Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls (2545 Views)

25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by delkuf(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

You're welcome, Sir.
So how is everything
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2020
delkuf:
So how is everything

We bless God. smiley
Hope you are good too.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by delkuf(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

We bless God. smiley
Hope you are good too.
God has been so good. What's take concerning daddy freezer and the pastor that has replied him

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by delkuf(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

We bless God. smiley
Hope you are good too.
So what is your take about the daddy freezer and the pastor's drama
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2020
delkuf:
God has been so good. What's take concerning daddy freezer and the pastor that has replied him

I've only been viewing that story from afar. Never really read or followed it since it has to do with DF.

I think he should be ignored. Knowing he's a social media figure who craves the attention all the time; i think he should be starved of that attention and hell take a back seat las las. The men of God should know better than allow him rope them in in his pranks.

I do not need to read it to know he's just out and about his usual tantrums.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by delkuf(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

I've only been viewing that story from afar. Never really read or followed it since it has to do with DF.

I think he should be ignored. Knowing he's a social media figure who craves the attention all the time; i think he should be starved of that attention and hell take a back seat las las. The men of God should know better than allow him rope them in in his pranks.

I do not need to read it to know he's just out and about his usual tantrums.
ok, good. hope you are really living for heaven. this world is really coming to an end. there is this particular thing I am struggling with, I just wish the holy Spirit should help me. I don't want to miss heaven.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2020
delkuf:
ok, good. hope you are really living for heaven. this world is really coming to an end. there is this particular thing I am struggling with, I just wish the holy Spirit should help me. I don't want to miss heaven.

By his Grace I'm looking forward to the rapture cos this world is so bastardized.

Why are you struggling?? Whatever it is, leave it to the Holy spirit. He'll handle it and give you his Peace.

Trust in God to deliver you for the Bible says, many are the afflictions of the RIGHTEOUS but the Lord deliveresth them from them all.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by delkuf(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

By his Grace I'm looking forward to the rapture cos this world is so bastardized.

Why are you struggling?? Whatever it is, leave it to the Holy spirit. He'll handle it and give you his Peace.

Trust in God to deliver you for the Bible says, many are the afflictions of the RIGHTEOUS but the Lord deliveresth them from them all.

thanks, I believe. so how are you preparing for church tomorrow
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2020
delkuf:
thanks, I believe. so how are you preparing for church tomorrow

Nothing dramatic. Before tomorrow by God's Grace, we'll be all set.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by delkuf(m): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Nothing dramatic. Before tomorrow by God's Grace, we'll be all set.
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by KNOWMORE56: 11:55am On Sep 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Ask your Jesus nah! cheesy

Abi you're no more sure of your Jesus and your holy ghost? cheesy

Max no be like that na,

Do me a favor and choose 1-5.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by KNOWMORE56: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:
Hell is the grave. The final destination for lost souls is the lake of fire. Simple!

I want to get something clear about hell,

1. There's hell, it's nothing more than the common grave;

2. God will use fire (hell) to punish unrepentant sinners, but the fire won't be everlasting;

3. There's not going to be any fire were human beings will be roasted, God says such thing has never enter His heart;

4. Fire is symbol of the end of the sinners;

5. hell fire is the place sinners are tormented after death till the day of Judgment when they will be judged and cast into the lake of fire.

Please, I need to KNOWMORE

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by sonmvayina(m): 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Now its you who's sounding off cos you clearly dont understand the makeup of man. Man is made up of body, soul and spirit. So when man dies, the spirit goes back to God while the body goes back to dust but the soul remains in a state of inactivity in the grave (hell) until the day of final judgment when they shall rise to be condemned to the lake of fire (permanent death). That is why the Bible says in Ezekiel 18: 20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Mr man go and study your bible very and try to be civil in your approach to issues/ people next time. Its too early to start using vain words.

Shalom.

Man is the soul.. When God breathed on his nostril, man became a living soul..

The soul (man) that sinneth it shall die..

You only need two beings to create a human being. The male (God the father) and the earth (God the mother)..God the father provided the spirit and God the mother provided the dust, the development takes place in the womb of the woman. When conception takes place a soul is formed.. At death they return to their default state..
I don't know how else to explain it to you.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by KNOWMORE56: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Just present a better performing group than JWs! cheesy

Consider the following advices from the Word:

*. Matthew 24:4 "KJV:And Jesus answered and said unto them, TAKE HEED THAT NO MAN DECEIVE YOU.

*. Romans 16:18 "
KJV:For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and BY GOOD WORDS AND FAIR SPEECHES DECEIVE THE HEARTS OF THE SIMPLE.

*. 1 Corinthians 3:18 "KJV: LET NO MAN DECEIVE HIMSELF. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

*. Galatians 6:3 "
KJV: FOR IF A MAN THINK HIMSELF TO BE SOMETHING, WHEN HE IS NOTHING, HE DECEIVETH HIMSELF.

*. 1 Corinthians 6:9 "KJV:Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? BE NOT DECEIVED: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

*. 1 John 3:7 "KJV:Little children, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU: HE THAT DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS RIGHTEOUS, even as he is righteous."

Note:
...TAKE HEED THAT NO MAN DECEIVE YOU...BY GOOD WORDS

AND FAIR SPEECHES DECEIVE THE HEARTS OF THE SIMPLE.

...LET NO MAN DECEIVE HIMSELF...FOR IF A MAN THINK HIMSELF TO BE SOMETHING,

WHEN HE IS NOTHING, HE DECEIVETH HIMSELF.

BE NOT DECEIVED...LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU...( for the 2nd time)

HE THAT DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS RIGHTEOUS...

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
author=KNOWMORE56 post=93841382]

I want to get something clear about hell,

There's hell, it's nothing more than the common grave;
Yes.

God will use fire (hell) to punish unrepentant sinners, but the fire won't be everlasting
;

Hell and lake of fire at two separate things. God will not use hell to punish sinners. Hell is simply the grave with no form of activities where everyone who dies go to.

There's not going to be any fire were human beings will be roasted, God says such thing has never enter His heart
;

Yes. The lake of fire is not literal fire but a symbol that represents the function of fire. I want to believe as fire consumes something completely is how sinners ate going to totally perish, never to be in existence again. Because it also says hell and grave shall be cast into the lake of fire. So its more like to be in a state of oblivion ( nothingness).

4. Fire is symbol of the end of the sinners;
Yes.

5. hell fire is the place sinners are tormented after death till the day of Judgment when they will be judged and cast into the lake of fire.

Nothing like torment in hell. I they'll be there waiting judgement day. Anyways, you can call it torment cos its not easy being in one place for years.but not literal torment.

Please, I need to KNOWMORE
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
sonmvayina:

Man is the soul.. When God breathed on his nostril, man became a living soul..

The soul (man) that sinneth it shall die..

You only need two beings to create a human being. The male (God the father) and the earth (God the mother)..God the father provided the spirit and God the mother provided the dust, the development takes place in the womb of the woman. When conception takes place a soul is formed.. At death they return to their default state..
I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Stop confusing yourself.

Man is made up the
Body (dust ) housing the spirit of God

Spirit ( breath of God )

Soul ( your consciousness.)

Now, the soul is the driver of the body, made up of the consciousness, mind and memory. That is why when someone goes into comma, the body will still be there, the spirit will still be there but the "consciousness" (soul) is lost or wandering about hence nothing to drive the body to get up. So, its the soul that is man that shall die the second death.

Hope this is clear enough.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by LordYahweh(m): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hell is not the final place, Nigeria is.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by KNOWMORE56: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:
author=KNOWMORE56 post=93841382]
1. Yes.
2. ;
Hell and lake of fire at two separate things. God will not use hell to punish sinners. Hell is simply the grave with no form of activities where everyone who dies go to.
3. ;
Yes. The lake of fire is not literal fire but a symbol that represents the function of fire. I want to believe as fire consumes something completely is how sinners ate going to totally perish, never to be in existence again. Because it also says hell and grave shall be cast into the lake of fire. So its more like to be in a state of oblivion ( nothingness).
Yes.
Nothing like torment in hell. I they'll be there waiting judgement day. Anyways, you can call it torment cos its not easy being in one place for years.but not literal torment.

"... HELL AND LAKE OF FIRE AT TWO SEPARATE THINGS."

I notice it like that in the Word.

"HELL IS SIMPLY THE GRAVE WITH NO FORM OF ACTIVITIES WHERE EVERYONE WHO DIES GO TO."

This one, if we should replace THE GRAVE
with HELL in all the places we find it in the Bible, is it going to be true? E.g:

*. Matthew 5:22 "KJV:But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of HELL fire.

REPLACED VERSION

KJV:But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of THE GRAVE fire.

*. Matthew 5:29 "KJV:And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into HELL.

REPLACED VERSION

"KJV:And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into THE GRAVE.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by sonmvayina(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Stop confusing yourself.

Man is made up the

Spirit ( breath of God )

Now, the soul is the driver of the body, made up of the consciousness, mind and memory. That is why when someone goes into comma, the body will still be there, the spirit will still be there but the "consciousness" (soul) is lost or wandering about hence nothing to drive the body to get up. So, its the soul that is man that shall die the second death.

What is the first death and second death..?
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
sonmvayina:

What is the first death and second death..?

The first death is the body. The organs and everything physical stops working. Known as physical death.

Second death is the eternal death after the final judgment. Which the lake of fire represents. A State of eternal oblivion.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by sonmvayina(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

The first death is the body. The organs and everything physical stops working. Known as physical death.

Second death is the eternal death after the final judgment. Which the lake of fire represents. A State of eternal oblivion.

Delusions..

Read ecclesiastical 12:7
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by sonmvayina(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Stop confusing yourself.

Man is made up the

Spirit ( breath of God )

Where is the soul coming from..? What was God talking to that they should create man together, was it not just the earth.. The earth provided the dust for the body and then God breath into his nostrils. (ie the spirit) and man became a living soul... Who provided the soul?
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
sonmvayina:

Where is the soul coming from..?

Ask your soul. grin lol..

Bia nwokem, I am not good at arguing the word if God. Just believe as I've told you. smiley
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by sonmvayina(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Ask your soul. grin lol..

Bia nwokem, I am not good at arguing the word if God. Just believe as I've told you. smiley

LOL.. Funny you.. I am not brainwashed like you.. I follow the ways of my ancestors.. Omenani.. That is OK for me..
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Now its you who's sounding off cos you clearly dont understand the makeup of man. Man is made up of body, soul and spirit. So when man dies, the spirit goes back to God while the body goes back to dust but the soul remains in a state of inactivity in the grave (hell) until the day of final judgment when they shall rise to be condemned to the lake of fire (permanent death). That is why the Bible says in Ezekiel 18: 20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Mr man go and study your bible very and try to be civil in your approach to issues/ people next time. Its too early to start using vain words.

Shalom.
No, you are wrong, souls do not go to a state of inactivity, for example moses was seen with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration.

The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a clear case of what happens to dead people.
Soul death is not the same as physical death, what it means is total separation from God.

Jesus clearly stated that the rich man was in torment in hell, there are many place that hell was describe as pit

Psalms 140:10 Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

Hell is described as pit filled with fire.

Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

David wrote that God will turned the wicked to hell, If hell is a place of inactivity this verse will not make any sense.

From this verse it is clear that hell is a place for punishment for sinners, a place filled with fire.

The psalms are consistent with what Jesus taught about hell.

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
solite3:

No, you are wrong, souls does not go to a state of inactivity, for example moses was seen with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration.

The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a clear case of what happens to dead people.
Soul death is not the same as physical death, what it means is total separation from God.

Moses' case was different because his body was never found. So you can't possible say whether he actually died or not. (I stand to be corrected though). Again, the story of the rich man and Lazarus was just a parable Jesus used to show how difficult it will be for a rich man to make heaven.

The soul acts like the.driver of the body but when.it can no longer operate the body into activities like before (because the body is dead) what will you call the state it finds itself in? It will definitely remain inactive until God by his power resurrect it for final judgment.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Moses' case was different because his body was never found. So you can't possible say whether he actually died or not. (I stand to be corrected though). Again, the story of the rich man and Lazarus was just a parable Jesus used to show how difficult it will be for a rich man to make heaven.
moses actually died.

Joshua 1:1
Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

No the story of Lazarus and the rich man is not a parable.
Fact, Jesus never mention names of people in his parables.

And Even in his parable Jesus always use things that are real and true for his parables.

So even if you think the story of Lazarus and the rich man is a parable, then hell must be a real place for punishment.

The soul acts like the.driver of the body but when.it can no longer operate the body into activities like before (because the body is dead) what will you call the state it finds itself in? It will definitely remain inactive until God by his power resurrect it for final judgment.

The soul is the sit of emotions, Mind, will and experience. The body is only the physical housing or encasement or clothing for the soul.

2 Corinthians 5:2
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

Resurrection is the uniting of the soul-spirit with the body.
It is the body that will be resurrected from the earth not the soul.

2 Likes

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
solite3:
moses actually died.

Joshua 1:1
Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

No the story of Lazarus and the rich man is not a parable.
Fact, Jesus never mention names of people in his parables.

And Even in his parable Jesus always use things that are real and true for his parables.

So even if you think the story of Lazarus and the rich man is a parable, then hell must be a real place for punishment.

The soul is the sit of emotions, Mind, will and experience. The body is only the physical housing or encasement or clothing for the soul.

2 Corinthians 5:2
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

Resurrection is the uniting of the soul-spirit with the body.
It is the body that will be resurrected from the earth not the soul.

Please stop twisting scriptures. How can you say the body will be resurrected? The corruptible will be changed to incorruptible before they will resurrected. They shall be transformed into a celestial body as no terrestrial body can access heaven. It will go back to dust.

As for the other one, you're mixing it all up and I just finished eating, so my antenna is weak. Can't really delve into that now.

Good night. smiley
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brachaa:

Please stop twisting scriptures. How can you say the body will be resurrected? The corruptible will be changed to incorruptible before they will resurrected. They shall be transformed into a celestial body as no terrestrial body can access heaven. It will go back to dust.

As for the other one, you're mixing it all up and I just finished eating, so my antenna is weak. Can't really delve into that now.

Good night. smiley
You are the one twisting the scriptures here.

Read again, I didnt say it is the same type of body that will be resurrected.
The book of 1 Corinthians 15 gives insights on what the resurrection is.
1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

It is the body that is sown not the soul and it is still the body in another form that will be resurrected.

@bolded what you dont understand be sincere about it, rather than saying it was mixed up.
Goodnight . smiley

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Ken4Christ: 12:11am On Sep 14, 2020
Maximus69:

The bolded need thorough meditation before you can understand but you've made your mind over already so there is nothing that can save you now unless if you want to be saved by putting your FAITH to the test.
So just as James said that if you're thinking you believe God exists is nothing because demons also believe there's God but can they be saved? never! James 2:19-20
Why? Because their belief in the existence of God is dead since there is no fine works to back their faith. James 2:26
So instead of concentrating on the meaning your corrupt, greedy, confused religious title chiefs gave the scriptures, why not think of the FRUIT this FAITH of yours is producing? Matthew 7:16-20 smiley

You gross dishonesty amazes me. Unbelief is what will take you to hell. The words are so clear. The teaching of eternal damnation is taught throughout the Bible. It's up to you to believe it or face the consequences of those who disbelieve it and refuse God's plan of salvation for their souls.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Ken4Christ: 12:19am On Sep 14, 2020
DappaD:

Ken4Christ, you quoted Psalm 18:5 to prove this your “hellfire” is an actual place where sorrow abounds abi? So are you saying the person who wrote that psalm—righteous man David, was grieving over languishing forever in a place of fiery torment? For what offense exactly? embarassed
A “man agreeable to God's heart”(1Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22) and forefather of Jesus Christ oo complaining about one “hellfire”? grin
Abeg rest before you hurt yourself mentally.

David spoke concerning Jesus prophetically and not about himself. Apostle Peter made this clear in the book of Acts;

Acts 2:25-31
25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

You may want to ask, why did Jesus go to hell?
He went on account of our sins. He had to suffer the punishment you and I were supposed to suffer so you will not need to go there. That is why John the Baptist said, 'behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.

2nd Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Re: Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls by Ken4Christ: 12:33am On Sep 14, 2020
Janosky:

Continue to console yourself with FALSE claims.
Psalms 6:4-5, what is David doing in that place, Hebrew 7585?
Job14:13-14, what is Job doing in that place, Hebrew 7585?
Who will put both men in hell @ Psalms 6:4-5 and Job14:13-14 ? grin grin
Because you have something to hide, Why have you refused to explain why your Bible use "the grave" and "hell" for Hebrew 7585 "Sheol"?

Anyhow you want to twist Hebrew 7585, that same word applies to Job , David and everyone else in the Bible, except Jehovah God & his angelic sons.
Your wishy-washy claim can't change that grin grin grin

Job wasn't there. He just wished he was there because of the affliction he was going through.

Those who Translated the Bible are humans and they were not 100% correct in all their translation. Knowledge is progressive. We know better now. Hell is not grave. Translators who translated Sheol as grave did so in error.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Arrival Of Wormwood And The Commencing Of The Battle Of Armageddon / Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days? / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For APRIL 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.