Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. (68454 Views)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Military Officer And His Fiancee Wearing Hijab / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Military Officer & His Corper Fiancee / The Girl I Am In Love With Is Dating A Military Man Who Beats Her Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by KenModi(m): 7:50am On Sep 12, 2020
saphiere:
Cry me a river.

Answer question! How is he still your love when you already moved on from him and it was months or probably years later you found out he had passed on. Why still calling him you love?

By the way, after moving on from him and he too moved on from you, wetin you still go dey find for im Facebook page; see your mouth “I wanted to chat him up”....why did you want to chat him up...?? To know if he is married and has kids already?

Na wa oo
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by dalass(f): 7:55am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:
Hmm! It is well. Military personnel are prisoners. That's how I feel. They can leave you even at mid night when duty calls.

I refused to date a military officer while in school then. Hr and his colleagues too were studying electrical electronics then. They had money, job, car, etc. I never regretted it because I don't to be widowed quickly with Naija insecurity!

Spouses of security personnel are trying oh. E no easy at all kiss
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Ebonyecstasy: 7:55am On Sep 12, 2020
Reading nd shedding tears, rip to d dead[quote][/quote]
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2020
dalass:

I refused to date a military officer while in school then. Hr and his colleagues too were studying electrical electronics then. They had money, job, car, etc. I never regretted it because I don't to be widowed quickly with Naija insecurity!

Spouses of security personnel are trying oh. E no easy at all kiss
True.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2020
KenModi:

Answer question! How is he still your love when you already moved on from him and it was months or probably years later you found out he had passed on. Why still calling him you love?

By the way, after moving on from him and he too moved on from you, wetin you still go dey find for im Facebook page; see your mouth “I wanted to chat him up”....why did you want to chat him up...?? To know if he is married and has kids already?

Na wa oo
Cry me a river.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by dalass(f): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2020
KenModi:

Na wa oo

She said he's her love, wetin concern you

You can move on but still love the person. It is possible. It was the situation that she did not like and opted out from.

FB is for keeping in touch or at least knowing that your FAF are okay... Swear if you've never checked on friends or family members you've lost touch with on social media before.

Take am easy oh.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by KenModi(m): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:
Cry me a river.

grin grin

As expected, childish response from a child.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by edo3(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Don't say what you don't know.
As much as it seems the army chaps are fighting in the North East, remember its a defense ops, which comprises Army, Navy & Airforce.

I am a Naval personel and I just came back a week ago after 18 months in ops.

In addition, go to the south and see the ops the navy is doing on sea and water bodies.

Ask the airforce the ops they do, hope you Rem that Last week too, an airforce officer was killed in Birnin Gwari kaduna.

Don't be disrespectful pse
Bros,, calm down.. What is happening in birnin gwari is show of force,, d airforce too wants 2 create relevance by creating regiment squad more or less like infantry in d army.. Moreso,, why they are involved is because that place is more or less like their territory otherwise they would av left it for army to handle as per normal normal..

Dont get me wrong o,, d regiment has been in existence,, but not fully functional.. Its when ds chief came in,, that he pumped in so much money and make it efficient so as to prove a point that its not only army that are battle ready..

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by KenModi(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2020
dalass:

She said he's her love, wetin concern you

You can move on but still love the person. It is possible. It was the situation that she did not like and opted out from.

FB is for keeping in touch or at least knowing that your FAF are okay... Swear if you've never checked on friends or family members you've lost touch with on social media before.

Take am easy oh.

Did I quote you?! Wetin concern you? Defender of matters wey no concern you.

Abeg swerve!

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Awefemik(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv.

We ain't Prisoners oo Lol..
Just that we must obey duty calls..

Painful to read that your ex is dead.. Rip to the departed.
Your signature is really touching
I wanna be a proud Nigerian army after I graduate

Bro pls can u share me your contact
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Slimtuns(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2020
eeyah.. This is so pathetic, you guys could have talked about working things out so far you two loved each other.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2020
Babaken:
This remind me of baby J as I usually call her we have been in constant relationship for 3 years but things was very rough for me back then she still stick to me trying all her efforts both in prayer and financial support i have to leave the country with the little money I have. She calls everyday writing me both on Facebook and SMS I told her that i can't be picking her call or replying her messages anymore cuz if I keep thinking of her or the things we share I can't stay or focus in the country I found myself she call and message several times no picking or replying her messages 3 months after I went to her timeline to wish her happy birthday in advance I was told she is no more that she died two days ago.
R. I. P baby J.
Hmmm. so sad! Take heart.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by SexytorresE(f): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2020
grin
Scavy:
nollywood script writer spotted

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by coldcandy: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2020
That one you can't have seems to be the sweetest....

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Sterope(f): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2020
It is a hard one especially during this unsettling times. You have to make a choice between yourself and your children or that stupid country.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by hotplate: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2020
just when i am about registering for the Nigeria Army short service commission after i read this i think I'll just rest o. what's the essence of making money when i can be around to spend it with the ones i love(my wife and children)... Truth be told if not for unemployment in nigeria with the level of insecurity nobody go wan do military work

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by skillmyman(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2020
Very touching story. I have read it several times since the first day you posted it
It is a really tough decision for you to make.

Wishing you well.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by GreatResearcher: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2020
hotplate:
just when i am about registering for the Nigeria Army short service commission after i read this i think I'll just rest o. what's the essence of making money when i can be around to spend it with the ones i love(my wife and children)... Truth be told if not for unemployment in nigeria with the level of insecurity nobody go wan do military work
If this is your motive, I advise you never to apply to any branch of service in the military especially Army.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by ilyasom(m): 8:57am On Sep 12, 2020
Thank you for your service sir
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Philipxxxx0: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2020
saphiere:
Cry me a river.
where do you base now ?
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by dalass(f): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2020
KenModi:

Did I quote you?! Wetin concern you? Defender of matters wey no concern you.

Abeg swerve!

Exactly. E no concern you too! cool
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Munzy14(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2020
bukky1994:
d matter wey dey ground be say u don start to dey collect anoda big stick person wey don die don't die
cheesy
Life goes on, In his place let another man take..

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by molbic(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

dan uwa..

Are you a student of Unimaid??
I Graduated from there ..
Thanks for for the comment/mention..
Are you really from abia state and that your friend is he from Ebonyi state
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Munzy14(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2020
utenwuson:
This girl no go kill person.....

He didn't ask for sex like most Nigerian men.... Sex just happen..... Like a thief in the night...

Hehehehe
Military officer ask you for sex? for where.... They use money to get a sister open it without begging... grin Even most don't woo face to face, drop number, and rest is history.

Na who no get money deh waste Time spinning a lady with sugar coated words.

If you doubt, ask female corps members posted to barracks... lol

Those officers know women are moved by material mostly... They will single handedly, rent, furnish and load her kitchen and bank account... In return aunty go submit jejely..cheesy

Military guys dwell mostly in Wine, women and smoking.

Anyone of them, must be attached to any of those three, if not all.... I have my goons there... Time and duty is disadvantage they av in common.

1 Share

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Albertone(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2020
Nimirayz:
Me singing : "This is super story ....alafonstrafensoro....this is super story e e e " ...
Thank u ( bows out )

A life of strife and sorrows.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Munzy14(m): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2020
ikennamadu1:
you done ever channel your mind to the facts say your actions for be the reason why him die ... undecidedyou done ever channel your mind to the facts say your actions for be the reason why him die ...
Another angle, because humans take precautions when they realize they are living to keep someone going...

If, it comes to a case the one he is living and loving moved on, it will actually birth a mindset of what I'm i living for again.... And all necessary precautions will be swept under carpet boom! death happens.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by beauty7: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:
If you are dating or ever dated a military personnel, share your experience.

Here is mine.

There's this naval officer I met years back in Port Harcourt. We were sitting opposite each other in a wedding reception but from a distance. The way he was looking at me, I knew he had something to tell me. He was very neat from head to toe. I love neat and smart people. I guess that was what made be fell easily for him.

He was a shy type. He couldn't even approached me. So he gave someone his number to give me. Immediately the piece of paper where he wrote his number was handed over to me, he left his seat. I didn't see him again till I left the venue.
Some days passed, I call his number and he picked. We started talking till we became more familiar and wanted something more so we dated.
He was every caring.

The first day he invited me to his house, I thought he will demand for sex like most Nigerian men do but to my surprise he didn't.
Throughout my dating time with him, he never requested for sex. Sex would just happened.
The way he showered me love made me became so emotionally attached to him.
There were moments I could not go a day without setting my eyes on him. He was so meek and down to earth.He told me if he wasn't in the military he would be a pastor.

After months of dating him, trouble set in. He wasn't having time for me anymore due to the nature of his work. I was in a relationship but I was lonely. He will go for months and I won't hear from him.

There was a time he told me he was going for two weeks operation and after two weeks he will be back.

Two weeks came and gone I didn't hear from my love. A month came and gone still didn't hear from him. After 3 months I heard a news that militants attacked Nigerian Naval officers I knew my love was among them. I would cry myself to sleep. I later put myself together and moved on.

Two years later he called me. I was shocked. I didn't believe he was the one so I requested to see him in person. He came all the way to PH. When I saw him at first, I wanted to run because I thought he was his ghost. He proved to me that he was real and not a ghost then told me everything that happened.

Right there I told him I've moved on and I can't continue again. He knelt down and begged me to marry him I told him I can't. That he is not always around me.

He left that day in tears. I unfriend him on my Facebook and he didn't bug me like most Nigerian men would do after telling them it's over they still come to your inbox disturbing you. He was so so cool and a quiet type.

Today I went to Facebook, I just decided to chat him up. I was shocked by what I saw on his timeline.

Rest on my love.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by tasceige(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2020
Thank you for your service boss.
God bless, be and keep you safe at all time.

ABANGWABOI:
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

You just brought back memories
Lost the best woman ever for me coz of my job..
There wasa time i spent roughly 3 years in the jungle.. travelling just thrice within the period..
Babe, thought Boko haram dn kill me finish..jungle wey network to make call no even dey sef..
Didn't blame her for moving on..

Halima, anywhere you are.. You are a beautiful soul... If i could turn back the hands of time, would have married you in 2012.. my son would have been 8 yrs old by now..
It is well thou..

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by OscarJaden(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol na my bestie n I were hitching a ride at like near four am and he was passenger in a taxi n told the driver to stop n pick us up. He was drinking alcohol n seemed like someone had just broke his heart. Lol but I have never forgotten that guys facegrin
lol...

alright then

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Clean2016: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2020
ABANGWABOI:
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

You just brought back memories
Lost the best woman ever for me coz of my job..
There wasa time i spent roughly 3 years in the jungle.. travelling just thrice within the period..
Babe, thought Boko haram dn kill me finish..jungle wey network to make call no even dey sef..
Didn't blame her for moving on..

Halima, anywhere you are.. You are a beautiful soul... If i could turn back the hands of time, would have married you in 2012.. my son would have been 8 yrs old by now..
It is well thou..

Am proud of you, respect for the Armed forces Everytime.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by RTSC: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2020
If he didnt ask for sex, how did sex happen?

You people just removed your clothes at the same?
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:21am On Sep 12, 2020
edo3:
Bros,, calm down.. What is happening in birnin gwari is show of force,, d airforce too wants 2 create relevance by creating regiment squad more or less like infantry in d army.. Moreso,, why they are involved is because that place is more or less like their territory otherwise they would av left it for army to handle as per normal normal..

Dont get me wrong o,, d regiment has been in existence,, but not fully functional.. Its when ds chief came in,, that he pumped in so much money and make it efficient so as to prove a point that its not only army that are battle ready..

There's nothing like as per normal normal. The role of each of the arms of service differ. During the militancy, it started as a Navy Affair, before the Army was invited, and towards the tail end, Airforce came in. Even at that, the role of the Airforce was restricted to providing air support to the NN and Army. While we were suffering in the creeks without provision for food or water, the Airforce guys were relaxing in their base, and were only called in when necessary, which made one of my colleagues lament, "Oboy, e be like sey this Navy wey I join na mistake o. We dey here dey suffer and Airforce dey take laushi, las las, na the same Alawee we go collect."

The Army is more involved in the NE because of the nature of the conflict. The Navy and Airforce are not left out too. As I type this, my cousin, who happens to be my junior in the service is in the NE. He has been there for more than 18 months. During my time in the Navy, I know how many guys we lost in Jos and Maiduguri. Even now, we're still losing men in the NE. Hardly a week goes by without me typing RIP on a page of a friend who died in NE.

I do not blame those who think only the Army is exposed to risk in the NE. The reason is, since everyone wears the same uniform, it's hard to tell who is Army and who is not. Don't tell me Navy and Airforce just started wearing camo. Before now, the same camo is issued to all personnel (Army, Navy or Airforce) deployed to the NE.

Even as terrible as things are in the NE, we still have people in the Army who have not had reasons to carry rifles for the past several years. Even in a full blown war, not every soldier fights.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Couple In School Uniform / I Am 31 But Never Had Sex Before, Am I Okay? / 30 Funny Pictures Of Robert Mugabe And Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.