Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” (65623 Views)

Aunty Chioma Avrily Stop Attacking Everybody Because Of Davido Please / It's Official: Davido And His Billionaire Uncle Make Peace & Hug At His Lawyer W / It's Official : Davido Is Thebrand Ambassador For Infinix Nig. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2020
solmus:
cool

Nigerian airport staffs and chronic begging

From top to bottom, faan to private organizations in every department begging is a part of them. Hailings, filling forms n ticketing, bag carrying luggage pushing and even waiting around u so that u may send them on little errands n most likely tip them. Some organizations even encourage it as they have special supervisors who cover for them when dey go begging hustling after which they submit copies (percentages) to him. Na mad structure. Worked there before and had to adapt by looking the other way when junior staffs dey hustle. Some secure any job available no matter how low just to be able to carry out their begging hustle.
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by ABIAman4Chino: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2020
vickydevoka:

See me see person o. Dem force you, abi de tire rope for your hand. Abeg leave Dem jor. If na ur brother u no go talk lyk dis
Is not by force, there is what we call work ethics.. The can't go about begging, is embarrassing and breech of confidentiality as if they are not paid.. If they want to beg they should resign their jobs and take up full time begging in the street and we will see them as less privileged as such
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by ndiri(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2020
post=94039248:
Reports!

The man who works at the airport that Nigerian singer, Davido tipped $100 in a video that went viral some few days ago have cried out on social media begging for Davido’s intervention after he was sacked, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , The airport official who identity is yet to be known was allegedly sacked from work for defying the ethics of the profession which is taking money from customers.

According to him in a video chanced on by .com, he was relieved of his post by management for begging a passenger for money and has cried out to Davido to tell his employers he did not beg them.

The distressed man who claims has children and a wife said he did not beg him but only hailed Davido whereby on his own will gave him the money, Reports.

Watch The Video As Obtained By Below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFNgh08MEmA/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=0460F7B5-CC45-4103-A16D-85F426547799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZlCZpyR8I
Guys learn how to mind your business.
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by ecomalchemist(m): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Nigerians and begging culture is a course that should be studied in the University.

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by AndikanEssien(m): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Him come de beg Davido help beg people se him no beg am grin
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2020
mystiquerebirth:
Mumu...That's a word for folly.

You've shown little or no wisdom in your bitterness at a man who is consistent with his beliefs and values.

What are your beliefs in life? Have you been consistent in your pursuit of your life purpose and ambitions?

If you've been consistent and productively engaged, you would appreciate a man of consistency.

na you sabi lipsrsealed
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by derbykol(f): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
solmus:
cool

Nigerian airport staffs and chronic begging

Not only airport staff,it is everywhere, especially in state and federal owned organizations.

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by derbykol(f): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
Miniso:
those guys working at the airport can beg ehh undecided
Plus government workers
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by dalass(f): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
GreyLaw:

He shouldn't have collected that money. However, please you'll do well to understand what bribe is. What he collected was a tip, it is quite different from bribe.

Tip grin
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by PeaceNexus(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2020
All of them beg the hell out of people in all Nigeria airports. An experience I had at Abuja airport, dude ceased my Wonderful perfume and turned around to ask me for something.... the kind eye whey I look am ehhn...
post=94039248:
Reports!

The man who works at the airport that Nigerian singer, Davido tipped $100 in a video that went viral some few days ago have cried out on social media begging for Davido’s intervention after he was sacked, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , The airport official who identity is yet to be known was allegedly sacked from work for defying the ethics of the profession which is taking money from customers.

According to him in a video chanced on by .com, he was relieved of his post by management for begging a passenger for money and has cried out to Davido to tell his employers he did not beg them.

The distressed man who claims has children and a wife said he did not beg him but only hailed Davido whereby on his own will gave him the money, Reports.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFNgh08MEmA/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=0460F7B5-CC45-4103-A16D-85F426547799

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by bighorlus(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
Funny , going by the way this guy was sacked then it means all Nigerias customs, immigrantion and Ndlea staffs at the airport needs to be sacked. Those people can be so irritating the way they beg and try to get money out of your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by luluman: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
kessling:
If you didn't hail him he would probably not have noticed you. Hailing na guy man way of begging.
He shouldn't be sacked though
All correct.

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by luluman: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2020
tillaman:
He didn’t steal after all, it was given to him willingly by Davido so what’s the big deal
Every organization has it's own rules. If they said don't accept tips then dont ACCEPT.
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by deltateam: 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
kessling:
If you didn't hail him he would probably not have noticed you. Hailing na guy man way of begging.

True that. Most security men are fond of it. Maybe their pay isn't sufficient.

$100 for job? Sounds ridiculous. Maybe OBO will compensate him or set him up big time.
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by TheSoothSayer(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
mbahdi:
How I wish same treatment will be also melted to bank domestic workers.those niggas can beg for africa.because of them I no dey go bank again,I kukuma dey use pos jeje.u go pos very fast and easy u do ur thing for 200# or 300#.you go bank,after waisting your time and standing you still come and pay not less Dan 500# to bank security's.rubbish

Them no point gun for your head na. All you have to do is politely decline or say 'no worry, next time. No be by force.

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by 001spice: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2020
Dnt worry David will show u love but getting back ur job is not wat am not sure of
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Originalsly: 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
tillaman:

He didn’t steal after all, it was given to him willingly by Davido so what’s the big deal

He is not supposed to receive money or gifts from passengers period. They need to fire more employees and only then travellers may pass through the airports hustle free .... like soooo most other countries.
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by pocohantas(f): 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
tot:

It's a very terrible culture. People who are employed still begging, what happened to contentment? I have never seen such shameless level of begging anywhere else but in Nigeria. Airports are the first impression a visitor to this country will have. It needs to be addressed ASAP.

It is becoming embarrassing!! The one that makes me mad should be the ones stationed in the toilet. Standing there offering to help me with tissue paper or hand-soap. Put the damn tissue on a holder, I’ll get it myself!

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Bennysam: 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
tillaman:
That's why you all mess up anywhere you go, work ethic there said don't collect money from anybody whether dash or whatever, that's how they dustub passengers,

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
I am glad we have Nigerians like you. I love your comment. Spot on!

Adeedris:
I don't like the fact that he lost his means of livelihood, but his employers did the right thing.

When you hear that a civil servant is in a 'lucrative' spot, it means that he has the opportunity to either steal or beg for money.

Even in the event of gratification given to an employee as a result of their service, it is imperative that they report such to their superiors, but this country is crazy. Nothing works perfectly.

Yoruba have an expression for corporate begging, ' fine bara'

2 Likes

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by femi4: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
kessling:
you don't beg, you don't accept a gift. If you break any of those rules....you are gone

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Reptyle(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
post=94039248:
Reports!

Sadly, whether he begged for the tip or not, ethically, he should not have received a gift given to you while on duty. He should have simply said NO!

In my workplace, people get fired for receiving common Christmas hampers freely given by customers. Gifts like this could lead to unnecessary conflicts of interest.

But if they really want to enforce this policy, half of all Nigeria airport workers and infact, more than half of the entire civil service will lose their jobs because a lot of them are guilty of this misbehaviour.

1 Like

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by writeprof(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I pity his situation but airport officials are known to beg prominent personalities and foreign nationals for handout always. This puts a major dent on our image

THEY BEG EVERYBODY AND ANYBODY, SO FAR YOU'RE TRAVELLING. IT'S AN EYESORE!

3 Likes

Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by JIMMY1393: 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
Iyoocartel:

Iyoooo cartel

Iyoo catel is not a state in Nigeria undecided
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by kessling: 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
femi4:
you don't beg, you don't accept a gift. If you break any of those rules....you are gone

But these senior officials are worse than their juniors.They just 'code' theirs. I've been there
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by Solatium(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
post=94039248:
Reports!

Must Everything be on the Gram?
including giving charity?
You have someone money and you made that public
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by macaranta(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's Terrible!
In other words a Gift of $100 from Davido got Him Sacked!

I begin to look at the Similarities between this and many humans today!

Many have lost Eternal Life because of so called gifts..

Many Have lost Eternal Life because of Vanities of Life that was In Detriment to their souls..

Nothing is worth losing your Salvation for..

LOL you have a way of turning every post into a righteousness sermon cheesy
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by walozanga(m): 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
How many police men una done sack wey dey collect 50 naira from motorists
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by tot(f): 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
pocohantas:

It is becoming embarrassing!! The one that makes me mad should be the ones stationed in the toilet. Standing there offering to help me with tissue paper or hand-soap. Put the damn tissue on a holder, I’ll get it myself!

Hahaha cheesy
I really don't know how we got to this point honestly.
Re: Airport Official: “Davido, Please Tell Them I Did Not Beg You” by joxxy01(m): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
Righteosness89:

Trash Foolish post Hypocrisy will kii youundecided
You only fake Originals, Even the Devil fake Miracles, I am not surprised by you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Says: "I Am Not A Lesbian" As She Touches Her Friend's Chest / Hushpuppi: "I Give This Idiot 100,000 Without Doing Any Work For Me" (video) / Linda Ikeji: The Kind Of Man I Want To Marry (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.