Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48246 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Ikot ekpene hub for Cultural display and first class hospitality..

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2020
Moi

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2020
lordaltruist:
I have to confess; this city is the most underrated in Nigeria.
This is a city you can compare with the likes of Asaba, Eleme and even some parts of Lagos and Abuja and yet nobody is talking about it.
Op do justice to this thread by giving us more view of Ik, cause I know the place very well and you are not doing enough justice to it.
Guys truth is Ik (Ikot Ekpene) is even competing with the state capital for economic viability and is giving Uyo a very tough competition when it comes to tourism most especially during the festive season due to the fact that things are very cheap and it has more entrepreneurs competing for glory, it makes room for greater development.
This city is top notch for flexing, business, accommodation, education and entrepreneurship.
Spot on
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Rugaria: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2020
Abagworo:

I guess Peter Obi did it in Agulu and Ngige did it in Alor. Nonsense and ingredients. Eastern Palm University Ogboko which is Rochas Hometown is the best structured University in the entire Southeast and probably South-south.

Aba,
Defend with honor. I went to alor few months ago for a condolence. Alor is most probably the most glittering city in the SE today. Thanks to Ngige! Just visit alor. They don't call it "Alor London" for nothing. Petr obi had little work to do in Agulu because Ngige also did a Yeo man's job around all those idemmili axis. Quality roads that are chasing 20 years now but are still as solid as ever. Your friend Rochas was so intoxicated with becoming the president of Nigeria that he lost focus in imo state. That's just the fact! His second term was so unproductive. The eastern palm university is a rare gem! Agreed! But what of the roads leading to tht place? Do you remember what Dee Mbakwe did with Aba, Owerri and umuahia then? Orlu has no effective road network, no effective power structure.

Mbakwe put the regional water schemes at Aba Owerri etc and left Orlu because there was the bedrock of NPN opposition to his administration, you would expect Udenwa , Rochas or Uzodinmgba to take the bull by the horns.., but no! They just don't know where to start! They alarmingly lack inventive administrative skills. Truth is that Okorocha abdicated his responsibility to Imo people and was busy junketing all over the place because he wanted to be president by fire by force. Go to his own backyard! About 2 poles away from his country home is one of the biggest erosion sites in ideato! Cutting off roads and all... , And he is in Abuja ranting about the presidency. Nonsense and ingredients indeed..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2020
nsiba:
Nice one.....AkwaIbom from Ini to Eastern Obolo God will not stop blessing us and Nigeria
Amen
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2020
madjune:
It had the highly rated Federal government college school back in the 80s, which produced really sound students.

Don't know if the school is still existent now and whither the standards intact?
Yes oo
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2020
nsiba:
There is the evil spirit that calls himself, shit what d 4k is that prick's name? Anyway, he knows himself I haven't seen for a while monitoring AkwaIbom , is he dead?
grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2020
Rosskii:
Damn....talk about Paradise on Earth.

This could be anywhere in Spain, Portugal, or Seychelles.

Honestly, we don't value what we have in this country..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12373111_107989811644792akwapolyjpeg54ff2bfd5a76d392ac72a1ad531b0f36jpegjpegba21c385be4bdbd00ca545b330e6e153_jpeg_jpegff243205ec4a025b7b5adbbca5b0d908
Yeah
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2020
nBag:

ladies to beautify a university picture? really, something is indeed wrong some where.
Hmmmmm
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Akwa ibom is one of the places I would like to settle in Nigeria. smiley
You are welcome in advance

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
The best place to invest and have peace of mind is Akwa ibom state, very calm, peaceful with good road network, the state is also known for its lowest crime rate in West Africa.
Spot on bro

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2020
Okuruman:

������. but truth is that I.K is a beautiful city
He won't still listen to you..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2020
Burstscam:
No big deal. Everything there revolves around that four point hostel, nothing more
Yeah, cos that the city centre

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2020
hopexter:

Is it white sanded? Asking cos I'm from Edo state and I'm easily fascinated by white sanded lands just like warri. Have heard so much about the beautiful town and I'm aware its an oil region too hence Sandy but Some photos above show otherwise. embarassed
Some part are white sanded... In Akwa Ibom the eket ibeno axis boost of what you are looking for..

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ofiagu(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2020
OP, you have just endeared me to this fine city. What is the distance of Ikot Ekpene from Enugu state?

I want to begin with a visit.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2020
durasome:
talk about every other thing yes but hospitality, It's s big NO,they are damn racist. I remember growing up as a Young boy in that state,even in primary school you attend you see teachers being racist towards you,maybe it's their inferiority complex. afaha obong to be precise
How old are you now?
Just want to know if your updated or outdated...
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2020
Bizibi:
do you have any info on price of land in the town and uyo.....
Ofcos ikot ekpene will be more cheaper than uyo..
In all, land in Akwa Ibom state are very affordable and easy to get..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by hopexter(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Some part are white sanded... In Akwa Ibom the eket ibeno axis boost of what you are looking for..

Alright, cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by 2Ways(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2020
Sunkyapogee:
When visiting, plz carry your condom.. HIV is highest there in any LGA..

have they infected you?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by 2Ways(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Sunkyapogee:

have they infected you?
or is your destiny centered on sex?
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2020
2Ways:

have they infected you?
or is your destiny centered on sex?
Am happy you can easily sense an hater
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Iscoalarcon: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

From what I heard Akwa ibom is the 3rd most preferred state in Nigeria for corps members
reasons?
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2020
JoshB92:
Wow! So this place is this beautiful and attractive. The first time I heard of the name was in a nollywood movie and it was a village movie the way they portrayed it there was like the place is local but maybe because the name sounds local.. But this place is too beautiful for it name
But I prefer the native name that a colonial name oo

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by slivertongue: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2020
MXrep:
It's just a small town with beautiful roads

waalahi. God bless Akwa ibom
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
reasons?
Good allowances, peaceful and beautifully Serene environment..
A place graduating students can easily startup life...
You will love it here honestly

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Sunkyapogee:
Hmmmm

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2020
thundafire:
They hospital with the water fountain is empty,it was commission by Akpabio and never used. Because we're they rented dey equipment the returned it.
Is not empty bro.. They are rapidly in used..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2020
ucheuzor1:
My City. I love ikot ekpene alot. Served there in 2018. So caring and loving. I also missed my bannys there cheesy grin
grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2020
Excuses:

U mean they eat people in akwa-ibom state..
Ask him ooo
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Tonytonex:
the place is very lovely goodness . so that Aba road is not still repaired up till now.
The Akwa-Ibom side is OK but the Abia State angle is the problem

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
Liposure:
damn those girls
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Rare Picture Of Niger Bridge In Onitsha / Enugu City - I Drove Round The Coal City (pics, Video) / The Making Of ₦1.3 Trillion Russian-Built Europe’s Longest Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.