Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48167 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=Rosskii post=94142589][img]l[/img]

[img][/img]
[i]General/quote]

I'm not saying it's not and I'm not saying it is, but seems 80% of the images are centred around one point. Show us the inner streets, show us the public schools there among other things.

That's how to publicize a place if you're going to make that opening statement
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by bewla(m): 6:24am On Sep 21, 2020
OKorowanta:
You just have to love Godswill Akpabio..if not for anything his love for developmental projects..
He will never be forgotten in the history of Akwaibom.
If u like u can't take it from him foundation na him be work not building
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 21, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:
Rossike also known as Rosskii and whatever monikers he goes by now , is nothing but a clown , but I will continually spank his bum bum to see if the fool above 40 can take correction and not be a fool forever.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by EdiskyHarry: 6:28am On Sep 21, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Forget Ikot-Ekene, Akwa Ibom as a whole is lovely.
From the beautiful landscape to their oil deposits.
From their variety of delicacies to their hospitality and tourism industry.
This state is bae.

The capital city boasts of the best stadium in the country, world class mall, main library e t.c.

My dream City to live in in this declining country. I love AKIBM .
Honestly, you are making sense.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Bar1941(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Forget Ikot-Ekene, Akwa Ibom as a whole is lovely.
From the beautiful landscape to their oil deposits.
From their variety of delicacies to their hospitality and tourism industry.
This state is bae.

The capital city boasts of the best stadium in the country, world class mall, main library e t.c.

My dream City to live in in this declining country. I love AKIBM .

With enough pretty Ekaetes as well.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by EdiskyHarry: 6:32am On Sep 21, 2020
The best place to invest and have peace of mind is Akwa ibom state, very calm, peaceful with good road network, the state is also known for its lowest crime rate in West Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Goalnaldo(m): 6:33am On Sep 21, 2020
Ikinternational:
After reading the last two comments I just told my driver never mind. We can scratch akwa ibom off the list
hahaha grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by MrJibana: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Rosskii:
Nobody ever talks about Ikot-Ekpene, the lovely, quaint Nigerian city in Akwa Ibom state.

No more silence.

Fellow Nigerians, Welcome to Ikot-Ekpene.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2401506_118124186_jpeg_jpeg611fc08c24c49e80f325da75dcdc6ad1

grin grin grin grin
Op stop this joke jor...
Ikot ekpene is not a city.. it's just a town with a good road network and the good road network is all over Akwa ibom...

6 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Okuruman(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2020
UdechiHD:
Una don come again with this overrated village. So because of one hotel, we shouldn’t hear word again? All the Akwa-Ibom nairaland media team, una weldone.

������. but truth is that I.K is a beautiful city

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Okfrank25: 6:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Good one
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Burstscam: 6:38am On Sep 21, 2020
No big deal. Everything there revolves around that four point hostel, nothing more
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by hopexter(m): 6:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Atouke:
Ikot ekpene is actually a great city to live in Nigeria, it's very affordable and you avoid the high rent in Uyo the capital city while you are 20 mins drive from uyo in a dualized autobahn.
Ikot ekpene is a great place for you adults just starting live, but you must have entrepreneurial drive, cos there are no jobs like every where else in Nigeria.
Ikot ekpene has the federal government college, state polytechnic , and the federal poly ukana is a stone throw, it also has the Ritman University ikot ekpene, for those who are school age.
A city park, for picnics and family hangout, a numbers of relaxation spots and Raffia Arts is the major handwork of the people of this area.
Raffia arts made in ikot ekpene is famous worldwide, even the colonialists have been known to dabble in arts from this area, the wooden mask carved in Ikot ekpene is also very famous.
The Oil palm business in hqt in this area.

Ikot ekpene is a much older city than Uyo, it was the first Experimental Local government in British west Africa, ie this is where the British started the idea of local government administration in west Africa. Ikot ekpene has lots of colonial architecture that will mesmerize you, especially the churches.

Is it white sanded? Asking cos I'm from Edo state and I'm easily fascinated by white sanded lands just like warri. Have heard so much about the beautiful town and I'm aware its an oil region too hence Sandy but Some photos above show otherwise. embarassed
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by durasome(m): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2020
talk about every other thing yes but hospitality, It's s big NO,they are damn racist. I remember growing up as a Young boy in that state,even in primary school you attend you see teachers being racist towards you,maybe it's their inferiority complex. afaha obong to be precise

5 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by manuelreports: 6:45am On Sep 21, 2020
Beautiful City indeed
This place is beautiful even more than the overrated Lekki
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by chukwuibuipob: 6:45am On Sep 21, 2020
sad angry sad Get there behind mr
kstyle2:
he did ask some reasonable questions.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Bizibi(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

You are welcome to come, live and invest..
do you have any info on price of land in the town and uyo.....
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Unified07: 6:46am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Not holding brief for any politicians ,but was Rochas allocation the same as Akpabio/Akwa ibom? Some of you do not think before you comment.
Trash

4 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Seunpaul01(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2020
Gosh, Nigerians ehn, chai tufia.
Where is the city here. You call this suburb a city. Showing us bushy road. With this kind of low mentality our government will keep sweeping our feet with mediocre projects.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Not holding brief for any politicians ,but was Rochas allocation the same as Akpabio/Akwa ibom? Some of you do not think before you comment.

Roches is very wasteful.

Is Ebonyi state allocation as big as that of Imo under Roches ?

The hospitals he claimed to construct in every local government in Imo are filled with grasses and lizards, with leaking roofs, none of them was commissioned or put into use.

The roads he constructed, did he complete any one ?

It is not about how much you were given, it is how well you use it that matters..

Thesame Akwa Ibom does not do half or abandoned projects. They finish anything they start, that is why all their roads are extremely neat. I was driving most of those roads when they were under construction. It was not palatable. But look how European the whole place looks now

While every road in Imo state still looks like an abandoned construction site every year.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by hopexter(m): 6:48am On Sep 21, 2020
MrJibana:

grin grin grin grin
Op stop this joke jor...
Ikot ekpene is not a city.. it's just a town with a good road network and the good road network is all over Akwa ibom...

It has about 6 world class building structures with standard tourist attractions and a perfect road networks. You can say it's an underrated upcoming city. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by JoshB92: 6:51am On Sep 21, 2020
Wow! So this place is this beautiful and attractive. The first time I heard of the name was in a nollywood movie and it was a village movie the way they portrayed it there was like the place is local but maybe because the name sounds local.. But this place is too beautiful for it name

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Sunkyapogee(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2020
When visiting, plz carry your condom.. HIV is highest there in any LGA..

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by nsiba: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Village reasoning . Have you been to Eastern Obolo or Ini before or only official government propaganda pic and talk ?

Which brand of weed do you SMOKE?
Do you understand anything?

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by nkiliuzo(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2020
wow, the city is really beautiful

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by thundafire: 6:56am On Sep 21, 2020
They hospital with the water fountain is empty,it was commission by Akpabio and never used. Because we're they rented dey equipment the returned it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Fiakid56: 6:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Thanks to Godswill Akpabio

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by montumonami(m): 7:00am On Sep 21, 2020
madjune:
It had the highly rated Federal government college school back in the 80s, which produced really sound students.

Don't know if the school is still existent now and whither the standards intact?
Still in existence
My sister graduated from there in 2014

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Shizzyguy: 7:02am On Sep 21, 2020
Rosskii:
The tantalizing and highly delectable dishes of Ikot-Ekpene

Edesi Isip (Coconut Rice)

White Soup

No party is set in Akwa Ibom without Coconut rice. My favourite was white soup and pounded yam. Lived in both Ikot Ekpene and Eket but stayed longer in Eket. Really enjoyed my time in Akwa Ibom. Praise and worship is very enjoyable in their churches especially Qua Iboe Church and other core Akwa Ibom churches. They are generally good people and are very neat.

Their peppersoup rice is very nice too but Isam was a no no for me and I think that's why I wasn't really into the other soups.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by effty(m): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2020
UdechiHD:
Una don come again with this overrated village. So because of one hotel, we shouldn’t hear word again? All the Akwa-Ibom nairaland media team, una weldone.
Dont mind the clowns. E come be like say na Ikot Ekpene wey dey USA dem dey talk about.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by montumonami(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2020
manuelreports:
Beautiful City indeed
This place is beautiful even more than the overrated Lekki
Ik is beautiful but I don't think it's more beautiful than Lekki. That's where I did my primary school.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Mathantics: 7:06am On Sep 21, 2020
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Shizzyguy: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2020
montumonami:
Ik is beautiful but I don't think it's more beautiful than Lekki. That's where I did my primary school.

Lol but it was never compared to Lekki though but truth is Ikot Ekpene is a nice place. Very good road network and good link roads to Abak and Uyo. I particularly like the Ikot Ekpene to Abak dual carriage and consider it one of the best roads I have travelled on.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) / Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.