Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates (13969 Views)

Beware Of The National Startup Investment Fund Programme / CBN Introduces N500m Grant For Undergraduates, Graduates, Issues Guidelines / Royal Q Crypto Trading Robot (Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hello Everyone, This Thread is solely created for those that have successfully applied for the facebook grant.

Facebook has announced a ₦500 million grant to support 781 small and medium businesses (SMBs) in Nigeria, as part its $100 million Global Grants Programme announced earlier this year, which aims to support 30,000 SMBs in over 30 countries.

Aimed at stimulating economic recovery following the effects of COVID-19, this is expected to help empower and extend a lifeline to local small business owners who have been most affected.

The grants will be administered and managed by Deloitte in partnership with FATE Foundation and Afrigrants. It will be provided as a combination of cash and ad credits to help small businesses as they rebuild, re-engineer and recover operations during this challenging year.
Available to qualifying SMBs in Nigeria, applications were opened from 24th August 2020 for the North East, North West and South East regions and 26th August 2020 for the South West, South-South and North Central regions.

About 781 small businesses in Nigeria will benefit from the ₦500m grant. These businesses can be from any industry in Nigeria, including the fashion industry. The funds will be released as cash grants and ad credits to help empower local small business owners who have been most affected by the pandemic.

It is worthy to note that cash grant to the tune of about 400k and facebook ads of about 200k would be given to successful beneficiaries.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Earlier today, I received the mail below -

Hi ********,

Thank you for engaging with the Facebook Small Business Grants Programme. We'd like to take this opportunity to ask you a few questions about your experience as a small business facing COVID-19.

Click here to take the survey.

This survey will only take a few minutes of your time and will help us to understand the challenges that businesses like yours are experiencing in these difficult times. Your responses will help to influence future content, resources, and initiatives to support other small businesses.

Kind regards,
Facebook Small Business Grants Programme

After the successful completion of the survey, I noticed the status of my application changed to ' In Progress'.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 8:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Honestly, I am tempted to compare and contrast the application process of Facebook Grant and that of Covid-19 loan from our very own Nirsal MFB.

That would have to wait till later in the week.

But truth be told, We are decades behind. Is it the prompt response from the very courteous customers service help desk or is it the well outline section of FAQs just to mention of few.

Personally, I don' think the entire process can even be compared.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
The entire process would take just 6 weeks from submission to disbursement.

The application closed on the 4th of September 2020.

Please applicants should feel free to share their thoughts, experiences and expectations.

For individuals that missed the opportunities of the grant, the resource hub available for for free guides and tools to help you get back to business.https://web.facebook.com/business/resource?_rdc=1&_rdr

1 Like

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by dedons: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
I also applied
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2020
It seems facebook has gotten back to some individuals -

Please note the deadline for submitting the required additional information is 7pm on Friday 25th September 2020

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by dedons: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
lincDzinc:
It seems facebook has gotten back to some individuals -

Same thing is showing on my dashboard but there is no way for me to add additional information.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by tope777(m): 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2020
I click on here for the survey but not going, please who alredy do the survey should help
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by dedons: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2020
tope777:
I click on here for the survey but not going, please who alredy do the survey should help
I did the survey more than two weeks ago
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Clementz0(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
I didn't get any mail can someone drop the link here
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by tope777(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
dedons:
I did the survey more than two weeks ago
I receive reminder more than two times but o never get it.
Hope the survey will not be used as a criteria??

More question....do you update your bank details??
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by dedons: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
tope777:

I receive reminder more than two times but o never get it.
Hope the survey will not be used as a criteria??

More question....do you update your bank details??
My bank details is not even on my dashboard.

I was never asked to upload or update my bank details.

I hope they open up that space for me to update it.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by ayobamiojo584: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Please did anyone receive this mail? Has anybody received a mail after completing the second stage application; that is submitting their business bank details and facebook details? I need help urgently please.

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Amoshine(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2020
ayobamiojo584:
Please did anyone receive this mail? Has anybody received a mail after completing the second stage application; that is submitting their business bank details and facebook details? I need help urgently please.

I received it to and I have updated it

Have you done the same?
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by ayobamiojo584: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
Yes, I have. What exactly did you do as an update. What did you change?

1 Like

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Georgemoore: 6:49am On Oct 29, 2020
ayobamiojo584:
Yes, I have. What exactly did you do as an update. What did you change?

have u sign ur latter of acceptance from facebook?

1 Like

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Georgemoore:

Congrats to those of us that were shortlisted.

Kindly note that deadline for submission is November 2.

If you are having challenges please feel free to PM.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by HRprof: 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Georgemoore:

I have not recieve this update, my last update was bank account detail is was 3 weeks ago and as I check my dashboard now is still showing in progress
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by lincDzinc(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
HRprof:

I have not recieve this update, my last update was bank account detail is was 3 weeks ago and as I check my dashboard now is still showing in progress

Have you done the needful as per the account details?
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by HRprof: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2020
lincDzinc:

Have you done the needful as per the account details?
Yes I was ask to give my bank account information and social media ID required, which I did 3 weeks ago but have not gotten this current successful selection email while my dashboard still showing in progress.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by SerAce(m): 10:51am On Nov 12, 2020
So, my status now shows 'Awarded' after signing the Grant Offer Letter a little bit over two weeks ago. I expect to have the money in my account already but I think they're having some difficulties up there. Anyone with any update past this?
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Georgemoore: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2020
same thing here

SerAce:
So, my status now shows 'Awarded' after signing the Grant Offer Letter a little bit over two weeks ago. I expect to have the money in my account already but I think they're having some difficulties up there. Anyone with any update past this?

1 Like

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by oyowo1: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2020
Same here too. It is stated that payment will be after two weeks or there about in the offer letter
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by SerAce(m): 5:14am On Nov 16, 2020
Yeah. My concern is now that tomorrow will make it 3 weeks since I signed and submitted the Grant Offer.

oyowo1:
Same here too. It is stated that payment will be after two weeks or there about in the offer letter
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Georgemoore: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2020
i think they are not counting from when you submitted the offer letter, but from the deadline date of submission which is Monday 2nd November, and today is exact 2weeks

SerAce:
Yeah. My concern is now that tomorrow will make it 3 weeks since I signed and submitted the Grant Offer.

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by SerAce(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2020
This makes sense
Georgemoore:
i think they are not counting from when you submitted the offer letter, but from the deadline date of submission which is Monday 2nd November, and today is exact 2weeks

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by twinpapa(m): 9:38am On Nov 17, 2020
SerAce:
Mine is showing same "Awarded" Earnestly expecting the bank alert.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by HRprof: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
for those expecting bank alert. there is current restriction on international transfer from CBN.
CBN has stop all international transfer, i will advice you to send email to them and informed them about it.
i discovered about it today as money transfered to my account from US since last week Tuesday only for me to get to the bank and i was inform about the latest development i have to call the person to go and retrieve the money and send through eastern union money transfer that's the only option for now.
i believe they have send the money but it still hanging and i was told by the bank that after 2 week it might be difficult to retrieve the money.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Twinmama(f): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2020
twinpapa:
Mine is showing same "Awarded" Earnestly expecting the bank alert.

Mine too is showing awarded.
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by Georgemoore: 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
I have written them, await responds
Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by SerAce(m): 6:35am On Nov 18, 2020
Omo! This Nigeria sha.

The FB Grant in Nigeria is being coordinated by Deloitte Ireland and I expect that they'll be responsible to handle payments too. There's Deloitte here in Nigeria too and I hope they're aware of any of such restrictions and bypass it with their intops expertise on time.

HRprof:
for those expecting bank alert. there is current restriction on international transfer from CBN.
CBN has stop all international transfer, i will advice you to send email to them and informed them about it.
i discovered about it today as money transfered to my account from US since last week Tuesday only for me to get to the bank and i was inform about the latest development i have to call the person to go and retrieve the money and send through eastern union money transfer that's the only option for now.
i believe they have send the money but it still hanging and i was told by the bank that after 2 week it might be difficult to retrieve the money.

1 Like

Re: Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates by spiceeamiee(f): 8:30am On Nov 18, 2020
So its not just me. Thank God. I think I will send them an email today.. besides I expect that they would be liaising with their Nigerian rep so they would know if there are any restrictions and how to bypass it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mmm Just Revised Everyone's Gh / All Side Hustle Update / Is WKC Investment Legit??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.