Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? (52594 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) / UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Farki: 8:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Mbdovey:
I don't know why most men keep saying marriage is not important. What happened when you're old? who will stand by you? Who will take care of you? We all need each other. In as much as marriage is not the ultimate, it's very important.

Because we have learned that the only person we can rely on is ourselves. Our wives can leave us, while taking most our our property in the course of that. Our wives can die before us, so what happens then?

All this fairytale ideas about marriage don't make sense when many married people we know always remark about how miserable they are.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by EmperorMaria: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2020
Petyprincess:

Like seriously, even mod pushed this rubbish to front-page to promote bashing of Nigerian women from frustrated guys.

They masturbate on any topic that bashes Nigerian women but will lick a white old granny ass for green card,these men can't tolerate shit from Africa American women,they will lick their ass to get a green card while bashing Nigerian women.

Most of these guys are not sincere,some are suffering to keep their status while be deceiving gullible supposed "fans" and "asslickers" on nairaland at the same time bashing Nigerian women. Even fresh immigrants will start shouting "a white lady picked me up,payed my bills,etc angry

Believe these people at your risk!

Some1 on this thread fits into this. Married to an obese AA dat he married 4 papers & deceivin gullible Naija men. I don’t like d way Naija girls behave,,,but I hate lies 2
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by TOMSY(f): 8:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Crispels:

As a Nigerian in the US, I’ve always preferred ending up with a fellow Nigerian because I just love that Naija aura; spirit and energy but most of the Nigerian girls I met when I first arrived here were so cocky, condescending and unapproachable.

However, I think age plays a big factor. If you were born here(a Nigerian - American) or you came here at a relatively young age(below 23), it's somewhat easier to find a life partner. Maybe if you came here for college or grad school - you can easily find a partner while in school.

Nevertheless, many Nigerian girls in America tend to waste their chances by being unrealistic when they are still below the age of 25. Many of them easily look down on people and they play themselves later on. Let me tell you a story. I have this friend of mine who lives in New York - he was born and raised in Naija. He came here for his Master’s and when he first arrived - he wanted a Nigerian girl by all means but most of the Nigerian girls around him then looked down on him. They saw him as a ”fresher” who had a thick accent, weird dressing, and all those kinds of stuff. I had a similar experience with some Nigerian girls too but his own experience was worse. When the guy was struggling in the US - none of these girls offered any friendship/support because they all felt he was not within their illusionary standard. The only people that supported him were the foreigners in his graduate school. But the guy who was talented. He worked hard at Columbia University and he eventually got a top investment job with JP Morgan. This my guy earns ridiculous six figures amount almost every month now. But do you know most of the Naija girls who looked down on him all tried to be friends with him after he was featured by Bloomberg business report? Can you imagine such nonsense! Why did they suddenly find him attractive now?

Well, the guy is currently dating the white girl that stood by him when he first arrived in New York but he still told me last month that he had always preferred a Nigerian babe but life happens. What if those Naija girls had even given him a chance of being their friend? What if they had tried to know him and not just judge him based on his looks as a struggling freshly arrived immigrant?
Nigerian girls in North America keep looking for finished products when they themselves are not in any way ready-made. They want guys that are 6-4 tall, beards, cars, houses, and all of those fleeting things at the same time. It's a wrong mentality to have and that's why most of them are still single. Life is a process. You don't expect men to have achieved 90% of their life goals when you meet them. People grow! A guy may not be muscular today but he can look like Anthony Joshua after spending some months in the gym. People need to understand the fact that life is a process. Then, we can take it from there.

Many of them are also intoxicated with this whole feminist stuff. See, as I am, I can cook by myself and I probably don't need a wife who knows how to cook. But do you know what? I’ve had female friends who are East Africans, black Americans, and whites who cook Nigerian food and give them to me. My friends who date these foreigners enjoy Nigerian food made by these foreign girls.

Yet, our Nigerian ”sisters” will be shouting up and down that it is not their duty to cook in the family. I know how to cook but I also want a wife who is homely. If I don't see these qualities in any girl of Nigerian descent but the qualities are present in a Kenyan girl or a white girl, why should I marry a Nigerian girl? The incentive is not there! Some foreign girls even embody Naija qualities than the so-called Naija girls.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

That's not true though.

Nigerian women abroad also have the same options as Nigerian men abroad do.

Most Nigerian women who live abroad and have develop an opened mind to date outside the Nigerian circle tend to have more peaceful and lasting relationship because these men don't treat like second class or slaves like how most Nigerian men treat Nigerian women as a whole.

No, they don't.

If you line up all the races in Europe and explore their desirability to one another for sex, dating and marriage, black men are higher up the pecking order amongst men of all races than black women are amongst women of all races.

There has been a UK TV show social survey has backed this up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4707512/Outrage-experiment-looking-racism-dating.html

Only 9.4% of white people say they will date outside their race.

And we all know that out of this 9.4%, the white women will prefer to date black men and the white men will prefer to date orientals.

In America, black men do better for sex & dating desirability than black women. But they are both at the bottom of races for marriage desirability.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 8:54am On Sep 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Yes, it's a crime but some men out of uncontrolled anger still beat up their spouses but they do not get way with it like in Nigeria.

Those men are faced with police and court charges which in the long term affects their record to get any meaningful jobs or high positions with job opportunities.

Good.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Are you joking or just displaying ignorance to please yourself

So there are no Asians, Oyinbo or Latino men married to Nigerian women

Go and get yourself more exposed and learn that Most Nigerians women of the younger generation no long are desperate to marry Nigerian men who most of the time are labeled wife abuser.

There are other African men that Nigeria women are getting married to in doves lately.

There are women happily married to crippled guys or dwarfs does not mean there is a queue waiting to marry such.

Statistically, apart from black men's desire, black women are ranked as the least desirable to men of all other races while assessing these other races' men attraction to women from all races.

So because it happens does not mean it is rampant, easy or a queue is there for black women.

The odds are bad.

Good you said there are other African men that Nigerian women can marry. The odds of that is much more better.

That said, there are still challenges.

1) Nigerian men are 1 in 5 of black African men. Most likely that stat is similar in these foreign countries.

2) Nigerian women will have to compete with the women from these other African men's countries. From experiences of most guys, one would say that (based on attitude, outlook, personalities and feminism qualities), on average, Nigerian girls will struggle in this competition.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2020
trilobite:

She would make a better what?!! grin grin
Have you dated girls from Vietnam, Mongolia, Philippines before?!! grin grin even girls from Madagascar will worship the ground you walk on!! grin grin

Nigerian girls are too entitled. They should keep waiting for man to come.

Beautyaddy.

Remember what I said in my last post.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by TOMSY(f): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2020
Gamesmart:

No, they don't.

If you line up all the races in Europe and explore their desirability to one another for sex, dating and marriage, black men are higher up the pecking order amongst men of all races than black women are amongst women of all races.

There has been a UK TV show social survey has backed this up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4707512/Outrage-experiment-looking-racism-dating.html

Only 9.4% of white people say they will date outside their race.

And we all know that out of this 9.4%, the white women will prefer to date black men and the white men will prefer to date orientals.

In America, black men do better for sex & dating desirability than black women. But they are both at the bottom of races for marriage desirability.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Changeofscene:

Awesome �. Spend your vacation in Nigeria if you're searching for a Naija partner. But this maybe difficult because vacation in Nigeria doesn't seem attractive after getting used to living in a sane society like Canada/US/UK them.

Except she comes from a rich family with nice houses in expensive areas or she still has the Nigerian ruff-am mentality, then that is not a great way to spend ones vacation while her peers are visiting sane and clean countries on the beach.

Secondly, she would encounter and get so many papersdigging men. (I just created new word o. Abeg trademark am)

To be frank, the best move and hope for Nigerian girls is take feedback and change the pervasive unattractive attitude and mentality to be able to attract, retain and be marriageable to men where they are.

zionsdaughter247, you dey hear?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 9:24am On Sep 09, 2020
bezimo:

So when I called you out..you now talk true oh not that they want me..yet posing to be the next best thing after Kim K or Beyonce...nonsense.

We don't bash we relate reality as validated by many guys on the self entitled and terrible attitude that have come to be associated with you 9ja girls in the western world and if you have any sense you will know that you girls can do better and change such distasteful narative to relate in a more better way rather than challenging us for observing what it is.

Thank you, brother.

When virtually all men are saying the same thing and the manifestation is hitting you in your face with many of your top quality men dating and marrying women from other backgrounds, while many Naija women are there single, searching and well-over 30, then you need to know it is not bashing. It is a need for reflection and improvement.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Petyprincess(f): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol I've watched some of their episodes n I feel bad for Michael. That woman is a cunt. We ain't all that way tho. I think that guy has more than earned his papers lol. The shit he goes thru with her. She's way too over the top
Why feeling bad? Michael is example of greedy Nigerian man that is ready to loose his honour for green card!! These men even go for obese, ugly,entitled,abusive,old white women!!
These women have the worst attitude and treat them like trash because they know how desperate they are!! Imagine Michael wants children which this old woman can't give him yet he's still enduring this abusive and entitled old granny!! These are the kind of men that we have here also,I wnt be surprised most are like michael.

This is another green card hustler, the worst is they go for the ugly,jealous,entitled and abusive white/AA women,none of them are proud to show their partner off on social media grin nd they will still come online to bash Nigerian women!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZQ71b2_S4

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by quickly: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2020
Mbdovey:
I don't know why most men keep saying marriage is not important. What happened when you're old? who will stand by you? Who will take care of you? We all need each other. In as much as marriage is not the ultimate, it's very important.

In the west marriage is a punishment for man and the woman has nothing to lose because she can create lies on you and the court will favor her and send u packing.
No more marriage - life partner.

By the time u reach old age the government in the west pay for ppl to take care of you.

Na Wetin some naija boys Dey do for UK. They take care of old ppl

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Mbdovey:
Marrying a Nigerian is good to me. My thought though
Very good, then come let's marry asap to avoid such story

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by bizhop01: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
listowell:

..at abroad...broken English is allowed, guys!
I don't know who employ you as Nairaland error police, please I'm too busy i don't have time for parasite like you.

Don't quote me again

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Petyprincess(f): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
EmperorMaria:

Some1 on this thread fits into this. Married to an obese AA dat he married 4 papers & deceivin gullible Naija men. I don’t like d way Naija girls behave,,,but I hate lies 2
don't mind him,let them continue deceiving their fans here,for their mind he might help them connect with American babe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Petyprincess:

Why feeling bad? Michael is example of greedy Nigerian man that is ready to loose his honour for green card!! These men even go for obese, ugly,entitled,abusive,old white women!!
These women have the worst attitude and treat them like trash because they know how desperate they are!! Imagine Michael wants children which this old woman can't give him yet he's still enduring this abusive and entitled old granny!! These are the kind of men that we have here also,I wnt be surprised most are like michael.

This is another green card hustler, the worst is they go for the ugly,jealous,entitled and abusive white/AA women,none of them are proud to show their partner off on social media grin nd they will still come online to bash Nigerian women!

Lol. Na no matter his intentions no one should treat ppl like trash. I feel bad if I see anyone get treated like trash. Hell someone could steal from me n I'd still feel bad if I beat them up or something.
Is just how I am.
In fact a naija guy I know is married to an Australian woman here n she looks so much like Angela lol same hair, size, age. And the guy is like 23. They been together five years n she use to treat him bad alot. Not as bad as Angela but still bad. She even smoked like a chimney like Angela lol.
My mum's friend tho she married a naija guy n had kids then got grandkids n lived happily together til he passed away around two years ago. They was similar age and she wasn't fat or ugly. So not all are like that n he was a really nice guy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Petyprincess(f): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol. Na no matter his intentions no one should treat ppl like trash. I feel bad if I see anyone get treated like trash. Hell someone could steal from me n I'd still feel bad if I beat them up or something.
Is just how I am.
Lol you must be so soft and emotional,i wish him the best also because of you grin and i hope he can wake up from slumber and realized that woman isn't meant for him!!!
Missyford31:

Is just how I am.
In fact a naija guy I know is married to an Australian woman here n she looks so much like Angela lol same hair, size, age. And the guy is like 23. They been together five years n she use to treat him bad alot. Not as bad as Angela but still bad. She even smoked like a chimney like Angela lol.
My mum's friend tho she married a naija guy n had kids then got grandkids n lived happily together til he passed away around two years ago. They was similar age and she wasn't fat or ugly. So not all are like that n he was a really nice guy.
Missyford31:

That's really sad, see i have no problem with marrying old woman for green card but bashing your women while the women you are with are worst! People might think I'm mean but I'm just being sincere.

Angela is abusive that's why I'm scared for Michael,if a woman could treat you badly in your country what will she do when he gets to America that their law favours women?

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Petyprincess:

Lol you must be so soft and emotional,i wish him the best also because of you grin and i hope he can wake up from slumber and realized that woman isn't meant for him!!!

Yeah I think he knows but he needs her. thanks. lol I'm too emotional n I always end up getting screwed over cos of it most the time but is who I am.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Petyprincess(f): 10:22am On Sep 09, 2020
Missyford31:

Yeah I think he knows but he needs her. thanks. lol I'm too emotional n I always end up getting screwed over cos of it most the time but is who I am.
it seems you not raised in Nigeria lol, I hope your good heart wnt be taken advantage of by dubious men! Have a nice day dear!

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2020
Petyprincess:

it seems you not raised in Nigeria lol, I hope your good heart wnt be taken advantage of by dubious men! Have a nice day dear!

Na I'm Australian. Thanks U have a nice day too k:-)
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2020
bezimo:

Bahahaha
grin grin
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Petyprincess:

are Nigerian ladies not doing same Go to troy nightclub near oriental hotel and see as young ladies are hustling for expatriates. The expatriates with all their money still go after low class women and olosho. You no go see that one

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Vickings(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2020
What is your twitter handle missy. Let me follow you.
sisipelebe:
When I mean on my list does not mean they want me. They can be my friends, Aquintance ,church members etc
I don't know why you guys don't want to have small sense at all. Thats why you fall for the wrong girls and term all girls to be the same. Every little thing you bash. I don't even know who brought you guys up.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by mattfeuter(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2020
bezimo:

So when I called you out..you now talk true oh not that they want me..yet posing to be the next best thing after Kim K or Beyonce...nonsense.

We don't bash we relate reality as validated by many guys on the self entitled and terrible attitude that have come to be associated with you 9ja girls in the western world and if you have any sense you will know that you girls can do better and change such distasteful narative to relate in a more better way rather than challenging us for observing what it is.

Spot on!

She’d projected the notion that SO MANY guys are on her “list” and when you called her out, she moonwalked . grin

Very typical of “them”. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by HBB1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
topemama1:

It's vice versa as I have seen our Nigerian sisters abroad with old white men with wrinkled skin and it got me wondering. Most fine young white boys don't really date black women, they date women of the same race as them or asian women. I have actually seen a lot of hot white women with black boys

They have the belief that black men are more masculine and superior in bed!

...and talk of beauty, our Nigerian girls have nothing on these peeps!
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by HBB1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
sisipelebe:
Most fine white boys don't find black women attractive, but few of them do. They prefer Latina, Asia or their own people. But white girls date black guys big time and the reason is because black men knows how to drill.

Black men know how to DO, forget abeg!
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Timiofak(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
Changeofscene:

Exactly what I have found out.My boss recently told me that she sees no reason in people getting married these days,she told me how she tried to discourage her son from tieing the knots with his baby mama.Why bring the government into your love life when you can have it all and catch more fun.

In most cases the marriage thing destroys the romance,making it too serious. Na P Diddy way win am jare.
you can always sign a prenup sha, if I eventually plan to marry, ill be marrying someone with a higher iq than mine, because i want “Einstien kids” and i believe the woman would beat me hands down when it comes to divorce issues, so I’ll surely be signing a prenup, home or abroad. Divorce na very normal thing this days sha, no be big deal.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Timiofak(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
trilobite:

Madagascar girls are the last hope in Africa. Please if you meet one and she is singke, try your luck with all your might!!
southy girls too dey okay ooo, and them get big booty sef grin. I had a thing with one long ago, she was okay, but there was no future in it, me i cant live in southy and she cant live in naija, we are still friends sha, but she is good. Needless to say, if you want a good idea about Nigerian babes, date outside Nigeria. Then you would see that most Nigerian ladies are batshit crazy.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Timiofak(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Changeofscene:

Awesome �. Spend your vacation in Nigeria if you're searching for a Naija partner. But this maybe difficult because vacation in Nigeria doesn't seem attractive after getting used to living in a sane society like Canada/US/UK them.
No reason am ooo, if you get money you go enjoy vacation for naija, apart from ticket and gifts for people at home, just budget 5-6k dollars for a month holiday, omo you go enjoy am pah
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Timiofak(m): 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
EmperorMaria:

Guy, whats your problem ? If someone married an obese AA for papers how hin take concern you, do you know if he actually loves her ?, una wey never step out of your street before, go just dey assume wetin you no sabii. You think its easy to marry for papers abii, uscis smart pass all this ones wey you dey yarn, one small wiff of illegality, and they would deny your application, No dey assume, if you wan die for Nigerian women, do that at your own peril, no dey attack person wife.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Changeofscene(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:

Many try to avoid the drama that comes with marrying Nigerians - like having their relatives move in with you whenever they come overseas, paying their siblings school fees back home, taking care of their aged parents, exorbitant bride prices some areas in Nigeria are known for etc while u have ur own family to cater for.

Exactly what my haitian colleague was telling me the other day.Dude is married to a Naija babe and he was asking me how much it will cost to set up a business in Nigeria.Saying his wife's siblings needs to have something doing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What Australians Think About Nigerians / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.