Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? (8544 Views)

You Follow CHRIST When You Do HIS Will / Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? / What Does It Take To Follow Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by obonujoker(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
What Christ meant is don't allow things of this world make you lose focus of your soul's salvation

2 Likes

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Ezekiel36vs28: 12:29am On Sep 19, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

Okay oh!! I hear you.

Enjoy yourself in your delusions since you don't know but don't want to learn from those who do.
I would have celebrated you if you knew and understood scriptures as you were supposed to know.Then would I have been drawn to you to be deepened and sharpened the more because the deep must call to the deep and iron must sharpen iron.But you are neither of these things but rather a heretic sir.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:49am On Sep 19, 2020
Ezekiel36vs28:
I would have celebrated you if you knew and understood scriptures as you were supposed to know.Then would I have been drawn to you to be deepened and sharpened the more because the deep must call to the deep and iron must sharpen iron.But you are neither of these things but rather a heretic sir.
Lol!

So now that the thoughts of your heart concerning me has been revealed, can you now please move on sir?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Ezekiel36vs28: 4:00am On Sep 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

So now that the thoughts of your heart concerning me has been revealed, can you now please move on sir?

Thank you very much.
That is God’s declaration concerning you.Thanks
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by dammylarey(m): 5:00am On Sep 20, 2020
Misconception... Jesus Christ always speaking in parables.

In relation to the meanings of;

Luke 14:33 - In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

Philippians 3:7-8 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ...

We need to be in total submission to God (physically and spiritually).
May God help us. Amen.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by orisa37: 6:30am On Sep 20, 2020
YES. YOU CANNOT WORSHIP GOD AND MAMMON
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 20, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Truefaith: 9:26am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes.

Even a poor man must give all he has

Luk_14:26  If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk_14:27  And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luk_14:33  So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Christ asked men to repent and believe the gospel the day they read/hear of Him

Have you checked the truths in these of late?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHMzgNU-unyJbOvJWYYqjwg/videos?

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
[/b]
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by aragon4realz(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2020
no... for candy crush lovers see how to get unlimited lives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9QVLxdZZJ8
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Holorunfemmy(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2020
Is this not the righteousness we know on this NL.?� grin .. So you don't had this to your righteousness?? angry may God help you ooo
Righteousnesss8:

Your papa..
Ajoke oniranu
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Myer(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2020
onenaija001:
Hi guys, I am still curious about what Christ told the young rich man about selling all he has and giving to the poor in Matthew 19:16-30, Mark 10:17-31, and Luke 18:18-30?

I brought this up because some Churches always bring these bible passages up, while others say Christ is not poor so Christians are not supposed to be poor.

That what the bible and Jesus said.
Which is why rich people find it difficult to be Christian's.

In fact the moment you become rich, you will see why the bible said it is more difficult for a rich man to enter heaven than enter the eye of a needle.

That's why all these prosperity preachers must be followers of another christ and not Jesus Christ.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Awoo88: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2020
No!!! Worldly possession does not make anyone unqualified. It is the love/lust for the possession that derail someone walk with Christ

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Grandmeister(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2020
You must be ready and willing to give all your material wealth..but yes, a rich man can make heaven..when the disciples of Christ asked him “then who can be saved” he answered that with God ALL things are possible..meaning it’s very possible for a rich man to make heaven..zacchaeus was rich by some standards but Christ came and dined and wined in his home didn’t he? What about the centurion who Christ said had the most faith in all of Israel?
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2020
Jesus is Lord cheesy

thank you, sir. ❤

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by UgojiC(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2020
onenaija001:
Hi guys, I am still curious about what Christ told the young rich man about selling all he has and giving to the poor in Matthew 19:16-30, Mark 10:17-31, and Luke 18:18-30?

I brought this up because some Churches always bring these bible passages up, while others say Christ is not poor so Christians are not supposed to be poor.

No, in my understanding that passage of the Bible is just a reminder to responsible use of wealth. We should not amass wealth at the expense of the poor but rather help the poor.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Golan007: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2020
They like the things of the world and overlook a direct teaching from Jesus.

The other day Pastor Chris claimed rapture would be here between 7 and 10 years but watch him acquire 2027 Maybach.

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by ohosi4real(m): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2020
Bible is a village of his own large to understand. the work of holy spirit God will open our understanding
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by incogni2o: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Yes he must if he just doesn't want to be saved to enter into the kingdom of God in heaven, but also that which is on Earth.

It doesn't necessarily mean a rich man literally forsaking all his riches, but to forsake it mentally.

To illustrate, Abraham didn't need to literally sacrifice Isaac to God, but he would have done it had God not stopped him to show that he'd already sacrificed him mentally, so doing it literally would just be a mere formality. Hence God rewarded him for obeying His voice despite the fact that he didn't literally sacrifice his son as God had instructed him to do.

That mentality is what all God requires from anyone who wants to enter into His kingdom on Earth, and i wouldn't be surprised if Jesus had stopped the rich young man from doing it literally as God did in the instance of Abraham, if he had also shown that mentality of the kingdom of God.

This is the mentality all of His apostles had, so for anyone to truly become one, he must have that.

Jesus said, it's almost impossible for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God on Earth because they hardly have that mentality which it requires.

God bless.

Great Answer
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by mannyiyke: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
And yet you kept saying I should read such trash again, again, again and again.... You're not obviously not being honest here, for there was a certainly a connection between the views of the two posts even if you deny it.

I don't have a problem if you agree with the guy, but my grouse is why not just speak for yourself, because I'm not you, and I don't reason the way you do, so because you value and appreciate something doesn't mean I would feel the same way about it, in fact i may view it as trash.

So please next time try and understand that everyone is entitled to his own view, even if you don't agree with it. As you can see, even though i disagreed with the guy, I told him he's free to continue on his ignorant path since that's what he chose. So please feel free to do the same.
Ignore them. You made salient points.

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by olowo1930: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes sir, all your ignorance behaviour.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by semyman: 9:41am On Sep 20, 2020
In today's Christianity the reverse seems to be the order of the day.
They now want to take everything from you and have everything including private jets to show that they are following Christ.

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Romangalactic(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2020
Am comin,let's ask papa Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by samsy5460(m): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2020
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=94029617]Yes he must if he just doesn't want to be saved to enter into the kingdom of God in heaven, but also that which is on Earth.

It doesn't necessarily mean a rich man literally forsaking all his riches, but to forsake it mentally.

To illustrate, Abraham didn't need to literally sacrifice Isaac to God, but he would have done it had God not stopped him to show that he'd already sacrificed him mentally, so doing it literally would just be a mere formality. Hence God rewarded him for obeying His voice despite the fact that he didn't literally sacrifice his son as God had instructed him to do.

Right there is your all in all answer.
When you become born again, you automatically seize to be a worshipper of your material wealth. Which most certainly can hinder your growth with the things of the Spirit. Simply put, when you confess Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life it includes all that you are and owned.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Demainman1: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2020
Follow christ to where?

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by 2cribz: 9:44am On Sep 20, 2020
Can u ask dangote that question. We too carry religion for head. Africa is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by victorazyvictor(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2020
onenaija001:

It means the wealth didn't come from God. God don't share room with anything.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2020
If God makes a man rich....how can the same God tell the man to forfeit or give all he has out before he can enter his kingdom?

What I believe Christ was explaining to the rich man should be the extent of practical faith which he needs to posses before entering the kingdom of God....

Christ gave him the mental picture of what it is like to enter his kingdom which is to look onto God and not the wealth of the world or rather.....

Never allow the wealth of the world make your mindset to deviate from the focus of salvation
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by lomprico(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2020
Missyajoke:

How is it trash? He only asked a question.

the guy the reason him tithe ni grin

he was buy gulfstream III
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Codes151(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2020
A rich man is different from someone that is comfortable.

I have read about an American who on his old age gave his wealth to charity.
Re: Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? by Codes151(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
If God makes a man rich....how can the same God tell the man to forfeit or give all he has out before he can enter his kingdom?

What I believe Christ was explaining to the rich man should be the extent of practical faith which he needs to posses before entering the kingdom of God....

Christ gave him the mental picture of what it is like to enter his kingdom which is to look onto God and not the wealth of the world or rather.....

Never allow the wealth of the world make your mindset to deviate from the focus of salvation

God makes people rich to help others. That’s my believe. You give out ur riches by helping, educating and supporting the poor. Not necessarily the context

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians / Question For Believers / How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.