Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48175 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Tonytonex:
yes, it is. cause, it's a very beautiful city. with cool environment and good loving people.
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
otokx:
Nice pictures but where are the jobs? Liked their Akara and groundnuts during my short sojourn there, also their ekpo masquerade, this is the raffia town.
Mostly for entrepreneurship
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by emapeteum(m): 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
IK was developed more than Uyo prio to the creation of the state in 1987 with Uyo made the state capital.TA place where local government administration was first experimenting in the west African subregion by the colionialist.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by tyav7: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Looks beautiful. People there are really enjoying. I wish I live there.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Iscoalarcon: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Good allowances, peaceful and beautifully Serene environment..
A place graduating students can easily startup life...
You will love it here honestly
how many KM is the city to the sea and is there steady electricity?

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
edoairways:

Of course I know what am saying. Donald Duke media team flooded the media with tourism. Tinapa ,marina resort and Calabar carnival was advertised more on the media.
Yeah
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
how many KM is the city to the sea and is there steady electricity?
Which city precisely?
Ikot ekpene??
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by durasome(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
i don't know if people do change that much,but with my experience there, ikweke afaha obonge will not change that much by now.I was there in the early 90s.Mehn you hear your teacher come and immediately she discovered you are not from there ,you hear stuffs like shaa una dy call us mmoghoo now you don come here,there is nothing you do to impress such teachers especially the female ones. Come to home front you see mature man with children leash dogs on you and derives joy on seeing the dogs after you. because of the level of illiteracy then in that place, your mates had no choice than communicate in their dialect and you will be forced to learn by force, then you will hear their parents scolding them for teaching you saying you have not taught them your own language, and now they can't gossip you again because you now know all their dialect.. There are some good people among them by the way,I remember my congregation Soul lovers Assembly, they where so hospitable.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ucheuzor1(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
ecomalchemist:

lol, you go don lash Dem tire.

grin cheesy.. Na part of the service year na tongue shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
Green Field prestigious college, Ikot Ekpene

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
Moe

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
durasome:
.well I don't know if people really change that much,speaking from experience as a young boy in primary 4 you hear a teacher come to class and immediately she discovered you are not an aka ibomit
Please next time mind what you say about an ethnicity in a public forum ok..

More to ikot ekpene

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ucheuzor1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
Aguogba:

Apart from hospitality, you're correct. Akwaibom people are not hospitable at all. That's why people prefer Calabar and Cross-river as a whole.

Not true bro. They're caring and welcome visitors. And they are very respectful. if you've stayed there, you should know all these.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by banio: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Forget Ikot-Ekpene, Akwa Ibom as a whole is lovely.
From the beautiful landscape to their oil deposits.
From their variety of delicacies to their hospitality and tourism industry.
This state is bae.

The capital city boasts of the best stadium in the country, world class mall, main library e t.c.

My dream City to live in this declining country. I love AKIBM .

Akwa Ibom girls will always blow your mind. Welcome to my STATE

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
DICKstractor:

I stay in eket and I can say IK is more beautiful than eket. I rarely see this kind of structures in eket
Eket is rated becos of the industrialization and also thanks to Ibeno sha..

You know eket get Big hotels and some services companies some state capital can't boost off..
What Eket lack is good road network and is full of neglected projects..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
ucheuzor1:

Not true bro. They're caring and welcome visitors. And they are very respectful. if you've stayed there, you should know all these.
Also tell him no body want to visit calabar again after carnival and Donald Duke time..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
nams77:

Hope to spend lovely moments there.

Just waiting for Baba to pick my calls
Baba ke? grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
idahme:

Guy stop this, it doesn't pay.
Tell am ooo
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Iscoalarcon: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Which city precisely?
Ikot ekpene??
yes na or is any better city with dope infrastructures, lot of schools and oppurtunities 4 corps members aside Ikot Ekpene?

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
oneeast3:
[s][/s]

Useless hopeless old man, I don't know when Anambra will stop haunting you bastard. Eastern palm university is the best in Imo state and not SE, because IMSU is a poultry farm.
Chai is OK

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
yes na or is any better city with dope infrastructures, lot of schools and oppurtunities 4 corps members aside Ikot Ekpene?
Haba... Yes ooo my brother..
Eket and Ibeno axis is dope.. You can search them on YouTube, Oron is dope too with the famous maritime academic etc..
In short, the truth is the whole of Akwa Ibom is beautiful..
Let me rate them for you..
Uyo
Eket
Ikot-Ekpene
Oron
Ibeno
Ikot Abasi
Onna.... A very Serene and lovely town
And others like Abak etc..
You can do research on them and choose..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
ggood:

which one is Calabar Efik foods explain
grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
bigbauer:

Won't be for too long. Already Vandrezzer FC has a site for their stadium and football academy.
Ooh that's cool, please can you share pix and its location??
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
MTAIYEM:
Remembere reading about Ikot-epene in my primary school macmillian textbook. I used to have cold spine and had always anticipated to travel there some day.
Wow... Me too
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by durasome(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:
Please next time mind what you say about an ethnicity in a public forum ok..
More to ikot ekpene
.OK sir
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
beautiful city
Ilaumoh how much does your state govt pay Corps members(State alawee)
I don't really know, but is rated 3rd best destination for corps members
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
UltiMax:
Akwa Ibom ayaya!
Ikot Ekpene has been a city on the rise, with good infrastructures springing up here and there. Hopefully Industrial development would follow.
It will be a commercial capital in AKS
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
Aguogba:

Apart from hospitality, you're correct. Akwaibom people are not hospitable at all. That's why people prefer Calabar and Cross-river as a whole.
Who prefer where? Calabar imoke and short man devil ayade as turn to a poultry farm with kidnapping activities springing up and down..
Abeg shift
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Eyeneka, you correct.
Thanks
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
ecomalchemist:

lol, how many businesses dey boom there and what's the purchasing power of the common man there ?

I no say hotel biz go boom there based on say we to like fucc.fucc.

These are the issues.
Ikot ekpene is like second home to Aba people from Abia state... This is a commercial paradise ok
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Julius1995:
If this is how it look like in entirety, probably yes
Yes it is
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ndipe:
It's a lovely city.
Yeah

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) / Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.