Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate (5951 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Given €12,000 Fine For Incitement To Hatred Against Ex-membe / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:41am On Sep 27, 2020
sagieramos:

grin grin grin grin
Guy no dey believe everything you hear

Hellfire apologists have filled his heart with lots of fables and nightmares! 2Timothy 4:4 smiley
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:00am On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

I'm a mother, advanced in age, so if you're on chat with me you should try not to digress from the main point. You're not answering the above questions on KJV's rendering of the divine name as LORD which has led most readers to a wrong conclusion and confusion on quotations having to do with Jehovah and Jesus differently, it's ok let's leave it at that!

Hmmmmmmmm ìyá ajérìí! smiley
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by rottennaija(m): 6:19am On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

I'm a mother, advanced in age, so if you're on chat with me you should try not to digress from the main point. You're not answering the above questions on KJV's rendering of the divine name as LORD which has led most readers to a wrong conclusion and confusion on quotations having to do with Jehovah and Jesus differently, it's ok let's leave it at that!

@bolded. Obviously, I am unaware of it. But if you say you are what you are, with advance age and the ability to stay in technology, I admire you and I really respect that. I'm a young man. In my early 30s.

From your response, it's obvious you didn't read the screenshot. It would have saved me the stress of having to explain many things. But I'll try to keep it simple.

Here is KJV (meanwhile, I'm not limited to it)
Joel 2:32 Then whoever calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. Those who escape will be on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem. Among the survivors will be those whom the LORD calls, as the LORD has promised.

Did you see the LORD? All caps?

Here is Ro 10:13, still KJV
Romans 10:13 So then, "Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Did you see the Lord? Not all caps. So what are you saying? Is the name Jesus not the name Jehovah gave so that all who call his name should get save?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 7:35am On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

It's because you're not interested in the truth!

Evangelist refers to all members of the Christian congregation, you must take part in the evangelizing no matter who you are, Pastors means those taking the lead in each congregation, Prophets are those helping people to understand the prophetic messenges in God's word, Teachers are those teaching within the congregation, Apostles are those whose orders all members of the congregation globally must obey!
Jehovah's Witnesses have all of these in their group but they don't attach the titles to names of those taking the offices.

I agree that every christian should one way or another evangelise by being witnesses. But is it in the bible that those who don't evangelise won't make heaven?

That's the basis of the argument here.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 7:39am On Sep 27, 2020
DappaD:

From we can draw from Ephesians 4:8,11-12, when Christ ascended to heaven, the holy spirit came upon his disciples and assigned
some of them prophets, some apostles, some evangelizers, some shepherds and some teachers. All of them in one way or another preached about the good news of God's Kingdom and built up the Christian congregation.
There were territories where the good news hadn't been preached yet, so the evanglizers were assigned to preach and teach extensively in those areas and when new disciples were made, the shepherds(the elders) and the teachers took over from there to guide such ones to spiritual maturity.
It's just the usual “Paul planted, Apollos watered” mechanism.—1Corinthians 3:6
That's to show that all of Jesus' disciples are to PREACH and TEACH. (Matthew 28:19,20)
Today, holy spirit no longer appoints Christian men to be prophets because those roles and gifts were done away after the first century. [1Corinthians 13:8]

Lol And the Holyspirit personally told you that he has done away with it?
Who decided that whixh is perfect has come? (1 Corinthians 13:cool.
Where then is the perfection if you can share?

Or it just sounds more convenient since your leaders could not prophecy or perform any healing. So they gave the verse their own interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by DappaD: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2020

Myer:

Lol And the Holyspirit personally told you that he has done away with it?
Who decided that which is perfect has come? (1 Corinthians 13:8 ).
Where then is the perfection if you can share?
Or it just sounds more convenient since your leaders could not prophecy or perform any healing. So they gave the verse their own interpretation.

The Bible is that perfect knowledge.
With the Bible complete, there is NO need for prophecy since everything we need to know about the future is recorded in it.
The other miraculous gifts of the spirit—healing, tongues, interpretations served their purpose in the first century.
Then, the Christian congregation was still at infancy, so they needed the miraculous gifts of holy spirit to advance to maturity.

So, the gifts of holy spirit were to become ineffective in the first century, but the qualities to remain amongst the Christians were faith, hope and love.(1Corinthians 13:13)
That's even why apostle Paul wrote to Timothy to drink alcohol to cure his ailments. (1Timothy 5:23)

The most important work Jesus gave to his disciples was preaching and teaching about the good news of God's Kingdom. (Matthew 24:14, 28:19,20; Mark 13:10, Acts 1:8 )
So it is very evident that God's holy spirit is working in that only group carrying out this task—Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jehovah has given some measure of his holy spirit to his people to bear witness concerning the truth and to cultivate fruits of the spirit.(Galatians 5:22-23)

Your pastors and churchgoer friends who would always castigate JW's for incessantly preaching about God's Kingdom are more concerned with powerful works.
Jesus knew that in the last days, that is, our time, people would perform many powerful signs and wonders, even prophesying, casting out demons and healing the sick—and that they would ascribe it to the name of Jesus, but he[Jesus] since it didn't originate with God's holy spirit, would deny them flat by saying “Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!”—Matthew 7:22-23, 24:11,24)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2020
rottennaija:

@bolded. Obviously, I am unaware of it. But if you say you are what you are, with advance age and the ability to stay in technology, I admire you and I really respect that. I'm a young man. In my early 30s.

From your response, it's obvious you didn't read the screenshot. It would have saved me the stress of having to explain many things. But I'll try to keep it simple.

Joel 2:32 Then whoever calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. Those who escape will be on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem. Among the survivors will be those whom the LORD calls, as the LORD has promised.

Did you see the Lord? Not all caps. So what are you saying? Is the name Jesus not the name Jehovah gave so that all who call his name should get save?

That's why the NWT is ideal for all Bible students to fully understand God's inspired word today!

The interpreters of KJV were Trinitarians that's why it was difficult for them to get that text right, if we're to go by what Paul quoted from the OT, the KJV supposed to use capital letters in their rendering @ Romans 10:13, because Paul quoted Joel 2:32 where the KJV used capital all through!
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2020
Myer:

I agree that every christian should one way or another evangelise by being witnesses. But is it in the bible that those who don't evangelise won't make heaven?
That's the basis of the argument here.

Going by what Jesus discussed with the mother of James and John @ Matt 20:20-23, he asked both brothers if they're prepared to face the same experience he is about to face, they both responded positively, then Jesus said "surely you will experience the same, but to rule with me is not my own making but that of my father"
What Jesus was about to face is persecution due to his preaching and teaching so James and John can't experience the same if they're not preaching and teaching publicly like Jesus, note that the Sanhedrin strictly warned Jesus' disciples to stop preaching and teaching [Act 4:18, 5:28] they even humiliated them by ordering them to be flogged [Act 5:40]
Surely nobody can make heaven (being part of Jesus' corulers) without public preaching and teaching and at the same time nobody can be recognized as Jesus' disciples without boldly preaching and teaching publicly! Matt 10:33
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Going by what Jesus discussed with the mother of James and John @ Matt 20:20-23, he asked both brothers if they're prepared to face the same experience he is about to face, they both responded positively, then Jesus said "surely you will experience the same, but to rule with me is not my own making but that of my father"
What Jesus was about to face is persecution due to his preaching and teaching so James and John can't experience the same if they're not preaching and teaching publicly like Jesus, note that the Sanhedrin strictly warned Jesus' disciples to stop preaching and teaching [Act 4:18, 5:28] they even humiliated them by ordering them to be flogged [Act 5:40]
Surely nobody can make heaven (being part of Jesus' corulers) without public preaching and teaching and at the same time nobody can be recognized as Jesus' disciples without boldly preaching and teaching publicly! Matt 10:33

Those were Apostles not all the disciples sir.
They did not do it because it was a condition for heaven. They did it cos it was the work committed directly into their hands by Jesus himself.
That's why Jesus asked Peter personally and not even the others to Feed his sheep.

You can't make a doctrine out of a personal instruction to an apostle.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2020
DappaD:

The Bible is that perfect knowledge.
With the Bible complete, there is NO need for prophecy since everything we need to know about the future is recorded in it.
The other miraculous gifts of the spirit—healing, tongues, interpretations served their purpose in the first century.
Then, the Christian congregation was still at infancy, so they needed the miraculous gifts of holy spirit to advance to maturity.

So, the gifts of holy spirit were to become ineffective in the first century, but the qualities to remain amongst the Christians were faith, hope and love.(1Corinthians 13:13)
That's even why apostle Paul wrote to Timothy to drink alcohol to cure his ailments. (1Timothy 5:23)

The most important work Jesus gave to his disciples was preaching and teaching about the good news of God's Kingdom. (Matthew 24:14, 28:19,20; Mark 13:10, Acts 1:8 )
So it is very evident that God's holy spirit is working in that only group carrying out this task—Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jehovah has given some measure of his holy spirit to his people to bear witness concerning the truth and to cultivate fruits of the spirit.(Galatians 5:22-23)

Your pastors and churchgoer friends who would always castigate JW's for incessantly preaching about God's Kingdom are more concerned with powerful works.
Jesus knew that in the last days, that is, our time, people would perform many powerful signs and wonders, even prophesying, casting out demons and healing the sick—and that they would ascribe it to the name of Jesus, but he[Jesus] since it didn't originate with God's holy spirit, would deny them flat by saying “Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!”—Matthew 7:22-23, 24:11,24)

The Bible is that which was perfect that was to come?
Lool did it say perfect knowledge?
Where do you even get these your ideas from?

The answer was right there in the same verse, that which was perfect which was to come is Love not the bible.

And even the Love is yet to be perfect.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2020
chiommy123:
Truth be told every congregation have their own way of 'shuning' members that do not live according to the rules but it should be done in love to bring the person back to christ

Trust me, there's always a verse to back these acts up.
1 Corinthians 5:1-5.
Yet if you observe what the verses dealt with, you'll realise it is niw being used to victimised people.

This is exactly the same crime of the pharisees that made Jesus reject hem and bring a new covenant of love.

Imagine for reporting sexual immorality among members, the leaders decided to shun their own.member. Apparently there's more to the story, there must be other culprits that will be exposed once this case is looked into. Otherwise they wont try to cover it up and shun the whistle blower.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by achorladey: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2020
Myer:

The answer was right there in the same verse, that which was perfect which was to come is Love not the bible.

grin grin grin grin grin what a response. People can be make scriptures to fit whatever agenda and ideas they want. No be today e start.

When he said this.......Your pastors and churchgoer friends who would always castigate JW's for incessantly preaching about God's Kingdom are more concerned with powerful works.

You will think the whole knowledge of the scriptures is embedded with the GB of JWS yet reality says even the insight on the scriptures one of their major research materials got his source from all the nook and crannies of BIBLE COMMENTARIES written by the same people they call PASTORS and CHURCHGOERS as if they don't have PASTORS and clergy in PLAIN uniforms just like the PASTORS and clergy of Churches have UNIFORMS which distinguishes them sometimes grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by AkinwaleJJ(f): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Myer:

They did not do it because it was a condition for heaven. They did it cos it was the work committed directly into their hands by Jesus himself.
That's why Jesus asked Peter personally and not even the others to Feed his sheep.

You know i've been following your posts for long and one thing i discovered is how you feel like creating conveniences yet pointing accusing fingers at others for the offence you are committing! undecided

You've been saying JWs are cherry-picking scriptures due to their inability to prophesy and perform miracles (as Jesus commanded those whom he sent out to preach and teach) yet you're dodging from the preaching and teaching saying it belongs only to the Apostles. If so then who do you expect to prophesy and perform miracles today since the Apostles (those Jesus instructed to go preaching, teaching and performing your highly expected miracles are no more? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by DappaD: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2020

Myer:

Of course it's not everybody who has been assigned the task to feed God's sheep.
Jesus appointed a “faithful and discreet slave” to provide spiritual food to his domestics(his congregation).
Today, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are truly fulfilling that assignment by providing spiritual food to all congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses through the help of Jehovah and Jesus.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by achorladey: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Myer:

In reference to this......You can't make a doctrine out of a personal instruction to an apostle

Like one said....... Because Paul said WOE to himself if he didn't preach, it means WOE to everybody who didn't preach. Interesting point in your last statement up there

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by achorladey: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

That's why the NWT is ideal for all Bible students to fully understand God's inspired word today!

The interpreters of KJV were Trinitarians that's why it was difficult for them to get that text right, if we're to go by what Paul quoted from the OT, the KJV supposed to use capital letters in their rendering @ Romans 10:13, because Paul quoted Joel 2:32 where the KJV used capital all through!

This image below will do for the opening statement of yours as captured. I only hope you understand what it is written there. The writer of this article will have included NWT to among the names captured in the image below. Whatever, the writer added any other translation and I believe your NWT is part of them.

Remember rottennaija said he is not restricted to KJV. Hope you see the point. Saying one translation is IDEAL looks very much like one who has not gone into what made Bible what it is today.

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by sagieramos(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Hellfire apologists have filled his heart with lots of fables and nightmares! 2Timothy 4:4 smiley
I no blame am sha. Me self remember when I still be like the dude, believing every trash and fairy tales from different opinions. The dude no see any of in family member or village people inside in fairy hellfire, Na member of the late governing bodies in go visit.
Na so one talk say in see Fela and MJ inside hellfire, E also see one popular pastor late wife inside heaven grin grin grin ... come see how people rush the recorded disk. Those in charge of that false confession hammer that year...

Waytin dey pain me be say, this people dey lie against Jehovah. They no dey see Jeremiah 32:35 for their Bible wey talk say, it has never come to Jehovah's heart to burn anyone in fire. and besides, the word "hellfire" no dey any Bible translation including the KJV

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by DappaD: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2020

Myer:

For now we should focus only on the task/commission Jesus gave to his disciples.
Apart from Jehovah's Witnesses, which other religious groups preach the good news of God's Kingdom extensively?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by achorladey: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2020
rottennaija:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by AkinwaleJJ(f): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
achorladey:

This image below will do for the opening statement of yours as captured. I only hope you understand what it is written there. The writer of this article will have included NWT to among the names captured in the image below. Whatever, the writer added any other translation and I believe your NWT is part of them.

Remember rottennaija said he is not restricted to KJV. Hope you see the point. Saying one translation is IDEAL looks very much like one who has not gone into what made Bible what it is today.

Whoever understands what the Bible teaches should be able to mention the name of that group that's practicing what Jesus taught, failure to do so means you've not gotten anything tangible in your reading of the Bible. I studied the scriptures with several versions too but i've come to realize that the NWT is ideal for anyone who really wants to get the message in God's word!
It's obvious you're not after that so there's no way you and i can come to terms!
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by rottennaija(m): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Did Paul say, it is written in Ro 10:13? Did he say, for the scriptures says? Or it was written by Joel the prophet? Check below all the relevant scriptures and see clearly where Paul quotes the OT and where he did not.

Romans 10:5 For Moses wrote that the law's way of making a person right with God requires obedience to all of its commands.

Romans 10:6 But the way of getting right with God through faith says, "You don't need to go to heaven" (to find Christ and bring him down to help you).

Romans 10:7 And it says, "You don't need to go to the place of the dead" (to bring Christ back to life again).

Romans 10:8 Salvation that comes from trusting Christ—which is the message we preach—is already within easy reach. In fact, the Scriptures say, "The message is close at hand; it is on your lips and in your heart."

Romans 10:11 As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who believes in him will not be disappointed."

Romans 10:13 For "Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:19 But did the people of Israel really understand? Yes, they did, for even in the time of Moses, God had said, "I will rouse your jealousy by blessing other nations. I will make you angry by blessing the foolish Gentiles."

Romans 10:20 And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God: "I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me."

Romans 10:21 But regarding Israel, God said, "All day long I opened my arms to them, but they kept disobeying me and arguing with me."

Also, see where Peter quoted the prophecy of Joel in Acts 2:16 - 22. See below.

Acts 2:16 No, what you see this morning was predicted centuries ago by the prophet Joel:

The Acts 2:17 'In the last days, God said, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.

You see the difference? And no, NWT is not the ideal translation to any Bible student. In fact, is a very bias one.

Now, let consider some other evidence. Obviously, you have thrown shades at KJV as the culprit. But is that really so? How about other hundreds of translation out there? I hope you remember kingdom interlinear? Here is a screenshot (below) of the Ro 10:13. The expression used in verse 13 is “Lord” (Greek, kyrios), not the Tetragrammaton. So, you don't put the blame of KJV. It was what inspired to be written.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
DappaD:

For now we should focus only on the task/commission Jesus gave to his disciples.
Apart from Jehovah's Witnesses, which other religious groups preach the good news of God's Kingdom extensively?

There you go again, speaking out of ignorance (no offense intended).
Have you ever stepped into any other church besides your JW org?
How many churches have you gone that don't have evangelists?

You simply listen to what your leaders feed you without searching for yourself and end up recycling the same lies.

You can't just focus on the commission without focusing on the whole. With the commission comes healing prophelying, etc.

But since they could neither perform healing nor prophesy, your leaders decided all these gifts have been done away with. Come on, how convenient is that?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
achorladey:

In reference to this......You can't make a doctrine out of a personal instruction to an apostle

Like one said....... Because Paul said WOE to himself if he didn't preach, it means WOE to everybody who didn't preach. Interesting point in your last statement up there

Maybe everyone should also be eunuchs since Paul was a eunuch.
The bible has really suffered in their hands.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

You know i've been following your posts for long and one thing i discovered is how you feel like creating conveniences yet pointing accusing fingers at others for the offence you are committing! undecided

You've been saying JWs are cherry-picking scriptures due to their inability to prophesy and perform miracles (as Jesus commanded those whom he sent out to preach and teach) yet you're dodging from the preaching and teaching saying it belongs only to the Apostles. If so then who do you expect to prophesy and perform miracles today since the Apostles (those Jesus instructed to go preaching, teaching and performing your highly expected miracles are no more? embarassed

Perhaps if you had followed the discussion, you would have realized that this your deduction is way off.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by DappaD: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2020

Myer:

There you go again, speaking out of ignorance (no offense intended).
Have you ever stepped into any other church besides your JW org?
How many churches have you gone that don't have evangelists?
You simply listen to what your leaders feed you without searching for yourself and end up recycling the same lies.
You can't just focus on the commission without focusing on the whole. With the commission comes healing prophelying, etc.
But since they could neither perform healing nor prophesy, your leaders decided all these gifts have been done away with. Come on, how convenient is that?

Doesn't address my question.
DappaD:
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by AkinwaleJJ(f): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
rottennaija:

Did Paul say, it is written in Ro 10:13? Did he say, for the scriptures says? Or it was written by Joel the prophet? Check below all the relevant scriptures and see clearly where Paul quotes the OT and where he did not.

You see the difference? And no, NWT is not the ideal translation to any Bible student. In fact, is a very bias one.

Now, let consider some other evidence. Obviously, you have thrown shades at KJV as the culprit. But is that really so? How about other hundreds of translation out there? I hope you remember kingdom interlinear? Here is a screenshot (below) of the Ro 10:13. The expression used in verse 13 is “Lord” (Greek, kyrios), not the Tetragrammaton. So, you don't put the blame of KJV. It was what inspired to be written.

I said the NWT is ideal because it's the one and only version that's got a group to which it's attached, and that's the only group producing the fruit of God's holy spirit. Can you name any group that's making use of a specific version and doing fine globally in the preaching and teaching of peace like the JWs with their NWT?
NO!
You can fight but you can never win when your adversary is a formidable army having one voice and moving in unism!
With the NWT, Jehovah's Witnesses have what it takes to say we are Jehovah's Witnesses and this is the version that's helping us to achieve what you're seeing.
Just present one group and let's consider what they've been able to achieve so far with the specific version they're using.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by DappaD: 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2020

rottennaija:

If we're to follow your own analogy—then that means because the Tetragrammaton doesn't appear at Matthew 22:37(in the copied Greek texts), we'll say it wasn't referring to Jehovah, even when Jesus quoted directly from Deuteronomy 6:5?
So who is the Lord at Matthew 22:37 rendered in the KJV Bible?(note that you said all caps is Jehovah and small caps is Jesus)
So is it Jehovah or Jesus at Matthew 22:37? Or will you keep twisting the scriptures to suit your agenda?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by AkinwaleJJ(f): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
Myer:

Perhaps if you had followed the discussion, you would have realized that this your deduction is way off.
It's ok, let everyone continue with their religion, Jehovah's Witnesses have made a name and there is no way anyone can soil that name if another group doesn't emerge to challenge them!
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
DappaD:

Doesn't address my question.
If you paid attention, you'd know I addressed it.

Every church has evangelists who do that work.

I believe more people know of the Catholic church, Redeemed church, Winners church and even White garment churches than Jehovah's witness.

What makes JW popular is simply your extremism. Which is why you have a lot of cases in countries like Russia and others.

Thank God your doctrine doesn't include killing to defend God. You would have been worse than islamic terrorists.

I only enjoy reading your journals because of the research that goes into it. But your doctrines are more Jewish than Christian.

I almost converted to JW but after a few meetings I realized it was more of bondage than liberty. The very difference between Judaism and Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Myer:

Maybe everyone should also be eunuchs since Paul was a eunuch.
The bible has really suffered in their hands.

I thought you preferred the Qur'an to this book!
So what is your headache when a book you already said is "full of contradictions" now suffer? cheesy
You and deceitfulness are like 5 & 6!
You want everyone to believe that the Bible is useless (since it's full of contradictions) yet you want to defend some Churchgoer traditions with the same book! cheesy
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by Myer(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you preferred the Qur'an to this book!
So what is your headache when a book you already said is "full of contradictions" now suffer? cheesy
You and deceitfulness are like 5 & 6!
You want everyone to believe that the Bible is useless (since it's full of contradictions) yet you want to defend some Churchgoer traditions with the same book! cheesy

Am I right to guess this is Maximus reloaded. cheesy
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate by rottennaija(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

I said the NWT is ideal because it's the one and only version that's got a group to which it's attached, and that's the only group producing the fruit of God's holy spirit. Can you name any group that's making use of a specific version and doing fine globally in the preaching and teaching of peace like the JWs with their NWT?
NO!
You can fight but you can never win when your adversary is a formidable army having one voice and moving in unism!
With the NWT, Jehovah's Witnesses have what it takes to say we are Jehovah's Witnesses and this is the version that's helping us to achieve what you're seeing.
Just present one group and let's consider what they've been able to achieve so far with the specific version they're using.

Now you are shifting from what is content in Ro 10:13 to group. My dear, there are 100s of religious groups doing a lot of preaching and accomplishing much more than the JWs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is Expected Of A Minister's (pastor) Wife / 10 Basis For Scripture Interpretation / i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.