bills of about 1400 in a 2 bed basement. Husband should pay all afterall abroad was his idea. Also there are men who have never don chores while in 9ja as they had 2 maids while in canada madam works, takes care of the kids and still shares bills equally. After a while it strained the marriage.

People need to learn and life based on their society. I have friends like the men you mentioned but thanks to the Nigerian group in my city. They try to quickly let the men understand it is a new terrain and you just need to learn. One was always complaining about baby sitting now, he tells you he isn't interested in too many hang outs because he needs play with his kids. His focus has changed within two years. Many crashing marriages is due to selfishness like the case of the lady you mentioned. We all should learn we are a team and not individuals.

20 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 08, 2020
Abeg, what's the full meaning of AA
lionlee216:

#OkBye

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
Canih:
Abeg, what's the full meaning of AA
African-American

14 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
Okay, thanks man
sherylbakky:
African-American

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Adex2442: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
lionlee216:

#OkBye

You've made my day

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Adex2442: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
lionlee216:

#OkBye

Nigerian women are so boring in their conversations

21 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by cray91(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
Easy to say but do you think other races are ready to marry us?
dingbang:
Must you marry Nigerian? There are several other races in america to marry from.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Keke Napep With A Fan Spotted In Ibadan. PHOTOS / Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / What Australians Think About Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.