Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock (2125 Views)

Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / How Do You Gain Complete Custody Of A Child Born Out Of Wedlock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 12, 2020
Guys, I impregnated a girl but I couldn't marry the girl. While the girl was carrying the pregnancy, the parents demanded that I should settle their daughter and go my way. Initially I refused but I later on gave them 400k for the child upkeep and everything. Now it has been 2 months since after the child was born. The last time I went there to visit the child, the parents spoke rudely to me and walked me out of their house and told me never to come back. This happened in Anambra.
I know the tradition but the only thing I am asking is visitation rights to the child. I am not taking the child or whatever. I want to sue them to court to request for visitation right. Do I stand a chance of winning the case?
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by solmusdesigns: 3:54am On Sep 12, 2020
Before taking them to a family court try exhaust all diplomatic options like sending some elderly people to them to negotiate terms of your visitation

3 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by SweetCunt97(f): 4:30am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
Guys, I impregnated a girl but I couldn't marry the girl. While the girl was carrying the pregnancy, the parents demanded that I should settle their daughter and go my way. Initially I refused but I later on gave them 400k for the child upkeep and everything. Now it has been 2 months since after the child was born. The last time I went there to visit the child, the parents spoke rudely to me and walked me out of their house and told me never to come back. This happened in Anambra.
I know the tradition but the only thing I am asking is visitation rights to the child. I am not taking the child or whatever. I want to sue them to court to request for visitation right. Do I stand a chance of winning the case?
Visitation right but you'll b dropping monthly support for the baby. Abi the 400k is all you'll give for the baby?

1 Like

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Saintmary(f): 4:33am On Sep 12, 2020
And........
Who will enforce your "visitation rights" for you?
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 12, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Visitation right but you'll b dropping monthly support for the baby. Abi the 400k is all you'll give for the baby?
that one no be the problem, I will do it

1 Like

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 12, 2020
solmusdesigns:
Before taking them to a family court try exhaust all diplomatic options like sending some elderly people to them to negotiate terms of your visitation
I have exhausted it.
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by solmusdesigns: 4:48am On Sep 12, 2020
Saintmary:
And........
Who will enforce your "visitation rights" for you?

Court Baillif
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by LadySarah: 5:02am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
I have exhausted it.

Is the mum above 18?was the sex consensual? Why were you told to pay and move on and why is she not good for marriage.

Don't forget to come around your child biko? You are the father and needs your love n presence.

The lawyers will advice you
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by frozen70(f): 5:08am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:

If at this infant age you as the father of the child you want to start suing them that means you don't have the ability to tolerate things

Even if you don't want their daughter dialogue with them and they will give you access

They are pained already how do you want them to cooperate with you

11 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 12, 2020
There are some crazy things I did which I later regret though. Initially i said the child should be aborted and when she was pregnant and the parents dropped their child at my house, i made her life a living hell and they have to come and take her and request for the settlement whilst I go my way. Now I regret my actions and I want the visitation right to the child.
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by mariahAngel(f): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
There are some crazy things I did which I later regret though. Initially i said the child should be aborted and when she was pregnant and the parents dropped their child at my house, i made her life a living hell and they have to come and take her and request for the settlement whilst I go my way. Now I regret my actions and I want the visitation right to the child.

Marry her, then you can have all the rights to your child you destiny ruiner!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by descarado: 7:55am On Sep 12, 2020
What's your tribe?

1 Like

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Petyr1: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
i thought the parents were at fault but this your story shows that you Bleep up big time.
When you know you are not ready why impregnating her

4 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Klass99(f): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2020
I have heard all of you, as if the persons criticizing me are perfect. Some may even be worst than me. Which ever way I am going to court, if the court grants me visitation rights, then fine. If they don't, I move on. This family really intimidated me, now is the time to show them I am not a small boy. They will pay legal fees and they go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by crackhaus: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
If visitation means that much to you and you have exhausted all avenue to reason with her parents, then take it to court.

You will spend some money though.
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 12, 2020
crackhaus:

If visitation means that much to you and you have exhausted all avenue to reason with her parents, then take it to court.

You will spend some money though.
I don't care how much I will spend, so long I get what I want. The family think they can shut the door on me after all the money I spent and all that.
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by crackhaus: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
I don't care how much I will spend, so long I get what I want. The family think they can shut the door on me after all the money I spent and all that.
Don't take this argument to court.

What you intend doing should ONLY be because you want to be in your child's life, nothing else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Aimerosa25(f): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:
something is wrong with u, u rejected the child and now u want to play daddy, if she followed your attitude and aborted the child, will u be here arguing for visiting rights?

12 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Irebamie: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2020
Just hear yourself out? Anyways, I don't blame you. It was all the girl's fault for making her self a tossing ball before an agbero like you.

No sensible and self worth lady will sleep with someone like you not to even think of having a child for you.

You are crying to see the baby now, have you ever for once think about all the harsh treatment you put the lady and parents too? When you were doing your own, they didn't shout o, now the table has turned, you're ranting. Take it to court and let see the outcome na.

What you need to do is to calm down now, keep on being friendly with the family, be doing the needful for the child. Very soon, they will calm down and everyone will be at peace.

Moral of the lesson: Always treat people the way you will want to be treated. Table can turn anytime.

9 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Theyoungmatron: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Make he take am to court na. The biased Nigerian magistrate will help the family to frustrate the remaining heck out of his miserable life
crackhaus:

What you intend doing should be ONLY because you want to be in your child's life, nothing else.

9 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by cococandy(f): 11:40am On Sep 12, 2020
You know many of you guys are big proponents of african culture and traditions only when it suits you.
Personally. Personally? I think you have a right to see your child since it’s your blood.

But traditionally speaking, their culture is big on marriage. With you hovering around as a baby daddy to that child, you’re forever present in that lady’s life which has the effect of scaring other men away. To them, that’s way more important. They don’t want you around scaring away potential suitors. It’s one thing to have a baby out of wedlock, it’s another for the guy to be around in the lady’s life. It should be a good thing but guys can’t even tolerate that grin

This shouldn’t matter in a world where folks reason with their reasoning boxes. The man with whom she ends up should be able to understand that the child needs to have a relationship with their father and that doesn’t mean the mom is still having anything with you.

But you OP probably can’t marry someone whose baby daddy is present in her life. Ask yourself why it’s difficult for you to understand where they are coming from. The inability of folks to put themselves in others’ shoes ehn.

Well whatever you do, I support you getting to know your kid. Choose the path of least resistance.

12 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by descarado: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
crackhaus:

What you intend doing should be ONLY because you want to be in your child's life, nothing else.
cheesy cheesy
The guy got no case. I was feeling for him until I read some of his explanations. Also, what Cococandy said is fact. Don't perch around. Either U are in or out. That's the culture.

Maybe he has a lawyer friend. Who knows grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by descarado: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
Aimerosa25:
something is wrong with u, u rejected the child and now u want to play daddy, if she followed your attitude and aborted the child, will u be here arguing for visiting rights?
He said he has repented yet want to take the parents to court cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Saintmary(f): 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Court Baillif
Update us abeg
Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by mariahAngel(f): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
[s]
Nwaotu:
I have heard all of you, as if the persons criticizing me are perfect. Some may even be worst than me. Which ever way I am going to court, if the court grants me visitation rights, then fine. If they don't, I move on. This family really intimidated me, now is the time to show them I am not a small boy. They will pay legal fees and they go hear am.
[/s]

Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen! You tink say na by boasting? You never see anything o!

Now, you want pity? Did you pity the poor girl your wicked self impregnated when you made life miserable for her, added to the humiliation she had to go through for getting pregnant out of wedlock?
Now, you want her baby? Why? Because you're a sperm donor?
A baby you never wanted initially? Mumu! Come collect pikin na...
I hope they release their dog on you the next time your wicked self approaches their gate!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by LadySarah: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:

You need to be dealt with. If she had died from your abuse while she lived with you or aborted the foetus! what will you be dragging.

7 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by cococandy(f): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nwaotu:

I think you’re a troll.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped wasting my energy on all these thousand and one concocted tales that keep swarming this section on the daily.

12 Likes

Re: Visitation Rights To A Child Born Out Of Wedlock by Hathor5(f): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
cococandy:

I think you’re a troll.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped wasting my energy on all these thousand and one concocted tales that keep swarming this section on the daily.

Troll or not you have passed an important message so your energy is not completely wasted. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me, I'm Been Intimidated By Men Of The Nigerian Army / Wish Your Loved Nairalanders A Merry Xmas And Happy Newyear Through A Voicenote / HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.