Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61836 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kcjazz(m): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Are you saying Barca spends more than madrid in wages, Man utd spends more than Chelsea in wages? in those 3yrs when man Utd won back to back titles, I dont think any Man Utd player earned as much as lampard, Terry and ballack Another lie busted.

Are you telling us that Juventus spent more than Inter Milan on players wages?

Lies lies and delusion, The Hallmark of a GAYYner.

Yes! 2008/2009 & 2009/2010 Barcelona wage bill was higher than Real Madrids. Its funny you make your arguments but not mention Arsenal. Statistically, you attract the best players by paying more wages (Read the book: Soccernomics), so if Manchester is winning with lesser wages than Chelsea, why is Arsenal your problem, since they pay less? Blame those who should be at the top with their wage structures. Will everything go by stats? No! so once in a while you will have an outlier.

Not making excuse for Wenger for not winning trophies, I think with what he has done. Arsenal has been punching above their weight the past 5 years. Simple! argue all you like, for a coach from Japan that is a big deal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

stop lying through your teeth. the rules back in the days will not allow anyone under 16 to sign for any big club. nothing to do with wenger, but the football association rules that have now relaxed the laws and allow kids to join clubs because football clubs now offer academic exercises unlike the way it was back in the days. whether a club picks players at 15/16 or 8/9, a talented player is a talented player.

2006/7 wage bill
chelsea - £132.8m
man utd - £92.3m
arsenal - £89.7m
liverpool - £77.6m

2007/8 wage bill

chelsea  £172m
man utd £121m
arsenal  £101m
liverpool £90m

2008/9 wage bill

chelsea - £167m
man utd - £123m
arsenal - £104m
liverpool -£107m

Can kcjazz come and defend the next lie?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kcjazz(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Can kcjazz come and defend the next lie?

Thanks! your numbers answers the argument, actually 08/09 for Arsenal was 111m, still lower.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
duduspace:

1. You have not been paying your debts until recently
2. Some of the debt actually went towards buying players. I repeat not all of your debt came from the LBO even though it makes up the greater percentage, the Glazers will never show a true picture of your financial situation unlike Arsenal which is publicly traded.

shut up your dirty mouth, all the money from the debt went to the shareholders who sold their stake to the glazers. when fergie pissed the former owners off during the feud of "rock of gibraltar" racehorse saga, they sold off their shares to malcolm glazer. the glazers haven't spent a penny of theirs on man utd since they arrived. why won't the glazers show a true picture of their finances when there are external auditors who look into the club accounts? why are you such a stark illiterate? for as little as one pound, you can get a copy of the last financial statement of man utd from the companies house. . . .it's called freedom of information.

duduspace:

So what are we talking about here? you prove my point but can't see it? is it a must to argue blindly? The reason why La Masia is much appreciated now is because they are the quintesential model of building up players from early ages. Do you know what ages Iniesta, Xavi and co entered the La Masia program? undecided

what has this got to do with anything? whether xavi and iniesta got to la masia in their babyhood means squat. if they strolled into la masia at age 21, they would always be good players. talent is in-born!

If as you rightly point out that the rules did not permit it in the past, aren't you proving the point that Arsenal did not have such a program in the past until Arsenal came?  undecided

whether the program was in place since 1800 or 2010, arsenal do not have the attraction to pull prodigious talents all over the globe like barcelona can do. it is a disgrace you are using the excuses of age to mask the failure of the arsenal academy. look at the calibre of players in your academy and compare them to world class talents in other european academies. which of your youngster has lit up any youth competition at the world stage? none! how many arsenal academy products have won mvps in fifa/uefa organised competitions? none! beckham, giggs, scholes, etc did not join man utd at age 8/9 and yet they carved a niche for themselves. why can't arsenal academy products do the same?

Cesc Fabregas came to Arsenal as a 16 year old, you lot will always come on here and tell us he is from La Masia? undecided
George Best came to Manure as a 16 year old, who remembers whatever club he played for in Northern Ireland till then? you will gladly claim him as Manure producing a Ballon D' Or. CR9 came as a full fledged 18 year old international but you will claim him as another Manure product. Can you make up your mind please?

the reason you are confused about this is because you are a tool. the age players come to club has nothing to do with this. the real determinant is if they actually pass through the academy. for instance, da silva twins(fabio and rafael) are not academy products even though they joined at age 17 but guiseppe rossi who joined united at 17 is a product of man utd academy. cesc fabregas never played in the academy even though he joined arsenal at 16 whereas gerard pique who joined united at 17 graduated from united's academy. george best was discovered by united scout at 15 but he passed through united academy(he spent 2 yrs in the academy). ronaldo went straight into the senior team(he never played in united's academy) so he is not united's academy product.

this isn't ambiguous but i don't expect a gaynner to understand the dynamics - you people are the dullest set of football fans in the world.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:45pm On Mar 14, 2011
kcjazz:

Thanks! your numbers answers the argument, actually 08/09 for Arsenal was 111m, still lower.

unlike you, i back my facts with credible links.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10249101
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kcjazz(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

unlike you, i back my facts with credible links.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10249101

Haha! apparently more credible than the Clubs balance sheet. Find out what is on Arsenals balance sheet and then come back not BBC. Sorry I can't paste it but find out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2011
kcjazz:

Haha! apparently more credible than the Clubs balance sheet. Find out what is on Arsenals balance sheet and then come back not BBC. Sorry I can't paste it but find out.

it is more credible because this source is from deloitte(the external auditor of all english premier league clubs).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

shut up your dirty mouth, all the money from the debt went to the shareholders who sold their stake to the glazers. when fergie pissed the former owners off during the feud of "rock of gibraltar" racehorse saga, they sold off their shares to malcolm glazer. the glazers haven't spent a penny of theirs on man utd since they arrived. why won't the glazers show a true picture of their finances when there are external auditors who look into the club accounts? why are you such a stark illiterate? for as little as one pound, you can get a copy of the last financial statement of man utd. . . .it's called freedom of information.
Stop sounding like Dumbo's younger brother, where did I say the Glazers spent a dime of their money? didn't all the firms who went bust during the credit crunch have external auditors but did they not successfully hide things off their balance sheets?
And nowhere have I heard an external auditors come out to say all the debt at Manure was from the LBO.

*Cougar*:

what has this got to do with anything? whether xavi and iniesta got to la masia in their babyhood means squat. if they strolled into la masia at age 21, they would always be good players. talent is in-born!
Irrelevant and silly argument and obsfucation of issues, can anyone stroll into La Masia at 21?  undecided

*Cougar*:

whether the program was in place since 1800 or 2010, arsenal do not have the attraction to pull prodigious talents all over the globe like barcelona can do. it is a disgrace you are using the excuses of age to mask the failure of the arsenal academy. look at the calibre of players in your academy and compare them to world class talents in other european academies. which of your youngster has lit up any youth competition at the world stage? none! how many arsenal academy products have won mvps in fifa/uefa organised competitions? none! beckham, giggs, scholes, etc did not join man utd at age 8/9 and yet they carved a niche for themselves. why can't arsenal academy products do the same?
Dumb argument again, Arsenal do not have the attraction but can take Cesc, Toral, Merida and Ignasi Miquel off Barcelona and piss them off in the process, wonder who is growing fat in the tool box.  undecided

*Cougar*:

the reason you are confused about this is because you are a tool. the age players come to club has nothing to do with this. the real determinant is if they actually pass through the academy. for instance, da silvas are not academy products even though they joined at age 18 but guiseppe rossi is a product of man utd academy. cesc fabregas never played in the academy even though he joined arsenal at 16 whereas gerard pique who joined united at 17 graduated from united's academy. george best was discovered by united scout at 15 but he passed through united academy(he spent 2 yrs in the academy). ronaldo went straight into the senior team(he never played in united's academy) so he is not united's academy product.

this isn't ambiguous but i don't expect a gaynner to understand the dynamics - you people are the dullest set of football fans in the world.

You're now tying yurself up in Knots and that isn't surprising, haven't you claimed CR9 on here before as a Manure product? and when you talk about going through the academy system are you aware that Cesc has a Youth cup appearance for Arsenal? How many appearances exactly does a player need to have to be considered as having passed through the academy system?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by biolabee(m): 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
cougar u are wrong there, a player at 21 is not the same as a player who is developed from 5
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2011
duduspace:

Stop sounding like Dumbo's younger brother, where did I say the Glazers spent a dime of their money? didn't all the firms who went bust during the credit crunch have external auditors but did they not successfully hide things off their balance sheets?

5 examples of this case will help your case severely. i am yet to see where external auditors will deliberately mask the true financial situation of any organization. it seems you think you are in nigeria where everyone can be bribed. you are a super-tool. an upgrade to debosky's toolship.

And nowhere have I heard an external auditors come out to say all the debt at Manure was from the LBO.

because tools choose to hear what they want to hear. it's very simple. . . .how much did the glazers borrow from the banks in their leveraged buy-out, what was united's profit just before the take-over? i don't need an external auditor to show me any statement when the facts are clear.

Irrelevant and silly argument and obsfucation of issues, can anyone stroll into La Masia at 21?  undecided

you are not intelligent at all. the moral of that sentence flew over your head.

Dumb argument again, Arsenal do not have the attraction but can take Cesc, Toral, Merida and Ignasi Miquel off Barcelona and piss them off in the process, wonder who is growing fat in the tool box.  undecided

cesc and merida were academy products of barcelona. they left barcelona because of their perceived lack of opportunities. this is different to arsenal picking them raw and polishing them into fine talents.

You're now tying yurself up in Knots and that isn't surprising, haven't you claimed CR9 on here before as a Manure product? and when you talk about going through the academy system are you aware that Cesc has a Youth cup appearance for Arsenal? How much appearances exactly does a player need to have to be considered as having passed through the academy system?

if you can show me where i have said ronaldo is a man utd academy product in the blogosphere, i will bow out of this argument. other than that, you are a hypocritical lying twit who just opens his mouth like an indolent asswipe. cesc having a youth cup appearance does not make him an arsenal academy product, u nitwit. academies are like schools. they move from class 1 to 2 and to 3.

you don't play a match in the youth team and declare you passed through the academy. knowing that your tomfoolery is world class, here is another tip. wikipedia any player and check his details on the right hand side of the web-page. check under youth career. . . . .that should tell you which academy a certain player passed through. football is not so difficult but mumuface is so thick and poor in spirit, he cannot even pay attention.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
Simple question, From this glorious Arsenal academy, can you mention one player whop has lit up any tournament?

Which World class player has come out of this Assanal academy since 2002.

From the Bayern academy I can point to Matt Hummels, Bastian Schweisteiger, Phillip lahm, Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos within that period.

Who are the products of Arsenal academy? Gibbs, Arshavin, Owusu, Nasri, Almunia, Lupoli or who?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kcjazz(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

it is more credible because this source is from deloitte(the external auditor of all english premier league clubs).

Haha! NP if that makes you happy. Again, your numbers only proves my arguments. This year we have slipped to 4th place because of Manchester City, lets wait till May to see if the numbers will reflect final table standings.

@Duduspace You can't win with this folks, when peeps make their mind up about an issue they throw every objectivity to the wind, well done for always calling them out. Its a tough time to be an Arsenal fan. Depending on how they respond on Saturday, the season is not over yet.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
kcjazz:

Haha! NP if that makes you happy. Again, your numbers only proves my arguments. This year we have slipped to 4th place because of Manchester City, lets wait till May to see if the numbers will reflect final table standings.

my numbers didn't help your argument. in the period united won 3 titles on a spin, chelsea had the highest wage bill in the division. you claimed the team with the highest wage bill wins by default. perhaps, you were drunk when you typed that balderdash.

dayokanu:

Simple question, From this glorious Arsenal academy, can you mention one player whop has lit up any tournament?

Which World class player has come out of this Assanal academy since 2002.

From the Bayern academy I can point to Matt Hummels, Bastian Schweisteiger, Phillip lahm, Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos within that period.

Who are the products of Arsenal academy? Gibbs, Arshavin, Owusu, Nasri, Almunia, Lupoli or who?

they have nothing. . . . .zero, nil, nada, nowt. evra was right when he likened the whole arsenal fc to an academy. where school kids just run around for 9 months and end up with nothing. youth players are all hype no substance.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Mar 14, 2011
kcjazz:

^^ Can you explain to us why Man Utd was winning the league despite Chelsea being the highest spender?

Can you explain to us why Juventus was winning despite Inter Milan spending more?

Cos giving excuse of spending as a reason for being trophyless is pathetic when Portsmouth and Birmingham have won trophies

@Duduspace You can't win with this folks, when peeps make their mind up about an issue they throw every objectivity to the wind, well done for always calling them out. Its a tough time to be an Arsenal fan. Depending on how they respond on Saturday, the season is not over yet.

Whats objective about you lying through your teeth? First you gave a list of clubs who didnt win trophies yet it was full of holes, lies and blatant falsehood.

Next you claim the biggest spenders win the league again this has fallen like a pack of cards
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Can you explain to us why Man Utd was winning the league despite Chelsea being the highest spender?
Can you explain to us why Juventus was winning despite Inter Milan spending more?
Cos giving excuse of spending as a reason for being trophyless is pathetic when Portsmouth and Birmingham have won trophies

what is birmingham's wage bill compared to arsenal? grin grin yet, birmingham didn''t need extra-time or penalty shoot-out to beat arsene wenger's best team in the last six years in a cup final.

Whats objective about you lying through your teeth? First you gave a list of clubs who didnt win trophies yet it was full of holes, lies and blatant falsehood.
Next you claim the biggest spenders win the league again this has fallen like a pack of cards

kc jazz is actually better than fufuface. kcjazz can be economical with the truth but i can understand his problem. mumuface on the other hand is a liar and he's deluded.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2011
kcjazz:

Cougar loses his objectivity when its a discussion about Arsenal,  The season is far from over but even the most convinced Gooner would have been shaken by the events of these past 2 weeks. The league at least is still largely in our hands. If the lads fail, they only have themselves to blame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

kc jazz is actually better than fufuface. kcjazz can be economical with the truth but i can understand his problem. mumuface on the other hand is a liar and he's deluded.

DK I can understand, he is just lonely on his munschit thread but you are nigh hitting the streets in yur birthday suit. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
duduspace:

Cougar loses his objectivity when its a discussion about Arsenal,  The season is far from over but even the most convinced Gooner would have been shaken by the events of these past 2 weeks. The league at least is still largely in our hands. If the lads fail, they only have themselves to blame.

which objectivity have i lost here? everything i have typed here is a factual statement. i don't pluck numbers out of the atmosphere.
season is far from over and yet arsenal are out of 3 of the remaining 4 competitions. . . . .some gaynners do have them. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

which objectivity have i lost here? everything i have typed here is a factual statement. i don't pluck numbers out of the atmosphere.
season is far from over and yet arsenal are out of 3 of the remaining 4 competitions. . . . .some gaynners do have them. grin

Yes you state some facts but your conclusion from such facts are usually absurd or just plain irrelevant. Atimes yu correctly write the number 2 but you then take a look at it and tell us its 4 grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

Is the part in bold something new or doesnt this happen every season?

Read below [rojections

Arsenal's Season Foreseen

* After yet another trophyless season, Arsene Wenger tells Arsenal fans that he has spotted the problems in the side and will regulate them in the transfer market.

* One month after making these comments, and with no one still signed, the apologists begin by claiming that 'Arsene needs to wait for the World Cup to finish' before signing anyone.

* Apologists then come to the realisation that the 15 year olds Wenger intends on signing aren't at the World Cup, since Burundi, Burkina Faso and Zamunda aren't taking part.

* Chamakh comes in on a free. He adds firepower to 'new signings' Diaby, Djourou, RVP and Vela (all back from injury of course).

* The World Cup finishes and still no sign of a top defender, top midfielder or top striker. Wenger apologists then claim that Arsene is 'waiting for Godot'.

* A week later, Wenger bemoans the inflated nature of the transfer market.

* Almunia gets a job waitering at the Ivy and Szcezcny  is hailed as the new Lev Yashin.

* With 2 weeks to go until the start of the season, and still no sign of further additions, Wenger picks up a turd from Hampstead heath and puts it in the squad.

* One day after watching the turd in training, Wenger insists that 'he cannot find anything better than what he currently has'.

* Arsene's cult agree. Some random 'diehard' claims that anyone criticising Wenger's decision to sign the turd should 'go and support Chelski or Citeh'. If Wenger has seen the turd in training then he Knows best.

* The season begins. Arsenal destroy Ebbsfleet 15-1 on the opening day, with the turd even getting in on the act.(Substitute with Braga)

* Cue riotous celebrations. 'Arsene Knows' and 'the turd has proved his critics wrong'.

* Turd is given a massive contract extension and bumper pay rise the following day.

* Transfer window slams shut. Only then does Wenger reveal he was 'very close' to signing Lio Messi, David Villa, Whitney Houston and Robert Mugabe.

* Arsenal surge to a great run and are top on new year's day!

* Wenger goes on to throw the FA Cup. Range of deluded apologists defend this disgraceful decision.

* In the following weeks, Arsenal play Man United. Despite 100% possession, Arsenal have no shots on goal and lose 5-0 at home to Man United's 3 shots ongoal (plus a Denilson + Fabianski og).

* Random Arsenal player gives a loudmouth interview claiming 'we will learn from this'.

* Two days later, Arsenal go to Stamford Bridge and only manage 80% possession. Didier scores a hat-trick inside 15 minutes.

* The Chelsea back-line and keeper decide to sunbathe for the rest of the match, safe in the knowledge that Arsenal will play one thousand pretty passes in front of the D, without anyone actually shooting.

* Wenger gives post-match interview, furious about Chelsea's 'anti-football' and disgusted that Ancelotti has invented a new on-field collective known as a 'defence'.

* Wenger is even more disgusted at the 6 foot plus fella on the nets preventing the ball going in. Arsene had always thought that bloke's job was to pick the ball out of the net once it had gone in?

* Robin Van Persie injures himself doing the moonwalk. Out for the season.

* Rosicky injures himself eating a Krispy Kreme, Out for '4-6 weeks'. Ends up being out for a decade.

* Arsenal fans claim that 'with a fit Rosicky and RVP' that the UK would definitely have won the Eurovision song contest.

* Now out of the league cup, FA Cup and title race, Arsene Wenger claims that these 3 competitions don't matter, and that only the CL does.

* After his kids have their undies pulled down by Barca in the CL yet again, AW claims he has discovered a new mathematical theory whereby third place is actually superior to first.

* Arsenal fans happily digest this and serenade Wenger, who is offered a contract for life.

Repeat to fade.

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_5927815,00.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2011

* Arsenal fans claim that 'with a fit Rosicky and RVP' that the UK would definitely have won the Eurovision song contest.

* Now out of the league cup, FA Cup and title race, Arsene Wenger claims that these 3 competitions don't matter, and that only the CL does.

* Arsenal fans happily digest this and serenade Wenger, who is offered a contract for life.

Repeat to fade.

goodness gracious! this bit is so true.

duduspace:

Yes you state some facts but your conclusion from such facts are usually absurd or just plain irrelevant. Atimes yu correctly write the number 2 but you then take a look at it and tell us its 4 grin

can we see some evidence of these accusations?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Jens Lehmann is set to come out of retirement and return to Arsenal on a short-term contract if he can prove his fitness to Arsene Wenger.

Lehmann, 41, is in talks with the Premier League club about a shock return three years after leaving Arsenal and hopes to be included in the squad for this weekend's trip to West Brom.

The veteran shot stopper revealed to German newspaper Bild that he was ready to jump in and help his old team. "Arsenal has a goalkeeper emergency at the moment. I'm glad that I can help," he is quoted as saying.

It is understood that the former Germany international, who was at Camp Nou last week for Arsenal's Champions League elimination at the hands of Barcelona, will be assessed by Wenger in training sessions at London Colney this week.

Manuel Almunia is the Londoners' only senior goalkeeper currently available following injuries to Wojciech Szczesny (finger) and Lukasz Fabianski (shoulder), while rookie Vito Mannone, currently on loan at Hull City, is sidelined with a thigh problem.

James Shea, a 19-year-old England youth international, has been recalled from a loan spell at Southampton but is considered too inexperienced for frontline action.

Lehmann is currently a free agent having retired from the game last summer after two seasons with Stuttgart back in the Bundesliga following his five-year spell at Arsenal.

The Premier League have confirmed that the German can be signed outside the transfer window as he is currently without a club and Wenger, who revealed last week that he intended to bring in cover for the run-in, would hope to have him available and on the bench at the Hawthorns.

Lehmann made almost 200 appearances for the club after signing from Borussia Dortmund in 2003 and was sent off in the 2006 Champions League final against Barcelona before losing his place to Almunia, although he would be considered very much understudy to the Spaniard this time around.

He has been working in the media since retiring from the game and has attended matches at the Emirates already this season as a pundit for both English and German broadcasters.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/03/14/2394313/jens-lehmann-in-talks-to-sign-short-team-deal-at-arsenal-by
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
lehmann going back to arsenal? now i am more confident united will beat arsenal at the emirates. what a relief! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Image123(m): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
Dayokanu, now that's so unfair to remind the hope and strength dream of 'arsenal season foreseen'. Lehmann? i do hope these guys would not finish the league as 3rd or 4th, chelsea's so near.
Told this lot they need a coach, they still think its not so.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
*Cougar*:

can we see some evidence of these accusations?
If you can't see them already, I'll show them to you when yu show evidence of me lying.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 2:31am On Mar 15, 2011
1st things first . . .

I have been very busy and am sure u cats know am never one to run from the battle line . . .the scummies won and am not so surprised . . .the moment I saw ALMUNIA in goal I told my friends WE WONT WIN THIS GAME, what did they do ? they moved from the same corner and left just the same way they did when we lost to BARCA and I saw TECH9 leave the field . . .It was painful but there and then I knew it was over . . .as long as ALMUNIA is on the field and Arsenal needs to win anything except Emirates cup, WE WILL ALWAYS LOSE . . .Imagine losing Tech9 to the mildest of freekicks by ALVES? This is more spiritual than physical . . .I don tell una right now if Almunia will be in goal against MANURE on MAY 1st y'all should just forget it!!!

back to the present . . .

@Biolabee . . .Diaby offers something refreshingly unique to that team, the problem with his is the injury issues which he seems to be having like I have seen same made a mess of Rosicky, part of me wants Diaby to go and part of me wants him to stay, isnt that what makes us gunners . . .INDECISIVENESS? grin

Someone said Bendtner should go? are u guys freaking kidding? for a 22/23 yr old you think he should be let gone? I used to argue same but I have watched him from closer quarters . . . .if the best AW can be getting from transfers are Chamakh and Squilacci why should NIC B be allowed to leave . . .FFS Bendtner apart from Walcott is about our main impact player . . .as long as we continue to keep duds in our team, Bendtner can be the worst dud grin allo him be cheesy

Gibbs, for all his hype was officially rubbish on saturday and I cant see people comment on that . . .

Denilson should go . . simples!

as long as we dont have SONG in our team, I have always said it, we are officially rubbish! that guy is the heart and soul of Arsenal . . .go watch the matches he has been missing in and the percentage win per those matches u will understand that no one understands the club like I do . . .make I brag small grin

A team that loses to the likes of Fabio, Rafael, Gibson, Brown, Samalling etc needs to be checked for match-fixing . . seriously I tot SIR ALEX had collected some bribe from AW when I saw that teamlist . . .shame we had on some of our best players - RVP, NASRI, DJ20, KOS . . .shame! angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by BABE3: 2:53am On Mar 15, 2011
The Wenger Effect!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2011
Damn! I haven't been here for quite a while,what have I missed? tongue
In the last three/four days, it's looking like Arsene is Satan himself grin
I reserve most of my comments till the season is over!
If we get to sign Lehmann(for those who dont know), he will just be there as a cover and not pick the jersey immediately.Woijiech could even be back sooner than we expect!
For now,We just hope the silly decision not to fork out money and get an additional Centre back won't come back to haunt us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
hannie:

Gibbs, for all his hype was officially rubbish on saturday and I cant see people comment on that . . .

You are very right, ever since he came back from his broken foot, seems the lad has been afraid to fully commit to tackles. The goal conceeded against Leyton Orient was a warning of things to come.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^
Arsenal FC have just reinstated that Djorou will be out for the rest of the season in spite of the news from the Swiss FA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^
Don't be surprised if you see him play. We did the same with Cesc at Nou Camp wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.